What are your 1rs impressions of this 2nd season

what are your 1rs impressions of this 2nd season

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.mangafox.me/threads/430977-Titans-Discussion-Thread?p=9251318&viewfull=1#post9251318
youtube.com/watch?v=VIyIuSHI0MYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMXgHfHxKVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WE

>12 episodes
>each with 10 minutes of new content taking away OP/ED, recaps

This is the most cucked series of all time

same shit

It's fine. Stop posting about this fucking show.

It should've been done 4 years ago right after the S1 before the whole shit wasn't forgotten and memed to death.

WUZ

DINOSAURS

really boring 1st episode

Seriously, how are they going to animate this scene? I just can't get it done in my head.

I already got my share of monkey trouble jokes back in 2013.

Really? Only 12? I thought a typical anime season is like 24 episodes.

Who would even be surprised at this reveal?
I remember that before the Female titan even appear we already know who the Colossal and armor titan are.

That was just fucking retarded, how can you set up the biggest reveal at that point in the series like that?

AoT is overrated trash. All the normalfags who started hating on SAO became AoT enthusiusts. Anyone who thinks otherwise is also retarded. AoT asspulls Titan magic in a world where technology isnt even used. Wall? No other defensive mechanisms?

>tfw you realize you could've literally finished uni since attack on tits season 1

hmm

Hanji is talking to someone at the same time, i could imagine that the scene is centered on Hanji talking, and whenever she pauses for a moment, we hear bits of the conversation of Reiner dropping his spaghetti in the background.

Also no music, just the wind blowing.

It wasn't even a reveal dumbass. Some guy already figured out their identity 10 chapters in. forums.mangafox.me/threads/430977-Titans-Discussion-Thread?p=9251318&viewfull=1#post9251318

>neo-Sup Forums

I think so too. Or Hanji's dialogue gets toned down while Reiner's gets louder while the camera zooms in on them

>watched AoT S1 as a junior in High School
>watching Aot S2 as a junior in College
Feels weird man

The passage of time is fucking terrifying.

srsly what the fuck with that dinosaur shit?

This is something I was thinking about to but as long as we get that shot of mikasa overhearing I'm good although it probably wont be as funny as it was in the manga.
What was Reiner thinking anyway did he really think Eren was gonna be like "Oh well lets leave then" with the two people who destroyed his village they shoulda grabbed him and dipped without saying anything.

Man, I love this, I laughed so much.

best reveal in any manga I've ever read just because of how fucking unsubtle it was

>normalfags
>hating on SAO

Actually it was fucking great. There are ways to reveal information without it being some major climax. Because they wanted to reason with Eren they chose to be inconspicuous, which makes sense. Making it a two page spread or something would make no sense.

Have you been living under a rock?

its been pretty "normal" to shit on SAO for a while most people don't like it at all

>boohoo ur show is trash
k

What is that sound effect going across the panel?

Naruto is the best.

The future.

Can Mikasa hear them? She has a "wtf" look on her face

>HYOOOOOOOOOOOOO
im assuming its the wind

>watched s1 at the start of uni
>started going on Sup Forums at that time
>almost done uni now

Literally the greatest reveal ever.

yea thats the joke you an anime only user

yo honestly im sorry for not reading, i couldnt find myself caring

what the fuck is the build up here, does the bomb just drop like this? thats so fucking funny

It's so stupid it's genius.

it just drops

you read it fast like some offhand conversation that's not even important since it's in the background then you just go "wait what the fuck" and it's just there. The whole thing was perfectly delivered

Shut up you retard, ONE GUY had a hairbrained crackpot theory that concluded that they were the Collosal and Armored Titans, and most people passed it off as nonsense, attributing the few points of evidence as panel errors or coincidence.
It was still quite a huge reveal when the chapter came out.

it practically came out of nowhere I can't remember if they were heading out after hearing about the beast or what but it just drops it was great.

>What was Reiner thinking anyway
He was panicked as shit, you saw it best on his and Bert's faces in the chapters which the most recent episode covered. They had no idea Zeke was going to show up and do what he was doing, and as far as they knew, they had taken too long and someone from the mainland showed up to do the whole operation without them.
All they knew was that suddenly the wall was broken and titans were inside, they had to act fast, and as we already saw, Reiner is starting to have some mental problems come to the surface.

