Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_the_sabbath_day,_to_keep_it_holy

openbible.info/topics/adding_to_the_bible

"Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar."

"You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God that I command you."

Why do you continue to follow the false Church of Catholicism & Orthodoxy and Protestantism?

Other urls found in this thread:

preparingforeternity.com/100sabfc.htm
ucg.org/bible-study-tools/bible-questions-and-answers/which-day-is-the-sabbath-according-to-the-bible
biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/12-13.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The sabbath ceremonial worship day did not apply to Christians after the resurrection and ascension when the gospel was promulgated. The apostles only went to preach to Jews at synagogues during sabbath about Christ and they did not celebrate it

How sure are you it is still Saturday? The calendar didn’t fucking change it?

I saw one big ass article saying according to the Enoch calendar it is Sunday. This is why you do what Christ’s Church (Roman Catholic) tells you to do.

Why are you quoting a jewish law as if it has reference to the new covenant?

At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2 When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him, “Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath.”

3 He answered, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4 He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5 Or haven’t you read in the Law that the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath and yet are innocent? 6 I tell you that something greater than the temple is here. 7 If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’[a] you would not have condemned the innocent. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

9 Going on from that place, he went into their synagogue, 10 and a man with a shriveled hand was there. Looking for a reason to bring charges against Jesus, they asked him, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?”

11 He said to them, “If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 How much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”

13 Then he said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” So he stretched it out and it was completely restored, just as sound as the other. 14 But the Pharisees went out and plotted how they might kill Jesus.

The law isn’t gone. Read Matthew 5.

The sabbath extremes were the only commandment law that was negated. Why did the women rest “according to the commandment” in Luke 23:56? Still around.

And read Matthew 5. Still around.

Sorry that the protestants lied to you.

>The sabbath ceremonial worship day did not apply to Christians after the resurrection and ascension when the gospel was promulgated

Because they were trying to create their own religion, rather than listen to the Word of God. Christianity in its early stages was influenced by Pagan and Gnostic and Greek philosophy

>The apostles only went to preach to Jews at synagogues during sabbath about Christ and they did not celebrate it

Wrong, Jesus followed the Sabbath His entire life.
preparingforeternity.com/100sabfc.htm

ucg.org/bible-study-tools/bible-questions-and-answers/which-day-is-the-sabbath-according-to-the-bible

>Why are you quoting a jewish law as if it has reference to the new covenant?

The Commandments are not only for Jews, but for all of mankind. This was one of the purposes for Jesus' arrival.

biblehub.com/ecclesiastes/12-13.htm

>3 He answered, “Haven’t you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4 He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5 Or haven’t you read in the Law that the priests on Sabbath duty in the temple desecrate the Sabbath and yet are innocent? 6 I tell you that something greater than the temple is here. 7 If you had known what these words mean, ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice,’[a] you would not have condemned the innocent. 8 For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

The only thing this shows is that Jesus is allowed to violate His own law, which makes sense.

>11 He said to them, “If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? 12 How much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”

The only thing this shows is that God doesn't consider acts of good to be "work".

they were still jews numbnuts. It wasn't a single day that they just stopped obeying the laws and realized what had happened. The disciples still went to the temple after jesus died. I'm sure it took a few weeks, months, years for people to realize "oh shit the prophecies were fulfilled in our lifetime"

You're never going to convince people that Christians are required to follow Old Testament law. Smarter men than you or I have already exhausted this subject to death for millennia and have concluded that the old law is not required. Why aren't you still sacrificing lambs on an altar every time you sin ?

He said he wasn’t abolishing the law. Read Matthew 5. He even takes specific commandments and further explains their meaning.

I swear protestants jump straight to Paul and don’t even understand the gospel.

And I’m aware of how you guys lie about the word fulfill, which isn’t even what the Greek word means. You somehow turn fulfill into abolishing the law when Christ literally just said it wasn’t gone.

Tell me, how would Satan lie? “Oh just believe in Jesus and be saved!!” When the truth is to do what He said?

Or would Satan lie saying “You have to do what Christ said?” Why would Satan want you to do it?

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. 26 Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.”

Correct, that law is gone. Obviously, since the temple has been gone for 2000 years and “circumcision is nothing”.

The law of the commandments is not gone. It was reaffirmed and fully explained in the gospel.

Is it bad that the main reason I converted from atheism to Christianity is because I hate the Jews and want God to burn them?

