It's over, Sup Forums. They have the youth

It's over, Sup Forums. They have the youth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DHl6Jsgq600
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I didn't even watch. What did she do?

Strange, everyone I have talked to irl that has seen it thought it sucked.

>when your middle school brother says "she was a really bad commander"
>mfw

This movie was so horrible, but mash potato brained nu male bug men are obliged to love it.

The moral of the story is women in power are failures at even being martyrs

Oncre a troll, always at Sup Forums.

Why the fuck would blind obedience and suicide be something you want your children to look up too?

Fucking commies mann

sperged out at one of her dudes for being a cis white male (wasn't even cis white male), then refused to share her super secret plans with anyone and was surprised that they lost because no one knew what was going on because she wouldn't share her plans or command anyone despite being the commander

O-Really all my friends and I thought it was the best one yet

They won't have anybody as soon as gen x realizes Star Wars will never be like it was in 1978 again and stop taking their kids to it.

I suppose the SJW's can do victory dances and suck each other's fempenises over ruining yet another nice thing, at least.

she sparked a brief mutiny from the other rebels and then she killed herself by ramming into a bunch of star destroyers because one of the writers realized she was an shitty unlikable character

The commander whos horrible idea to flee those cargo ships that would obviously get shot down was considered a great leader and not dubt her orders? Poe had every right to call her out on her retarded plan. The shields were the only thing keeping them all alive!

Why does an admiral wearing a fucking evening dress and not uniform anyway?

They literally love Islam. Why do you think they want open borders? Another group to permanently add to the voter base.

Why?

Vanity Fair just sealed it. No more Star Wars for me.

I can't say for myself, I don't watch starwars after new shitty trilogy came out. Return of the Jedi is the last legit star wars.

>inb4 Sup Forums did this

Nope, we don't have these numbers.

It's true. I was young and impressionable when they released the prequels. Now all I care about is having the high ground.

>tfw nfw

>Permanently

Sikhs are already running for the conservatives, in Canada

I never watched the movie, but I was told that she crashed her capital ship into another capital ship. However she didn't tell the crew because she thought they wouldn't listen because she's a wymon.

Is this correct?

>mfw I've never seen a single star wars or hurdy pooper movie in my entire life

It's sickening to know this was their honest to God intent...

What a droid could have done ten times better.

Her plan got nearly everyone killed.

... She acted like a complete fucktard high on a power trip and triggered a mutiny, then got almost everyone killed afterwards. She acted like some middle management woman who believes that to lead she has to act like a colossal bitch for little to no reason, while withholding information that is usually extremely important until she feels like giving it out, usually too late to help any fucking body.

In other words, like 85% of actual military female officers who are absolutely detested by their subordinates.

In the meantime they ejected Admiral Ackbar into fucking space off screen.

What a fucking shit movie.

Yeah I doubt that. Everyone who I know who went and saw it hated it.

Ruined all of the mechanics of space combat in Star Wars and retroactively made the Death Star a completely useless weapon.

>Star Wars watchers will remember the brave, smart, capable women of the Last Jedi
kek no they won't. They'll either hate her because she was mean to Poe or forget who she was entirely because she's less memorable than Phasma.

Why the fuck wasn't she an alien?

This. I actually have non-white normie friends tell me it was complete shit.

People give even less of a shit about these movies than they did 1,2 and 3. They will be forgotten even more than them too.

not to mention her retarded ass plan was to let the ship float around and land on a planet that has like 6 fucking flying motorcycles
so they all land on this stupid ass planet and then what?
Nobody came to their aid when called
Thus:
-they would all eventually starve to death or die of exposure/lack of water
-The nupire would just send a destroyer or keep a few in the system and kill them

>anyone
>remember this movie

Something that makes a person over the age of 10 wonder why faster than light missiles don't exist and nobody ever thought of a kamikaze attack in the star wars universe before if they're so effective.

Like, why even bother with a Death Star, FFS.

I'm not even a trekkie, but at least their shit is remotely plausible. Like, if you ask a scientist, they say that theoretically their universe could happen, but the shit in Star Wars is just because some lazy ass writer needs you to believe something so toys can be sold to kids.

Fuck off, Trudeau.

Admiral Purple hair was a terrible leader who "redeemed" herself in the eyes of the masses by kamikazing herself into Snoke's ship. But poltards know the truth. She was a shit leader who should have died sooner.

