Was he in the right?

Was he in the right?

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/shiki/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, the right course of action would have been to take a dozen levels in cleric instead of learning outdated medical skills. Then he would have been able to take care of the villages health related issues faster, and he would have wiped out the vampires as they arrived.

Nah senpai

No, fuck that guy.
He willfully withheld the truth from the village which led directly to the death of that crazy old woman.

Also Sunako did nothing wrong, she just needed more head pats.

best boy
the only reason to watch that mess

I dont think anyone on either side was in the right

Most of the characters were in the right since they were just trying to survive. Monk and the pink-haired bitch were the only wrong ones.

He tried to warn them and they refused to listen so he went with plan B, which worked (albeit at a high cost). He did nothing wrong.

Where does this sentiment on Sup Forums that the monk was obliged to save the village that he hated come from?

Vampires where certainly not in the right.
They had the ability to drink unnoticed from victims and feeding once or twice didn't kill people.
But they choose to drain them till death anyway.

if the Shiki didn't continuously go for the same person, the target would slowly regain their memory and uncover them, so they did not have that choice

When was that shown? I don't remember anyone progressing beyond "I had some weird fever dream." if even that. Was it something the loli vampire just said?

not even once

I seriously hope no one here is a Shiki apologist.

yes
this show would be best of all time if not for fucking junior monk
fuck him fucking traitor, deserves to be purged like the rest of the filth
if blacksmith had been able to finish off the little girl it would've been a perfect ending

>destroys the village he was supposed to protect by attempting to genocide the Shikis

He was just another small-minded, petty hick.

Consider the threat he went against everything was pretty much justified.
I wonder about the option "left the village" chosen by Tohru's parents though. If the doctor choose the pacifist route and somehow able to convince and evacuate most of the villagers and left the village instead, what would the story turn out? Would Sunako 's group just stay in their little paradise or they wound end up having to hunt down human from other villages instead? If it is the second outcome then the doctor just save humanity from vampire overall by fighting back instead of runnong away.
Pretty sure Rika would more than agree with doc's method if they are in the same situation.

Fuck that faggot monk

There came a point where I was almost rooting for the vampires due to how retarded the village was. Then I went back to rooting for the humans because of how shit the vampires were at controlling the humans.

Little miss dictator wanted a kingdom but completely ignored the whole "how to rule" bit, delegating all of that to her brutish mutt. Her entire plan rested on the populace being too stupid to realize what was happening, and even then - what next? As evidenced, her loyal inner circle wasn't that big. 50-100 more shikis and there's a good chance of a vampire rebellion.

You can rule through fear, respect, money, but even in anime you can't really get by converting much of a village into undeath against their will by playing it cool.

tl;dr I'd watch a premise like this again with a more competent vampire.

I know Mannlet is not a competent vampire.

I'm pretty sure Sunako's taking care of that.

Hell yeah he was right the villagers didn't ask to be turned into vampires,they were forcing a situation on them, fuck that ending and fuck that bitch ass monk

tumblr leave.

KOMRADE OZAKI GIVE US A FULL SUPPORT ON REVOLUTION

Yes.

nope

100%

LOCAL MONK RUINS EVERYTHING

>Hammering vampire scum left and right as efficiently as possible
>Suddenly decides he need to explain to the loli abomination why she deserves to die so the monk has time to kill him
Fuck this shit.

If anyone is interested, more than half of the novels got translated:
novelupdates.com/series/shiki/

Absolutely

Probably extrapolation from that woman who slowly recovered and started remembering things. It's still not a point made by the show though.

I have a hard time believing that anyone would think that the doctor was wrong and that the shiki were right or the good guys.
I mean did we even watch the same show?
How can anyone root for the shiki?

Megumi deserved a happy ending

ITT:
/tg/

For me personally it's more the fact that he screwed over his friend.

Superior sense of style.

>hasn't been posted yet

Better dead then red.
Megumi made the right choice.

I never got why they were being painted as victims in the last episodes, they were all crying and begging for mercy.

The other thing i didn't get is why they had to kill no matter what instead of draining humans and letting them fill back up.

>vampires go full berserker mode bullying and killing people left and right
>waah why are they killing us it's no fair if they fight back

It was extremely important that the little bloodsucking bitch be utterly broken and shown how ultimately weak and foolish she was compared to the might of man. No one could've predicted that prick would survive and become an immortal super vampire.

Isn't it implied she died in the fire anyway? she didn't want to run

No she's in the trunk in the back of the car monk is driving in the closing scene of the series.

Not really, but I liked him anyways.

The sewer scene was GOAT
Any other military/political style supernatural horror anime?

What was supposed to have happened in the very last scene?

The final shot of the series is fgt monk driving away from Sotoba with loli vamp in the case in the back seat.
It implies that though this nightmare is over the curse of the okiagari lives on.

>disease that causes psuedo-immortality with a minor drawback (or none at all in the case of the werewolf strain?) that could very feasibly be addessed by technology
>hurr durr better wipe it out

I mean, he was justified in that he was acting in the defense of the village, but he was pretty short-sighted overall. Within the scope of the author considered though, he was a pretty cool guy.

