CHRISTIANITY

is it true?

Other urls found in this thread:

impantokratoros.gr
impantokratoros.gr/gerontas-paisios-axorkismoi.el.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you'll find out soon, apocalypse at hand

why would it be close? We're looking at another several billion years before the sun goes out

the prophecies in the bible. old scriptures foretold jesus, and revelation is coming true now

>pic related, best version

After Vaticanum II "Catholic" Church became Whore of Babilon prophecised in Revelation 17, great apostasy as in 2 Thessalonians 2 already happened and so on.
But we will never know the date with certainty for it will come as thief, unexpected and uninvited.

>Da Jesus Book
Seems infallible to me.

You'll know when you die.

>LGBT
do you not fear hell?
the catholic was always pagan to begin with, big hats, earthly wealth, the Cronos cult two-finger sign, man's doctrine overriding bible...

It was the Whore of Babylon long before Vatican II, I hate to break it to you.

Christ answers more of my deep questions that science has.

such as ?

I can't find a way to believe in christianity even though the bible is a fascinating book, even st paul says that if Jesus' bodily resurrection didn't happen then the entire faith is useless. And if you believe in that magic trick, then you might as well believe all the other magic tricks as well (splitting red sea, water to wine, etc.)

Suppose I tell you that there is a unicorn on the moon. Both of us are ignorant on whether or not there is a unicorn on the moon. But the fact remains that a man's guess on matters like this is very improbable. So no, Christianity, in its complexity, doesn't stand a chance being the least bit probable.

Nice straw man.

Hell, no, isn't Satan the opposite of God? I think Satan will be supportive, so I will take refuge in Hell.There's probably a big LGBT community down there.

>strawman

Oh so you do know the truth about the unicorn on the moon? Wonderful, an astronaut!

The universe creation concept is the Trinity, it goes back to qualifying unqualified absolution. The Infinite center and first source. Science can't get past a few seconds after the big bang.

Science explicitly denies the spirit, but most people get goosebumps at beautiful parts of songs or tingle when they see their sports teams play. Science will say it's just chemical reactions, but won't identify which, just endorphins.

Where are memories stored?
What created a conscious?
Where is my mind?

Christ hung out with prostitutes while the establishment condemned them to death by stoning.
Jesus will love you regardless, it's man's religious traditions that judge you. I love you and I know God and Jesus do too.

None of the world religions are true. NONE.

All the disciples went abroad to convert people, and all died painful deaths for that except Jean. That's a powerful faith they had, and no other people from other religions have come close to such selfless, ardent sacrifices. They knew. They saw. False religions and sect gourous send lower, gullible people out as sacrifices. Not Christianity.

>Not being a Jehovah's Witness

>isn't Satan the opposite of God?
No, in christian mythology Satan is a creation of god and has no power to rebel against god, but rather god lets Satan do evil (like a mad dog released on house invaders)

>Where are memories stored?
Probably in the very fibers of your brain
>What created a conscious?
Consciousness or conscience?
The answer to both is evolution
>Where is my mind?
Where is the mind of a jellyfish?

It is true 1000%, I thought Jesus was a guru, a "Master", like Buddha, and that truth lies in the far East, but being Greek I got to see videotapes of Orthodox exorcisms. Remember this.

So Christ is Logos, this doesn't exist in false religions because the logos is truth and spiritual correctness, with 0 lies in it, no hidden secrets, no pilpul explications no nothing, just the truth.

>yes, Christ is true, first and foremost

Now about exorcisms, demons can't stand to hear Christ's name. They get the hell out. That's when I became really an Orthodox Christian. After my 30ies.

Jews, Muslims and most of other Christians have no Logos, and therefore Christ is not with them. Pity but so be it, they are pawn of the archenemy serpent.

Even if it's not, you should still probably keep attached to it. Religion is very important to a society and its culture. Helps keep a moral standard.

That's wrong, you are condemning people to eternal fire by spreading such lies. And you yourself will be judged for that.

