***,112位/***,114位 ◎ (***,296 pt) [*,**1予約] 2017/06/21 TVアニメ「進撃の巨人」Season 2 Vol.1 [Blu-ray]

>***,112位/***,114位 ◎ (***,296 pt) [*,**1予約] 2017/06/21 TVアニメ「進撃の巨人」Season 2 Vol.1 [Blu-ray]
>Estimated final sales: 2681

JUST

Nobody cares in Japan, will it even reach 10k?

Most people don't care anymore. The ship has sailed

Good. I really hope they regret milking it and not releasing a second season in 2015 like they should have. They've gotta earn their hype back.

Is this the ultimate example of anime sales do not matter? It it did they would have shat out a second season as soon as they could.

Damn, it will be hilarious when the 54k sales will drop to 5-6k

Reminder that BD box only sold 1k

>potentially one of the most popular and profitable anime ever
>instead the laziness and incompetence of the studio failed to cash in when it was hot
>only 12 episodes

KEK MY LIFE INTO PIECES

>studio
They're not the ones who fund the new season

How can they estimate final sales on a BD coming out in June and when only the first episode of the anime has aired?

>studio
Lel not their fault, ask the producers instead.

4 YEARS

Sales from sequels are always frontloaded. This is about the highest rank SnK will get.

Happening

The producers are fucking retards then. They could have had a one-cour second season years ago back when snk was still relevant.

Disk sales is still money and it's always great when the anime can pay for itself and make a big profit.
Wit doesn't care since (delayed it for years) they just get a check to make it, kodansha must be mad as fuck now.

Depends on what extras it comes with.

Leave WIT to me.

Should've just animated it sooner while it was hot and made an original ending if possible.

>Kabaneri will outsell SnK

Is there any greater humiliation than this?

What did all the snk kiddies move on to?

The western fanbase is still as strong as ever, but they don't buy the BDs.

>make MC an inventor
>never show any interesting inventing shit
>make heroine strong and cool
>turn her into damsel in distress
>flesh out characters even less than in snk
>have forgettable generic villain with an anticlimatic ending

It amazes me how shit Kabaneri was. They should have learned from snk and made something way better.

One Punch Man, which is even worse (or at least the anime is). At least the jokes in SnK were funny.

>still as strong as ever

No it isn't. All the Youtubers go on about how their hype for the show died and how they moved onto other shows like Boku no Hero and OPM.

Did Kobayashi outsell snk too? I think pretty much anything can outsell it

Second seasons and beyond always have declines, but this is too much, the producers deserve this for make the fans waiting 4 years, but S3 never

>>never show any interesting inventing shit
All I ever saw of it when it was airing was him doing the shit with soldering his infection, but outside of that and the gun he doesn't really make anything.

Turning mumei into a damsel (and everything relating to it) was comically retarded though, yea.

BD sales drop, but the manga sales have been steady/

How has this yuricuck not killed himself yet?

Talk about a clustered fucking poster. On topic, you can't blame Japan honestly, the momentum died three years ago.

If they can go on only with the manga sales, the fans can say goodbye to the anime then

>studio gets much deserved karma
>best arc in snk gets animated
>political arc doesn't get animated

It all worked out desu.

>Wit is not part of the production committee
>they are just comissioned to animate the show
>if s2 flops, they are safe from any losses
>they use their money on Kabaneri
>actually sells and they earn more money
>cycle repeats
>Kabaneri season 4
Get fucked SnKfags

Fujos went to Osomatsu and YoI. Otaku went to Love Live and GuP movie. Normalfags bought the manga.

No, Konosuba will outsell its S1. Sequels can do as well as S1s nowadays, SnK had no excuse.

Is it really a surprise? Not only did they wait forever to do S2, but recent chapters pissed off massive chunks of the loyal fanbase in Japan. Most of the dedicated fans turned doujinshi-only if they haven't completely abandoned the series.

Its four years late. No one cares about this shit anymore.

His site is useful for an EOP like me, unlike anything you do

>better than One Piece they said

>recent chapters pissed off massive chunks of the loyal fanbase in Japan
Why?

ig fuckin owns wit u dumbass

In other news

>***,**2位/***,**2位 ○ (*10,847 pt) [*,*13予約] 2017/04/26 GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation 1(完全生産限定版) [DVD]
>***,**3位/***,**3位 (*15,105 pt) [*,*39予約] 2017/04/26 GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation 1(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]
>***,*32位/***,*32位 (**8,433 pt) [*,*27予約] 2017/04/26 【Amazon.co.jp限定】GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation 1
>***,132位/***,132位 ○ (**3,839 pt) [*,**4予約] 2017/04/26 【Amazon.co.jp限定】GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation 1

Konosuba delayed for only one year.

Kodansha owns AOT IP.

You don't even get any decent shit with this stuff apart from Skins and a ticket I think.

4 YEARS 1 COUR

We already got fucked during the political arc.

DELET THIS

STOP BULLYING WIT

They are trying their best goddamit

I agree. The manga hasn't been very good lately, and they waited far too long to spit out a second season. They didn't build any hype for this season, and most people stopped caring.
Had they pushed this out a year or less after S1, the sales would be much better.

>4 years of waiting for 12 episodes.
They deserved it desu, there's enough material in the manga for 24 episodes.

The issue is the Japanese actually know how retarded the story gets, unlike the filthy foreign AOs.

