Gundam: IBO. The END

You know what i actually held out to the last couple of minutes that he was still alive. But damn i think the whole of anime was shocked at the ending.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_pyfH3oj_eg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So I heard the title of worst Gundam was just overtaken. Is that true?

I actually appreciate it that they didn't chicken out and gave us "the bad guy wins" finale.
Kinda refreshing.

Why did they try to pretend that "beam"spam wouldn't be happening?

I thought it was allright, it has pacing problems, but a lot of it will be negated since you can now binge the show.
I think people are just blowing it out of proportion.
It has some other problems too, but all in all I don't regret watching it.

/m/ has a thread about that.
Okada has released an interview and it seems like Nagai wanted to kill off all of tekkadan Kudes included and this was the best happy ending she could get.

well i think IBO was good, but not as good as it could have been. Sadly Gundam hasn't been good since Gundam Wing.

sad that he wanted to do that. But lets just face the facts, Mika would have never made a good parent, and most of the cast that was killed has murdered numerous people without much reason. So i guess justice and karma came back.

Why do masochists like this anime so much?

now i don't know about all that.

Gundam Wing was good, but not that good. At least not as good as 0079

>Wing was good
Stop

At least not as good as 0079
Honestly though I started going through the franchise because of IBO, but none of the shows I have seen up untill the first 2 episodes of Victory atleast, are as good as 0079.
Is there even a gundam that is as good as 0079.
People usually say zeta, but I didn't really like it and liked ZZ better.

Shit anime ends in a shit way

"bad guy"

>Sadly Gundam hasn't been good since Gundam Wing.
The very fact that you think Wing is good means nothing you say should be taken seriously

People only shit on it because they are upset it doesnt have beams, but they realize how petty and retarded that makes them sound so they wont admit it

Its a rough ride if you are a person who enjoys watching shows where things actually happen. The shows biggest problem is it took less than a seasons worth of actual plot and stretched it over 2 entire seasons.

>People only shit on it because they are upset it doesnt have beams
That's the least of it problems.
>Its a rough ride if you are a person who enjoys watching shows where things actually happen
Then don't watch this show because there's a huge stretch where nothing of interest actually happens.

>They planned to kill Kudelia

小川正和プロデューサーのインタビュー
あの結末はわれわれとしては想定どおりの形。
もっとひどい状態に追い込まれ、クーデリアも含めて全滅するラスト、という可能性もありました。
それが残り5話を前に改めて話し合い、シナリオを補正していきました。

──ラスト前にシナリオを変えた理由。
皆さんと同じように、われわれだってここまでともにしてきた愛着あるキャラが死んでしまうことにはためらいがあったんです。
つくっていて、決して楽な気分ではありませんでした。それと、岡田麿里さんからの意見もありました。
長井監督としては、鉄華団は仲間以外に対してひどいことをしてきた組織なので
その報いは受けるであろう、という考え方でした。
でも、岡田麿里さんは視聴者に対してここまで鉄華団に感情移入させといて
救いの一手もないまま終わらせるのはないと意見したんです。鉄華団が生きた証をちゃんと残してあげたいと。
最終的にその気持ちをくみ取って、最終回までの流れができたわけです。
──物語のきつさに心を痛めていたファンも多くいました。
「きつい」「苦しい」という反応があったのはもちろん把握していますが
劇中の痛みが伝わり、悲しんだり、悔しがったりしてもらえたということは
逆に言えば演出的にはうまくいったということだと思います。
ただあれでもかつてのガンダムシリーズの厳しい部分を見てきた監督にとっては
まだまだではないか?という感覚だったようなんですよ。

I didnt watch the last two episodes so its pretty good for me. Who ever wrote it needs to understand the concept of story progression and not killing off characters in the last episode.

I don't know if it's actually possible to intentionally make something worse than SEED.

And that's why I didn't, dropped it like a hot shit. But for resolution to my 3 ep rule and lurking, did MC leave a bunch of Orphans or the girls become eternal cakes?

It commits the biggest sin a Gundam series could make and that's not making care about your characters so by the time you reach the final stretch where they start to drop like flies you're left not caring. Also apparently not even the writer or director liked the characters since according to interviews all the endings they had planned had Tekkadan dying as payment for their "misdeeds", forgetting the fact that virtually every other faction in the show are considerable worse and you're not really given any leverage over who to side for, and where essentially they drew the line is with Kudelia dying. Galieo also survived because Okada loved his VA. Really the interview makes the show such an aimless wreck with Okada admitting that she had no actual plans for a S2 at all which shouldn't surprise anyone. Let's just hope they actually try with the next AU series who knows when since this year is nothing but UC wanking.

