Yowamushi Pedal

Best boy out of nowhere. It's finally time to toughen up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bW5KA_gzjOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Body Of The Year

I hope this training arc gets interesting.

I'd be sad if Koga was used only to slightly improve Teshima during these 1000km.

You know that's the case, the inferior rider winning because the power of will.

I'm sad Sugimotos are not there.

Redemption arcs are the greatest. It takes double the will to come back and then win.

Sugimotos should make it in time for next years competition. They will shine there. I can see them completing a large chunk of this years 1000km.

I thought I was the only one still watching this.

why is he so perfect Sup Forums?

Still watching.

There really isn't much to discuss about from this ep, though.

KOGA
O
G
A

TELL ME KOGA SENPAI BECOMES THE NEW CAPTAIN.
TELL ME.

I was surprised by how bad the series' scans look, is it just the translators that are doing a really bad job cleaning raws?

Pic related

I'm happy someone picked it up. Translations are currently 15 volumes behind.

>bikes and wheel in captcha

LITERALLY WHO

please no I love Teshima

>New kid is supposed to learn how to work on his own
>Gets all his motivation from his butt buddy anyway

I like how Teshima and Aoyagi are also trying to step away from their co-dependence.

After training camp we go straight into Inter High. It still feels like the last one only just finished.

only real men wear pink and still look glorious with it.

Issa sucks

>being this overt

OST when? the soundtrack has been on point this season

Damn kogas gerat, should just drop the first year shitter

Hu hu hu

Thats pretty gay.

Did they finish the 2nd inter-high in the manga?

FukuJun was a great choice.

So did they go straigth from the training camp to inhigh?

I thought this was a race in between but the drama with that one kid that was replaced by massagekun made it seem as if this was the inhigh.

Well, there were 4 pages where they're back in school but then it's inhigh. Page is from warmups before inhigh start.

Anyone else hardly go into these threads to avoid nip-nong only spoilers? In fact, don't even tell me, I'm out of here.

All those new hair styles in the OP and ED, it's a shame that Midousuji didn't keep the white stripe that showed up out of nowhere but he still looks great.
And yeah, Koga looks like 100% best boy material indeed.

universtiy spinoff with kinjou and arakita when

>>it's been two years but im not going to wash my sweaty, smelly jersey

its probably just wont come out. probably didnt immediately put it in the wash.

so Sugimoto lost so hard he literally disappeared from existence?

H-He's still in the OP! Being cooler than he's ever been, too!

Has anyone watched the live action drama?

It's not great

Fuck man, i have seen threads about this series for years, is it fun? is not fujoshit?

It's both.

>mangafox
Just kill yourself.

Great episode.

Threads are hard to keep alive.

I hope Aoyagi develops something original. I seriously wasn't expecting this to be his gimmick.

Why does he wear the mask?

It's not really Fujoshi. But it is a main cast of just men. It's a men bike riding sports manga.

Waay less fujoshi than other sports manga though. It's closest to Eyeshield 21 as far a the fujoshiness goes.

I saw some spoilers years ago and from what I can remember, he develops a different technique after this thing.

I'm expecting something like him being Onoda's childhood friend that used to bike with him to Akiba back when they were kids or wherever Onoda goes to get his otaku stuff from.

Fujoshit is just a meaningless buzzword, any series with a predominantly male cast gets called that.

Does midousuji pull off more crazy shit at the inter-high

>I'm happy someone picked it up
Blows my mind that the scans were dead at all.

I always expect something entertaining when Midousuji is involved.

Kimoi

Anyone up to date with raws? Did InHigh finish already?

youtube.com/watch?v=bW5KA_gzjOU

Is that guy on the left as much of a mixture of Arakita and Shinkai as he seems to be?

guy on the left looks over 20

Izumida is getting sexier and sexier!

How much of the interhigh will the anime cover?

I think his new haircut is pretty dumb.

I'm guessing all of it.
Would be a real dick move to just stop halfway.

I'm not staring at his hair.

They literally did this in season 1.

He loses.

I hate it.

It can't be helped.
I feel like he's going to waste here. It's not fair. Replace that Naruko clone already.

>first Sugimoto gits gud
>nah fuck it, here have a Naruko clone
>then best boy out of nowhere
>nah fuck it as well
I guess the author kind of shot himself on the foot by only having one slot left for a new character in the second Sohoku, especially in comparison with Hakone which got fucking four of them.
Anyway, what's going to happen to Naruko after he lost to Midousuji? Everything kind of went back to normal right after that. Is he going to become an all-rounder instead of pure sprinter?

