twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

;_;

because she was supposed to protect herself

Everyone needs a prince!

she was supposed to be her own

MFW I can't be her ouji-sama.

*she was supposed to be Anthy's

Stream when?

I wonder, streambro yesterday said he ~might~ come back today.
His vagueness is not unlike the spinning rose. Really makes you think.

Utena would reject being protected out of principal.

Utena is responsible for the moral, economic and political decay Japan has been afflicted by since the 90's.

The economic crash predates Utena.

Because she got CURRIED, and no one likes used goods.

Why did you protect HER Sup Forums?

Delete yourself.

She wanted it anyway.

because she's ugly

Time to go, user.

That's not how you spell ojou-sama, user-kun

why did the best girl have to suffer so much?

Being an actual lesbian is suffering

I know, right?

Juri is beautiful when she suffers too. ;_;

Rest in pieces, Utena.

what ep of GATE is this?

but is it a coincidence it still continues to this day?
the degeneration of Japan is can be traced exclusively to the release of Utena

They're laughing at him, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk

>this is Sup Forums

I always get so embarrassed when I watch this.

>Juri
>lesbian
Boipucci belongs to senpai.

Miki counts as a girl.

Jackpot

>Deagle-brand Deagle

I see what you did there.

Why aren't there more girls like Utena in anime?

Otakus feel intimidated by confident girls.

explain haruhi's popularity then

stream WHEN?

I never really felt that Utena herself was that unique, but more that the way the show treated her was unique.
If I had to choose another character she reminds me of I'd say Kino.

>implying I don't want to be her princess.

Juri=Nanami>Wakaba>Utena=Kozue>Kanae>Anthy>>Keiko>>>>>>>>>Shitori

>Kino
Utena's more like pic related to be honest. Kino is kind of too quiet.

Actually, I don't know why Wakaba isn't equal to Juri.

Oscar is what Utena thinks she is. In reality though, she's just a horny teenage girl with an Electra complex.

never

not today, sorry. Check back around this time tomorrow and we'll finish off the black rose arc and start the next, if people are still interested by then.

I will definitely be there senpai.

thank you for letting us know!

I will try to keep this thread alive until tomorrow! I will make it my goal!

She's too individualistic to accept being protected

Akio proves she is a woman at heart

Haruhi is actually insecure as fucking she just mask that pretty well.

Did anyone else have trouble relating to the characters in this show?

What? are you trying to self-insert or something?

>she's just [...] horny

Wait, what?

She's not horny at all, Utena is literally the most pure character in this entire show.

Trouble relating to the amount of sex everyone was having, yes.

Chuchu was extremely relatable though

I was/am a loner, so people devoting so much effort to their social status and image is completely foreign to me. When I was in high school I mostly just wanted to hit the gym and ride my bike

Are you telling me you didn't have a wholesome brother-sister relationship as a teenager, user?

>is completely foreign to me
Was Utena your first anime or something?

I'm a degenerate homeschooled hikki but I relate to them a million times more than I do to any 3dpd filth.

Not an incestous one, no
It's just not the sort of thing I usually watch

Hell yeah. Chuchu is underrated.

What was your favorite Utena moment?

>Utena spent months sleeping in the same building Akio fucks Anthy and didn't notice anything
>Took Nanami one fucking day to be done with this shit
I really liked that whenever Utena was stretching in Nanami's presence we were seeing her standing upside down, indicating that this episode Nanami is the sensible one and Utena is dunce.

Chuchu is literally Dios

Utena is defently an amazing anime. One of the best soundtracks ever, beautiful scene composition, all around wonderful. That scene is especially powerful.

The whole anime draws heavily from Jungian Gnostism.

Think about the symbology. This will blow your mind.

The duelist's ring is the divine spark. It's what separates the characters as higher beings (the Gnostics) and only they have the power to wield the Sword of Dios (literally means God). There is an elaborate plan to awaken Dios. Utena defeats her enemies by channeling the sword of Dios, and literally merging with God. The winner of the duel, the one closest to God, marries the Rose bride (Sophia), which often involves a change in the character of extreme self-knowledge. Remember the episode where Utena lost Anthy and than starting losing her sense of identity?