More likely they'll remember the consequences of letting them lead.

she went into lightspeed at them and ko'd it instantly, as well as every destroyer flanking it, thus now every time this didn't happen one would wonder why it hasn't been done before.
it was leia's ship, she was put in charge after leia died but then didn't die because space jesus/superman but then was hospitalized

And that women cant drive.

DON'T QUESTION AUTHORITY
>DON'T QUESTION AUTHORITY
DON'T QUESTION AUTHORITY
DON'T QUESTION AUTHORITY
DON'T QUESTION AUTHORITY
DON'T QUESTION AUTHORITY
DON'T QUESTION AUTHORITY

>Admiral Ackbar
>not being the one to suicide into the Supremacy
missed opportunity

I didn't know they were old enough to vote.

Why didn't she just transfer the people to the other ships and do it at the very beginning?

source?

Nobody I know has ever seen a single star trek movie, so it doesn't apply here

It has to be fake

Worst commander ever, I'd rather participate in a suicidal charge on enemy forces than take one order from that faggot

>obey orders without question
>white males shouldn't have any agency
Remember when Star Wars was all about the REBELLION

Seriously, they've basically flipped the core message of the original movie completely on its head. In the original movie, the Death Star is destroyed when Han Solo says 'fuck it' and takes a massive gamble to come back and help Luke, and then Luke makes the shot by turning off his targeting computer - to the confusion of the command - and doing it on instinct. I mean, that is the central theme of the Star Wars saga and its philosophical underpinning, 'the Force'. Whether you think it's a good message or not, that's what Star Wars is about.

The core message of The Last Jedi is that when guys - and it is males specifically - go off and do their own thing and come up with risky plans they totally screw everything up, and decision making should be left in the hands of sensible, middle-aged women who'll take the safe option.

You have to wonder if The Last Jedi was purely written as (Disney's head of the Lucasfilm division) Kathleen Kennedy's answer to the critics who said Force Awakens was an unoriginal rehash made by a risk-averse Disney suit who focus-grouped the movie into existence. And also an answer to the directors she's ditched over 'creative differences' (possibly because they wanted to try something original). It all boils down to 'I know what I'm doing because I'm a woman so shut up'.

nothing inspires confidence like loose pyjamas and ludicrous hair just before a major very dangerous battle!

It's probably a "if you could vote who would you vote for" thing.

>Be me, Gen X. Took my son to see it opening weekend.
>I avoided all spoilers going in and at the movie was extremely disappointed at how each character was written to be an idiot.
>Kept opinions to myself. Asked my son what he thought.
>"I actually like the lego star wars games much better than this movie."

Putting women in positions of power is suicide

because it was safe to assume they had counter measures for ftl weapons but thanks to them doing it that been blown out the water and sabotaged the whole franchise

This is exactly what I thought. Now that the showed that happening, and they showed that tiny ships can destroy massive ships, I just wonder why they don't build hundreds of tiny suicide ships. It's a huge oversight.

One thing i will never understand is how the first order literally took over the galaxy in a few days
As a stellaris player this is insulting, did they REALLY need the (((good))) guys to be resisting a bigger empire AGAIN?

vox populi ratings - kek

I just got out of the theatre. Holy shit what a fucking shit show.

Captain Phasma was supposed to be smart and capable too, and was killed off by a guy who didn't have a violent bone in his body about a week before that. What about her? Oh wait, nobody cares because she wasn't conventionally attractive.

>will remember

No they won't.
Written in complete confidence.

massive objects like that colliding at the speed of light would have the energy of...
well a lot of fucking energy. Like a small supernova

If I recall correctly, after the fall of the empire the new threat was a race of people immune to the force from another galaxy.
Too bad we didn't get those guys on the big screen.

Well, they didn't name the series Star Peace, so it kind of has to be about war.

i just cant understand how fiction rules their lives. at least our meme magick gets results

Why are there still a bunch of articles about this stupid movie?! if it was as great as they are trying to make everybody think, they wouldnt be trying so hard.

Maybe the remnants of the First Order will go all out on naked corvettes next? Only reason to watch the sequel on streaming sites.

fucked up in every conceivable way a commander can fuck up.

>did not share need-to-know information with sub-commanders
>conduct unbecoming by openly subverting the chain of command with open disrespect of a junior officer in front of his command
>refused to answer reasonable requests for information

That's just off the top of my head. At every critical decision point she choose wrong. She lost her entire command, 90# of her force, but she showed the white man who is boss.

All in all a preetty realistic outcome for a feminist command structure: utter and complete failure.

