Is there really a need for a fourth movie? Why can't we just leave what happens next up to our imagination?

Is there really a need for a fourth movie? Why can't we just leave what happens next up to our imagination?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fp1I8hcqaYI&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=qdXVOiYEroM
youtube.com/watch?v=0E00Zuayv9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=HFlgNoUsr4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your imagination doesn't give Shaft money.

Because we want to see the suffering as Madoka denies Homura's world, saves her and then enjoy lesbian sex between two godlike beings.

because just imagining mami's massive mamis aren't enough like being able to see them on the big screen, user

How can you be so sure?

Prove it.

Counterfeit Bitcoins

is there actually going to be a fourth movie? i mean i dont like madoka at all but the series resolved itself in a completely reasonable sense, even the third movie felt like a fanservicey cash grab. i hope this fucking bombs and shaft decides not to milk this shit any longer.

I just want QB to have a happy ending.

Theres a poster that looks like a princes tutu knock-off

HOMUSAYA

rebellion's a mess and didn't need to exist but it's an interesting response to the show. if movie 4 synthesizes the two it might be good. if it's sequelbait or canon spin-offs show up it's over

Because that's an incredibly stupid suggestion. I would have laughed out loud if there weren't people sleeping in the next room.

That's like asking why we should have a conclusion to the original series instead of just leaving it on a cliffhanger.

You can't just have a huge change in the series' status quo like with Rebellion and then just not follow up on it. On the narrative ladder, that's only one rung higher than "And then at the final episode, as the good guys stare down the bad guys, a meteor from out of nowhere hits the planet and everyone dies, the end".

Becuase my imagination is shit and doesn't convinve me.

Also more meguca suffering

This has to be the worst pairing no matter how you look at it.

I keep seeing fanart like this of Kriemhild Gretchen and I'm really starting to like the idea of Evil Madoka.

Now I just want to see her get her power and memories back and throw down some divine retribution onto Homura, be it a merciless beat-down or an ironic hell or whatever.

I'm often bored and depressed. I don't really care about maintaining artistic integrity, I just want something to make things interesting and give me life.

Of course Rebellion needed to exist, I could not suspend my disbelief enough to accept a good QB that wouldn't fucking ruin everything if given the tiniest sliver of a chance.

I loved Rebellion as it is but I'll gladly take a 4th movie. If I'm honest this fan trailer got me pretty hyped

youtube.com/watch?v=fp1I8hcqaYI&t=3s

not really, since QB was eternally BTFO'd by madoka's wish. he couldnt make witches or some shit anymore so his plan was fucked and madoka saved everything. im not even sure if he existed after madoka reset the universe.

He did. The series ended with Homura telling Kyubei about the old universe, since she was the only one who remembered it; Madoka's Universe simply provided a less efficient means to Kyubei's ends, so she didn't just forsake the ENTIRE UNIVERSE just to give a few preteens hope.

Of course, Homura fucked it all up because she's a rash, careless dipshit and detailed at length to Kyubei a more efficient way to go about heating the universe, which lead us to Rebellion...

the series treatment of Homura as a character was meh, it leaves too much for the mind of the viewer to figure out.
I feel like there are gaping holes in her characterization as moemura, because the show doesn't expand on why she feels like a worthless piece of shit.

Subconscious feelings of her failure to save Madoka in any timeline manifesting itself as her personality?

Rebellion needed to exist to tie up all the unresolved bits of Homura's character, it's far more jarring to see her not caring much about madoka being essentially erased from existence after having spent so long trying to save her.

Selfish prick who wan't to stop the heatdeath of YOUR universe. Damn Incubators think they are entitled to free energy. GTFO you commie HDW.

No, we need more Mami.

Individuals > The Universe. Fuck retards who want to continue a meaningless thing instead of allowing the people alive now to be happy with the time we have.

Fourth movie? Source?

>Is there really a need for a fourth movie?
*Need*? Not really. But it really could use one.
>Why can't we just leave what happens next up to our imagination?
It's not that we can't, but I'd rather have another movie than not have another movie.

>QB was eternally BTFO'd by madoka's wish.
He really wasn't. Madoka's wish screwed with him to a pretty great extent, but not to the point where he can't do a damned thing.

I dunno, end of TV series Homura seemed more like someone resigned to the fact that they didn't get exactly what they wanted but had to settle for a lesser victory, rather than not caring about Madoka not existing anymore.

That was for the concept movie

There was no need for any of the movies, user.

>Now I just want to see her get her power and memories back and throw down some divine retribution onto Homura, be it a merciless beat-down or an ironic hell or whatever.

No, Homura's fate will be much crueler than that: Madoka will forgive her. Madoka will forgive Homura, and Homura will not be able to bear the guilt of an undeserving person such as herself being forgiven for her sins. In a sense, an ironic hell, but one of her own making.

Now that the third movie has already happened, the floodgates have been opened so Shaft may as well - no, had better take responsibility and address shit such as pic related.

Other (good) reason for a continuation could be that Madoka and Homura both had their 'victories' so to speak, meaning it now is the time for Kyubey's turn. Them conquering the LoC and owning those two (literally, as in the energy from their witches), meeting the energy quota and ending their magical girl business on Earth; not only has been made more palatable with time it would also put the series back on track with a pretty good ending.