All the psychological problems of the characters involve them being obsessed with something and wanting it to be "eternal". "The Castle which contains eternity" is literally what the characters are after. Utena defeats each character, smashing their obsession with the eternal.

The idea of the Christian God as the only eternal thing and the ultimate measure, the idea that temporal things are worthless...what is this anime saying about this?

What does the character End of the World represent? He's the mysterious guy who seems to control the school (school=the world). He's associated with the castle of eternity (heaven, source of all Christian "good").

Have you noticed all the Sword Duels are on much higher elavtions, almost other planes of existence, with higher ones being unlocked as the characters gain in knowledge. This is how the Gnostic cosmology is.

What does it mean that End of the World's domain is the school? The school represents the most base material realm and we both know who the Gnostic think rule this realm.

So if Utena is a Gnostic warrior wielding the power of Dios. "Eternity" is Christian theology/heaven. End of the World is, you-know-who. Anthy is Sophia. And the school is the material realm.

What happened in the last episode? (I won't spoil it for you)
What does Utena overcoming End of the World mean?
What did the surprise reveal about the Castle of Eternity mean?
Why is that the only time we ever see outside the school is the very last episoide...and if the school is the material realm, and outside the school is shown as "greater" what does it mean that Anthy and Utena went outside the school to a better life?

Also what did it mean the Anthy called End of the World a child that never grew up in the last episode (it's the same thing I've called Constantine)? This implies she and Utena did grow up. What does it mean that they are now more mature, knowledge, (having obtained the true, ultimate Gnosis) than End of the World?

Basically in the final episode the Gnostic Warrior Utena, defeats the Demiurge, the Christian God himself. Sophia awakens to her trueself. We learn that Eternity is a fucking joke and a crutch for weak people. She transcends the material realm and goes to the higher realm, where the Demiurge cannot go.

I am pretty sure Utena is just a duel between cock and vag.

>Why is that the only time we ever see outside the school is the very last episoide
Somebody forgot the best episode

Reminder that Juri would be 2-0 vs Utena if not for Deus Ex Machina.

very true.
she truly is the best girl.

>Why is that the only time we ever see outside the school is the very last episoide
ehhhhh
Didn't we see it when Wakaba went home to see Saionji though?

>protecting females

>>>/1950s/

Why is shoujo so weird?

Girls are weird and gross

It's tailor made for girls to like it, of course it's gonna be fucked up

Women are so physically weak and neurotic it's kinda funny

Women like to watch crazy stuff in their anime/manga

She's a butch lez.
I don't give a fuck about her or her problems.
Besides, the dyke can take care of herself.

this is like utenageeks or something

>utena
>a lesbian

humans in general, eh, can't be helped

>lesbo
I think Akio might have a few things to say about that.

I think most people have never read RoV, Oscar is a mary sue all the way in.

>Oscar is a mary sue all the way in.
If Oscar is a mary sue, then why does she die?
Also that's just another reason why she's like Utena, to be honest.

I hat3 to be the one to break it to you, but women's bodies are frail as fuck

>does she die
Another note on that, I really don't like the way they killed her off, and especially Andre too. I just felt they deserved a more climactic way to go. Like in a duel or something. But then again, I guess it makes sense they died the way they did.

I meant READ RoV, the anime is better. Oscar only has a shread of a complex personality when France is already downhill enough but hey who cares every single male character will try to rape her.

>READ
Oh I see. Is the manga really that different from the series? I didn't even know, I thought it was essentially the same.

The anime is better, not that the changes are absurd but they were a improvement over the original.

Is it worth reading? I'm curious now.

because used goods.

It's only 10 books, why not? I like Antoniette far more in the manga, she was naive but when shit started hitting the fan she had to learn and the realization of it being too late is quite sad.
The anime has a better Oscar, manga has a decent pace for the readers to understand how the royal family was changing, especially Marie.

I wasn't strong enough ;_;