Samon-kun wa Summoner
Poro no Ryuugaku-ki
Gintama
U19
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 20:
Cover, Lead CP: Haikyuu!!
CP: Hinomaru Zumou, Yakusoku no Neverland, Harapeko no Marie

Black Clover confirms my teachers quote. "Good artists borrow, great artists steal"

Pure ranking

01 Haikyu c.242
02 Neverland c.027
03 Hero Academia c.127
04 Soma c.203
05 No.01 c.017
06 Kimetsu c.050
07 Yuna c.051
08 Saiki c.232
09 Hinomaru c.133
10 Samon c.069
11 Poro c.001
12 Gintama c.624
13 U19 c.002

Glad Promised neverland is still doing great

U19 still being the 19th series, I see.

Instead of a first rank next week, Marie's getting a color page so that's safe.

>U19
It's over.

>11 Poro c.001
>13 U19 c.002
Fucking RIP

>Marie getting a CP next week

So I guess we can confirm that's safe?

For now

isn't that a character from his other chopped series?

You can't compare gag mangas with battle shonen.

Boy can Tabata draw a nice pair.

>05 No.01 c.017
how

Ok so genuine question. Has Hero Academia ever fallen below the top 5?

it's recently axed jump series welcoming U19

>demon's plan 12 chapters
>ole golazo 12 chapters
>amalgam 18 chapters

hence "under 19"

No.

No. The editors would never allow such a thing.

So when is the next round of cancellations? Because these three
>10 Samon c.069
>11 Poro c.001
>13 U19 c.002
are going to be gone.

Still not a good indicator. If it's not going up by chapter 3 we can say goodbye to the cute demon shota.

Damn series have been coming and going haven't they?

>ole golazo 12 chapters
I'm still salty desu.

>05 No.01 c.017

Why is this shit so high, just die and be fodder so other series can live.

>11 Poro c.001
Going het was a mistake,
maybe now the mangaka will learn not to be stupid.

>same issue ole golazo get axed banba makes his debut in U19

>Spring Weapon still in decent standing
Alright I'm curious now. Just what is up with this series. It can can't be that good can it? It survived like 20+ chapters now but I still don't know a thing about it beyond chapter 3.

WSJ was at its best when One Piece, Naruto and Bleach ruled

Now its just sad

There are a few promising newcomers.

But chapter 1 is ranking, and that shit was fujobaity as fuck. If anything, starting off with gay shit left it dead in the water.

Only Gotouge and the Neverland duo.

I actually thought that the newest Samon chapter was really good, though. The one with Samon and Nebiros. But the manga is definitely ending.

Average rankings over past 8 issues

01.57 One Piece
03.12 Hero Academia
03.44 Haikyu
03.89 Black Clover
04.12 Neverland
04.49 Kimetsu
05.63 Bokuben
05.85 Soma
07.29 No.01
07.45 Saiki
07.57 Hinomaru
07.73 Gintama
08.35 Yuna
09.73 Poro
09.83 Samon
10.68 Amalgam
10.68 Ole Golazo
11.06 U19
11.50 Demon's Plan

>U19
Fucking nips and their shit taste.

>Neverland
I'm very pleased it's doing so well.

Average excluding finished series

01.58 One Piece
03.06 Hero Academia
03.43 Haikyu
03.95 Black Clover
04.19 Neverland
04.38 Kimetsu
05.38 Bokuben
05.70 Soma
07.16 No.01
07.49 Saiki
07.50 Hinomaru
07.80 Gintama
08.45 Yuna
09.31 Poro
09.76 Samon
10.58 U19

>05 No.01 c.017
When will someone translate this? Looks like this is going to survive.

>06 Kimetsu c.050
Nice, I hope it's higher next chapter.

Fun Fact: Like Marie, Beelzebub also received its third color page on the 8th chapter, probably a good indicator that its doing well. The record for the fastest third color page however (at least in more recent years) is Toriko which got it on its 6th.

>U19 could have been the trainwreck WSJ manga of the decade
The first 8 chapters were already fucking wacky. Oh well, the adults won.

>13 U19 c.002
>c.002

>get told by Sup Forums that Poro is homo
>third chapter literally has him kiss his female love interest
Why did you all lie to me? This series deserves to be canned. What's even the deal with the author? It's obvious they fujobait, yet they suddenly include this shit? I seriously don't understand.

Neverland volume 3 will actually outsell the newest Yuuragi volume.

Day 1:
5. Neverland
6. Gintama
7. Yuuragi
8. Saiki

Day 2:
5. Gintama
6. Neverland
9. Yuuragi
10. Saiki

Why is Black Clover so popular? This series is an absolute gutter trash mixture between Nurutu and Fairy Tail and manages to be even worse than both of them together.

I recall both Yuuna and Kimetsu no Yaiba got color pages for their 7th chapter.

Good.

