Baki Dou 152

MUSASHI IS CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED TO KEEP GOING FAST

those are some fucked anatomy

you're not consistent enough like sakurafish
step your shit up or stop

hajimaru zo
NEETin' E-cheer-oo

end scene

So how many more months of Musashi being the worst part of Baki? Because the arcs been doing nothing but be shit since Motobe won.

I'm gonna give Itagaki like 4 more chapters before getting legitimately pissed
If he's going somewhere with this, it should be ending soon; if he's not, we'll probably know by then

He needs to slowly build it up since several characters will die just like retsu did.
This is needed to cleanse the cast.

Would you have the entire cast changed? How, and who?

The thing is that we don't NEED it to go anywhere. Everything post Motobe has been awful. Motobe should have killed him and we should have moved onto new pastures with Baki being IMMENSELY blue balled with his new crush being dismantled and Yujiro still immensely pissed that Memetobe stopped the only non-Hanma who actually harmed him from fighting.

I really REALLY need Musashi to fuck off. My martial arts dose is running on empty with Baki being completely dry and having to run off Baki lite and Minoru alone.

Sigh.
So fucking stupid.
Even Youjiro only ambushed/assaulted small groups of armed enemies.
Whats happening here is akin to fighting with dozen of tanks in a field.
Tanks would never lose.
Now if this was happening in a BUILDING, that would be believable.
Why couldn't that be?
Because Itagaki is a retard.

Baki the Grappler got a new translated chapter recently~

No, it didn't. One of us put it on *Batoto* recently. That chapter's been out for like 2 weeks.

o-oh, sorry

Wasn't trying to be rude, just meant that you could have read it sooner. If I tell you that it was out somewhere else first, then you'll be able to read the future chapters sooner.

On that note, I'm gonna try to get more Grappler stuff done while we wait for infinite Dou redraws. Can't guarantee much, but I promise that I'll try.

If it goes past Dou, it'll be good to lighten the cast for more characters.
I see doppo, shibukawa, strydom, oliva, gaia as potential targets.

I can't muster a comment this week so here's a reaction image

I just can't bear this shit anymore.
What the actual fuck

We've long entered superhuman power levels.

The cast has always been fluid anyway. The fact that the first main group death was this chapter is probably my biggest gripe. Especially since all we've had prior to this recent series is Yujiro is a murder hobo who actively enjoys killing fighters and all we've seen is the polar opposite aside from 'oh this guys a boxer who yujiro happened to see'.

It's the same as Motobe not killing Musashi despite his entire dogma was 'I'll protect the fighters from him' and the only logical path with Musashi's mindset was killing him.

>fucked up elephant who was in turn decimating tanks
>Yuujiro only assaulted small groups
There's Baki manga beyond Grappler, gramps

>We're still in the Musashi Namek arc

Make it stop

I like how Musashi isn't bullshitting around, really nice to see how he acts like a man of his time.

Why is the art so weird?

25 years of stylin'

it might be because more of a sword guy than a martial arts guy but im enjoying these pages, and itagaki's depiction of Musashi's bushido (though its as stylized as his art)

itagaki DOES draw some very beautiful cuts in this arc. More intense than any pure sword fighting manga out there. They manga to capture Yujiro's absurd physicality and grace, but with a sword.

It hits home about how insane of a person you have to be to be survive in the beginning of the Edo period as a swordmaster. The morals and ethics of a that day are alien to us now. Think thats why Musashi is depicted so weirdly. He is basically from another planet.

Think we'll get an Oliva fight in Baki Dou?

Seems Itagaki is choking on Musashi's dick too much to even remember Oliva.

Everybody else has had one, so why not. I'd be glad if Musashi killed him.

>fighting someone in the night
>no one has a light brighter than a 60W lightbulb

what were they thinking

*vomits*

I don't understand.

The funny thing is Baki Dou's Musashi is closer in mindset to the historical Musashi than Vagabond's.

