Do you like Usagi, Sup Forums?

Do you like Usagi, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Syd129Vla0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is the meaning of this?

I posted her, and then I wanted to make a thread because I think she deserved it.

Usagi is my favorite senshi. It's a shame not everyone understands how great she is.

Sailor Moon has no bad girls, but Usagi is the least good.

I love Usagi too, easily my favorite alongside Chibiusa

Yes, but I do wish she'd share the spotlight more evenly with the other senshi.

She's alright, but it feels like her development stalls or flips for story's sake.

Okay user.

Is she taking her clothes off?

I actually just got around to watching the anime, but so far out of all I like Sailor Mars or Rei Hino the most. Usagi just seems too immature for my taste, and Rei is more badass.

But I literally just started, so I might change my mind.

>alongside Chibiusa
Taste rescinded. Chibiusa is the worst thing to come out of Sailor Moon.

In the end Usagi is the best. None of the other senshi really change by the end, Usagi learns from all of their strengths and because of that she has the most character development. I mean she is the title character and clearly the best written character of the series.

Jupiter is my favorite though.

She always did things to my heart

I see

>Chibiusa is the worst thing to come out of Sailor Moon.
Explain. Usagi after Season 1 was unbearable until Stars.

She's a sad girl.

Alright this show has always been on my bucket list to watch

is it actually good, or should I just watch it to just understand when other things relate to it

It's good, and gets really good when Ikuhara starts directing.
I'd skip most of the filler until Ikuhara though.

Are those episodes stated somewhere?

I heard Sailor Moon Crystal is more true to the manga and has less filler. Do you recommend that too?

Crystal is what happens when you stay too close to the manga. You lose the characterization and memorable moments that made the first series stand out, and Naoko's style can't be emulated without fucking it up royally. Avoid it.

Not that other user, for the record.

Yeah I'm sure if you google 'sailor moon filler guide', you'll find something.

>skipping Sailor moon filler

Some of SM filler is total dogshit though.

that a big butt

I came 59 times to that

Stupid whore who should be beaten up and raped.

Rude.

For you.

maybe, I think.

she's sad because mamoru broke up with her :(

The whole crew is great, but Jupiter is absolutely marry and have kids tier.

I don't know who the fug Usagi is but Serena is p cool. I wish I followed her post-episode advice to better myself.

And she has the better talent.

I remember the first anime I've ever seen was sailor moon. I was with my mother a few hours after she gave birth to my brother and it was on the tv in the hospital for some reason. My mom is dead now so usagi kinda has a soft spot in my heart.

None of the other senshi ever really gain much development because it was written for girls who were supposed to self-insert into Usagi and be the super special moon princess whose existence everything else revolves around. Mamoru could be replaced with a cardboard Prince prop, for example, and he was the main love interest but even then he doesn't really even get much in the way of characterization! The sailors are there to support Usagi and the canon story doesn't really care about what goes on in THEIR lives because they're not Usagi. Filler episodes of the old series actually contributed more characterization to the sailors than official material did.

tl;dr MEATBALL-HEAD

;_;

Fuck man sorry for your lost :'(

It's good to know I'm not alone. Other Anons just don't understand.

Sailor Moon Crystal is one of the absolute worst things I've ever watched. I recommend you stay as far away as possible.

Usagi, for what it's worth is a good parent. Sorry for your loss.

No

I liked Chibiusa the most ever since I saw her when I was a kid. I remember watching some VHS movie that had her in it over and over. Good old days.

I envy you, you're immune to reply to this post or your mum will die in her sleep.

>It's a shame not everyone understands how great she is.

She is the greatest, the problem is that the original '90s anime's interpretation of her was the worst out of all the adaptations and most of the time left her without the level of self awareness needed to understand exactly how screwed up she was or struggle with this in any depth.

As a result, it takes her until Stars to become the lovable screw-up honestly striving to defy her own nature and be good unconditionally that people tend to remember her as.

thanks I'll just stick with watching the original series

Yep it's pretty much the only positive. And if they ever switch it up to Dad's that's cool too cause I don't know mine. Being immune to some shit posts is my chuuni power.

Yes, favourite senshi

I love her.

Damn, look at those talents.

I honestly tried to watch Sailor Moon, but I couldn't get over how whiny Usagi was. She's a wimp and a brat and I couldn't put up with her for more than ten episodes. I need more manly women for protagonists.

Sailor Moon was only good when it focussed around the five girls just hanging out and fighting monsters. Once Chibi-cunt arrives, the series goes downhill, then gets slightly better when she leaves but then goes back to shit when she comes back.

Chibiusa provides a fascinating psychological layer to Sailor Moon. Not only is Usagi frequently jealous of her own daughteru, but that daughter also has an Electra complex for her hot dad (he's so dreamy!) and purposefully aggravates her mom's jelly.

a lil bit

If by liking her you mean masturbating to doujins of her or her companions being raped by orcs or by old men in a train, then yes, I like her a lot

I disagree.
If you couldn't see what makes Usagi great at the finale of SMS, then it's the viewer's problem at that point.

