NicoNico's top 10 Winter/Spring anime of 2017, a survey conducted with 43,171 people participating

NicoNico's top 10 Winter/Spring anime of 2017, a survey conducted with 43,171 people participating.

>Q1: Out of the anime which have aired on TV during 2017 January - March, which did you enjoy the most?
1. Kemono Friends- 40.79%
2. KonoSuba S2- 10.00%
3. Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon- 8.43%
4. Youjo Senki- 6.95%
5. Gabriel Dropout- 3.02%
6. ACCA: 13ku-kansatsuka- 2.15%
7. Demi-chan wa Kataritai- 1.80%
8. Little Witch Academia- 1.78%
9. Ai Mai Mi S3- 1.59%
10. Gintama.- 1.54%

>Q2: Out of the anime which are scheduled to start in April on TV, which do you look forward to?
1. Shingeki no Kyojin S2- 11.79%
2. Idol Master Cinderella Girls Gekijyou- 10.24%
3. Natsume Yujincho S6- 5.82%
4. Uchouten Kazoku 2- 5.11%
5. Ero-manga Sensei- 4.10%
5. Yuu-Gi-Ou VRAINS- 4.10%
7. Boku no Hero Academia S2- 3.83%
7. Warau Salesman NEW- 3.83%
9. SaeKano - 3.63%
10. Flame Arms Girl- 3.49%

Bullshit. Kemono friends is just Sup Forums bandwagoning. No one watches it in Japan except children.

Do crocodile friends live in the Nile?

>5. Yuu-Gi-Ou VRAINS- 4.10%
After their reaction to Arc-V, I'm surprised that NicoNico can still get excited for anything YGO related.

want it or not, the man is living the dream

Children that like Nendoroids, which is a good source of income.

Keep your delusions to yourself.

>20% lead
>20% LEAD!!!

It aired at 1:00 AM, you idiot

*30% lead
I read it wrong damn it

Praise him, he deserves it!

The creator can probably ignore TV broadcast right now and just stream it on niconico and jewtube and still get 1mil views. At 1AM JST no less.

>Akashic Records not on the list
What? Is it that unpopular?

>walmart Asterisk
>unpopular

What do you think?

>1. Kemono Friends- 40.79%
Amazing.
>tfw nobody watches Onihei

But Konomi Suzuki is singing the OP.

Every single form of evidence I've come across has lead me to believe Uchouten Kazoku might become a cult classic in Japan. I'm expecting it to sell at least twice as much as S1.

I had to go out of my way to watch it legally, I gave up and watched it on the seven seas.

Seriously it's almost as if they didn't want people to watch it.

Season 2 confirmed

She also sang the Ange Vierge OP and that show was a mega flop.

>KonoSuba S2- 10.00%
>Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon- 8.43%
>Youjo Senki- 6.95%
>Gabriel Dropout- 3.02%
>Demi-chan wa Kataritai- 1.80%
>Little Witch Academia- 1.78%
You can literally add all of Sup Forums's favorite anime this season and Kemono Friends still wins by a huge margin.

Alright fuck. I am gonna watch it. Happy now?

Stupid flip when did the singer of the OP translate directly to the show's quality?

>Kemono Friends on top of enjoyment
>By the same people looking forward to "Asspull Giants"
Why? Why can't I generalize their shit taste anymore?

Not really, but you'll be.

4 episodes rule, normally 3 are enough and for me 2 hooked me in, but most people agree that episode 4 is the best.

If you actually dislike this at 4 episodes in just drop it, you might not enjoy it at all.

Maybe fun things are fun?

>8. Little Witch Academia- 1.78%
Top kek, though I'm glad Kemono Friends got some much needed exposure and recognition.

only 11.79% of them though

>tfw anime is saved

Yeah yeah I know the drill. I know how to watch my animu. But fuck this is my first 3DCG one.

Some say go for the 3 episode rule, I kinda enjoyed it from the start though.