今回の物語はここで完結しますが、「鉄血のオルフェンズ」としては今後も何かできたらいいと思います。
本編では三日月たちのきつい最期をお見せしてしまったので、そのときは本編では描かれなかった
彼らの一面などをお見せできるようなものをお届けしたいですね。

This is from Newtype. Mikazuki was 2 and Orga 10 in the male ranking. Atra was 7, Kudelia didn't rank in female.

>did MC leave a bunch of Orphans or the girls become eternal cakes?
He knocks up the "loli" love interest and you see his son in the epilogue. As to how he did it with the majority of his body paralyzed from the waste down that's anyone's guess.

>People only shit on it because they are upset it doesn't have beams
The all melee idea they were working with would have been great if the vast majority of the fight choreography and animation wasn't such garbage.

They fucked around Barbatos, while he was still attached.

But it was fine.

I watched the first season all at once and I didn't have that feeling at all. I suspect when I binge rewatch S2 it won't either.

I will agree with you though, that week to week can be really boring since several episodes end as set ups for the next.

IBO was written as a tragedy with two acts.
Act 1 showed their rise, Act 2 showed their fall.
It's Macbeth with mobile suits and typical hammy Japanese writing.

She will have her revenge.

Is this the excuse you're going with?

They were going with tragic ending and kill everyone including Kudelia but changed their minds and rewrote the last 5 episodes.

Never listen to anything /m/ says.

you have your opinion and i have mine.

I rather enjoyed it, warts and all. I felt genuine anguish for several of the dead characters and I thought the first season actually had something interesting to say on child soldiers and the cruelty of war. The finales for both seasons were pretty strong I felt.

The OPs and EDs were all fantastic, with Orphans no Namida and Freesia being particularly haunting. The gundams they showed were fantastic, so much so that Barbatos is my favorite gundam (and he just arrived in the mail today).

They did the same thing at the end of S1, at least for certain characters.

i actually thought the first SEED was pretty good.

It's pretty obvious. Read a book sometime.

They should have gone through with it. All of the characters people cared about besides Gaelio died anyways.

From what I read Nagai and Okada liked the acting of Ein and Gaelio's VAs (Ein voice sounding like the hero), that made them take a different turn for the characters.

Ein wasn't in S2 though, not really. I meant Lafter and Azee anyway; that whole thing seemed like a last-minute asspull.

IBO's ending is way too happy to be considered anything like Macbeth also the rise and fall plot of this isn't even implemented since Tekkadan were entirely selfless in all their actions. What IBO is is just a series of fakeouts in a failed attempt to make you care about the cast as oppose to actually developing them. Its more like Rogue One if anything.

Your reaction to this image will tell you if you'll like IBO or not.

Okay can someone be real with me here?
Is there some thing were the latest gundam series is always the one that is hated the most?
Like were, 00, age, BF, Try and Greco considered the worst gundam shows in the franchise when it first aired or ended?

Wonder if mcgillis could've lived

Not really. G-Reco was terrible but still not as bas as 0083. Fuck Nina, seriously.

i enjoyed his death. wish it had been longer and much more miserable.

>>Is there some thing were the latest gundam series is always the one that is hated the most?
GBF was highly praised upon first release alongside Thunderbolt, The Origin, etc.
>00
Wasn't hated upon release and even with S2 being a step down it had the luck of having SEED/SEED Destiny as a predecessor so there was nowhere but up
>AGE
This show got shit on before the first episode came out and even if it turned out to be good nobody would give it achance.
>TRY
It took everything people loved about GBF and shat on it immensely and didn't even bother to improve upon it like they say they would. Despite that they're still some people who praise it for whatever reason
>Greco
Its a Tomino series and people tend to take their dislike for the director over the quality of he show itself. G-Reco is far from the worst thing ever especially in the franchise but people will stubbornly not accept it.

>G-Reco was terrible
Found the retard

>Its a Tomino series and people tend to take their dislike for the director over the quality of he show itself.
Why woud anyone who watches gundam actively dislike Tomino?
I mean I just got into UC, but it seems kinda stupid to dislike a director, but still watch his franchise.
Why did people hate age before it even aired, I haven't watched it yet, but the concept of a gundam story that takes place over 3 generations seems interesting to me.

>Its a Tomino series and people tend to take their dislike for the director over the quality of he show itself.

This is such bullshit. I liked G-Reco but its pretty much his worst gundam. There were a substantial number of issues. A lot of people defend it only because of him.

I wouldn't know, I dropped it when they killed Iok-sama.

>Why woud anyone who watches gundam actively dislike Tomino?
His character writing gets criticized constantly and with The Origin people are saying that Yas did a better service to the franchise than Tomino did also works such as ZZ and Victory are considered the worst in the franchise.