Monk is terrible but this is some cool art.

>How can anyone root for the shiki?

I used to argue with this one user in every shiki thread who believed Monk was in the right and vamp loli did nothing wrong.

I think he's dead now.

I don't even remember what the monk's motive/ideology was, but from the vampires' perspective she arguably didn't. Sunako was very self-aware of the self-defeating nature of vampires, but she wanted to carve out a home for herself because, as a former human, she had the same drives and instincts as any other human. The main criticism against her is against her methods, not her goal.

>I never got why they were being painted as victims in the last episodes, they were all crying and begging for mercy.
How is crying and begging for mercy when being killed in a ruthless and agonizing fashion "being painted as victims"? Should all those people who were average joes like a month ago have been mustache-twirling villains?

>The other thing i didn't get is why they had to kill no matter what instead of draining humans and letting them fill back up.
This was either a plothole or poorly executed. Ozaki's test when he mixed blood in a vial should have meant that anyone who ever gets bitten would be infected by vampirism no matter what. I get the author wanted to make sure enthrallment was an element in the story to motivate human-on-human cruelty, but they could have simply made the process much slower unless the person is drained entirely.

I forgive her because she was eternally a child and couldn't think things through logically. She surrounded herself with idiots who had no sense of self preservation until the end though.

my morals are all but nonexistent, but I still feel I'd take his side if I was a decent human being.

How would one go about fucking a okiagari?
I mean of you rolled one up in an electric blanket for a few hours sire they'd be comfortably warm enough for copulation.
If megumi for example was a Virgin would her hymen continuously regrow around your cock?

>minor drawback that could very feasibly be addessed by technology
What technology?
We don't even know for sure that vampires can sustain themselves on cloned blood.
Even if they can, there's likely to be a certain percentage of psychos who just say 'fuck all that' and go on killing humans for shits and giggles.
And when vampirism spreads so fast that neither cloned blood supply keeps up, nor there are enough humans for vampires to feed on, what do the stupid bloodsuckers do?

Hellsing, but it's shit.

The monk is a faggot and everything would be alright if he sided against the loli.

He was mostly in the right because vampires were attacking the village.

HOWEVER I don't like the way he treated his wife or gf or whoever she was. It was a very ugly and hurtful scene to watch.

>experimenting on a corpse to save a bunch of lives is bad

So blood banks are useless?

>It was a very ugly and hurtful scene to watch.
But not as ugly as his wife!

Yes. The vampires shot first.

He hurt her. She was married to him and when you are married, you swear to love them forever. She was dead but it still hurt also even if she was 100% a corpse then you still should treat someone's remains with respect if they are your wife.

Just an ugly scene and his lowpoint. You should treat your own wife a lot better than that.

>to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, UNTIL DEATH DO US PART.

The vows don't last forever.

>you swear to love them forever.
No, you swear till death do us part. And she was already dead.

Still not okay imho. That's following the letter of the vow but not the spirit of the vow (since obviously vows weren't made with vampire situations in mind). She's dead but still conscious and still hurting and still afraid. What kind of husband would do that to her?

Even in death, you owe your spouse your continued prayers, a nice burial, kind words at a funeral etc. To treat even their deaths with dignity and respect. He didn't give her that. He treated her like garbage in death. Its wrong.

It was necessary.

I don't buy it. Even if his experiments were necessary, his coldness towards her was not necessary.

Also I think that a spousal bond should come before nearly anything, yes, even the village if it came down to it. He didn't swear himself to the village. He swore himself to his wife. What is best for her? What is best for their relationship? And personally I don't accept the "death" loophole here, since as said it doesn't follow the spirit of the vow.

By far its a very ugly and difficult scene. I think its supposed to be.

By your cuck logic if your spouse turns into a zombie you shouldn't shoot them, and should just let them eat your brains and probably their son's brains as well. Just fuck off.

First of all, Zombies are just pretend. Second of all, if my fiance turned into a zombie but was still conscious and scared etc. I would never torture him. Maybe shoot him if it is a painless shot so he can pass on etc. (Even then I would be crying very hard and letting him know I love him) But never torture or experiment etc.

Since when is showing love and devotion to your WIFE a "cucker" thing? If anything its the other way around.

Of course. The shiki were a violent invasive group that tried to massacre the entire village. Doc and the other villagers were completely justified in exterminating the vermin.

Boo-hoo I'm being forced into the family business and I don't want to be a monk! Better team up with the woman-child vampire and support her god complex by putting no blame for anything on her and being compliant in her massacre of my friends and family.

Monk was just an all-around piece of shit.

Exterminated all filthy vermins whatever it takes, is he /ourguy/?

This is false we all know Megumi escaped to have a never ending fun life in the city!

I prefer her portrayal in the novel it's much more sympathetic as well asore believable.
And the way Dr. Ozaki teases her when he's inspecting her before her death is beyond cute.

I'd kill every single one of you faggots without hesitating if it mean protecting her smile.