Explain yourselves.

Keep it in one thread please.

mark kermode was probably the only person to go and see it

>Implying anyone outside of Japan is gonna see this shit

Who is makoto shinkai?

nigger

It was a blockbuster in China, so who cares UK

bump

But China isn't Japan. They are probably the most anti-Japanese ppl in the world too

Where the fuck was it even on?

Cinema was full when I saw it

what the fuck is wrong with you bongs?
it made almost twice as much in fucking new zealand.

>chinks
>not a closet weeaboos
seriously, like 80% of chinese I've ever met are weebs

a body swap anime would be too risky to see with the lads

they are still recovering from brexit

Take the missus then.

Trump launched missiles against Assad.

I was protesting it by not going to the movies.

Why does that graph not have Southeast Asia on it?

Keit-ai didn't find a way.

The report date for the UK is behind the others. It was in cinemas from November to January. Would explain why UK is lower than the others.

Weeb scene is pretty small here.

That and I never actually saw it listed in cinemas.
Koe no Katachi was much easier to find and acquire tickets for.

>Keep it in one thread please
>this is currently the only thread about it on Sup Forums

SEA creatures are not people

>Actually going to the cinema
>Watching a film in a foreign language
>Watching a fucking anime
Never going to happen, in Britain the cinema is for turbo-normies going on dates or gangs of teenagers wasting a saturday
The only people that go to the cinema are hyper normies watching the latest superhero/action shitfest or skanks off to watch the latest Disney shitfest
The 10th highest grossing film last weekend was an advert for a BBC TV series. People fucking paid to watch "Peter Kay's Car Share: A Second Series Celebration"

Really roasts my almonds. Perhaps it's because of Brexit?

Didnt even know it came out in UK cinemas

Came out in November

Meant to add i probably would have watched it had i known

Well, its too late now.

It was fairly heavily advertised in London at least. Each of the 4 times I went to see it the cinema was packed.

Britbongs are shitters. That's why. Here is an image of a typical numale from london. As you can see, brits have shit genes.

That'll be why then, they probably didn't think to have many showings outside of london/manchester/liverpool because apparently all there is outside of the big cities is countryside dotted with picturesque little villages stuck in the 1950's.

Which means you either spend £40 or more to get into a major city to see it, or you hope you can make one of the 3 fucking showings in a cinema anywhere closer, assuming they even list them anywhere.

And people wonder why these films don't do too well here.

A good nigger

Pakis hate anime

It's a country roughly the size of New Jersey, there is no good excuse for not going to see it.

so i was going to watch this movie alone tonight (opening weekend in the US) but somehow my parents are going to come with me too

how bad will it make me look? they know nothing about anime

they'll probably like it
I saw it in theater with a bunch of old people and they were all laughing at the gags not even awkwardly

>Won't let me in because of the no single's policy.
Why Sup Forums?

>no single policy
What?

The MC at NO POINT bows to Mecca and praises Allah. Why the fuck do you think it flopped in the UK?

It's sad. I have the same problem in my country but we don't have Kimi no Na Wa though

>the uk is basically the same as sweden now
I need to move out of this shitty country someday

With a population 7 times as great as NJ, and probably much shittier infrastructure. You guys seem to be much more used to travelling distances we balk at, and I would assume have transport pricing there reflects that.

Heck, I have to work for 5 hours just to afford a train to london, and I only live about 70 miles away. Train tickets are marked up a great deal you see, and it makes zero sense that they get away with it given the sheer amount of delays shitty service and general incompetence the railway companies display on as daily basis.

Driving isn't a lot better, since 13 million people live within commuting distance the roads are always packed, and within the city its much worse.

Add to that the pain in the ass of getting around london due to its terrible layout and ridiculous pop density and you end up with lots of good reasons not to go there often.

So yeah, I would have seen this movie if I had seen any showings listed outside of london. Because fuck London.

Use "normalfag" user

Brits are very strict with their no singles policy. Last time I wanted to see a movie alone I had the Scotland Yard taking me to the tea mines for 3 months

>replying 2,5 hours later

INBRED

>watching dubs

user pls, I'm a Brit and I can tell you Brexit was the best thing to have happened in this country for decades.

>Implying a stand-alone anime film is going to be successful outside of Asia
It's not the mid-2000s anymore

Really? I heard that lots of people felt regret after the result was out.

Same here. When will they learn that people who watch anime usually aren't in a relationship.

Some are, especially since the fantasy that the EU27 are going to just lie down and give the UK a fabulous deal has evaporated but most are doubling down because nobody likes to admit they've been played.

>China save anime industry again

>Shameful for UK,NZ,AUS people

Brits not being as weebish as Yanks is yet another reason why they're better, desu

More like Kimi No Flop Wa

>Watching movies in the UK

It's like £15 a ticket, I could spend that on a bottle of vodka and download 5 centimetres per second and have a better time
People in the UK only go to the pictures for a date or for something like star wars were you're a social outcast if you haven't seen it

I'm ready Sup Forums

Seems like it did pretty decent in france

Well, UK are also Sonyponies, so that's to be expected.

