twitter.com/AnonBabble

Boy did they ever fuck it up

good....until that ending

also has a catchy OP

Anno > Tsuda.
Get reckt.

ED is good as well

teeth girl

OST is great in general. Thank you based Sagisu.

Started off great but as usual Anno was a hack and ruined everything

>Anno was a hack and ruined everything
By quitting the project?

Proof that Anno can't finish anything when he is not taking his meds

Not enough doujins of Yukino on panda

Is there even any at all?

>implying
Kare Kano is the product of his depression-free life. The mangaka however, probably sunk him deeper into cynicism, and that's why he doesn't do TV anymore.

Was it rape?

babby's first shoujo

Not that time, but in the library it definitely was.
Poor Yukino ;_;

By ragequittng because the mangaka saidsome mean things about the anime, leaving the project with no real director and the studio in a frenzy trying to do anything for the remaining episodes, which ended up concluding horribly.
The anime was neutered and cut short of being a true masterpiece, all because Anno is a pussy who can't take criticism.

Could have been a legendary anime. The mangaka was retarded.

>who can't take criticism.
But the criticism was stupid as fuck in the first place. Anno was doing a great job with the adaption, a good balance of drama and comedy, yet for some reason that deserved criticism?
The mangaka is honestly just a selfish bitch.

>implying women don't like getting raped
Men project their displeasure of having their property sullied onto women. Women love being forced into it.

teeth

>Women love being forced into it.
I wonder about that, user.

Whatever you say, Adachi
Unrelated but Tsubasa best girl

I wasn't saying the criticism was good either, I'm sure the mangaka was just being an uptight bitch.
But to completely abandon your project that you've already made it so far into, leaving a large chunk of the series to be totally aimless and directionless, JUST because she criticized you? That's just pathetic. Just fucking ignore her.

>Tsubasa best girl
Actualy Maho is the best girl.

>Just fucking ignore her.
Kind of hard to when she's the creator of the series.

comfy, just how i like my animu.

>comfy

Ending was a pile of shit.

Became shit after Anno didn't touch it.

>mfw next year is it's 20th anniversary
Will we get a BD?

t.virgin

The Anno episodes are the best part but the show is 100% more unique and memorable because of the things that weren't planned and the resulting way they worked around them.

>Success is the best revenge
Well, not many people remember Karekano, almost everybody remembers EVA (for better or worse)

Besides, CLAMP, as mentioned on some other threads had some shows interrupted by them because MUH creative differences.

I guess CLAMP is a difficult bunch to deal with.

BTW, is the manga better than the anime? is it a wotrthy manga? In its time I was kinda interested in Karekano but never got access to the manga the way we do today.

>selfish bitch.
god forbid she voices displeasure about an adaption of her own fucking work

I hate how nips are conditioned to be silent on their feelings about anime versions of their work

It's shit, don't bother to read it.

>god forbid she voices displeasure
Never question Master Anno!
Seriously though, of all the adaptions to criticize, Kare Kano was the LEAST deserving. Anno did extensive research for the damn show and what's he get? A bitchy mangaka who hates it.

Was pretty good until the last 8 or so episodes where the pacing slows to a crawl, the quality noticeably drops, everything falls apart and there isn't a proper ending.

The problem is author is a god. If she says something displeasure to the anime, it would be a fucking problem to the director. I think Anno just raged quit because he was too lazy to change the direction of the story.

>Anno did extensive research for the damn show
You're thinking of Love & Pop

He did it for Kare Kano too, there's an archive on the old Gainax website of how he went to various high schools and interviewed tons of kids and shit.

The first cour is the perfect shoujo romcom.
The second cour is a bunch of kinda cool side-content.

I remember watching it way back when and being shocked that they actually fucked a couple episodes in

What would be the point if he's just adapting from a Manga? Did he put in some random new shit?
If that's the case then no wonder the mangaka got mad.

Dont get me wrong, Kare Kano (excluding the ending) was great but if the creator felt that way then so be it. "Bitchy" is trying to sabotage the guy's workflow or some shit, not just giving an opinion. I'd rather authors just speak their mind on how they regard adaptions, critical reception to their work, etc

>Did he put in some random new shit?
He didn't. The manga's criticism was mainly because she thought it was too light-hearted, and comedic.

Annos' Greatest Hits (Ranked from Greatest to Least)

End of Evangelion
NGE
Shin Godzilla
Kare Kano
Rebuild of Evangelion
Love & Pop
Cutey Honey

>Did he put in some random new shit?
eva references

And? It's just a simple criticism. He left over something as small as that?

I read some old topic that Anno intended to adapt all 13 volumes manga to one cour then went full original for the rest.

It's totally his style though, from the title cards and pacing to the recap episode. It almost feels like a parody at first.

Yes, he's a hack.

Still I really like Anno's shot.
youtube.com/watch?v=rIhb8ajhUNU

I think there was contention throughout the entire project though between them.

Anno's unique masterpiece

We weren't there. We have no idea exactly how it went down. It was bad enough that they burned the cels and put it into the actual show.