Jesus made the laws even tougher. Instead of murdering someone now all you have to do it hate them. Instead of sex out of wedlock now all you must do is lust after a woman. We still must accept Jesus and refrain from sin as much as possible, but it is accepted that the new covenant voids the jewish commands, dietary laws, and other requirements.

Yes. Jesus said the most important thing besides loving God is loving your neighbor, which includes Jews. You should be loving them and praying for them to turn to Christ, which incidentally would cause them to stop being evil if they would love by the commands of Jesus.

Idiots will tell you that Jewish law doesn't matter anymore. This is only partially true, at least if you want to go to heaven, as Jesus says to keep his commandments, to which he is of course referring to the 10 commandments.

>You're never going to convince people that Christians are required to follow Old Testament law. Smarter men than you or I have already exhausted this subject to death for millennia and have concluded that the old law is not required.

appeal to nonexistent authority. The only authority I need is God, friend

>Why aren't you still sacrificing lambs on an altar every time you sin ?

It's obvious which of the over 600 commandments were time-specific to the Israelites only, and which applied to all humanity.

For example one of the commandments is not to hold superstitions; that obviously applies to all of mankind.

But yet the Orthodox faith still holds superstitions such as fasting on certain Saint's days and not working on certain Saint's days, even though God only spoke of not working on the Sabbath

What about Psalm 139:21-22?
"21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies."

David was a jew. I'm sure he was talking about jews. You'd be better referencing jews as the synagogue of Satan. But I'd follow the words straight out of Jesus mouth over the words of David or John.

Protestants still remember the sabbath and keep it holy. They worship on Sunday and don't work. What is your argument?

Ok, so where did Jesus say to love those who hate God?

You’re almost right. The commandments stood the same as always, the Jews used to think they only murdered if they killed somebody with their own hands. Jesus said No, even anger is also murder. Etc.

The OT has many quotes about the hidden meanings of the commandments, and “Lord, teach me your commandments!” When He came in the flesh He did it. This was one of the integral functions of the Messiah. And the law of the commandments is not gone, and nobody has an excuse to violate it. If you are, you need to repent and change your ways.

The faith alone heresy didn’t show up until 500 years ago. There was one church for 1000 years, 2 churches for the next 500, and the last 500 years now it’s exploded to 30,000. So much for “not letting there be divisions” like Paul warned us about, and “let him who preach another gospel be accursed”.

The Jews are already going to be punished for rejecting jesus. There's no need to focus on them.

>Yes. Jesus said the most important thing besides loving God is loving your neighbor, which includes Jews.

Not necessarily. God said to love that which is near (neighbor is close translation, but not the best). If Jesus wanted to say to love everyone, he would have said to love everyone. But he was specifically talking to a Jew. Jesus did not say to love your fellow atheist, seeing as in the first commandment He said to love God with all your being.

Also, this was before his sacrifice and resurrection, in which case all of his "neighbors" would be fellow Christians, and not Jews.

One has to be careful to take each verse in the specific chronological order it was said in.

I agree with you that Catholics and Orthodox are batshit and do a lot of stuff that the Bible says nothing about, and that generally people should keep the Ten Commandments. But as far as other jewish law, or any works for that matter, I'd agree that the only requirement for salvation is to believe in your heart that Jesus rose from the dead to die for your sins and accept his sacrifice.

The faith alone heresy.

The Jews are the anti-christ.
The only people who deserve to burn more than them are faggots.

YES GOYIM. YOU MUST DO EXACTLY WHAT THE SEMITIC DEMON WAR GOD TELLS YOU.

You didn’t pay attention to your New Testament at all. Read the first seven chapters of Matthew at least. He says the opposite at least a dozen times. Take note this is beginning of the New Testament, and Paul’s letter are some of the most advanced things in the Bible. It even says in one of Peter’s epistles that they are hard to understand. That’s where Satan lied to you.

How do protestants explain away the easy to understand epistle of James?

what are you even trying to say? Either state your criticism or stop dividing the church

Because of the words out of Jesus' mouth to the thief next to him on the cross. I'd love to hear about the amazing works that the thief did other than believe on faith that Jesus was Lord.

Read the Bible retard.
the kikes are of the devil, much like yourself. aka you're a slave to kikes and sin.

We are saved by grace, not works. You can't earn your way into Heaven, despite what the pope tells you to sell indulgences. Mary is not a deity, either, sorry.

That said, faith without works is dead. Believers who don't show the fruit of the spirit are not saved. So someone who is saved is going to have works. But the works can't save someone. it's not that hard to grasp.

> he adds to it