The Christ ordered the prostitutes to fix their ways.

Hail Jesus, Hail Hitler

nah

they were babylonians trying to cash in on a hebrew salvation, no one else gets that salvation and many will try anyway.

>it's man's religious traditions that judge you
from new testament:
"God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error."

do you believe in the magic tricks of the new testament? Water to wine? healing lepers? raising lazarus? the bodily resurrection of jesus?

>being a jehovah's witness

> but being Greek I got to see videotapes of Orthodox exorcisms
Can u link ?

>no pilpul explications no nothing, just the truth.
So all the physical magic tricks in the new testament actually happened in human history?

I don't judge what is true or untrue based on how well it fits my earthly desires

(((Christianity))) came to Rome as a cult, right after Rome btfo of (((pompeii))). Then all the temples were burned in the great fire of Rome right after EXCEPT THE JEWISH TEMPLES. They tried to blame Nero but he and the romans fed the true (((culprits))) to the lions. He even kicked his wife to death after he found out that she was deflecting his investigations into the (((Christian))) cult leaders involvement. Christianity in Rome was proto-Bolshevism. Look it up

It's even worse.
To use your example, imagine I told you that there's a unicorn on the moon, but also that there is no life on the moon at all. Yet obviously, unicorns are supposed to be living things, in which case those two statements cannot be true at the same time.

The same holds true for many claims of christianity. To name the two most obvious:

1a god is benevolent
1b god is almighty
1c there is suffering

2a god is good
2b humans are made in god's image
2c humans are bad and need to be redeemed

As soon as you acknowledge there is one God, creator of everything, then miracles are completely within his powers of course. I don't think it's important to discuss which one happened and which one didn't, as we cannot know for sure. But the resurrection of the Christ? I believe in it, I cannot see any other reason his disciples would all go abroad and risk death for years until they really died painful deaths. It's not something humans do, they must have had the holy spirit with them, to dedicate their lives in such ways.

This is something that really does bother me - if god made the earth perfect and we have a perfect soul, then isn't any act of trying to improve the world inherently luciferian? If you as a human make a judgement that something is ugly and should be fixed, isn't that rebeling against god's natural order?

>which one happened and which one didn't
You saying some of them DIDN'T happen is an acknowledgement that there are lies in the bible.

This is the problem for non-Orthodox, you need many years of bible study to get the meaning, whereas there are still Holy Saints in Orthodoxy. And I don't mean a "mystic" rabbi like Jews call some of their teachers, but a hardcore miracle saints, the are up on Mount Athos and anybody can go see them.

How can you believe in miracles if you've never seen one ? Sad but true.

Satan is a faggot himself, he also hates all mankind and tries make them empty destroyed husks. Stay away from garbage false faggotry please.

Of course not. If you even have to ask "is imaginary nonsense real" you're already fucking stupid.
Ya'll dumb niggers have been pushing this shit for centuries. It's always "oh, yeah it's coming soon, be ready" but it never does and it never will.

Do you want it to be true?

as an atheist, i think so, yes.

>Where are memories stored?
>What created a conscious?
>Where is my mind?
The brain, dumbass. Stop wit this 999 bullshit. YOu could say "what if, like, the brain is like a computer monitor and the real consciousness is stored somewhere else" but since there's nothing to substantiate this idea it's meaningless.

>the are up on Mount Athos and anybody can go see them.
There would be constant coming out if this were true I'm afraid. You suffer from a lack of critical thinking - if they could invoke supernatural magic on will then they would do it constantly, and invite scientists to come over and see it for themselves.

Yes, but I don't think it is.

yes

The million dollar question:

Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test: Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God’s name in vain? Jesus said,
“Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”
If you have done these things, God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart,
and the Bible warns that one day God will punish you in a terrible place called Hell.
But God is not willing that any should perish. Sinners broke God’s Law and Jesus paid their fine.
This means that God can legally dismiss their case:
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Then Jesus rose from the dead, defeating death. Today, repent and trust Jesus, and God will give you eternal life as a free gift.
Then read the Bible daily and obey it. God will never fail you.

constant VIDEOS* coming out

>How can you believe in miracles if you've never seen one?

