Serious question, what were Nazi Germany's chances of winning Stalingrad? What next if they'd have won?

Serious question, what were Nazi Germany's chances of winning Stalingrad? What next if they'd have won?

they could have won, if Hitler didnt sent the reinforcment that was going there to the caucauses. after that i guess they would finish the seige of leningrad and moved onto moscow. after that its anyones guess. maybe they would halt there and invade the lavant

If hitler wasn't argonnt his army could have servive but why the battle of stalingrad didn't the germans try to invade moscow and leningrad

Stalingrad is not the first time Hitler got owned.

Nazis started slowly winning in Stalingrad, pushing soviets out of the city.

Its Italians and Romanians who failed to hold north flank, far behind to the north-west from Stalingrad, which allowed soviets to encircle 6th Army

Without supply line, 6th army could only hold as long as possible, they been surrounded and could not continue their offensive operation in the city...

So yes if not Romanians and Italians, 6th Army would win the battle of Stalingrad.

>Romanians and Italians
Fucking shitskins truly ruin everything.

Nothing, they would have a razed city on their hands with little to no logistical support, while Soviets still kept bringing fresh troops from Siberia, and the factories were still hundreds of miles away.
Yugoslav partisans would still keep pestering them on the Balkans, creating a safe landing zone for allied invasion.

Then again it was a German strategic mistake to underestimate the capabilities of red army. Especially Romanians were so horribly underequipped (they were completely reliant on AT-guns they got from Germans) that they could not have held the line. It was impossible, there was literally nothing they could do against the armored Russian forces, not even slow them down. When the high command realized that, it was already too late.

Little to none. Their hopes of accomplishing anything in Russia died when hitler split the army group to take Stalingrad and Baku. The Russians burned the oil fields stranding any reinforcements the 6th army could have gotten.

>Soviets still kept bringing fresh troops from Siberia
How many troops did they have tbqh? Obviously they were going to run out some time.

Germans are exceptionally bad at finding allies

The Wehrmacht failed to properly supply the Hungarians and Romanians that they tasked with holding the flanks. They were defending against tank assaults with nothing but rifles and hand grenades. There would have been no encirclement otherwise

To bei fair, they did not underestimate the capabilities of red army but the capability of the western powers to support it. The russians was fucked up big time in the border incidents with the japanese and in the Karelian war
Romania was absolutly third world yes. but italy wasn't by default a weak nation. The italian navy was massive but basicly crippled from day one after Taranto

the soviets had the largest standing army on earth from 1942 on, and they suffered massive casualties. Around the time of the battle of Kursk the monthly casualties were getting so bad that (from soviet documents) the Soviet high command was considering a seperate peace deal as men were dying faster than replacements could be sent to the front. Had Hitler not cucked Manstein and fucked up at Kursk the outcome of the war might have been different.

the problem is, we see non germans all equally inferior. thats the problem when you are the master race. you dont know what race X is capable of, should race Y trated the same as race Z? should we equp race X the same way we did race Y?
we dont know. its really hard to find good allies when you see everyone as equally trash

They didn't win, get over it loser.

Wasn't moscow the turning point?

>Trusting Romanians
He deserved to lose

Isn't it the other way? Nations hat are capable of something are superior to those who are not?

t. JIDF

Battle of britain was basicly the turning point, from there on germany lost air superiority and couldn't keep up its war industry due to bombardements anymore

10/10 this, never put Romanians on your flanks

They lost the war and the waste majority of their veterans on the approach to Moscow. The greatest thing Hitler did was stopping the Russian counter-attack from becoming a full blown rout.

Stalingrad was practically german territory, the russian reserves fucked our shit up senpai, along with the shit weather and collapsing supply lines due to the northern front failing

It really goes back to the first 6 months of Operation Barbarossa, these months were extremely crucial and important for the germans.

1. Had hitler decided to prepare winter clothing if the operationgone sour. This would have saved millions of germans from death or extreme injury from the cold.

2. Diverting some troops from army group center away from advancing to moscow instead to help get kiev further south, this allowed the soviets reinforcements and strengthen the defence of moscow.

If hitler not make these two mistakes then Stalingrad would have been wiped clean. But then again I say this with hindsight.

>Serious question, what were Nazi Germany's chances of winning Stalingrad?
none. they had plenty chances of escaping the encirclement, but meth-addicted austrian stand up comedian decided otherwise. check out antony beevor's fateful siege, it's a lot of fun reading about frostbitten g*rmanoind troglodytes eating corpses in that city while the glorious boys of red army surrounding them are teasing them with the smell of hot stew.

If the Germans hadn't bombed the city to rubble it would have been easier to take it.