Do you think Miyazaki can see past the CGI and actually enjoy Kemono Friends? Environmental awareness has always been his thing and this show is filled with it.

this shit is just an Abe propaganda
with how popular it is, expect ss2 in no time

Asspull giants is only ahead by a slim margin which seems pretty normal

Kemono Friends has a higher percentage than the other 9 combined.

Nobody but children watch anime in Japan

Sup Forums picked it up because of Japan turning it into a meme. Less than 20 ips in the week 1 thread

No Miyazaki can't enjoy something that's 3D.

His head is so far up his own ass, no good anime exists to him unless he personally was involved in it.

>No one watches it in Japan except children.
I believe a good amount of 30+ watch it iirc.

Visuals aside, I enjoyed the first episode. It's comfy enough to go through it and, at the same time, there's the underlying mystery which made me curios to see what happens next.

Sure if he animates it himself and Ghibli.

It's because it ranks number one is nearly every demographic. Kids, adults, old people, ect.

I doubt Miyazaki watches much TV anime.

Consensus: it starts off slow, you have to hang on until the third episode (pic related). After that, there is no turning back.

Proudly one of those.

This makes no sense.

Why is Kemono Friends so fucking popular? The competition was so heavy this season with Loli Hitler, Lusty Argonian Lesbian Maid and The Adventures of Young Rance, yet, despite all that, Kemono Friends, the fucking nature documentary for kids, rose above in charts and popularity.

It's not a terrible show, it's just wreathed in mediocrity. With such high budget cute girl shows being churned out every season, how did the one made by 10 guys, none of whom are really even that notable, with the budget of 10 japari buns make it to the top?

The story had a sense of progression towards a goal every episode, which can be said to be doing more than most cute girl animes. But is that what people want?

But it doesn't make sense, with Japan's shit taste and love of shows where absolutely nothing happens for entire seasons, this should have been a forgotten flop, which is even worse than a remembered flop because at least people acknowledged it, but it became AOTS, and maybe even AOTY.

Did Kemono Friends save anime?

I really think its better to say its a comfy anime like Aikatsu first. The mystery is just the cherry on top.

Kemono Friends dominated the rankings in every age demographic and for both genders.

i wonder why he dint commit sudoku yet after seeing this chart

Be ready for another hype train crash.

>Did Kemono Friends save anime?
No, it was shit, your post is shit, fuck you.

Since when did Abe support homosexual propaganda?

Were you here for K-ON's boom? It's literally that, people of all ages could relate to the characters. Also those same people who watched K-ON in their early 20s are now in their 30s, which is why that one poll conducted in Japan had people aged 30+ and even 40-50+ years old.

Is Kemono Friends the mlp of anime?

>Did Kemono Friends save anime?
Stop.

Well it did revive the creativity of the Japs after a drought of good material to work with. If only IPs like Kancolle, Fate and Granblue were more loose about its rules.

Does it even matter? KF only has one season of anime. Those are gigantic compared to it with games that provide continuous content. KF is a fad that will die out, interest for it will be gone like SnK

No, I was making fun of people who watched anime and shunned them from my presence like a cool kid.

Then another supposed cool kid showed me K while it was airing.

And that was how I began my fall into degeneracy.

So, no, I didn't watch K-ON, I was too cool for that shit.

Some difference across male/female viewers, though all the age ranges have very similar number.

>Male
1. Kemono Friends 42.71%
2. KonoSuba S2 11.07%
3. Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon 8.68%
4. Youjo Senki 6.83%
5. Gabriel Dropout 3.38%
6. Demi-chan wa Kataritai 1.98%
7. Little Witch Academia 1.75%
8. Aimaimi- S3 1.66%
9. ACCA 13ku-kansatsuka 1.35%
10. Obunaga no Shinobi 1.11%

>Female

1. Kemono Friends 29.77%
2. Youjo Senki 7.64%
3. Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon 7%
4. ACCA 13ku-kansatsuka 6.77%
5. Gintama. 4.45%
6. KonoSuba S2 3.87%
7. Haikyuu!! Torino Karasuno VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou 3.72%
8. Obunaga no Shinobi 2.60%
9. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjyu - Sukeroku Futatabi Hen - 2.45%
10. 3 Gatsu no Lion 2.30%

>Well it did revive the creativity of the Japs
>creativity
>KF
Kek

Global rule 2, motherfucker.