>I'd be glad if Musashi killed him.
Get out

With Oliva winning, of course. His fight with not-Che Guevara was pretty great

>Sigh.
Fuck off, retard.

this shot is cool as fuck.

Two sides of the same person, and both are needed to fulfill the "myth" of the perfect warrior.

They had helicopters when the fight started.

shhhh don't talk like that here, people love to think that itagaki is a retard that does not put any thought in what he has been doing for 25 years.

I'm still awaiting for the shot of Musashi cutting one in two.
We saw in Tough part 1 a man doing a surplex to a helicopter so... why the fuck not?

People complain about Itagaki because this is the worst arc in pacing, fights and writing so far, because he wants to wank Musashi and hype him at insane levels just to prove points he's already proven months ago, all the shit he's doing now is redundant and made only to draw Musashi being cool while shitting on the rest of the cast who've been around since literal decades.
People have the right to be mad.

I'm enjoying it. A lot. But I still find mildly annoying that Itagaki was very insistent on part 1 and 2 to render any kind of weapon useless in front of the Baki cast.

I guess he wanted to spice up the peace, but still... meh.

Don't you think that would be a bit too mundane, though? Everyone keeps calling on Itagaki to have Musashi cut a helicopter in half, and have been since even before these current helicopters showed up - it's the most obvious thing to do. For that reason, I think that Itagaki is going to surprise us by having it be something else. It won't necessarily be a welcome surprise, but it will certainly be *a* surprise.

Think about it like this: when has anybody been able to accurately predict what would happen next in Dou, so far? It's almost like Itagaki's going out of his way to subvert the expectations of the readers.

>when has anybody been able to accurately predict what would happen next in Dou, so far?

me to an extent?

>I guess he wanted to spice up the peace ...
The reality of why Musashi uses swords is actually a little different from that. It's in an interview somewhere, from the 25th Celebration issue - Itagaki explains that, essentially, he felt that the series lacked visual tension without the sword. He had, initially, intended for Musashi to always use hands-mode. But hands don't look threatening in the way that a sword does - they don't properly convey the scale of the threat.

Itagaki references some obscure parable wherein a famous archer, who was known to shoot down birds, ceases to be fearsome because of what he does and becomes fearsome because of what he is capable of doing; thereby, he never draws his bow and stops understanding the nature of his own art. It's confusing as hell, I'll have to find it. And the original story, if I want to really understand his point, actually..

But regarding the helicopter thing, yeah, I think if Itagaki does not make Musashi chop a chopper some people will accuse him of some blue balling, but I can see why he wouldn't do it as well.

I'm still waiting to see what will Musashi cut with his perfect technique of the empty hand, because after trying it on Yujiro/Motobe we haven't seen him trying to use it.

If you're Danny - I was, in all seriousness, super-close to saying "danny can't reply" in that post, but took it out because I didn't think you'd call me on it.

I'm predicting he's still under the bridge with hebe and this is one long imagination murder spree in his head

You know it's almost always us two who keep the Baki threads alive mate.

The pacing is pretty good though. When you read one chapter after another they flow very quickly and smoothly.

b-but muh katana folded 10^34 times
seriously the samurai wank in this manga is shameless

>Musashi is imagining the murderers under the bridge.
>The real cops die elsewhere wherever they are because of the power of imaginary miso soup.

I'd love it honestly.

because the latest chapters have been so boring

I liked how Itagaki got to the ultimate consequences of the "prediction" and "behind you" tropes of most fighting mangas with this, it was brilliant.

And then he introduces Musashi that can destroy this rule, I wonder if this will be ever relevant again.

>Heebs fired first
>Musashi is in the point in time wherein the bullet is traveling at his head
>An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge
>Bridge
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

How can Musashi hurt Yujirou with a katana though? I thought Yujirou can tank ICBM and nuclear warhead?

why do you assume a ICBM or a Nuclear explosion are stronger than Musashi's cuts?