Incidentally, it ending like this would also ensure this franchise (or at least its main storyline) to end right there in the next series/movie, with absolutely no chance of being revived yet again in the far future. QB haters be damned.

>liking open ends
Well there's your problem.

Homura has nothing to be forgiven by Madoka. They both have incurred in mistakes of the same nature, meaning that if there is any forgiveness to be asked it is not between the two of them, but to whatever third party there is.

An alternative to forgiveness from whoever would be the two of them being defeated by QB, which the both of them DOES deserve and would also provide a solution for the actual big picture.

>there will never be another anime as epic as Madoka

There's no need to forgive Homura because everything is Madoka's fault anyway. Homura was more than content to die alongside her, or become witches together, but Madoka saved her and selfishly cursed her to unending time loops, knowing full well she would do as she asked, no matter how much she broke.

Madoka is the one that needs to apologize.

>Homura has nothing to be forgiven by Madoka.
That is what Madoka would say, but not what Homura would think or believe.

YuYuYu

remove QB

>YuYuYu

A fourth movie is fine as long as it doesn't give the series an unambiguously happy or tragic ending. The bittersweetness of the show's ending and the moral ambiguity of Rebellion's are key parts of what makes Madoka "Madoka" and the absolute worst thing they could do is take it in a more conventional direction.

Nope, Madoka was perfectly okay with dying against Walpurgis to save Moemutt, which she managed to do. Homura being a selfish prick reversed a situation only she and nobody else had a problem with, and would turn out to be a better ending than the majority of timelines shown (all others except the final one where Madoka also saved the city, but left existence as a result). It still is on Homura.

>Moemutt
Okay, I have no idea how the hell did Moemura turn into this.

the most common bunch of tropes designed to attract bunch of otakus through the checklist for most generic and uninteresting character. a moemutt

We need more MadoKyo scenes in a real movie. Yeah, Apple doesn't say directly what "she" wants, but you know "she" is tsunere and hides "her" true feelings for "Madoka".

>can I copy your homework?

Has a new Madoka movie been announced?

>tsunere
*tsundere!

youtube.com/watch?v=qdXVOiYEroM

There may be one.

N-nine more seasons, Murrrrrpadoka! Now that Sayaka's out of the purrrrrrpicture... I want that Morning Rescue, Madoka! Th-th-that's my endgame, Madoka! Just you and me, Homura and Madoka! We're gonna go on all sorts of crazy adventures! Nine more surrrrrrrpeasons Madoka!

Sure, I copied Kamen Rider's.

>asking that question just three days after April Fool's

lmao

>we have a college student among us
LOL

The money game ridiculous.

fuck off
you shit post in all the madoka threads on /u/ must you do it here too?

I mean, there should probably be payoff for the setup.

The real mistake was adding anything at all.

Because money.

Yes

Hey, Apple! What would Kyoko think about the song?
youtube.com/watch?v=0E00Zuayv9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=HFlgNoUsr4k

Rebellion was awful.

Episode 12 had a perfect ending. If they really want to milk the franchise then I wish they'd tell stories about different characters instead of trying to find new excuses to use the same ones.

She would probably do what I did and try and say it fast. Would probably also accidentally say Penaipple.

You forgot your (You) to me!

>Penaipple
Thats moe, Apple-chan.

Rebellion is very interesting as a non-canon "what if" scenario. Homura's motivations throughout the entire series can be interpreted as extremely selfish. She wants to be Madoka's savior at any cost. Rebellion Homura takes this to the extreme, stealing Madoka's agency so that she can't save herself.

I agree that the tv series has a much more satisfying ending, but Rebellion is a very cool character exploration.

Is that so? Anyway, what I wondered what happened to user that wanted to discuss the concept trailer. He just up and left.

I don't visit /u/.

>155439035
Cry a river Lawnchair. You are the only poster and my only known tripfag that wants (You).

He likely had some errand to do.

That's one way to look at it. Another is that Homura does everything to save Madoka from herself. Less having to be Madoka's saviour and more seeing Madoka as needing to be saved from being the Law of the Cycle.

I think Homura does genuinely want what is best for Madoka, and genuinely believes that being Godoka is not it, but her selfish desire to be with Madoka does colour her actions.

>Cry a river Lawnchair.
If so, it's not Lawnchair any longer, because it is not on grass but in a river.
>You are the only poster and my only known tripfag that wants (You).
No, I am not a tripfag now and I want (You)s form posters I love. Could you give me your (You)s?

He left here. You are boring.

I hope Momo makes an appearance.

Same. Kyoko needs her little sister.

>Is there really a need for a fourth movie?
Yes, the series on its own was concluded and there was no need for any of the movies but we got Rebellion which didn't have any real ending (a proper open ending is a little bit different) so now we need a fourth movie. You can also just drop the franchise altogether, it's not like you have to watch the rest. You can leave it up to your imagination just as you proposed.

Put Yuma in there too. That way Momo, Nagisa and Yuma can have fun with each other.

That will be a very cute thing to watch but we all know that it will never happen. I really would adore a play date between the 3.

QB is the actual hero of Madoka.

God damn incubators.

Don't crush dreams.

Apple-chan. That is never going to happen.

I want to fuck Mami's headless corpse.

This. They're going to scissor so hard they become one being.

Childhood is idolizing Madoka.
Adolescence is thinking Homura makes more sense.
Adulthood is knowing Kyubey makes the most sense.