Akagi thread

What the fuck did I just watch and which chapter of manga can I continue on from?

You're ahead of the manga now

>being mad enough to actually want to read the Akagi manga

prepare for both of them to die twice and then for the entire duel to end in blue balls because the magazine where the Akagi is being published sucks cock

What, the series got dropped or something?

It's finishing out of the blue with a really dumb ending, and it's pretty apparent that Fukumoto is rushing it.

There's more info on the FKMTkrazy blog.

Well, fug. Still gonna try, I guess.

While we're on it, how's Ten?

Haven't read Ten, maybe some other anons can comment on it. For all it's worth, I heard that it's really good.

Depends.
There is a short arc that was cut from the anime. I you're interested in that, read chapter 51.
If you just want the rest of Washizu's arc, you can start at 109.

Ten is amazing. Better manga than Akagi to be honest.

>rushing

Needed 3 more years, yeah.

That's the answer I was waiting for, thanks!

Ten focuses much more on cheating than Akagi. It also meanders more: it starts with the titular character, then switches focus to a kid trying to become a yakuza rep player, then switches to a battle between the best Mahjong players (read: cheaters) from east and west Japan (were Akagi is introduced) and then it has one of the best finales I've read.

>focuses more on cheating

Good, because I enjoyed all the cheating in Akagi. There's only so much ridiculous, undoctored luck I can believe in

is the manga still washizu battle? last time i read it was like 4 yrs ago

No, the Washizu arc ended last saturday

>It's finishing out of the blue with a really dumb ending

Is it really? I feel that this is just the natural conclusion of things. Both parties have already pushed their bullshit-o-meter to the limit in this battle. The only way things can escalate further is if they suddenly manifest stands and engage in supernatural punching with each other in limbo or something.

They were physically pushing themselves to the limit already, even moreso for Washizu who as an old man. It was just a matter of who's body gave up first.

And there had to be something that triggered Akagi's transition to the edgy bastard he is in his titular manga and to the more whimsical old man he was in Ten. And I feel that this tepid conclusion to this fight was a core factor in that.

I dropped Washizu arc immediately after Akagi admitted to having transfusion earlier before match. I can't get over this asspull.

>asspull

Doesn't the manga show him going into the medicine store the same way anime does?

The mahjong in Ten is really good, but it's executed a bit differently than in the Akagi manga, where there are a lot of like stops and drawn out metaphors I guess. It's good though!

And the ending of Ten makes it one of my favourite manga, it's really great.

it would be more of an asspull if he survives without having it

That was absolutelely logical AND heavily implied before the match even started, how is that an asspull?
Much more of an asspull was Washizus unnatural luck, which basically was the only reason he didn't get completely destroyed within the first 5 hanchans.

>tfw you aren't satisifed with Akagis ending but don't want to spend the eight years taking chapter long breaks between moves in the Washizu arc
maybe it's time to read Ten again

Chapter 1 you dumbass newfag. It honestly isn't worth picking up.

I really need more anime/manga like Kaiji and Akagi, it's just to so rare to see It done decently.

Other FKMT manga

Kaiji, Akagi and One Out are really the gems of their kinds.

After 20 years it ended with Washizu just randomly dropping dead at the table

One outs.
Yu-gi-oh manga before it got to the cards.

Akagi is L E W D!

Does anyone here know if any of the Romance manga FKMT has done are good?

What is it about Akagi that makes my straight penis feel things

>randomly
Have you been reading the same manga I have?

>Fukumoto is rushing it.
Akagi has been in a state for years where you wait MONTHS for someone to move a single goddamn tile. It's like a sloth rushing to China.

He's cute and GAR at the same time.

>Romance manga
>FKMT

Those exist?

Akagi is C U T E!

They were some of his first. All of them didn't do well, which led him to start doing gamburing manga

Seriously though, why are fkmt boys so god tier? Every single one.

Except for Kaiji and Kurosawa
They're pure boys

You delete this right now, i'm only Kaijisexual.

Kaiji is the most god tier of them all, even if just for pure.

Kaiji is TOO pure for sexual though
The most I want is to just become best bros, drink with him, and only have minor tones of homosexuality

That's fine too, still the best.

Zero is a girl(male), user

Read Zero, Buraiden Gai, Ten and Kurosawa
Actually just read Kurosawa, just fucking do it.

This goddamn artist made me zerosexual

Same, and this artist made me akagisexual

this. this is what i want

Nigger, i ain't reading the same hands I've seen on screen already. I may like mahjong but you gotta draw a line somewhere

Uh, the ending was already know from teh start, akagi will survive

since, you know, "akagi" is just a spinoff of "ten", were akagi is a old man gamble legend

Akagi, get your hands off my wife.

About damn time we're having a gay fkmt thread

Heh you're welcome

At least read the light novel

On Kaiji, one thing I've never understood is why they just completely threw out his whole family thing. It was brought up to bait him into going on the Espoir, but other than that they're never mentioned again.
I'd really like if we could see something of them, even if it turns out they hate Kaiji or something

Fukumoto is pretty slow with pacing in general and it only hurts Akagi more that it's in a monthly magazine, so it takes literal years for anything to happen.

In general I think the slowish pacing is actually good for the story and if you ever read arcs without such long breaks between chapters, it's really good at building tension and explaining the logic behind decisions the characters make.

The Washizu arc would have benefited a lot if Akagi was a weekly manga like Kaiji is. But sadly it was stuck in a really bad magazine that would have died out a long time ago without Akagi, and has to resort to including package-in gravure DVDs of female Mahjong 'pros' to even move copies off the shelf.

Theres Hopeless Kacchan's Love Story and Rude 39

Rude 39 is prettycool, but Kacchan is only worth seeing because it was pre-angular style and very cutesy, if you can imagine!

Sure do! Thats how fkmt started actually hahah, if i remember correctly. They werent too great, it wasn't meant to be.

user, consider this

yeah i was always sorta wondering... he has a sister and mother right? like theyre literally never mentioned again after the first/second chapter

seriously what is kindai mahjong(?) gonna do without akagi, i wonder...

Yeah, and as I'm reading Part 3 Kaiji wonders if his opponents have looked into his "family history"
I haven't read further into the series, but I wonder if all this will lead to anything

Out of the way you damn fujos, there's only one person meant for Kaiji and that's Mikoko!

They can't beat Mikoko

Kaiji is for sharing!

Mikoko a slut.

Delet this!

Mikoko is kinda cute actually, she's the embodiment of Kaijifags, and she tries so hard to make him happy

In the latest blog post he stated that the ending fits Akagi the best. Don't pull this bs please.

hmmm... compelling argument...

>molesting Kaiji

Hasn't he already suffered enough? Leave him alone.

I almost choked from laughter. Like, what the fuck...

>tfw downloaded Akagi 3 years ago but never took the time to learn Mahjong so it's been sitting in my backlog
>Also means I can't continue with reading Kaiji

This reminds me of those "You can't learn Japanese" threads

The 17 Steps arc is easy enough to understand without knowing mahjong. I can't help you with Akagi, though. I didn't understand shit.

I wouldn't recommend 17 Steps without knowing mahjong. You will miss out a lot on why some tiles are more dangerous or safe. This adds quite some intensity to reading.