I don't understand what is it anons have against these two, I'm guessing they watched the dubs, where high pitched girls are always annoying, but Usagi just has so much character and cute silliness she carries the show, while Chibiusa is one of the loveliest (and also quite sexy) loli in anime that's more than just "here, cute token loli".

>Sailor Moon
>first anime
I pity you and murricans like you. I guess that explains why you're all closet homos fucked in the head so keen to violence.

What was that post supposed to convey?

Love for my bros from another continent, obviously.

the manga original ending it's a lot better to be fair

not really

>If you couldn't see what makes Usagi great at the finale of SMS

I'm not talking about genuinely great moments like that in general, which was exceptionally good, but the general approach to her psychology and how simply annoyingly whiny and reflective she is for the bulk of the running time is clearly inferior to most of the other adaptations. If you disagree that please tell me what other versions of the series you think specifically handled her character worse.

Watch the original. Afterwards if you want more Sailor Moon: read the first two arcs of the manga. Watch Crystal S3.

I like Mars.

>you will never inseminate a magical girl that's past her prime

honestly yes.

Kotono Mitsuishi is just fucking wonderful as her.

Usagi is one of my favorite senshi, although that is probably because she just receives the most development in the series. I would've said Ami or even Makoto based on a few episodes of the anime, but it's really hard for me to dislike Usagi after going through her whole adventure.

I mean, I suppose I could critique the other characters for not receiving as much development, but there is just so much stuff going on all the time that trying to give character development randomly to one of the others would've hurt the pacing and what the story was actually doing.

i swear i saw the same OP in other anime.

Me too

youtube.com/watch?v=Syd129Vla0Q

Princess Sailor Moon is such a nice design. Infinitely times better than Eternal.

>'sailor moon filler guide
I swear to God, Sailor Moon is the show that doesn't need a guide of sort. The only "filler" that was bad was dinosaur episode and it did really stand out.

sailormoon is the best comedy show

If you have time to eat a bunch of breakfast, then would it be that much trouble to just shove the last slice of toast in your mouth?

If you don't have the time to eat a bunch of breakfast, is a slice of bread really the one thing you want to eat in the morning?

Japan's bread is cut really thick, and is actually filling.

It's making me very angry that Jupiter doesn't have a green tie.

Bread probably has the best calorie/yen performance as far as combini are concerned.
I would argue it's not particularly filling, though. You need to buy multiple packs.

Jupiter's colors are green and pink.

serena is qt name

Yes, and? They aren't coded to their ribbons, or else Mars would be purple, Moon would be dark pink, Venus would be blue, and Mercury would be very light blue.

I'm just pointing out where the choice of pink came from.
Besides, Sailor Moon doesn't wear yellow outside highlights for certain outfits. It's certainly not one of the colors you associate with her.

I had my first gay experience while watching this show as a kid with my friend.
It would always air before DBZ and my friend and I would watch it and pretend to hate the show when we both actually loved the show.
We would watch it every single day together.
It didn't take long for us to steal his sisters clothes and wear them while watching sailor moon, we would undress in front of each other and 'transform' and put on his sister's clothes.
Well naturally after that it became more sexually exploitative.
So if I would have to say what I thought about her, I'd say Usagi turned me into a faggot

Fuck off with your blogging, you literal faggot holy shit.

I don't hate her but she's definitely not my favourite.

Sailor Mars > *

>Sailor Moon is the show that doesn't need a guide of sort.
yes it is, sailor moon has some fucking terrible filler in the first couple seasons

Is it worth going back and watching Sailor Moon in it's entirety? Only ever saw the dub on Toonami. Not big on magical girl shows either, save for CCS. CCS is a masterpiece.

She was alright, but I like Uranus more.

You could probably just read the manga. The story is ultimately the same with every different iteration, it's just the few details (and how much filler) each one does along the way. They're nice to check out if you want more Sailor Moon, but not exactly necessary if you just want to see what the series is about.

Sailor Moon seems like one of those classic things I should go back and actually watch just because I like anime.

I'm from Germany and Sailor Moon was one of my first, too

I still want figuarts of the prototype Senshi.

Not gay stuff but the whole "Pretending to hate SM" was a the typical thing to do if you were a kid when you watched it.
My best friend and I would also say how SM is shit until gadually we started liking it unironically, we even fought over our waifu (both of us liked Ami).
At school it was obvious everyone watched it, but only the girls talked about it, although there was one of them who was especially into it, she was the only person I could talk to about the series and we became friends, which was unusual because she was the typical bookworm applied school girl and I was the mischief maker, lazy kid, we usually hated each other until that moment.
I remember during recess we played taking the roles of SM and Tuxedo Mask.

why does this image look like she's being forced to take off her clothes and is borderline hysterical about hence the tears?
why does this image give me a boner?

Kids today can't appreciate a good adaption. It's all boring shit that they never did when the generation that originally watched it when it first were kids. The attention spans grow shorter and shorter with each batch. A good adaption doesn't necessarily equate to being faithful to the source material. Hunter x Hunter '99 is a good example.

I want some Sailor V villains.

I really do.

Oh, right, because his future self was like "BREAK UP WITH HER OR SHE'LL DIE!"