Because it's fucking bad. The main cast have such strong plot armor that there's no tension of anyone dying, Titans can now transfer memories via some weird time magic shit, and we just got another time jump. What got the Elevens and the Westerners hooked in the first place was how much death was occurring in the series so they got invested in worrying about these characters but of the main cast we had in Season 1, in the manga only TWO of them have died and that happened after 3 arcs of bullshit that everyone survived, and one of the most obviously plot armored'd characters survived at the cost of those two characters so it ends up feeling like both of them died just to keep the one author wanted alive

Erwin died

but ig is on the production committee

They would have released it in 2015 (more than enough material for a one-cour second season), which would have actually been very reasonable. Instead they released OVA shit and recap movies that nobody wanted to milk the series, and they won't even apologize for it. They deserve everything they're getting.

Otakus are all spending their bucks on Kemono Friends and Yuri on Ice now.

I'm pretty sure the issue is that they wanted to keep the staff from season 1, but they were always busy with something else, leaving it for later. They ended up going with a different director for season 2, but they took too long to give up.

The production committee should just have scrapped it all and gone for a different studio and staff.

and anime sequels too

Araki still as chief director, but i think they don't really care after 4 years

Erwin died so the faggot Armin could live

No they cant buy kemono friends stuff
Kadokawa fucked up

>4 years
>12 episodes
>Animation the same exact as it was 4 years ago
>Sales decline because AOT is shit and everyone moved on
>Only westerners give a shit

dead on arrival

b..but THE STREAMING SALES

Serves them right.

They wanted to milk this franchise for 4 fucking years instead of spending money on another season.

This is what you get. The pinnacle of the AoT hype was in 2013/14 and they missed the chance to continue in 2015.

Now most people simply moved on and don't really care anymore.

For real though since it's so popular in the west, I think Netflix exclusive will be profitable for sure.

>but outside of that and the gun
He helped make those piercing swords and even attached them to Mumei's guns. All this shit was made before though by Justin Biba's band.

People think it won't make some profit after all? really?

it will reach 50k again

Anime original sequels will be next huge craze in Japan

CCS Sequel and Code Geass R3 will top the sales next year

>>flesh out characters even less than in snk
One had 12 while the other had 25. Even with 25, hardly half the cast is developed in snk.

>han anticlimatic ending
Wasn't planned to end there though.

>should have learned from snk
But it's shit as well when you actually think about it. Even the pacing is awful.

>Kabaneri gets 2cour
WIT please make it happen

Only Sup Forums think that way. Its figurine & merchs will be sold like hotcakes as usual.

I think this is for the best. This series has a god awful fanbase in the west and the manga plot has been a clusterfuck since forever. Time to move on.

Erwin had to die to Armong, even though Armong should've already been dead from a 50 ft smash drop.

>dubs
Yes please

It's window has been closed for a while now, 2015 should have been the absolute latest date to have a 2nd season.

Hell, even I dropped the manga when Armin died, or Levi Ackerman was revealed, or when they decided to do the rebellion with the newspapers. Shit I don't even remember, whichever is the most recent.

i think some people think only the bd sales matter, but they will go on with the anime if they want

It'll make money, there's no doubt there's still hype, but you can't have an anime that absolutely slams in America, then run a manga monthly and have an anime 4 years apart, let your hype die down, and expect to do the numbers you could have done if you would've railed on the cash cow. Incredibly bad decisions on behalf of the producers. AOT will be only half of what it could have been.

Even worse happened to Durarara, the anime industry makes no sense.

same shit like durarara

I was feeling kind of skeptical about SNK under performing but you remind me of how no one cared about Durarara despite it being huge years ago.

They shouldn't have gotten wrapped up in other projects to begin with. Cancel them and focus on the show which is making you the most money.

>estimated

kek, japanese reddit estimations are always accurate OH WAIT

>One had 12 while the other had 25. Even with 25, hardly half the cast is developed in snk.

Still more original and better than kabaneri's cast. MC's motives and thought process were literally identical to Eren's.

>Wasn't planned to end there though.

Neither was SnK at the end of its first season but they still managed to make it climactic.

Yuri on Ice.

That moment when you realize that Attack on Titan will lose to titles like Is it wrong to pick up Girls in an Dungeon, How to Train a boring Girlfriend

Did the expect people to wait 4 years to find out what's in the basement?

Are people even going to find that out this season?

If it loses to dungeon, christ. How do people even like that shitty isekai.

They don't go outside the walls this season unlike last

Personally I thought the 3 cour was a masterpiece yet each each season sold much worse then the last.

I dropped the manga when they started talking about overthrowing the government or something, does it ever get better?
Did they get to that fucking basement yet?

There's literally no way a manga that is still this popular is gonna sell that little units.
Unless the anime is utter shit, it's gonna pick up.

>did they get to that fucking basement yet?
Yes. The basement just has a diary about multiple corrupt ancient governments and how that ties into the origins of the titans so I'm going to assume that you'll probably hate it even more.

Yea, I don't see a drop down to only 2k. There's no way that'll happen. I say we wait till the Armor/Colossal identity reveal to see what the numbers are.

ugh

They waited too long and it's only going to be 12 episodes. There's also hardly any Manlet in this arc and he's the most popular character in Japan by a mile.

>Still more original and better
No shit. Hard to come up with creepy cannibalistic naked giants.

>still managed to make it climactic
They didn't really get anywhere in that either though. Literally zero plot progression in that arc. Just death and more death.

>no one cares anymore
perfect, picked up. you can always count on the voluble character of the pleb

Everybody already knows who they are.

woah, it's almost as if it came out a little too late