Why do Catholics remove the 2nd commandment?

serious question. i've never heard a proper explanation.

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/cathen/07664a.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you talking about?

They’re idolaters. They pray to statues. Saint this saint that. It’s clearly against Le Bible

There are outliers in every group. In our case, these people actually "pray" to the statues. Normally, we use them as a visual representation to remind us that they are there, and when we pray, it helps give us a deeper connection.

It's symbolic. These saints are dietized by god himself to preach his word here on earth. You don't pray to them, You thank them just like how you would thank a pastor for preaching the word of the lord.

Faith training wheels

because among all the bullshit laws in Bible this is solid contender for the most bullshit law here, even without taking it literally

>t. catholic adult convert

No, we actually pray to saints. I've always prayed to saint Anthony to find my lost keys, St. Jude before job interviews, etc. Saints have specific functions and duties just like pagan gods.

>praying to Jesus, and the picture is cool
>praying to the picture because the picture IS ACTUALLY JESUS
pick one

>Saints have specific functions and duties just like pagan gods.
are you serious? that's wicked and pagan as hell.

One pedo preist
> so of course god delights in his creation and wants to give grace through interaction to said creation.

Another Ped priest
> of course we don’t pray to the painting or the statues we see them as old family members..scoffs in pedo

So? It's folk Catholicism, it's part of my heritage. It's what my grandma used to do and what my family did. I got a great job after my mom prayed to St. Jude to get the job for me. My grandma used to keep a little shrine to the spirits of the house and burn incense or throw salt on it. I don't care if it's wicked or pagan, I'd rather be wicked and pagan than cultureless.

That’s why I practice Santeria. Plus it’s great on a hot day.

No you are praying to them to have them pray on your behalf to god it is like hiring a lobbyist

Cuck = Religion
Religion = Cuck

That makes no sense because we can't communicate with normal people in heaven, and the Bible says that Jesus and the Holy Ghost intercedes directly for us with the Father.

Was Solomon's temple against the second commandment? Religious images are allowed if they are within Gods religion and are not worshipped as idols.

Of course it doesn't make sense, that's why many people are skeptical of the modern Catholic Church. In that vein, how does the idea of a Pope make sense?
>My salvation has to go through... another human. You know, Man, the same Man that you preach is born in sin. I thought the Word was innately knowable?

Pray = precare = to ask ~= communicate. When you are praying you are simply communicating not worshiping. I could "pray" to you by asking you for a favor. Most everyone believes that others can pray for you (eg. I have cancer, please pray for me). The real theological question is can you communicate with those in heaven. If your mom dies, lives in heaven, is it possible she could hear your words? Have you ever gone to a cemetery and talked to a loved one? "Mom, if you can hear me, go next door and ask Jesus to help me. I need Him... " Catholics believe yes, that saints in heaven are as close as family on earth.

It's not folk.. it's the same as every normie protestant prayer group.

Catholicism = Mary worship
Its gross.
Yes, she was special, but not an object to be worshipped you dumbfucks.
You're supposed to idolize her kid.

I still haven't seen you defend the 2nd commandment removal... maybe Solomon's temple violated the 2nd commandment, I'm not fully sure and would have to study his temple.

It's all here but you are too lazy to read it:
newadvent.org/cathen/07664a.htm

That's why we did a BEELDENSTORM

Every time we Catholics pray, we do the sign of the cross ("In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit"). EVERY TIME. How hard is this shit to get through your thick skulls, protties.

because its stupid

Why not just be a Hindu user?
Saints aren't the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob...
All your Popes are a fraud too. Repent.

It doesn't address my question why the Catholics changed the 10 commandments and replaced the 2nd commandment with something else, then added a new commandment to make it to 10. Also, the article doesn't give an explanation, it just points finger and says, "BUT HE DID IT TOO!"

The catholic faith was taken over by satanists long ago.

Seriously, read the bible. There is nothing called chistmas or easter or halloween. God specifically lists his holy days. Have you heared of the Feast of Trumpets? the Day of Attonement? nope? Then you have been duped into false christianity by those faggot satanist pedo's in teh vatican

So let me get this right, if the second commandment was applied correctly to the letter of the law then every church should be razed to the ground?

Yes.

For bonus points, tell me where in the bible it tells you to go to church on sunday to listen to the guy in robes and give him money.

No, only Catholic monasteries, etc. Normal churches are OK because they don't contain idols, graven images, likenesses of Jesus, etc.

The bible does tell followers to Tithe.
First tithe is every year and given to God.
Second Tithe is for travelling and costs during the feast of tabernacles. Not sure if this is every year, but people who observe teh feast of tabernacles usually do it every year.
Third tithe is every 7th year to be given to the poor.

So the Tithe is given to God. The priest is not God. Why am I going to church and donating again?

Now post the snek

Plenty of us fucking don't. Idol worshippers are people who obviously don't understand the faith, just like the morons that think wearing a gold cross or tattoo of Jesus makes them religious.

Oh my gosh

All Christian sects ignore the parts of their mythology they don't like.

>No you are praying to them to have them pray on your behalf to god it is like hiring a lobbyist
this is one of the best explanations for saints in Catholicism that I've ever heard

Man it's so unreal to think thats actually in the vatican

Well the Orthodox who were serious as us Catholics in their Christianity did sometimes go full out iconoclasm like the Muslims. There is good textual support for this position (or heresy).

wtf am I looking at here

>halloween
>a Catholic holiday

What you're refering to is All Saints Day and it has literally nothing to do with the retarded haloween fake amerilard """""culture"""""" and its cancerous methastasis around the globe

because jews need us to focus our attention on some thing that they've crafted to direct our attention energy towards saturn

just the pope in the inner sactum of the church of satan

>denying the word of GOD for the culture of MAN
LMAO
M
A
O