So what was the point of this character?

So what was the point of this character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dTh1woTmDqs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Black

so JoJo would have someone to explain his secret technique to.

Jojo deserves an award for the show with the most exposition ever.

To make Jojo look cool.

To show niggers weren't welcome in New York in the 1920s and Jojo doesn't care.

It was to appeal the kids watching who wanted Joseph to learn who his mom was
Even though the adults knew it would be weird now because he said some gross shit to her

Why do you think niggers love JoJo so much?

Can't have an American setting without at least one black.

in the beginning of Stardust Crusaders I thought Avdol was him

arakis writing style boils down to "I read about this thing that happened, how do I tie it into my manga", thats why it's full of random one off characters, weird trivia and some wacky stand powers

Rohan ranting about reality and doing shit like eating a spider to know more about it is self parody

Araki's writing style is to make up the plot as he goes. Smokey was probably meant to fill a Speedwagon-type role until he realized it wasn't really necessary for the story.

at least we wasn't killed like Caesar's nazi friend.

tokenism

Respectable negros are rare.

I would be mildly disappointed if Araki was not as weird and unusual as his stories are. I honestly think that picture related was just him being modest.

I think Araki's editors pressured him into putting powerless tag-along kids in the first few parts. Part 1 had Poco, part 2 had Smokey, part 3 had Anne. By part 3, you can tell Araki was trying to get rid of that character role. He wrote off Anne twice, much like how he killed off Avdol twice. Koichi started out as the token powerless child, and he looked a lot like the others. But Araki gave him a stand and changed his design completely, graduating him from the token observer kid to a major player in the story. I think Hayato might have been his editors' second attempt at a token kid, but Araki still managed to make him one of the most important allies in part 4 despite not having a stand. After that, there weren't any other attempts at powerless kid allies.

So JoJo can teach niggers how to run from the police.

I think Trish in part 5 was their attempt to do more bullshit, but even she got a stand.

Me too

What is
>Emporio
>Lucy Steel

Rohan Kishibe is definitely his self-insert.

youtube.com/watch?v=dTh1woTmDqs

>powerless
Emporio won part 6 and Lucy Steel became the Virgin Mary. I'll admit Lucy started out powerless, but Emporio was clearly important from the beginning.

Araki really wanted to ingrain into his jap audience that part 2 starts in America. What do japs think of when they see black people? All their gooky thots getting raped to death by nog marines in okinawa. Therefore, black people=America

Araki didn't even mean for him to be there, but just like anything successful in America, a nigger just sort of showed up.