>implying

Kare Kano > NGE = EOE > Shin Godzilla > Love & Pop > Cutey Honey >>>>> Rebuilds

Love & Pop should be higher

That's false, the manga wasn't over yet.

Are you high? Karekano is one of the best things Gainax ever did and arguably a top 2 work for Anno.

They elevated a shitty shoujo manga full of pointless drama into a full character study that explores the idea of self and the role of indivuals in society. It captures perfectly how teenagers develop and deal with issues in life. The romance was very well done, not just for the main couple but for side characters. Even the "I'll wait till your baby daughter is old enough to bone her" guy was interesting.

It's a shame that the author hated the adaptation, because even if her story telling sucks she did create good characters. And we will never see any more of them animated.

So this one false?
>Why we think Anno left the production of Kare-Kano
>Note: I'm not absolutely certain these are the reasons, nor are they
>necessarily the sole reasons, for Anno's departure from the production of
>Kare-Kano.
>Anno objected to the restrictions placed on TV anime by TV Tokyo after the
>Pocket Monster incident, so in protest, he decided to have nothing more to
>do with TV Tokyo and left the production of Kare-Kano in the hands of Sato,
>who joined Gainax after having worked for the government in a public works
>management position.

>Yep.
>Anno wanted to write an original story for the second half of the TV series. You can find several mentions about that plan in "old" issues of
Animage or Newtype (ie before the TV series aired).
>That's why the "rhythm" of the first half of the series is that fast : they intended to adapt most of the manga in 13 or so episodes.
>But TV Tôkyô got cold feet and feared that Anno would go back to his old ways (ie the last TV episodes of Eva...), so they asked Ganaix to stick
with the manga... Anno was obviously frustrated/infuriated... ^^;
eva.onegeek.org/pipermail/oldeva/2001-April/039591.html

He's a good director, definitely distinguishable. I sure love me some telephone wiring.

I loved it so much I tracked down the manga so I could find out what happened and I sincerely regret it.

IN the end, it's the big corporations fault and their artistic restrictions!
Anno just wanted to create seizure inducing anime.

It's false the part about adapting all the 13 volumes because there weren't 13 volumes back then.

What a baby

>and I sincerely regret it.
I remembered getting spoiler about the ending. I just think it's fucking weird that the younger sister ended up with Asaba.

> Kare Kano over all iterations of Eva

Slow down there, user. I'm not sure you know what you're saying.

And is Cutey Honey really better than all of the Rebuilds? Be honest with yourself.

>I sincerely regret it
Why? It wasn' that great but I liked the sci-fi play and Soichiro's arc.

More importantly, the manga sucks cocks, Anno was basically saving that shit from oblivion.

Too bad Anno will never do any other shoujo romance like this anymore, I would pay for it. He's a genious.

I don't give a shit about the manga, I mean, you can visibly see the show go to shit.

>Last Game by Anno
Fuck, that would be glorious.

It was retarded

Nice argument

>Anno will never direct Monogatari

The manga is pretty bad, well, maybe not bad but just generic melodrama. Read it only if you really want to know what happens to the characters.

Spoiler: rape and teen pregnancy, everywhere.

Finally a man of taste

I think Nisio's novels would be easily adapted by Anno since both of them are focus on human.

Kare Kano is Anno's magnum opus.

Out of all the series possible you'd put Anno on haremshit?

So, after MC dipped his dick in the wet, he goes full non-protected rape mode?

Maybe Anno would fix the whole genre. Who knows? Well, we will never know because of Karekano

Arima was always a rapist, the signs were always there.

Fuck Nisio. I honestly hate that faggot. He needs to stop writing and die.
I just want another season of SZS.

Abusive mom comes for Soichiro and living again with her triggers his PTSD, He tries to be alone and at one point he rapes Yukino trying to get her away from him, it doesn't work and she maneges to save him.

Anno should adapt one of Romeo's works.

Cross+channel by Anno? Sign me up

proto Biribiri

That's retarded
Does midget girl fuck her step brother?

proto Taiga

OH boy, i would actualy pay for this

Jesus christ, why is shoujo chock full of these rapey broken men? Why can't they have more small scale problems?
Not saying it has to be like girls' problems in haremshit, but it's seriously bizarre how shoujo manga seems to consider the most broken people the most worthy of love, even to the point of the main character setting herself on fire to keep them warm.

No wonder I liked her so much. Her relationship with the step brother is one of the best part of the series.

>even to the point of the main character setting herself on fire to keep them warm

Women are fascinated by both rape and broken men, and they're extremely easy to combine.

Soichiro is a good guy for most of the story it's just when his mom comes that he goes mentally unstable and when he overcomes his traumas he get back to normal.

>Does midget girl fuck her step brother?
They didn't but they are getting married by the end of the manga

>not her relationship with #1 dad

Well, if the characters were all decent people with little problems living a nice comfy life and enjoying teenage love the story would be boring as hell.

Broken characters make good stories.

People like to blame the mangaka for the anime being ruined, but honestly neither the manga nor the anime are that good.

The main girl's dad was also pretty baller. Though he live with a lot of women, so estrogen might get to him at some point.