I still can't believe how a shounen like Gintama has a female majority demographic.

>Japan is become so board with anime that a shitty meme show is what's hot now

Was last season really that bad?

If this has half the impact on the industry that K-On did on character design and visuals we might as well rename ourselves to /jco/ because anime is dead.

Japan's taste is shit. What's new?

That remains to be seen, so far the odds are in its favour as long as they ride the wave and the studio and fans keep producing content.

>Female
>1. Kememe 29.77%
>2. Youjo Senki 7.64%
maybe there is hope for humanity. after all

>Youjo Senki more popular with female viewers

>female
>AKA male nips pretending to be little girls

>implying anime isn't japanese cartoons in the first place

Director just literally made a short bonus episode during his break

Well, it was a noticed anime that tried doing the adventure genre with a set goal. Other animes that I thought were great and followed this formula of the set goal are Rage of Bahamut: Genesis and Thunderbolt Fantasy. Neither were as popular, but I felt both did better in their respective areas.

These days they just keep wringing it out with the goal never even hinted to be gotten closer to. Shows like Konosuba, Naruto and One Piece, as popular as they are, never show us how close the characters are to achieving their goals. But in KF, they at least gave us a status update every episode.

So yeah, this might open up more doors for the stagnant anime industry to try and get through more.

>Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
That was good until the plot went in
>Thunderbolt Fantasy.
Was good throughout its run and given that its a show about tawinase puppets it did so much better than expected

It's a multimedia project, it's not going to die easily.

Girls like hot guys. What's not to get? Most of the Gintama cast are males anyway. Most of them are muscular manly men type too.

Also cute animals are fucking cute, make them cute girls and you will find success.

And in typical Japanese fashion they will get the wrong idea what made KF so endearing and make hundreds of ripoffs on shitty 3D. Thanks KF.

>That was good until the plot went in
>plot went in
I don't understand

>sold out within three hours

Don't forget S2. And besides most anime have limited lives post-airing. The fact that this became popular despite its budget bodes well that it'll last a little longer than expected

So it's the Haruhi effect? One good LN strikes gold and everyone tries to cash in until the titles hit 42 Kanji?

>the impact on the industry that K-On did on character design and visuals
Outside of KyoAni (and Toshifumi Akai), I'm not sure what influence K-On! had in that regard.

>Female
>2. Youjo Senki 7.64%

the plot kicked in

Miyazaki is such an overrated piece of shit. Why do people even like that faggot?

tatsuki is a good director, if he had a hight budget h

yanks suck his dick

Tatsuki is okay, if only shitty 3D wasn't his favorite
Still KF is gonna look good on his resume for his first anime he directed

I believe One Piece actively reiterates that it's "goal" was just an excuse for Luffy to go adventures since it's obvious he doesn't actually care about it. So it's an essentially infinite adventure that anyone can drop and pick up whenever they want

That said, it's refreshing to see set journey contained within 12 episodes, even though technically, it can also go on forever as long as the humans don't show up

I need Thunderbolt Friends in my life
>serval puppet

Tatsuki can't afford enough characters to finish this post, but he tries anyway. Hang in there, Tatsuki!

Again, I don't understand. The story continued? Is that what you're trying to say? You wanted it to remain daily life of bounty hunter and the guy that wants to kill him?

But then it would miss the point. The show was about people who became part of something much bigger than them, and how they acted when met with such circumstance.

If you're saying that you wanted it to stay progression free, then you're part of the problem

anime is dead, kemono friends was nice though

Budget has nothing to do with good direction, that's why Kemono Friends was good in the first place.