>I mean I just got into UC, but it seems kinda stupid to dislike a director, but still watch his franchise.
Well in a franchise that's over 35 years old there's bound to be people who prefer some aspects more than others. Just because you like UC doesn't mean you have to like Tomino's work and just because you like Gundam as a whole doesnt mean you have to be a fan of the UC works. Its weird I know.
>Why did people hate age before it even aired
The kiddyesque designs of the characters and the MS made people really upset over it and dash it before it even aired. The show itself had a neat concept but shoddy execution despite that I think a story seeing an MC grow throughout a 50 year span had potential and Flint winded up being a pretty memorable MC just for that alone but everything else about the show is lackluster.

loli man was the best character in anime. period.

>I liked G-Reco but its pretty much his worst gundam.
Not when ZZ, F91 and Victory exists.
> substantial number of issues.
That never seem to get brought up and instead its just due to you having a small attention span.
> A lot of people defend it only because of him.
I like Tomino but he's made some shit and I always call it out on it. G-Reco is definitely not as bad as some of his Gundam works, Wings of Rean and fucking Grazey's Wing

they did chicken out. SeeMika got his happiest possible end. Most of Tekkadan escaped and stopped doing merc work. Kudelia and McGillis got all their goals achieved. It was a ridiculously happy ending, especially given Rustal had essentially achieved total and complete military and propaganda victory at that point.

>but its pretty much his worst gundam.
>ZZ
>CCA
>F91
>Victory
>New Translation
Please don't say that with a straight face expecting me to take you seriously.

Was another average as fuck Gundam series. Last good Gundam was build fighters, based solely on its great action. 00 was the last decent plot Gundam has had.

Oh okay thanks for explaining.
I can kinda see where they are coming from, but the only series of his I actually didn't like was zeta I can see why people like it, but it was not my cup of tea.
Also should I just skip Victory I have trouble getting started with that one and hearing how it isn't that good, kinda demotivates me.
but then again I like ZZ so there is that.

Never forget.

My biggest problem with this show was how incredibly stupid chocoman's plan was in the end. I did enjoy the bittersweet ending, and i think Orga, Mika and Guts all had pretty nice death scenes. Overall the show was pretty good. I'm glad Atra and Kudelia stayed alive.

Atra was the single best thing to come out of this show. Prove me wrong. You can't.

>the first 2 episodes of Victory
I thought the first episodes of Victory were a mess. Imo, Victory didn't really pick up until they introduce the Shrike team
>People usually say Zeta
Zetafag, here. Yeah Zeta isn't really for everyone, and I understand it introduces some new elements that get abused by later series, but personally I loved it as a good character drama, and Kamille is my favorite protagonist for just how much he grows

I actually unironically loved chocoman, the more I got to know about him in the series the more I started to like him.
I fucking loved how he went from keikaku master to chuuni madmanchild with GOAT pokerface when he realized he was completely fucked when he realized Gali was still alive.

CUTE!

>I actually didn't like was zeta
Zeta kinda suffered from being overhyped for years before its official release in the US and then people actually saw it and see that it had an abundant amount of flaws. Its a series that's not for everyone.
>Also should I just skip Victory I have trouble getting started with that one and hearing how it isn't that good, kinda demotivates me.
I like Victory but man is it a slog to get through because its at a point where Tomino stopped giving a shit and it shows. I'll say its worth it just for the ending.
>but then again I like ZZ so there is that.
If you can put up with that you should be fine

I rather breed Kudelia or Lafter, but Atra is better waifu material.

ZZ is critically underrated. CCA is good but not as good as people wanted it to be. Victory was okay.

F91 was bad and I forgot it was Tomino.

>Was another average as fuck Gundam series. Last good Gundam was build fighters
GBF is average as fuck it just had much better execution. IBO is crap because the people behind the show didn't even try.

>00 was the last decent plot Gundam has had.
Not even close. People give 00 so much slack for the bullshit it did its laughable.

I liked how incredibly stupid his plan was.
You have this character who is clearly not entirely sane, but don't realize until it's too late that his insanity was much worse and more debilitating than you thought it was.

She's such a cutie.

Also, someone post art of MILF Atra, i still don't have any

>ZZ is critically underrated.
Its also not good.
>CCA is good
Sorry but I don't like the adventures of Quess featuring Amuro and Char
>Victory okay
Eh...has a good ending at least

He has a plan, but Gali being alive fucked him over so hard he just went MUH BAEL and just did a suicide run.
It was either that or just runaway and live the rest of his life as fugitive and we all know Mackie would rather die in a chuuni blaze of glory like Agnika Kaieru rather than just live as coward that ran away.

