it was shit with some really great moments
youtube.com/watch?v=akHzY8c8YNc
youtube.com/watch?v=_yQBG1KTS4M

Was this OTP?

If by ok you mean Anime of the Decade.
>it was shit
No.
No Ryuko x Mako was.

OP here, you're exaggerating user. It can't be AotD because Tatami Galaxy, Hyouge Mono and Uchuu Kyoudai were all released in the past 7 years

It was awesome. I love it.

Tatami Galaxy is close, I don't like Hyouge Mono that much and Space Brothers is a pointless adaption that doesn't enhance the source material in any way.
If we consider movies there is some better stuff but among TV and OVAs, KLK is the best.

Its only good the first time you watch it

its a parody on every anime cliche the author could remember
>over the top battles
>chicks wearing barely any clothes
>yelling a fucking lot
>huge letters flying everywhere
>stupid long ass names for moves
>everything being destroyed to shit and then fine the next day
>M-MASAKA moments

>I don't like Hyouge Mono
>pic related

I watched it when it was airing but recently I had an urge to rewatch the series. The flaws in the second half were more noticeable but it was still an entertaining ride.

Kill yourself.

I said "that much". It's an okay series but certainly not AotD material.

>It's an okay series but certainly not AotD material.

You need to watch more anime.
It's not a parody and its sources of inspiration are pretty specific, classic Go Nagai's and Dezaki's stuff and old school sukeban manga especially.

NUDDDDISTT BEEACH

I was doing Nofap when this was airing. Lost it when they first fought in their transformed forms in the court yard. Came so much

You first.

I really don't find this series fappable despite all the nudity.
I can't even manage to think of Ryuko sexually.

Greatest Love Story Ever Told tier relationship

>I can't even manage to think of Ryuko sexually
Hint: it wasn't her

no this was OTP

Iori is for Satsuki
Senketsu is for Ryuko
Gamagori is for Mako
Dog is for Snake
Boxer is for Shark

This is the OTPs.

What are you, gay?

Soundtrack was good but everything else was a let down. The only enjoyable part is when they raided Osaka

That's some contrarian opinion.

Yeah, that's really all that can be said for it though. Its ok.

Watching this with Sup Forums was a fucking blast and high peak in anime history

Trigger saved anime, but sadly the influx of normies was inevitable and eventually ruined its enjoyment, also Sup Forums being a fucking hipster ("it is imperative that I find reasons to hate popular stuff and call it shit to be above the masses")

But it was great

you don't know shit, you should have been here for Geass, TTGL, or Star Driver

For one, the Student Council members are referred to as the four devas, ie the Four Heavenly Kings in Buddhism, who are said to be protectors of Lord Sakra, living atop "Mount Sumeru" (the center of the Buddhist universe) which you'll find looks similar to the design of the strange mountain that Honnoji Gakuen sits atop. Mount Sumeru is said to be populated with terraces where different levels of Sakra's followers reside, similar to the star system in the series.
Honnoji Academy is a reference to the Honnoji Incident in 1582, where Nobunaga was betrayed by his general Akechi Mitsuhide at the Honnoji Buddhist temple in Kyoto. This is alluded to when student council member Sanageyama directly quotes Mitsuhide's famous "The enemy awaits at Honnō-ji!" speech. Ragyo = Nobunaga, the daimyo trying to unify Japan (Ragyo trying to take over the world), and Satsuki = Akechi Mitsuhide, the general that betrays her at Honnoji (the same place that Satsuki betrays her mother in the series). This also fits with the idea of the temple sitting atop Mount Sumeru, since Buddhist temples are often architecturally designed to invoke the imagery of Sumeru (you will also find images online that show Honnoji Gakuen, when seen from afar, is designed to look like a Kamui uniform with it's arms in a round circle, relating to the Buddhist meditation position where practitioners bring their hands in a circle in front of them and imagine themselves as Mount Sumeru).