As much as I'm a Wehraboo like everyone else on this board shout out to the Soviets for the most heroic comeback in the history of the world

>fucked up at Kursk
They were fucked by even participating on that one. They waited way too long after the Third battle of Kharkov and the Soviets saw it comin from miles away. That and muh untested panthers

this honestly to be fair germans have always been shit at diplomacy. germanics are an entire race of autists

>red army
>glorious

Don't forget who tipped off the Soviets as to the Germans' strategy

this man gets it. it doesn't matter how good your troops are if you cant keep them supplied

They never would of won

Fascists scum will never deafeat the spirit of communism

>Serious questions to Sup Forums
>Expecting serious answers

If by getting "owned" you mean mowing down a multitude of Soviet soldiers which the Russian generals kept spamming and then running out of ammo and supply: sure.

But indeed: the actual decision over the conquest of Russia was probably the battle of Kursk.

leaf

You could ask /his/, but they're probably tired of discussing this ad nauseam

And Rudolf Roessler, the fucking traitor.

>Without supply line, 6th army could only hold as long as possible, they been surrounded and could not continue their offensive operation in the city...

That's a fucking understatement, they died in horrendous conditions

who else

Quora fags provide alright answers

People seem to forget that without this man, the soviets actually would have collapsed.

without the great germanic betrayal of the anglo they would have won

The eternal anglo

I genuinely feel bad for /his/ that every other thread just descends into Sup Forums and /leftypol/ sniping at each other

They'd killed all of their jews too.

I try not to talk about that colossal faggot

We need 2 fucking walls

(((the incentives which arise from structuring a society based on commerce)))

>muh superior German generals
>muh Patton and Dwight

People to grow the fuck up and realize that memes aside the Soviets actually had the best generals of the war.

NEVER start a land war in Asia

I got another version of that.

They hate us to this day. The UK voted against German unification and you can hear their hate for Germans by Soygoy of Blackdad for example.

They are just jealous desu

You should indeed include Cuckdeau in your Muslim ban

Hitler made alot of mistakes,

He shouldve kept moscow as a spearpoint and try to take the ural mountains. This is where soviets produced most of their tanks like the T34. The german army never had great odds upon invading any country. I believe french forces had better tanks and more men. Tactics is always what gave them the upper hand.

In Stalingrad however the tactics changed, Which evened the odds. German troops were still higher motivated and better trained then ivan. However it turned into an exhaustion battle.

Which is a mircale it lasted as long as it did. The true hero of Nazi germany is the one who was in charge of finances.

To go back to your questions, The odds were if i have to guess on my own history knowledge 60-40 in germanys favour. But as known they chose to let the pasta eaters and subhumans romanians defend their flanks.. Although in all fairness, they were heavily outnumbered and outdated. Hitler was a terrible strategist. And in this time of war he ignored all his generals. sometime later at kursk he lost the war alltogether

|
|
>
|
|

Stalingrad was piss easy to win, just don't go in the city

Including or excluding penal squads? Russians literally threw unarmed bodies in larger amounts than those minimally armed

If they hadn't waited this long Stalin would change his mind when they asked relatively easily
If not it still would have been pretty easy for them had the US not been suppling Russiastan with munitions
>Inb4 ignorant fucks who think we didn't give them shit tons of munitions and resources prior to lend lease

They would lose anyway. Even if they conquired Moscow the government would be moved to the middle of Siberia + permanent cruel partisanen war against Krauts on conquired territories. They didn't have enough human resources to hold everything. Hitler was an ultimate retard. What the fuck was he thinking. You can beat Baquettes, because they are faggots, but not USSR, a finger is not the same as a dick. And it had happened.

>reads entire text
Sounds about right, good work desu

>let's not supply any anti tank guns or supplies to those that defend our tanks, fucking subhumans haha
>WHAT THE FUCK I'M ENCIRCLED NOW?
German military "tactics"

>Serious question, what were Nazi Germany's chances of winning Stalingrad? What next if they'd have won?
Nazi Germany had no chance whatsoever of beating Russia in any alternate universe. The mismatch between Soviet and German industrial and logistical capacity was simply too great.

The only country capable of taking on Soviet Russia was the USA, but the USA wasn't going to ally with Nazi Germany.

(A Soviet/USA partition of Germany, Poland-style, was more likely, but that's what eventually happened in our timeline anyways.)

WTF! I am taking your completely unbiased opinion on this matter as the ultimate historical truth now.

Uncle joe out-Hitlered Hitler and made absolutely ruthless and fearless decisions that won them the war.

Say what you will about commies vs Nazis, Stalin was simply the better man.

What did he do?

The chances? Zero, as proved by history :P .

Had they won... frankly a lot depends on how they win & the cost. It could secure control of the oil-rich regions though, and make it easier / safer to push on for Moscow etc. Trouble is with Moscow standing & factories moving east of the Urals, the Germans were always in trouble when fighting Russia + General Winter...

>this thread
>everyone blames us for stalingrad

>Russian ego

Not bringing adequate ammo is kind of owning yourself

The actual turning point was the battle of Jassy, where the romanians betrayed their comrades-in-arms. You have to keep in mind that soviet supply lines, especialy the ones for food, where basically on the brink of collapse the entire war.

