Look! it's a Rei drawn by Yoshitoshi ABe!

look! it's a Rei drawn by Yoshitoshi ABe!
ABe art thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/abflygm/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's ABe doing these days anyway?

jacking off to incest anime.

Being a father.

Check his twitter.

Isn't he working on that one anime that's been stuck in development hell now that its back in production?

Supposedly.

I hope his kid grows up to draw cute girls doing cute things in the family style.

Kitakami doujin

Well at least he has good taste in boatsluts.

A(Be)suka

Judging from yukaly's instagram, they got another one

I guess he's officially the most virile man in Japan now.

I'm a huge sucker for any of his Haibane Renmei stuff. Easily one of my favorite anime.

Cute.

ABe drawing my waifu. I like it. And just in time for our anniversary.

Retweeting pictures of cameras on twitter

I'm hoping Nakamura's death doesn't turn it into a trainwreck. Do we know who replaced him?

I miss the guy

He's still putting put doujinshi and art books but I can't for the life of me find any scans of his newer stuff. Some of it looks pretty good.

That's the worrying thing. As far as I know, the last news about Despera came from ABe saying that they'd found a new director but this was years ago and there's been no word since about who it is or how the project is coming along.

Nobody. It was a lie. Nobody replaced him and the anime won't be made.

Rei is a fucking hideous toilet.

I reckon they might have been talking to a director and then ABe jumped the gun before the talks fell through.

In any case though, such a long period of time with no news at all is a seriously bad sign.

Making fucking Kancolle doujins instead of anything actually good or interesting

His youtube channel is comfy
youtube.com/user/abflygm/videos

>Nemu at the drums
That way she won't fall asleep ;_;

can't say if this stuff is very comfy or very sad and depressing
I feel all of that

Is that older Rakka?

>"comfy"
Getting some Deepwater Horizon flashbacks here

very atmospheric, for sure

Yes, he plans to do a sequel some day. The christmas cake Rakka drawings are from about a decade ago, so the plot might've evolved quite a bit from then. Here's what he said in 2015:

>"I enjoyed drawing this for the series' Blu-ray release. In other words, I have become more subjective about the Haibane world than when I was working on it in 2002, although I still feel a special warmth while drawing. I still can't start writing a follow-up story of Yomi and Yami (twins) that begins with the departure of Nemu, but I know that I will complete it some day."

>but I know that I will complete it some day.
Now that's a deathflag if I ever saw one

It's definitely bitter-sweet and it pulls it off very well.

What the fuck the anatomy is awful

Delete this

The ABe "comfy" experience

Which would be more dispiriting, ABe eventually dying and leaving stuff unfinished forever, or if things were completed by others who very probably wouldn't get it right?

I mean, may as well get the despair out of the way now either way.

I'd vote the latter.
I can at least deal with the fact that I'm never going to watch Satoshi Kon's Dream Machine because he died and the studio respected him enough to not go through with the project unless they can find an appropriate director to finish it.
I hope they'd not tarnish the reputation.

I love Abe

How is the music in Haibane so good?

Ōtani Kō

>Godzilla
>Shadows of the Colossus
>tons of great anime
Neato

Which Haibane would you hug first?

Reki probably needs it the most.

should i make a twitter account ? people say it's even worse than facebook !it's 2017 and i'm the only person in the world who doesn't have a twitter account

I'd only hug her if she asked for it.

It pisses me off so many artists post their stuff on fucking twitter, shit's hard to find and social media are just annoying in general.

Reiki, followed by Rakka

Shit... now I kind of wish Rakka spent more time with Reiki

Seriously. A well done sequel would be a dream come true for me. I'm hoping we don't end up with another Satoshi Kon.

>A well done sequel would be a dream come true for me
For all of us, user

Gonna buck the trend and say Nemu. She seems fluffiest, and more importantly she really deserves some god damn recognition.

I really like the guy's designs

You and everybody else.

Let me feel special

If you don't know anything about anatomy you shouldn't talk as if you do, because you end up looking like an idiot.

does every ABe girl look the same?
you're special user
in some other regard tho

The main characters tend to have quite similar faces, but the other characters within each piece differ from that.

Is there a mega link for the whole soundtrack?

dunnow about mega, but you can easily find it on nyaa

Who is the girl wearing a tie?

muh

Man is a god of character design. Needs to start working again.

>Bluescreen
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

It doesn't need to be that at all. Just having a director means nothing. You need to convince companies to actually invest in it and that you will make money after that. Probably hard to do on an ABe show in this day and age. SEL was made around the time when Evangelion had just been a huge hit and DEEP shows like that seemed profitable things change a lot.

Its a pity that era might not come again

This, he mentioned in Acen 2014 that all of his anime projects had been axed by studios, including a 5 min long cgi Ryushika one, and that he'd next try to convince a producer to turn the novel he was writing (Pachel no Daimajo) into anime.

I didn't get my hopes up after the 2015 news that Despera had a new director, as it mentioned nothing about any studio being committed to the project.

Yeah it did look like they were banking pretty hard on marketing it as a product of the Lain dream team. With that gone they're probably worried about how they'd market it.

I wish I owned a shirt with HR art on it

Your only option is to have your body become an intricate Haibane tattoo mural and walk around shirtless

Same.

>Ryushika short anime axed
Fuck, I'm mad. And since it's over there's no longer any chance of it seeing the light of day.

Jojo took two decades to get a proper anime adaptation.

Never give up hope

ABe is cute.

>take any anime character
>have her drawn by ABe
>instantly becomes 10x more attractive

Really? Including Phenomeno?
Phenomeno seems like something that will catch fire the mainstream crowd and has nitro+ backing as well.

I want aBe to improve Haruhi.

Was it going to get an anime adaptation?
All I know about is the light novel and VN.

Rei is retarded

Agreed

Why isn't he more active in the animation industry? Retired, lazy, freelance but no longer in demand?

it's (obviously not only but at least a fair bit) because people seem to prefer kyoani and related stuff, or funny, light hearted, kinda meaningless, possibly/somewhat ecchi stuff, see maidragon and konosuba
how do you think people will react seeing something in the style of pic related in this day and age?
tl;dr japs have shit taste

People don't like cute girls doing despair things like questioning their existence and stuff

>He drew this for some Japan-only iPhone game
I know he draws a lot of fantasy-things and has already done a lot of mechanical designs, but I want an ABe space opera.

Is that your own copy?

Post moar pls.

>wake up
>thread still alive
thank you, I guess

It think it was in the Haibane Renmei extra stuff he talks about doing space opera stuff. He decided on HR because he thought that spaceships broadsiding each other wasn't as interesting.

Yeah. Like the file name says I don't know if there are any scans of Lightness floating around so I took a pic. Here's the opposite page.
>Camera was being a pain in the ass and kept refusing to focus
>Today had to be the day that the battery died, and I can't for the life of me find its charger
I snapped a few really shitty pics with my phone though.

That's pretty neat to learn. I'd really like to see any sketches he did for those concepts, though.

>Camera was being a pain in the ass and kept refusing to focus, which made it take ages just to take a pic
>Today had to be the day the battery finally died, and I can't for the life of me find the charger
>I just can't take a decent pic of the book with my phone
Last image because of all that. It's the best of bunch I took with my phone, but it still looks like garbage.

If you ever get the chance, i'd love for you to take photos of the entire book.

I dont think it's scanned either.