The light seen emanating from Satsuki and Ragyo is a reference to the "rainbow body" phenomen, a state of spiritual realization in Tibetan Buddhism, wherein light is said to emanate from practitioners as they reach higher levels of understanding. In the most advanced state, where one is said to have attained complete knowledge, rainbow colors are seen. Not only does light emanate from Satsuki and Ragyo, but Ragyo also exhibits rainbow colors, and at one point even specifically refers to herself as "one who knows all the truths in this world." You'll also note that during the bath scene with Satsuki (which Ragyo refers to as a "ritual") at the climax of the scene Satsuki's chakra (specific energy points on the body) are very clearly shown as being opened.
The story of Kill la Kill may be a reference to an ancient Tibetan apocalypse mythology, that predicts a war in which foreign invaders will be defeated by a king from a distant land that joins forces with the gods of Mount Sumeru to bring peace and understanding to the world (something to that effect), which is possibly a reference to Ryuko joining forces with Satsuki to defeat the aliens. More generally speaking though, the story I think focuses on Ryuko's personal "path to enlightenment" (i.e., the Way she's not supposed to Lose), and how she's helped by her Kamui (god clothing) to come to an ultimate understanding (or Nirvana) about herself and the nature of her existence, and to be at peace with it. This is most notable in that Ryuko defeats Ragyo at the end of the series, not by destroying her, but by "Absorbing" her with Senketsu. "Absorption" is a state known as jhana (meditative absorption) and is the last of the eightfold paths in Buddhist practice needed for attaining Nirvana.

There are many other possible references, including what looks like a lotus blossom (very important Buddhist symbol) during the Absorption, Senketsu possibly being a Boddhisatva, and a visual nod to Nirvana (snuffing of the flame) in Senketsu's death scene.
The story revolves around Ryuko, who's deeply upset about her father's death, and later about the realization of her true nature/existence as being both clothing and human. But at the end of the series she accepts the nature of her existence and doesn't let it affect her anymore. As a thematic central message, that sort of character progression seems to resonate with Buddhist belief, that the world is filled with suffering born from a lack of understanding/acceptance of the nature of reality and one's self (dukkha), and that peace is achieved from coming to understand and accept that nature, and not allow it to affect one's self (nirvana). While Ryuko at the beginning of the series is confused and angry by the death of her father, at the end of the series she can think back to Senketsu (who also had passed away) and smile knowingly (the fact that her father and Senketsu both share an eyepatch seems to make the parallel all the stronger). Ryuko's "way" was the path to her coming to accept the nature of life and of herself, which is why the Buddhist imagery seems an appropriate a thematic umbrella.

>Star Driver
I didn't bother with the threads but I see little reason to get excited over something as formulaic as that.

studyofanime.com/2014/04/inspirations-kill-la-kill-and.html

Which line are you going to plagiarise next?

Wow, you can use Google. What now?

Now you stop spamming this thread with someone else's opinions and observations and instead present us your own, you snivelling little rat.

You seem upset.
Those are facts that are already expressed perfectly, no need to write them down every time or add considerations since I'm not as versed in Buddhism.

Yes, by someone else. You don't link to the article or make reference to it. You just posted someone else's opinions as if they were your own. Thus making you nothing short of a rat.

it was ok until they show that disgusting sadomaso outfit.

It was copypasta you mong

The second half was much worse than the first.

nope

Sorry, is it yours? Are you upset that your doctorate in anthropology is only useful to analyze chinese cartoons?
Otherwise stop breaking my balls, you're being annoying for no reason.

It made the horrendous mistake of hainvf the second to last episode be 10x better than the actual finale.

I imagine someone has been shitposting in KLK threads for the past couple of days because it's relatively new, judging from a quick search of Desuarchive

Aside from the drop in animation quality near the end it was just as good.
What was the actual finale?

Pff

Me to.

it's a 5/10 show if you look at it critically but a 10/10 if you're in it purely for the hype factor

No, it's objectively a 9/10.

Iori and Inu are pretty much canon.