It's pretty evident this is a whole setup for forcing the cast to kill Musashi now that he's gone full murderhobo, then Baki and the others will make a somewhat deep comment at the end of the arc about Musashi, the nature of fighting and whatever bullshit Itagaki wants to put in for the sake of his cheap philosophy.
Musashi is confirmed to be an ancient bipedal nuclear insect velociraptor who can dual wield imaginary swords, nukes are small time.

Is Yujiro strong enough to break the 4th wall and come to the real world but choosing not to do it because we are all puss weak in here and he'd be even more bored?

> forcing the cast to kill Musashi

I still maintain that he won't be killed, he'd just learn that he cannot obtain the fame and recognition he so craves by being a murderer, modern society will just ignore him and leave him aside. There won't be any need to kill him, just convince him to become a youtuber or some shit.

Remember baki threads are noting without people how don't read the manga or don't know nothing about combat go here and shitposting all the time

>just convince him to become a youtuber or some shit
now that would be great
and he could start writing self-help books, according to his 'Way'
>The Two Swords of Success: Day-Trade Your Way Out Of Debt

Off to sleep, keep the thread safe lads, see you next week or in the next Baki thread if some happens before that.

Found the Itagaki quote that I was looking for. Translation is fairly accurate; the bits at the end about 'real war' and 'high-level characters' are made-up, but the rest is right.

If anybody can recognize and tell me what legend/story to which Itagaki herein refers, I would be eternally grateful. I've done my fair share of digging in the past, and came up empty-handed.

DOPPO BEST BAKI

Oh fuck.

Wait, does anybody remember why musashi is even fighting the police in the first place?

They started it. Musashi is just kinda chilling.

Well in GTA if you want to have some fun you just cause some uproar, attack the police, and then the fun just keeps coming to you until you've had your fill.

>setup for forcing the cast to kill Musashi

Not before musashi kills some of them first, baki already had his realization that they were treating this like a game, musashi now brings the life and death edge back.

I wonder where this will go after dou
>more ancient warriors revived
>the bloodlines that rivals hanma
>super terminator robots, cyborgs
>aliens

this guys fucking thinking is like 20 levels above mere mortals

Well, he is right.

Did anybody actually feel any palpable tension during Musashi vs Pickle in the duralumin room? It just seemed silly, with Musashi thwacking Pickle on the leg and shit.

Guys did you know that Musashi is strong?

Explain

>jobbing to memetobe
>strong

>Human Nunchucks
I still hate that BtG brings up plot elements and drops them just as fast, but this one was fun.

>Next chapter: Musashi kills even more cops.
Not even joking, that's what I actually expect.

Is Itagaki retarded now? How many chapters in a row of Musashi cutting down cops in slightly different scenarios does he think are interesting to read?

OH FUCK HE HAS DRAWN THE SECOND BLADE.

The Real Musashi begins

At this point Kengan Ashura is more Baki than this. Musashi is easily the lowest point of the series, and I didn't think anything could possibly be worse than Pickles.

I'm curious if that means that he considers the cops more of a threat than most of the fighters, or if he's simply planning on speeding up his killing.

I don't know how any of you guys can take Baki seriously because Itagaki has demonstrated to me over the years that he literally always ends shit in the most anticlimactic way and has the dumbest resolutions to the best setups.

>Escaped prisoners arc
>He basically had no idea what to do with half of them
>Chinese arc
>That retarded Yujiro vs. Kaku fight where Yujiro won but lost but won but lost
>Half the fights were skipped over
>Muhammad Ali Jr.
>All that buildup to have it end in 1 punch
>Pickle
>fullretard.jpg

And now this shit with Memetobe, literally the most boring, nonsense character in the entire series.I mean where does it stop?

>That retarded Yujiro vs. Kaku fight where Yujiro won but lost but won but lost
Fuck you, that fight was awesome. I agree on the rest, except Pickle

There was also the prison arc where Baki is getting clowned by full power Oliva but then he wins because he just punches harder. And all the Che Guevara wanking that led to nothing and was completely pointless.

Or that whole mind fight between Baki and Yujiro that was just a huge wank.

Nothing about Pickle was good.