Atlas Shrugged

Just finished reading “Atlas Shrugged” ama

why did atlas shrug

this

He didn’t. It was stated in the book as a question: “If you saw Atlas, the giant who holds the world on his shoulders, if you saw that he stood, blood running down his chest, his knees buckling, his arms trembling but still trying to hold the world aloft with the last of his strength, and the greater his effort the heavier the world bore down upon his shoulders - What would you tell him?"

I…don't know. What…could he do? What would you tell him?"

To shrug.”

It’s a metaphor for the industrialists of society going on strike and “shrugging” off their burden

and what is that supposed to mean?

See

Just started chapter 5 and it's my personal philosophy in writing that I had never been able to articulate all my life. How odd. Quite a good book thus far

don't wanna aya bc I'm halfway through :)

Ayn “jewess” Rand

Cool, sounds like an interesting read. A lot of Buttcoiners are into Ayn Rand as well.

"ama"?
you're not special
fucking kill yourself

Did you think it was funny when Dagny shot the guard?

how about the part with the children orgy scene hey?

they didn't put that in the fuckin movie did they!

How was it?

Did she win you over? Have you read Mein Kampf?

The Fountainhead is better
What's up with Rand's rape fantasies?

You're thinking of IT.

It means you're not obligated to carry anyone else's burden for them.

Did you actually read all of Galt's repetitive speech or just skim over it? Be honest.

We should shrug
Fuck parasites

That book is fucking terrible isn't it? A little sense of accomplishment for finishing a book as long as the bible but overshadowed by the fact it was all fucking pointless and you could of read 10 books in the meantime.

She was a female. They all have rape fantasies. She also wrote a lot about MFM love triangles quite a bit which matched her actual life when she cucked her husband.

>could of

newfag

What the fuck, I'm getting a lesson on english by a mexican?

If you want to read the opposite of Atlas Shrugged but written in the same strawman style, Jennifer Government is the book for you. It's even relatively short, making it really the opposite of Atlas Shrugged.
Quiz Time: without resorting to Google, who is Vera Dunning? (Ayn Rand related but not Atlas Shrugged related).

I'm sure he's a Mexican Intellectual.

Exactly. I could never define what exactly my feelings were on paper, but Rand had it in 1957

Vesta Dunning, not Vera Dunning. It's been a while since I read those pages.

Good.
Didn’t have to be won over. Also no.
It was a good book. I read it in 8 days.

Who was John Galt again?

Had to google. About to read the Fountainhead so didn’t read too much into her. Might check out that book, thanks

A mover.

post tits

She was cut out of The Fountainhead completely so there really aren't much in the way of spoilers if you read about her. She only exists in pages that aren't in the novel. It might tell you a bit about Roark that you'd discover while reading the book but nothing major.

You'll need some time to reflect, especially after that ridiculous Galt speech at the end but it was a phenomenal book wasn't it?

You really have to read it for yourself to understand the buzz and the hate/fear surrounding this book.

Ok I've got a question. What do you think Rand is trying to say with the Eddie Willers character? He's an honest, good, capable man but he is seemingly doomed and discarded in the end. Surely there must be a place in the world for the average Joe with the right attitude? Not everyone can be a world class Dagny or Rearden, they're just characters after all.

of course its terrible you fucking idiots, a blueprint on how occult witches are going to take over the united states, written by rockofellers assistant lady some told her to wright it

I was really quite surprised by Rand’s decision to doom Willers to uncertainty. I assumed he would get the train started or at least have a clear death. Honestly don’t know what to think.

The average Joe with the right attitude is what the world needs, and Eddie is the kind of person John Galt was trying to get the populace to become (in my opinion.)

Jesus Christ that speech. I had to stop and start it several times. May go reread it. Could have been a boo’ in itself.

T. Rotter

Book*

Mobile posting

After reading a few pages I skip the chapter

NationStates was some of the most cancerous shit I've ever seen, but I still miss it.

What did you think of Howard Roark?

>It was a good book. I read it in 8 days.

Wrong book.
I’m an obsessive person.
Garbage.

lol! I think you missed the whole point of the book. Atlast is you and that World that you hold on your shoulders is your giant Head full of self-criticism and ideas which many won't be accomplished in your lifetime even if you try, and that leads to a lot of stress and burden.

He is probably a 100% white Castillian, while you are the first generation in your family that doesn't exclusively communicate in Mixtec.

You're probably right.

You have to go back.

What was the most retarded part?

Your comment

Oh was that part of the book?

Nice book but rand can't write sheet or her way out of owen.

How's high school treating you? Made any friends yet?

Proper Castilian Mexicans are based at grammar.

It appears to be the case that OP mistook a Sup Forums thread for Ayn Rand’s most popular work.

Well... at least you passed some time.

So did you enjoy the sexual fantasies of a jewess?