This way of holding bags

>oh look I'm killing my wrist to death
Do Japanese schoolboys really hold their bags like this? They seem to be shown doing it all the time in anime. Why not get a backpack or a messenger bag instead of cocking your wrist back over 90 degrees under the weight of the whole bag?

Also
>walking with your eyes closed

Because they think it makes them look cool.

>over 90 degrees
That's less than 90°.
And the weight of the bag doesn't pull the wrist down because the cords are going over the shoulder.

Depends entirely on the length of your strap. I've carried my gym bag that way for hours on end without it causing me any grief.

Before you ask why I carried my gym bag for hours on end, I used to live quite a distance from the gym and I walked.

His strap looks pretty short.

>And the weight of the bag doesn't pull the wrist down because the cords are going over the shoulder.
How do I physics?

>How do I physics?
Apparently you don't do physics at all. I would recommend you just try it out yourself.

Your wrist is still taking all of the weight. If you were to just let go, the cords would slide over your shoulder and the bag would fall. Your shoulder is just a really shitty pulley that doesn't move.

I hold shit like this all the time and never realized I got it from anime

If I caught you doing that in real life I would bully you.

Holy fucking shit is your wrists so fucking weak that you cant stand having extra kilo or two on it?
Just fucking try holding it that way, bag is light and not filled with 9000000 books you cum guzzling faggot, it's sometimes even comfy that way. It depends on everything really. You are a typical kind of faggot who never did anything besides thinking about it, similar to benchracers.

Stop judging people user. They can do whatever the fuck they want and it ain't your business to do jack shit.

When i was a student I do it every day. It looks super cool, dude

Actually tried it with heavy shopping once, it was actually worse than just letting it dangle.

is this the content we discuss on Sup Forums now?

>killing your wrist
are you weak or something, what the fuck

you train that static hold when bench pressing; you have to keep the bar upright, but it naturally wants to lean back (as if a force was pushing into your palm), and this doesn't hurt your wrist. it only starts hurting your wrist if you bend back 90 degrees AND it is a significant weight.

t. someone who had poor form on bench at one point

His wrist is clearly at a 90 degree angle. He's letting a stretched wrist take all the strain.

>Your wrist is still taking all of the weight.
Right, but it's pulling into a different direction than you think. Furthermore, your wrist is leaning against the shoulder.
There is no danger to your wrist.

Yes, but does his bag really weigh 10 kgs or more? Besides, realistically, when I carry something like this over my shoulder, I don't do it at a 90 degree angle, even if my palm is facing forward.

God forbid anyone talk about something other than who the most powerful DBZ character is and whose waifu is better

Sup Forums is only for serious matters! No fun allowed!

well, we still haven't gotten to a consensus for both those topics, so thanks for opening the discussions once more. I think Son Goku is the most powerful and my waifu Yui is the best there is

Their eyes aren't closed, they're just being realistically drawn, for once.

Honestly all bags that aren't backpacks are fucking shit tier.

>Furthermore, your wrist is leaning against the shoulder.
try touching the back of your wrist to your shoulder. Right now. That shit ain't comfy.

Now?

Sorry, but apparently I'm more flexible than you.

fuck off

You are moving the goalposts.

Pics or you're not doing it right.

Are you suggesting that a troll argument over how anime characters hold bags is a higher level of discourse than waifus or DBZ powerlevels? Fuck, this place gets dumber every day.

You can't do it right without a weight anyway. The muscles push the two apart. It's only when you a weight pulls the hand towards the shoulder that you can relax the arm and thus get the proper posture.
I will not post a picture of myself. But here is a stock image. Note how the hand is resting on the shoulder and cannot move any further.
You will also note that her hand is not at a 90° angle, just like the guy in your OP image.

Also, the wrist is lower than the shoulder and can thus only be pulled upwards.
It cannot be bent further from the weight of whatever you are carrying.

I don't carry my bags like that because I don't use bags that would suit it and also because I prefer not to look like a giant faggot. That being said, its a pretty decent way to carry things, especially if it is something heavy cos adjusting every so often in and out of this hold can really help.
I hope you don't mean you used plastic shopping bags like that. The plastic straps fucking suck for it.

Gohan is stronger than Goku and Mio is superior.

>I hope you don't mean you used plastic shopping bags like that
No, it was a reusable fabric shopping bag with a thick rope handle that I have to carry around now because my state passed a law that plastic bags cost 20 cents each.

>not spending an extra 40 cents per shopping trip to do your own part to ruin Earth just a little bit further

Vegeta is stronger than the both of them. Remember,RoF is still part of Z and we don't know if EoZ will be retconned yet.

I have never held one of those like that but it seems that they would be better.
I guess not by much.

>have narrow shoulders like a bitch
>disaster ensues every time I carry something like that
>can't stop unconsciously doing it because I'm too cool
You have no idea of my burden.

I hold things like this too, I don't see how it would hurt.

Only pussies hold it like that

At least we all can agree that you're waifu is a shit

I do it even more now that I have to suit up for work

don't know about school bags, but when it comes to front squatting it's better to have the barbell rest on your index and middle finger and basically use them as guidance and have the weight rest on your shoulders instead of your palm since that requires a lot of wrist mobility and can cause injury

The weight of the bag is over your shoulder, so it's pulling your hand up, meaning it's not actually putting any stress on the joint at all.
Go back to school holy fuck.

Uhm sorry but it absolutely is, powerlevels and waifufagging are the ABSOLUTE, no-exceptions, bottom-of-the-barrel conversation topics possible.

Exactly, OP's an ameritard who doesn't wear any kind of formal clothing. You don't wear a backpack over a blazer.

I once read that backpacks are considered an otaku thing in Japan, not sure if that's true though.