>Neverland getting hella pushed
Hopefully the series cools it with all the keikaku shit since they're out of the orphanage.

Marie, Bokuben, Stone and Robot are still not ranked right?

>02 Neverland c.027

Anime when?

Bokuben is, since three weeks ago.

At least 12 chapters for the new ones to make a volume. So around 4 to 6 weeks probably from now.

>13 U19 c.002
>the next big shounen they said

I'm pretty sure nobody actually believed that. At least I hope not.

It is not popular. Look at manga sales. They are shit. Some editor with shit taste at Jump is pushing this manga.

The obi on the third Neverland volume says that it has already sold half a mil volumes.

New Neverland volume came out today, what are your first week sales predictions?

>CP: Harapeko no Marie
Damn, so we won't know its first ranking next week. Though the fact that it's getting a CP probably means that it's safe.

80k-100k

$1.00

The more promoted and more appealing series to casual audiences gets higher sales than a very raunchy series, wow, so surprising.

91k first week, 120k total after second week

>WSJ was at its best when One Piece, Naruto and Bleach ruled
When every fucking title was a battle shounen?

From what I have heard it is popular under tge smaller children who can still vote, but not have their own money they can spend on buying the volumes.

U19 is only a gag manga by accident.

Cool horseshit bro

Did BNHA Volume 13 come out yet. It's going to be up against OPM and I want to now if that will take away some of it's sales

Anyone have that manga page where they say "We will keep pushing it as popular right up to its cancellation" for how manga industry works?

What's he holding?

Thanks man.

It was such obvious bad trolling, but I think they were dumb enough to believe the series would actually succeed.

>13 U19 c.002
when the first chapter drop i thought think that jump actually pulling a cruel prank on him, like "let's publish this fucker's garbage as it is, set him to fail and makes people question his credibility as a creator".

The homo shit was clearly unsuccesful, as you see here

Neverland anime soon then?

Not nearly enough material yet, calm the fuck down

Maybe in a year. There isn't enough for even one cour yet.

It came out yesterday

Yeah it's just cruel, I'm sure they won't allow him another chance ever again with such a blunder.

>Toriko
it's amazing how much jump put faith on this series considering how outdated the art style is...

>Neverland c.027
My erection could not get any more massive

I liked the designs in Poro, but the series fell flat. The weeb thing was kind of funny, and then sort of abandoned. The characters don't make me want to care about them. The jokes aren't really funny. It just feels soulless. The mangaka should have stuck to the one shot concept, and should have put his heart into it. He seemed scared to, and that's why it's so dead.

Thanks

Man, Soma's placing has been all over the place...

i heard that it actually become a harem too now

Toriko came out during that awkward period in the late 00s most of their popular series from the past decade were ending and replacements weren't really sticking. They were desperate for a new iconic franchise.

It's just clearly shows what characters people are interested about and which they don't give a fuck about.

It sold over 20 millions so it's a success no matter how you look at it, just not on the level of other huge hits.

Salmon onigiri

Jesusfuck kill yourself cancer

>being this triggered

The fact that he took so long to get serialized makes me think he was unable to workshop the oneshot concept into a full series. Poro was just deadly boring, like it got pushed out due to obligation more than anything. It looked like it was supposed to be a gag series, but the author couldn't tell jokes for shit.

>11 Poro c.001
>13 U19 c.002
Dancing midgets died for this.

And Samon's about to as well. Spring Weapon sell utter horseshit, but series like Dancing Midgets had to go instead. Are the heads in Jump's editorial department retarded?

I think he'd be able to do a decent urban fantasy, just not a comedy unless he gets a sense of humor. But without a comedic part, he probably would have a hard time getting a series in WSJ in the first place.

At least the midgets died with dignity, and Samon's final arc is better than expected. Hopefully they will get good replacements eventually.

Nips truly have shit taste, I guess.

Are you autistic?
Ore Golazo died for those two.

Is it too much to ask for a shounen that's incredibly cute after all?

He seemed to put way more effort into drawing the (throwaway) combat bits than any gags. It's like, shit, just do a damn battle series if you really want to.

Yoko truly gave them a dignified exit. The finale is actually one of the better ones I've seen.

>a rare Sesuji thread appears
>always gets filled with "why aren't you reading the SUPERIOR ballroom dance manga" by the tenth post

I guess cute doesn't cut it anymore. I do want to watch the Ballroom anime though.

I still have hope that YOKO's next series will be more popular.

How can you beat god tier fanservice like this?

Given that Spring Weapon and Poro have identical premises and this was the first week they both were ranked at the same time, and Spring Weapon placed 5th, I think Poro's deader than dead. If it were the least bit popular, it would have cannibalized Spring Weapon, a series can't even sell 10k volumes.

>Poro

2comfy4Jump. Another one of those manga that shouldl've gone to another magazine.

>U19

Better luck next time, Author-san. Don't drag it out next time.