Yes, that's why she tries to cut off Bert's head on the next page, don't you remember? You have read it, right?

It was right after the Castle Utgard shit went down, I can't remember why they got on top of that wall but they were basically all just recuperating from the shitstorm that just hit them and trying to understand the situation, since there was no hole in the wall whatsoever.

Well there was an interview with Isayama and he said there was an important scene that he's looking forward to and that he gave a lot of suggestions to the staff about it. 90% sure he meant this one.

gotcha its been a while of course it was after the beast titan dilemma because bert and reiner were with the rest of the squad then sorry I forgot the order of the events between that the castle and the reveal.
appreciate it.

Eh. It seemed pretty obvious to me, and I didn't even follow any of the threads.

post yfw

What clued you in to it then?

Pretty good 1st episode

The character designs, for one. Like, come on. That, plus their close relationship to one another made it more than obvious.

I am having severe trouble because all I can hear is Orga. Shit.

Great intro, I missed this show so much.

you think it'll be ep 2 or 3?

We still have to get through all of the wandering around shit, Connie's village, AND Utgard. It'll be like episode 5 or 6, MAYBE the end of 4, and the rest of the season will be them chasing down Reiner and Bert.

Seiyuus are really bad actors.

I don't like the intro at all, doesn't hold a candle to either OP of the first season.

youtube.com/watch?v=VIyIuSHI0MYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMXgHfHxKVM

Granted, it is hard to stack up to the first OP which was incredibly catchy and with a lot of flair in the visuals too, but still.

Can someone give me a quick rundown about what happens in the series?

Yeah humanity lives inside walls and giant naked humanoids called titans are attacking them.

Yeah some cool shit happens but some shit is shit and theres some big naked humanoids too

It would take less than two cours to catch up to the manga. In fact it might only take 16-17 episodes really.

Nah, crossboarder-kun, most shows released per season are 12 episodes. These days even 24-26 episode orders sometimes take a season long break after half the episodes air, saving the rest for later in the year.

Annie is the Female Titan
Bertholdt is the Colossal Titan
Reiner is the Armored Titan
Ymir is the Dancing Titan
the Walls are Titans
Eren is the Shingeki no Kyojin Titen, just like his dad
Actually everyone except the Mary Sue asians are Titans, but they don't know it

>It would take less than two cours to catch up to the manga. In fact it might only take 16-17 episodes really.
Nah, the uprising arc would take a while, it could easily be its own 12 episode thing. The reclamation arc would be shorter but IMMEDIATELY leads in to the heavy backstory dumps we're still getting in the manga.

Lemon key face????

AN

holy shit this i'm in my 3rd year uni

i guess, i thought maybe they'll cut through a bit of that since theres only 12 eps, but i suppose more or less the whole season is going to be that story

Man i miss the good ol days when monkey trouble was just revealed in the manga and every thread was just monkey trouble

You underestimate how much the manga covered in 4 years

how long before we get to the wild wild west?

Am I still an animeonly if I started the manga after finishing S1, but dropped it and this was so long ago I can't remember a thing that happens so essentially I'm going in blind?

Does it matter?

Yeah, the first season covered eight volumes in two cours and according to wikipedia (anime-only fag, sorry) we're now in the middle of volume 22, so assuming roughly consistent pacing they could fill out two cours with what they have.

It's probably more that they'd rather do single cours with breaks of 3-12 months in between (like what Fate/Zero and UBW did) than a two cour season followed by another 2-3 year break. Keeps the brand fresher in peoples' minds, keeps fans more engaged, and gives them more opportunities for selling merch, on top of it being easier on the animators to make quality material than if they had to make twice as many episodes back to back, I'd imagine.

>they could fill out two cours with what they have.
But 8 volumes for the first season means 4 volumes per cour. After the first season there's 14 volumes left which is 3 and a half more cours of anime.

The Jews are oppressing the Nazis for revenge but don't genocide them back because only people of Nazi blood can use titan powers. The king of the Nazis used his titan powers to build a big wall on an island and the Jews dump titans there constantly

Dude, the material covered by the 24 eps in s1 is like a fraction of everything that came out since. The rest should be enough for like 50+ eps

you at least had a more successful first episode

It was alright