Michael I. is easily one of the worst traitors of the last 100 years.

at peak time around 12 million men, of which 8 million active. German military was about the same. But they were fighting a 2/3 front war.

Once soviets realised Japan was not going to attack in the east they moved most effort towards the germans in the west.

they also blame us, but don't worry, the problem is that they can't phathom the fact that their Ubermensch army was actualy headed by literal retards

You know Finland lost that war, right?

With the sheer amount of resources the US was sending the USSR, I don't think the Nazis could have ever won. WW2, despite what we like to say about Americans, was decided by the United States choosing to support the USSR.

I wouldnt say finland lost. Although i'd saw russia won.

If they didnt fight that war the germans wouldve completely demolished them

If Moscow had been taken the USSR would be in disarray and scrambling for the Urals. The vast majority of Soviet agriculture was in European Russia. They would literally starve to death in the frozen wastelands of Siberia.

Find one instance (sourced) of Soviets throwing unarmed people into battle.
If anything, rifles were the thing they didn't lack at all, you illiterate plebeian.
>I-I saw it in CoD it totally happened

>With the sheer amount of resources the US was sending the USSR
The total USA aid was around 10% of the Soviet war effort.

Thanks for the help, I guess, but it was almost completely irrelevant. Maybe sped up the war by a couple of months, tops.

even if the russians didnt managed to stop the germans in stalingrad, in 1945 USA would have drop nukes on germany if they weren't willing to surrender.

There's never enough bullets for Soviet Russia.

>I wouldnt say finland lost.
They lost their best clay, they were ethnically cleansed and had to pay reparations. Yes, Finland lost that war.

This only shows that even with the worst leadership and technology humanly possible you couldn't have beaten the Soviets anyways.

America sent literally hundreds of thousands of trucks to the USSR. You can't underestimate the value of good American trucks.

I think you underestimate the situation ussr was in. half of their algiculture was gone before harvest. Without Amis helping your country would have collapsed finiancially.

Shut the fuck up Luigi you subhuman nigger.

Ah, he is still around. Time to defend Soviet Russia and Mao again, or turn into JIDF while shitting on totally shitty Wehrmacht and SS criminals. I never can be sure with you. :^)

>Lend lease to soviets
>antagonized Japan with oil embargo
>massive war boner while claiming to be isolationist
>knew about Pearl Harbor before attack, let it happen
What didn't he do user?

>America sent literally hundreds of thousands of trucks to the USSR.
Yes, and it was around 10% of the Soviet war effort. Look it up.
>You can't underestimate the value of good American trucks.
You underestimate the scale of Soviet industry and logistics.

''Soviet Russia'' in 1941, after Ukraine and Belarus were overran, had smaller manpower base than Germany and her allies.
Germany also had TWICE the workforce, when you combine native and slave laborers. Not to mention Germany was a country that industrialized in late 19th century, while Soviet Union was wrecked in civil war, and Soviets literally rebuilt almost everything from scratch in the previous two decades.
Nazis were simply incompetent. There's no other way to explain it. German army fought well, but everything that was under Nazi control, from strategy to industry, was led awfully.

And if Heisenberg and von Weizsäcker hadn't sabotaged their own work, so Hitler wouldn't get the bomb, we would have saved Germany from defeat.

No russian or allied General is the equal of Guderian, Manstein, Model, or Rommel.

Didn't have a choice, they needed German troops at the spear head of the different assaults, they had to use the other axis powers to guard the flanks.

->

dude you didn't even fight in the war, you little soyboi, don't make me come over there and rub my pasta dick all over your teeth while mahmud fucks your wife

>I think you underestimate the situation ussr was in.
"Let me tell you about your country, le post".
>half of their algiculture was gone before harvest.
The USSR had more than enough food in any case.
>Without Amis helping your country would have collapsed finiancially.
A communist country can't "collapse financially", you dumbass.

You, my friend, are delusional.
Even Stalin admitted that they would have been lost without american support.

How about you research what the Soviets actually received from the americans. Without american oil and transport equipment, the Red Army would have sunk in the swamps.

Yes, but given the odds the USSR should have steamrolled the Finns within maybe a week ... though I would blame their leadership and not the Russian soldiers for that failure.

Dude how do you not get bored accusing me of stuff?
At least you gave up on ''YOU HATE GERMANS'' bullshit.
I'm not defending Soviets, I'm defending historical narrative that was established by actual historians, and not neo-Nazis or memeing retards on Sup Forums.
They did no such thing.

Sided with the interests of the (((Anglosphere economy))) over the interests of the white race

I have looked it up, and apparently America supplied over 50% of the USSR's high octane aircraft fuel, Wikipedia says:

>Provided ordnance goods (ammunition, artillery shells, mines, assorted explosives) amounted to 53 percent of total domestic production.

I'm not sure if that means America sent 53% of their own armaments to the USSR, or if the amount the US sent accounted for 53% of what the USSR produced themselves, but either one of those tells us the US provided a fuckload of very important aid to the USSR.

>The USSR had more than enough food in any case.
lol