Its been years since an Anime movie got into the mainstream, enjoy it burgers, its worth it.

Apparently muslims don't like anime

>8 dollars

Jesus that's cheap

moron, look at the total box office. it made twice as much in the UK than new zealand

>probably much shittier infrastructure
>implying burgers have transportation infrastructure outside of major cities

Taking a train isn't an option if you don't have a metro system, and the implications for traffic are obvious. Then again, the UK has gas prices that would essentially destroy us.

>It's like £15 a ticket

My idea of how much a Pound is still stuck a decade ago, but that's still easily double an American evening ticket and we find ours expensive. What's going on with cinemas in Bongland?

I guess I showed my support.

What prices are they charging in the UK?

Popcorn is like 3 quid.

It's overrated shit.

>"muh inflation"

Jews being jewish in reality, you should see the fucking price of confectioneries here

Fuck if I go out with someone it's like £30 just for two tickets, then another £5-8 for a single drink I don't even know how much popcorn/hotdogs/nachos etc go for anymore, I just buy the coke so I don't get searched and pour the whiskey in

To be fair the movie premiered in Glasgow then had a showing Edinburgh and I'm not even sure if it got a showing anywhere else in the UK. Even at that it was 1 showing of it on one day and one showing of it on another day the next weekend. Both showings were sold out I'm lucky me and my friend even got to see it in the cinema.

Brexit.

>then another £5-8 for a single drink

Movie snack prices are pretty gougy here too but Jesus fuck, no wonder you Brits are so cynical about everything.

>so I don't get searched

So the surveillance state memes were true, am I fucking glad I can sneak in a water bottle and some M&M's.

I want to watch it, but I don't want to cry in front of everybody ;_;

how much is a quid in USD, you bongs are so fucking financially shitty with any currency that isn't based on mercantilism, No wonder George Soros broke the bank of england.

It's normalfag garbage that deserves to flop.

This. UK cinemas are an absolute joke, in the (one) Cineworld cinema in my town I can put down money to watch gold like the Peppa Pig Movie, 50 different livestreams of theatre, an 'autism friendly' version of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 but Your Name is nowhere in sight. If you're not in a big city you can get fucked, basically. I'd spend enough in the cinema without having a add a journey to Birmingham, Bristol or London to the mix. That's why anime films (and anything that isn't 100% mainstream fodder) tend to under-perform on this side of the ocean.

>So the surveillance state memes were true

Yeah but theaters only do it so you buy their overpriced garbage

I long ago learned if you buy a large coke they don't search your bag filled with crisps, gummy bears, bottle of jack and pizza from the paki shop round the corner, don't even have to be sneaky about it just think of it as an expensive mixer

I'm next to Brighton and I don't think the Odeon even played it, fuck they only showed hardcore henry for like a week, if it isn't star wars or disney it's just rubbish showing
Even filthy normalfags have worked out they can spend the ticket money on weed and beer and watch netflix

is it dubbed?

Hell most normalfags I know would rather watch shitty fancam versions of films on their hacked Amazon sticks than face a trip to the cinema. Like previous posters said, it's practically nothing but fresh couples there, as about the only thing the cinema hasn't lost is its status as a date spot. Though with how much traction streaming has built up in the last few years, the second China gets on our level Hollywood is fucked with a capital F.

>A- Anibe is more popular than ever in the west
>Crunchyshitroll is literally saving the industry
>Why don't the gooks cater to their western fans more?
>The gooks should stop making shows for otakus an start making shows more like western tv

That pic about sums up why japan doesn't give two shits about "western fans"

Any other anons watching the movie in edwards irvine spectrum atm?

>Even filthy normalfags have worked out they can spend the ticket money on weed and beer and watch netflix

Burgerland really isn't that far behind, honestly it's kind of amazing how long cinemas have survived. Hell, from what I hear they pretty much get by solely on concessions as is.

>star wars or disney
>we live in a world where this is a redundant statement

>and probably much shittier infrastructure
>NJ

You're overestimating NJ

The sad thing is that NJ probably still has a lot of states beat by virtue of having cities of some size.

When humanity has colonized the stars and interplanetary travel is as casual as a work commute, you're still not getting around anywhere in SC without a car.

Name ONE (1) flaw of this movie.

Pro tip:
You can't.

I would have gone, but they didn't show the dub in my area. I have enough trouble reading subs for 22 minutes, let alone 100.

>shitty dub
>English ost
Just wait for the BDs, senpai. So you could pause the video like gramps.

shit, it's opening weekend already
and the closest theater to me playing it is 1.5 hours' drive away
that's almost 200 miles round trip to watch a gook toon

its bad

It's overrated.

Spain here, just got home after watching it. It was really good, I'm thinking about going to watch it again next week.
The room was full but only about 50% of Madrid's cinemas are projecting it.
I think it will do reasonably well here thanks to the dub.

it's boring

Just finished watching the english dub a little while ago, and it actually wasn't that bad.

The songs being redone in English was a little weird though.

Hopefully there's not much weebs around. My hikkineet life would kill me.

i watched the very first showing so i can avoid the couples
i think iam the only one watching
did i do ok Sup Forums? hehehehehehehe