youtube.com/watch?v=owFQKBqfEWE&t=24s
youtube.com/watch?v=-WcHPFUwd6U
youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9AWegauJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

YES

blu-ray when?

>Your Name $328,013,836
>Frozen $1,287,000,000

Will Anime ever surpass Disney? I don't think so.

FINDS

of course not. They're fucking disney. They have making solid, souless but likable movies down to an exact science. Anime are pervy nip cartoons that corrupt children with pantyshots. They will never be able to compete with hollywood.

EHHHHH?

What about koe no katashit?

Japan need to learn to market and do english audio in the West at same time it release in Japan. Americans market their product globally

To those who want to enjoy this movie without sitting on your ass for 2 hours consisting of
>50 minutes of nothing fucking happens
>next hour of Mitsuha tripping all over the place like a retard

youtube.com/watch?v=owFQKBqfEWE&t=24s

>not in local theaters
Fuck this shitty island. You bring Frieza and Wind Rises, but not this? Fuck.

>He thinks anny-may will ever reach the height of Disney

I hope normalfags don't take over more than they have already.

Hollywood adaptation when?

Considering it had a budget that was apparently lower than the average animu film, it probably beat Frozen in percentages. Frozen had a 150mil budget but I can't find any figures on Your Name

Do you think funimation did a better job subbing this for theaters than they do subbing simulcasts? I'm a litte worried.

Nothing stopping Japan from making their own animated movies about children's fairy tales which all belong in the public domain by the way.

And Disney can't do shit about it just like how the family descendants of the Hunchback of Notre Dame's author couldn't do shit to prevent Disney from making that Hunchback movie.

What's their secret? It was a good movie yes, but i don't think it deserves THIS amount of success.

It's very normie-friendly.

>150mil budget
I can't believe it costs that much to produce. Where does the money go?

>KimiNawa gets a 98 on Rotten Tomatoes
>BotW gets a 97 on Metacritic

Japan confirmed for best entertainment of the decade?

yaa gomen gomen

>BotW
Lea

what does her spit sake taste like bros?

CGI is expensive as fuck, expecially in animation

family friendly fetish-fuel.

Probably similar to your own, a this very moment.

>when she gets mad at you because you fondled her breasts even though she jerked off every single time you two swapped

Exactly who's the pervert? What's wrong with this bitch?

If CGI is that expensive they should go back to traditional animation.

oh my

I don't know why Disney went CGI. Why fix something that's not broken? Disney's drawn animation was always better than the best anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=-WcHPFUwd6U

>morning
who does this?

You also have to consider the fact that american voice actors are also much better paid then seiyuus in feature filmes. I don't know if kristen bell and idina menzel would be all the pricey compaired to some, but they couldn't have been cheap.

and then they went full live action

I do, sometimes. Wakes me up nice.

KYONANUSKEKS BTFO!

Because pixar was outselling them, so they did an image change to resemble them more. Emperor's new groove, treasure planet, and lilo and stich were all great movies (altlantis not so much) but they were all finanial disappointments compared to the renaissance films. They went for a full image change with chicken little, bolt and meet the robinsons, changing both the animation style and the tone of the movies from fantasy fairytales to less ambitious comedies. None of those panned out, so they went back to formula with princess and the frog, and that also didnt sell as well as they wanted. Then they kept the cgi and the formula fairytale script with tangled and finally had results. This led them to the conclusion that it's CGI and film titles that are also adjectives that sell movies, evidently.

>cgi
>expensive
Try hiring a bunch of people to produce an entire film frame by frame, how on earth could using a computer be more expensive?
With traditional animation you have the actual artists, the people draw the characters, then people who inspect the drawings and make corrections, then the people who transfer it onto celluloid, then people who color in the characters, and then a bunch of other shit that I won't go into detail because you probably understand that using computers is easier and more cost effective that traditional animation.

Run out of manliness for the day desu

>facebook post
>normalfags and Sup Forums expose themselves
Please try harder to adhere to board culture next time faggots.

I'm not sure. There's a lot of variables that go into cgi animation. You have to make sure the lighting looks natural, for one. You have to spend a lot of time fussing over the physics of things that move in a complicated fashion like hair and clothing. I don't know the exact process they go through, but I assume every scene takes quite a bit of work to make these rigid constrcuts appear as though they are moving naturally within an environment. It all seems like a lot of work for something you could just draw. Traditional animation is wonderful because there are no barriers of technology or uncanny valley to get in the way. Whatever you can imagine you can draw, and it will never look outdated in 5 years.

And 3D animation requires you to do all that and more but in three dimensions on expensive hardware and working around rendering times. Then we have to factor in the fact that Disney has an engineering team inventing new computer animation techniques for every film they make.

This, CGI is different and it's process and problems are different from traditional, but it still takes a whole lot of work.
Traditional animation also has the advantages of limited animation and tricking the human eye in various ways. CGI can't really do this.

SAY IT WITH ME BROS
KYOANI
B
T
F
O

Wait, what?

I went into it with no expectations and it was the laziest and all-around one of the worst feature-length anime I've ever seen.

Watched it with two buddies and we trashed every minute of it.

Who's going to see this tomorrow?

Im taking my sister to see ti

Have you fucker her yet?

>12 reviews
Who cares

I see your tarzan and raise you a treasure planet.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9AWegauJM

>3D imouto
get that shit outta here im going to use her to get weeb girls

How do I unsubscribe from this facebook page?

Kill yourself.

youre just mad you missed the quads by 6 and that you dont have a little sister to use

I see that with cgi it could be harder to get the visuals of a film down, but that doesn't necessarily mean its more expensive.
With traditional animation you have a significantly larger group of people working on the animation frame by frame.
I can't explain the full detail of this so I'll give you this.
Many studios decided to outsource their animation jobs to other countries where they could charge the workers less, in the 60s I think it was Czechoslovakia and in modern times you see this kind of animating work being done in Asian countries such as South Korea.

>RT
If you take this site seriously you're no better than Sup Forums.

kek, it's (((disney)))

>i cant believe ground breaking, fully-animated, feature-length CGI, along with celebrity voice acting and years of development cost the most expensive animation studio in the world a lot of money to do

I can't believe you're shocked.

is this really only showing for one day in theaters?
I need clarification on this

Nothing wrong with fapping in the morning, but fapping during morning shower?

Why should I care what some reviewers think? Reviewers who almost certainly watched the dub, for that matter.

nah its like a whole week

Here it's scheduled for at least a week in a few chain theaters, which means it'll be around for a few weeks as it makes the rounds.