Did you mistake me for a religious person?

You being a Greek is the only reason you're advocating for Orthodox Christianity. If you were born in a Catholic family you'd advocate for Catholicism, if you were born in a protestant family you'd advocate for whatever derivative prot you happen to be. You can't even prove we have free will.

this is all stuff within the christian framework that assumes that hebrew laws are what we are judged by. This isn't a convincing argument for whether that framework itself is valid.
>Sinners broke God’s Law and Jesus paid their fine.
Why would god create a punishment for breaking the law if he wants EVEYRONE to be saved from that punishment anyway?
>Then read the Bible daily and obey it. God will never fail you.
Why does it fail so many christians all around the world that live awful lives regardless of their faith?

>I cannot see any other reason his disciples would all go abroad and risk death for years until they really died painful deaths.
Why do we post racist frogs accepting that we can be put on a list and taken down immediately once we get successful? All religions are just memes and the disciples went irl shitposting because there is literally no unanimously accepted way of living life. You do whatever the fuck you want, you can even believe in a god with multiple peronality disorder, one of which is racist and loves Jews, and get crucified for it.

You answered nothing.

I agree evolution created the superanimal capable of mind, however jellyfish has no mind, it does not dwell on an accidental swim into its family. It does not appear to care for its ancestors.

Because of debauchery, all sins are equal, and judging your brothers is a sin.

He was materialized. They opened the tomb and he was gone, unless he resserected, opened the tomb, and shut it behind him.

He died, moved to heaven, took his throne of the universe sovereign then returned to earth to give blessings. Then returned to heaven and released pentecost bestowal.

How do thoughts work? Where is my creative powers? Which chemicals? Don't say the brain, I'm sick of this 'it's too smart to be specific' crap.

For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

I went to mount Athos, the energy is really strong there.

Speculation isn't the answer. Even if you prove that the creationist theory is correct, you have no way of knowing that we were created by the exact same God that us christians worship. I mean all the other religions have their own versions of the creationist theory.

>the energy is really strong there

>however jellyfish has no mind
they have a primitive consciousness.
What about a fly? A beetle? They have low-resolution consciousnesses as well.

>all sins are equal
What?????? Are you saying murder and lusting for a woman in your heart are equal?
>judging your brothers is a sin.
John 7:24
"Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”

Look for ron wyatt in youtube
To learn the truth

Do you recognize Christ ? No, therefore more lies.
That' just because you are very ignorant of larger matters than your bubble.
Jews get total death for many reasons, it has nothing to do with the past, since before Christ there was no Christ.

>link? : I saw it on VHS.
>So all the physical magic tricks in the new testament actually happened in human history?
They happen still, but not outside the will of God.

>you have a mind that usually lies and free will, man can ruin and it's up to him to repent and not act like the reptile.

This has happened several times, and on a scale much grander than you can imagine, Athos awaits you.

No I was born in a Theosophist family (satanic new age crap) I assumed my Orthodoxy much later. However what you say is true and I was just lucky to have it near.

Kek is a demon.

Glad you did, I've had several people tell me incredible stories with the monks on the mountain, and I don't mean holocauster rides.

You as an Israeli, if you're religious, are as cursed as a Muslim or Papist, pawns of hell.

No lies. I acknowledge there might be some mistranslations, some bad copying or whatever, which is different. But again, all miracles are plausible for an omnipotent being.

I don't think the earth is perfect, as obviously some things are bad and some are good. We as humans can use our logos to determine and act on that. By definition sinning is about failing this test of right and wrong, good and bad. God specifically asked us to work the fields and make use of natural resources as we see fit.

>
>Why would god create a punishment for breaking the law if he wants EVEYRONE to be saved from that punishment anyway?