Yeah it's pretty obvious, Teshima is an established and developed character who got a ton of focus once the 3rd years left while Koga came basically out of nowhere. Kinda feels a bit cheap, he's obviously there to give Teshima a boost so it won't feel like an asspull when he does amazing stuff in the actual race later.

hmm i wonder who we'll get on the team next year.. the main 3, sugimoto & bro and issa?

>tfw they dont het their own series

damn all the gay shit when i googled for a image

I mean we technically already have the lineup.

4 out of 6 are staying.
So just replace the 2 who are leaving with the sugibros.

I'd feel real crappy if Sugi doesn't make it in the last year. Like real shit.

Thinking about getting into this again. Dropped it right after Fatty and Red dropped after the start of the race in the last season. Is this season better than the first?

I mean the highest hype point was the inhigh.

The manga is now at the start of the next Inhigh so I'm ready for hype again.

Although this year's team is less hype than last years in my opinion.

First Inter High ran in manga between volumes 9 and 27. Anime is currently 17 volumes behind manga.
We might not reach the end of first day of Inter High this season.

More cadence! More cadence!

So any intense athlete know if highschoolers can actually do shit like 250km a day for 4 days?

Yeah. The new kid is also a sprinter.

You could probably do 450km in 4 days by just normal riding routine, 600km if you really try, 800km if you're gifted. 1000km is 600 miles, if your legs can peddle that long of a distance even with all the cadence and proper training, they gotta be made out of steel and you have to have the stamina of a superhuman, because you should be puking your fucking guts up right around 800km and your muscles should certainly begin to cave in to exhaustion.

It's feasible but very hard. 250km is the most at the Tour de France. For highschoolers it's obviously a lot harder but they have the entire day at the training camp, they can take breaks, sit down and eat and also ride at night. It's possible to keep up such an effort for a couple of days.

We haven't seen any progress from Imaizumi and Onoda over the year between Inter High. I'm ready to be stunned.
Midousuji now has rivalry with 3 Sohoku members. This combined with Hakone being apparently stronger than year before should develop into something pretty good.

20 km/h on a pretty flat course with a race bike is not that hard, I'm pretty sure you can keep that up for 12,5 hours a day. Split that into 4 times 3,1 hours with an hour rest in between and you can still get around 7 hours of sleep.

You could probably train your way up there, but your not doing 1000km in 4 days without at least maybe a 3-4 years of heavy riding, proper breathing exercises, etc. But for your normal rider, and probably what's provisioned with most high schools, I doubt majority would be able to topple over 850km or higher. That's such a long distance. You'd have to have a body built for it.

Well yeah, the top students are portrayed as outstanding athletes who have usually been training hard for years so I think 1000km is a really good number. I can't remember exactly but in S1 I think they showed the score for the rest and aside from the main trio nobody got over 800. And the second year they're not really worried about being able to finish anymore. Granted the bike modifications make it a bit unrealistic but it's manga.

I mean 1000 km in 4 days is just on that limit between realistic and not.

Especially comparing it to the training they had in Eyeshield 21 where they just pushed a car across the whole desert in america. Or getting a bag of ice to the top of the tokyo tower by walking on a very hot day and if it melts you start again.

Please tell me Midousuji and Teshima start shittalking each other during the InterHigh. My dick is not ready for this.

What would you guys do if you had the super power of knowing everything that is wrong with a person by grazing their muscle?

Become a world class physio, obviously. Those guys make good money.

I think this year's inhigh will be more about strategy whereas last was more about just pure strength.

Can't wait for Teshima keikaku.

>this entire fucking anime

Heh... Yeah, i remember that basketball one about the kid who could hide in plain sight and the dude who had a Kamehameha as his signature basketball throw or some bullshit... This is something you'd watch while high i swear to god.

Compared to other sports manga and anime I think Yowapeda is pretty tame.

Every sports anime falls somewhere on a scale where one side is realistic while the other is supernatural.

Inazuma 11 is on the extreme end of the supernatural side while Giant Killing is on the other end of the realistic side.

Kuroko no Basuke is maybe halfway between the middle and the supernatural side, but before Prince of Tennis.

Yowamushi Pedal is probably just in the middle of the scale.

There was also that one kendo sports manga where the ghost of a master of an old forgotten sword style would possess the dude who would wear glasses to limit his "too good" vision.

Which character had the most ridiculous gimmick so far

Well on one hand we have this:
But on the other hand we have Midousuji.

Sounds like Yu-Gi-Oh!

Kuroko no Basuke was relatively realistic during its first season/first 90 chapters.
Yowamushi Pedal is arguably slightly more realistic in the very beginning, but by the time it gets to inter-high it is worse than the first season of Kuroko and now it is possible even worse with the "metaphors" it does.

>now it is possible even worse than Kuroko as a whole*

Kuroda's is pretty ridiculous.

anyone got a webm of midousuji's transformation? shit was hilarious

I really liked it