The ship blowing up was like super anime looking though

And they came from that other galaxy in planet sized warships that the emperor had foreseen in a force dream, which is why he built the deathstar in the first place and was planning on building a fleet of them.

Trade Federation Vulture Droids equipped with kamikaze hyperdrives would be the ultimate weapon. Occupy a planet with walking tanks that can defeat and repel any enemy ships with hyperspace kamikaze attacks.

Not exactly.

She took a course of action that seemed futile and upset several of the surviving members of her crew, including literally the best pilot in the rebellion. Then she refused to elaborate on that course of action, for no real reason other than to seemingly make her look like a feminist hardass who got to shut down her detractors at the end, until the disgruntled crew members staged a mutiny.

Episode 3 was great tgough

roger roger

the same reason he felt the need to save a picture of a used pink condom on the road to his hard drive

96-98 babies could vote. They are Gen Z

Nice, shill. Keep trying

We will rebuilt the galactic empire and build a new death star and purge the rebels.

>More likely they'll remember the consequences of letting them lead.
This.

How does anyone not get that this is a depiction of grossly incompetent female leadership? They didn't come across as "brave, smart, capable", they came across as arrogant, foolish, and unreasonable, who only achieved what tiny compensation that they did through absolute filmmaker ass-pulls, such as the hyperdrive ram and Rey showing up at just the right moment to open a back door to the cave and provide escape transport (and let's not forget the complete lack of response by the otherwise dogged First Order fleet to a freighter fleeing the site).

"The consequences of doubting their leadership"? Holdo's plan was to lose the entire fleet and end the Resistance as a military force, without even trying to preserve any of it. She and Leia led the few survivors to a hole to hide in, where they could call for help, *after* they lost everything and demonstrated themselves to be worthless allies, not worth taking any risk to preserve.

Only very stupid people could see anything in that film as a positive example of female leadership.

>women are capable leadership
Maybe on another star.

Liberals is the "trendy" ideology. It's filled with beliefs that people only follow because they want to fit in. Like wise, entry level geek culture has been the trendy thing to follow.
This is why liberals are unanimous young and use Star Wars and Harry Potter for everything.

>its another they're bringing in politics into another franchise and will end up killing it episode

Totally sounds like the Mass Effect plotline, with the reapers. Still, this would have been infinitely better than the absolute dogshit they've put up so far. I've been shitting on this movie everywhere I go publicly and no one gives much pushback because they realize how utterly crap the movies have been. I try to keep my mouth shut but I can't. Disney fucking ruined something really great that could have possibly become something entirely new with the whole "new threat from another side of the galaxy" shit. Could've actually seen sith/jedi pair up and team up to literally overcome this imminent evil, all the while having to deal with each other. Disney you FUCKING SUCK.

>Leia almost dies and is in a coma or whatever
>Tumblr is put in charge
>Being pursued by enemy
>Doesn't attempt to escape
>Doesn't tell anybody of her plan or even that she has a plan
>Crew mutinies she still doesn't divulge her plan
>Mutineers are stopped
>Silly boys she had a plan all along and didn't tell you because, well she didn't really have a reason not to tell you

The scene that ruined star wars forever.

>leia attack.webm
Bravo. This is the best thing to come out of TLJ.

See also:
youtube.com/watch?v=DHl6Jsgq600

He could have gone out screaming his own name. “Imma Ackbar!!!” Maybe next movie they’ll fly a couple of destroyers into the NUEmpire State Building.

How did the (authority) manage to take control of the counter culture and weaponize it for the status quo? There’s a masters thesis in their if true University arts still existed.

>Jumanji got lower than Star Wars episode 9
Jesus Christ this stuff is rigged

>Leia almost dies and is in a coma or whatever
i mean that part alone. the nignog was in a coma in-between movies, leia was in a coma (napping) for like three hours maybe?

>couldn't even be bothered to give leia a heroic sendoff

guess her hair wasn't purple enough. or maybe she's guilty for the crime of being in the good star wars movies.

Nobody who matters watches this played-out, senile and worthless corporate property anymore.

Mass Effect was nearly a straight rip from the Star Wars EU, do not flatter Bioware in any way

Yes yes, but the restored republic apparently did nothing while this small group of dudes who openly wanted to overthrow them built a huge fleet and superweapons
I'm too autistic, whenever i see something incoherent like this i just can't enjoy the movie.I know there would be no plot without this, but it's too stupid

>Leia gets sucked into space and doesn't die

Some leadership, all that remained of the rebel army at the end was the millennium falcon.