Completely agree. The other user must be a degenerate protestant... God is loving but also cannot accept evil souls to his side. The Christ himself asked us to prepare ourselves and avoid sins if we want to be saved. Mortal sins are a thing, and for a confession to be valid one has to regret his wrongdoings. Too often I am reading protestant cucks saying you can do anything and be saved just because you have a picture of muh jebus in your bedroom.

> (You)
>
>Because of debauchery, all sins are equal, and judging your brothers is a sin.

All sins are equal? Watching some thicc ass is the same as killing kids with a flamethrower? I as well as every other human with a brain and the capacity to distinguish good from evil am judging you now, in order to help you fix your ways and hopefully enter the grace of God.

All valuable pieces of art have the emotions of lots of people attached to them, so that, when viewing them, you are compelled to feel the same way. It's a matter of definition, because if you don't feel what you're supposed to feel, you saw the means through which the art was expressed, not the art.

No.

>God is loving but also cannot accept evil souls to his side
This here is very true, God is full pure, and only accepts purity in His presence, unlike Christ who was and is a redeemer, in the flesh.

Yes. A Tree Is Known by Its Fruit

In case of Jesus, you can also know him by his enemies.

Yes, friend. Time to search before you judge.

So yes OP, Christianity is true.
>I' m proddie/cath/ orthodox with bad priest,vwhat do ?
Just read the early Church fathers and the lives of the saints, they explain the bible and our Trinity much better than any denominational priest by profession, even orthodox ones..

>get a monk if needed

>They happen still, but not outside the will of God.
And let me guess, god only wills those miracles when they aren't videotaped and when there's nobody around that could confirm them to be real miracles?

>This has happened several times
link to video or eyewitness account

>I don't think the earth is perfect, as obviously some things are bad and some are good.
This is the thing - why would god as a perfect being create an imperfect world? Why would he want for us to make it into something else, why not just do it himself?
>Completely agree. The other user must be a degenerate protestant..
No I mean the whole system is completely confusing - if god designed the system to be such that if you break the law you are punished, why would he then ruin his entire system by letting your transgressions be nullified just like that? Repentance isn't a big step either.

>So yes OP, Christianity is true.
I'm not very convinced, the entire system just isn't coherent. The idea that the material world NEEDS to be transformed into something other than what god made it seems to contradict all the biblical doctrine.

>implying humanity just "happened"

get an education fuckwit

No, outside the will of God means something else, the Athonite Elders only work to serve the will of God they have no want or pride, those who achieve this sacrifice break all laws of the universe. Which is very interesting.

>link to eyewitness/ video they don' t exist in non Greek/Russian but me some to do a quick lookup.
You want to see to ha ha. I know.

Why imperfect, you need raise your level to where God is or else you go to "hell" and me too and almost everyone unless spared by the grace of the Lord.

>repentance is crucial because at least you understood something was wrong.

>material world transformed & contradiction
It is not the material that counts, its ones purity to say it quick, the deal is to be with mercy, like our Lord. What needs attention with the material world is that it does not fall under command and control of evil people who corner what you can become.

>the will of God
you keep saying this. I do not think it means what you think it means

There's a great deal of Truth in it, much of it utterly vital to Western Civilisation. However, it's not the only exclusive window on Truth, despite its oft-repeated claims. Be suitably reverential, humour those who require it, but never let anyone scare you into accepting something that ought to be convincing purely in and of itself.

It just means to carry Logos

what?

It just means to not be a liar, Christ is Logos because He only spoke the truth, and so can you, theoretically.

Use google translate on this link, it's from a Elder (an old monk) that did supernatural deeds, about exorcism (he is now Saint Paisios)

impantokratoros.gr

Sorry I mean here : impantokratoros.gr/gerontas-paisios-axorkismoi.el.aspx

You are asserting that there are multiple first sources. On what grounds? On what logic?