First SEED was entertaining, but had a bunch of flaws in the writing. Destiny made it retroactively bad for alot of people, because it made those flaws alot harder to ignore. That user is probably talking about Destiny, anyways, since that's undoubtedly the worst of the CE entries, and the previous champion for worst Gundam

Why do so many plebs hate ZZ? The first half is weak, especially coming right off Zeta, but the entire second half is balls to the fucking wall. When you hear Silent Voice start playing you know shits going to go down.

6/10 overall
I liked it, but scarcely.
First season was insufferable. I dropped it, but I had to retake it to watch the second season. It's a necessary suffering to "enjoy" better second season and understand some little things.
Second season was, of course, a lot better and funnier.
The ending was perfect. Bittersweet, as it should be.

>They did the same thing at the end of S1, at least for certain characters.
Yeah, and that was a big dumb, mistake

I love how in every other show this would be considered fucking stupid but only here would it receive praise

Can't wait for the next TV gundam to be utter shit and people start retroactively praising IBO.

Pity. I'd have respected it more if they actually had the balls to execute a peace princess in a Gundam series.

Trying to eliminate war from existence is at the very least a decent plot for 00. Many other Gundam series don't even fucking try having a decent plot like IBO. I bet you're a UC fag who shits on everything that isn't UC.

>but the entire second half is balls to the fucking wall

The Dublin arc sure but after that it goes back into horseshit again. Glemy is a pretty shit antagonist and how they go about handling Puru 2 is also bad. The ending is also bad. Really ZZ just feels like extended filler until CCA got greenlighted and Tomino had to wrap things up.

Back to your brothel, whore. You are literal cancer and should never have been allowed anywhere near Tekkadan.

>Trying to eliminate war from existence is at the very least a decent plot for 00.
No its incredibly stupid, Wing did the exact same shit and people call it out for it but when 00 does it its okay? Please. One of the best thing about UC is that it doesn't play with war as a concept that comes and goes, it happens and every character suffers because of it by the end losing what little childhood innocence they have. 00, SEED and Wing all seems to believe war is this thing that needs to be eradicated where ts just a natural part of being human, there's always going to be conflict so the notion that you can just eliminate it all of it just seems silly then again 00 as a whole is a very silly show.

Unless you physically see them die they can always come back, and even then...

RANK THE OPs and EDs

youtube.com/watch?v=_pyfH3oj_eg
^best

If it makes you feel any better I would have loved Macky regardless which show he was in.

>00
People loved it, especially after Destiny
>AGE
Some People didn't like it for the kiddy designs, but people were mostly excited during the 1st arc, ambivalent during the 2nd arc, and hated it from the 3rd arc on
>BF
Most people were sceptical at such a blatant cash grab, but fans grew to love it after watching it
>Try
People were excited for a sequel to BF and had their hopes up, but were soon disappointed since it removed everything that was good about the original BF
>G-Reco
Some people had high expectations from Tomino for another 0079 or Zeta, others hate Tomino and decided to hate on G-Reco from the beginning. Others decided to get in without being to familiar with Tomino at all. What we got was an incredibly dense Turn A/King Gainer type adventure story. The show was not for everybody, and you have to have a very open mindset when coming into it. Combined with the lightspeed pacing due to only having 26 episodes, it wasn't accessible to alot of people. Alot of people dropped it. Alot of people claimed it is the worst series.

All of these shows with the exception of 00 and Build Fighters were claimed to be the worst show since Destiny. Of the 21st century shows, I've only seen SEED, 00, G-Reco and IBO, and imo, IBO is the worst out those I've seen.

ED
1>3>4>2

OP
3>1>4>2

OOOORPHAAAAAMS NAMIDAAAA
Being the best out of all of them is obvious.

>Of the 21st century shows, I've only seen SEED, 00, G-Reco and IBO, and imo, IBO is the worst out those I've seen.

That is fair I haven't watched any of those except for IBO, so I just have to watch them and see for myself.

There are people who only watch AUs or prefer to watch the OVAs. I honestly don't understand it either.

I got chills when they brought it back after Biscuit died.

There's people who got into Gundam without seeing 0079. I honestly don't get that either

Don't worry user, the hero is fine.

The problem with G-reco is even if you get around the bad pacing and obtuse storytelling at the end of the day the story itself is mediocre.

>well I think IBO was good
Shit taste.

Unless you're a complete fucking idiot, no.

Cmon, dude stop shitposting. I liked G-Reco, but even I don't think its for everybody. You have to have an open mindset to it. I think that's part of why Tomino said he was making it for children and older fans wouldn't like it

>I think that's part of why Tomino said he was making it for children and older fans wouldn't like it

If grown ass adults were having trouble understanding the series, I don't exactly see how children are supposed to get invested in it.