Greater or lesser in harm, but still equal until you can reach atonement. Some sins are much harder to atone for, some people can never atone at all.

God did not destroy lucifer immediately because he wanted him to come to mercy. He was guilty of the most heinous, Satan too. Their sins were great, and they could not overcome the mercy atonement.

You seem to think that mortal death is the end. The only thing necessary to survive this realm is a belief in the kingdom of God. Those people who were treated so poorly by Evil characters will have a special understanding. I'm not trying to justify the bad behavior, and I pray for adjudication of all corrupted people.
The world needs a good disclosure. We need to return to spirituality and embrace our personal religions of self improvement, all secularism has given us is debauchery.

The saying of 'you don't need religion to have morals' while true, does not seem to actualize in the real world.

I fully believe that my initiation into the faith was absolutely beyond my control.

>Fedora for nearly two decades
>Feel pull towards Christianity
>Have to accept Jesus Christ, cannot ignore
>Still have doubts, but cannot question the gravity with which I seem to be pulled towards God
>Now pray for faith on a daily basis.

He is truly mysterious. Kyrie elaison!

>6“God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva.
John 3:16

>If one guy make sex wit anodda guy jalike he make sex wit one wahine, az pilau dat. You guys gotta kill dem. Da two a dem, get da blame fo wat dey do
Fags BTFO

It's true. All of it.

17 You know, God neva send me, his Boy, inside da world fo punish da peopo. He wen send me fo take da peopo outa da bad kine stuff dey doing.

You mind not quoting pingin bible, it's silly.

*blocks your fedora*

You mean messianic Platonism?

depends on what you mean by "true"

I think it is very valuable whether it is true or not doesn't change the semantics of it in my opinion

Nope. Jesus was a false apocalyptic prophet, as recorded in the gospels themselves. 2000 years later and none of these things have come to pass:

>Mark 13:30 (shortly after describing the apocalypse and “the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory”)
“Truly I tell you, this generationwill certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.”

>Matthew 10:23
“When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.”

>Luke 9:27
“Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”

Only Jews deny the Logos, and Muslims who demote it, because their understanding is wrong.

You forget Christ's Resurrection which fulfills all 3.

Christianity is just a replicate+subjugate script.
>mfw edgy 12 year old me was right all along.

Live life as though your ancestors are looking down on you. Real simple.

Most theists don’t view their religion simply as an outlet for spirtitual needs but as a true worldview that has to be defended. I have no problem with religion being used purely for cultural and spiritual reasons but when people start making claims to universal truth and dogmatism that’s where I draw the line

Can you prove your baseless statement ?

No, and its all over YouTube exactly where the Jews got all the ideas from pre-existing (mostly Egyptian) stories.

Case closed. But maybe the EGYPTIAN stories are true. :)

Its called PLAGIARISM.

If the plagiarism is put forth as "real true story" with diff names and locations we know its a lie, but the SOURCE MATERIAL for the fraud might have been either fiction or non-fiction.

this world doesnt seem like it spawned with us in mind, most of the history of living things on this planet has been suffering from cradle to grave, with millions of years of evolution of a species/bloodline ending in arbitrary and hopeless extinction

>the Athonite Elders only work to serve the will of God they have no want or pride, those who achieve this sacrifice break all laws of the universe
so in other words, it only happened if you believe that it happened, but it can never be confirmed because any time anyone would inspect it, god magically doesnt want to do it that time. Awfully convenient isn't it? Almost like these powers don't even exist and only people who already believe claim things about them

>What needs attention with the material world is that it does not fall under command and control of evil people who corner what you can become.
This implies a "become", as if there is some ideal outside of bible-sanctified behaviour that you're supposed to achieve. This is purely luciferian rhetoric - if the bible contains everything about life that needs to be known, yo should never aspire to do or become anything other than what is explained in the bible.

>depends on what you mean by "true"
This is dodgy jordan peterson-esque word games. Everyone knows what "true means" - if there exists an ACTUAL god, an ACTUAL heaven, ACTUAL hell and these aren't just metaphors for aspects of our physical experience

>I have no problem with religion being used purely for cultural and spiritual reasons but when people start making claims to universal truth and dogmatism that’s where I draw the line
Then what you're saying is that those spiritual claims are patently untrue, and that it has no authority to warrant any kind of real-world action. This is zero steps removed from atheism

I obviously don't believe the Biblical account of the resurrection, but let's suppose that it is true, for the sake of argument. These predictions of "the coming of the Son of Man" or "the coming of the Kingdom of God" are definitely not a reference to the resurrection. We can prove this because in Mark 13:32, Jesus says
>“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Whereas, when speaking about his own resurrection, Jesus clearly /does/ know the exact day that it will happen. See for example Matthew 16:21.
>From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.
Note here that he specifies the third day, meaning that, unlike the coming of the Son of Man, Jesus knew the day.

>This is dodgy jordan peterson-esque word games

you got me desu
so yes, it's even close to true
all of the mysticism and magic is kind schizo thinking but the semantics of it are very interesting and I value peterson's perspective and his ability to pull out the truth from all the floral details

*not even close to true

No, trust me I have a fedora

I’m not denying that spiritualism has value, I just don’t believe Christianity has a monopoly on it. The bible itself is full of contradictions and the church has done more doctrinal flipflops than can be counted, so I don’t think any rational person could take their authority seriously.

I'll say one thing about Catholic Church and their Shroud of Turin......

they were perfectly willing to submit it to skeptical scientific testing, and Let the Chips Fall Where They May. If its 2000yrs old, then who knows, if its a few hundred years short of 31AD then they figure "OK, we still got a very early artifact, like an old painting".

Contrast with how any such testing by skeptics of an Holohoax stuff is outlawed with full force of Govt and Police in all nations, and how not a single "Hebrew" anything is allowed to be tested.

At least The Church is interested in the truth.

obviously not, but its moral principles make for a good culture, so we should practise it regardless

>But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father
it's talking about the 2nd coming / rapture, not the first coming

he's a disaffected 60's egalitarian who doesn't want to let go of christianity despite subscribing to all the tenets of the antichrist humanism that he submits to. Watch the interviews where he's asked "do you believe in the bodily resurrection?" and he says "Uhhhhhh i dont know, i cant answer that at this time", because obviously he doesn't, but if he doesn't then the entire house of cards falls apart because st paul clearly stated that if the BODILY resurrection didn't happen, in reality, in our history, then the entire faith is a waste of time

If the principles are defensible without divine authority on the basis of them having a positive effect, then there doesn't need to be any lip service paid to the scriptures at all.

You are wrong brother, no cases closed, read the thread it has been addressed.

>awfully convenient/ it doesn't exist
Go to Athos see for yourself, there's just 1 way

>This implies become
Well you need get rid of sins, right ?

Yes well, it's not that hard, because it's about the second coming versus the resurrection.

>it has been addressed.
where?

>Go to Athos see for yourself, there's just 1 way
If you could just show up and ask for them to perform a miracle, it would have happened to someone who took a video of it.

>Well you need get rid of sins, right ?
If getting rid of your sins is the "becoming", then the ultimate christian life is in a remote cave where you never do anything and your worst sin is a bad thought. Aspiring for something OTHER than this has to be by biblical standards "evil" and "luciferian", since you're aspiring for something that's outside of god's will

>it's talking about the 2nd coming / rapture, not the first coming
>Yes well, it's not that hard, because it's about the second coming versus the resurrection.

Yes, brainlets, that was the entire point of that post. When Jesus talks about "the coming of the Son of Man" he is not talking about the resurrection. He is talking about a later "second coming" as modern Christians call it. The post which I was replying to, , insisted that Christ's resurrection fulfilled predictions of "the coming of the Son of Man" within the generation of Jesus' present followers. So I was showing that interpretation was impossible.