Bleach

Why did he have to be such a boring main character? There's hardly a thing to him besides a desire to complete whatever objective an arc lays in front of him.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/gallery/NQqHT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But he has many fans, he always was first or among the top three.
Kubo made him an introvert character, so we didn't know much about his tastes or interests.

Realistic MC > lolsorandom genki kids

Kids love the edgy/emo/brooding type.

It was never about the swirls of cinnamon.

>he always was first or among the top three
In popularity polls, I meant

>Why does this aspect from Bleach suck?
The answer is always "because Kubo is a hack".

realistic my ass

He isn't boring, he's just not a massive sperg like you're used to seeing in shounen.

>delinquent teenager with a complex due to blaming himself for the loss of his mother

I don't see the problem here?

His character is fully outlined in the first chapter.

He wants to help ghosts.

Why is Stark dead?

He was pretty fun when interacting with Rukia though

He's loyal to his friends and never surrenders. That's what his character si about, basically.

You expect anything good from shounen?

Hunter x Hunter

now fuck off

>this literally never happens in Bleach

Shounenkino

I didn't want a recommendation nor am I reading that shit

What's wrong with you?

He's a normal guy that lost his parents and just wants to protect what he can.
Ichigo belongs in a seinen.

t. Guy who eats up every school ecchi harem romance comedy anime every season.

>H-He's the most realistic shonen protag

A poor man's Yusuke and a ginger, that's all he ever was.

Ichigo literally beats grimmjow because muh friend

No, he beat Grimmjow because he's a jobber who was never actually that tough to begin with.

>Grimmjow is clearly overpowering him
>"KUROSAKI-KUN KUROSAKI-KUN KUROSAKI-KUN"
>"looks like I can't take any more hits lol :^)"

Level -1 reader detected

He's not wrong.

See

Still not wrong.

not even close

See

I can never tell if Bleachfags are baiting or are genuinely this retarded.

Chuuni detected

no he isn't, he's nothing everyone else has personality for him.

see

At least hes shitposting subtley, unlike yourself...

yeah like that was brought up so much after the first chapter.

Is English your second language?

weeb retard detected

He had a semblance of a personality up to the Grand Fisher arc but everything afterwards kinda just became samey.

is it yours? It works you stupid retard.

>first chapter

Wrong, nice try though

Reminder: do not engage with Bleach apologists. There is no reasoning with them. They will simply respond with head canon and "level 0 reader" and claims that it's all the editors' fault.

it is right, autism is brought up once in a while, but still showed no personality. Having a dead mom isn't a personality.

>posts blatant misinfo
>get called out for it
>hurr Bleach apologists are the worst right guise?

Fuck off

0/10

great response, perfect for one who has no leg to stand on.

this

I actually feel as if I know less about him now then I did starting out because of how long it's been since he was even mildly interesting

You literally haven't even read the first chapter of Bleach, why are you even posting?

>seinen
More like wish fulfillment LNs

>he disagrees with me he couldn't have read it!
I read the whole thing, he's a dish rag with no personality. Goku has more personality than ichigo.

You already outed yourself as a non-reader here but feel free to keep posting stale bait.

no I havent, Ichigo was a delinquent for one chapter and it was only justified. Then it was power up after power up after power up. Bankia, Hollow form, Full Bring form, then two useless swords only to have a magic arrow weaken god, which aparrently he didn't see coming? on top of that you think Ichigo has personality? Come the fuck on.

aside from all that, all the useless battles that no one really cares about and no backgrounds. Ichigo was just a brainless model to show off cover art.

See

re read

That was a bullshit development they focused on way too much later on(when it should have been done and over with in the Memories in the Rain arc early on in the series)
And it was so poorly handled too

The whole momma's boy thing has been done in other series and actually done right(unlike in Bleach where it's shit)

He was good when he was a poor man's Yusuke
It was when he became a poor man's Naruto(Part 2 Emofag Naruto who's all "Muh Sasuke") that he became insufferable

He's handsome.

See

realistic? no, he's a mary sue. He's nothing special if anything he's like Bell from twilight.

As soon as Byakuya screwed him the first time he started to become a boring character
But imo he didn't become fully shit until the Arrancar arc where he went full-on emofag

bella

>its a "I don't know what Mary Sue means" episode

>Goku has more personality than ichigo
Well no fucking shit
Goku has a ton of personality(well more when he was a kid)

More like soulless

>doesn't know what mary sue means
Is most popular
check
is most powerful
check
is best of both worlds shinigami and quincy
check
dead mom
check
big titty girl friend
check
is the only one who can save the day
check
Ichigo was every meaning of the word Mary Sue.

>has powers from practically every species of the series
>not a mary sue
pick one you fucking retard

You forgot that he's a Fullbring and a Hollow/Vaizard too

And attractive.

I was giving him some leeway

See

>doesn't even know what mary sue means
oh right I forgot we are dealing with bleach fan, mentally retarded.

See

see
m.imgur.com/gallery/NQqHT

Juno got bored of writing a delinquent with a heart of gold by Soul Society arc, and it no longer fit when he was progressively revealed to be super powerful and gifted. By the timeskip he's apparently extremely popular and everyone at his school comes to depend on him. It's clear Juno stopped caring about the original cast a long time ago, and they were just a plot device for showing off his new cavalcade of characters every arc. 12 shinigami squads, Regular Arrancar, Vaizards, 10? Espada, Fullbring, Quincy, Zero Squad.

when the series started showing signs of decline, his character was the first to go. I did not mind this much for the SS arc since there was a lot of other stuff to keep my interest at least.

>
>lost after getting power ups
>didn't beat big bad alone
>mary sue

If you can't even keep up with bleach you have problems.

Ichigo? More like Bitchigo...hehe am I right?

That's even more pathetic

Who the fuck is Juno?
And fucking horseshit..it fit just fucking fine. Kubo just wanted to copy Part 2 Naruto

Bleach practically didn't have any characters, there were just sort of intimations of archetypes you've seen elsewhere which didn't line up with a temporally coherent personality.

Kubo is possibly the worst manga writer alive.

That's why he isn't the typical shounen mc, he's realistic.

>he's realistic.
No he's fucking not
He's a typical bland asexual shonen character with no personality after the first 2 arcs

>there were just sort of intimations of archetypes you've seen elsewhere
That's all of fucking manga/anime though
Bleach's characters were fun in like the first 2 arc but after that they're forgettable

Bleach was at it's best when in the first arc when it was Japanese Ghostbusters
That's where the characters shined the most
As soon as they were put into more serious scenarios in an overarching story afterwards it was clear that they were never meant for that kind of story

>Bleach was at it's best when in the first arc when it was Japanese Ghostbusters
No it wasn't. It sucked then too. It was best in the first Soul Society arc when it was literally nothing beyond a bare bones 'level up' shounen formula. The reason it got worse afterwards was because Kubo had leveled up Ichigo so much he had to throw in bullshit to weaken him and keep him from steamrolling every being in the universe.

Bleach is awful, much, much worse than Naruto. You may as well look at the character designs and leave it at that.

>Narutofag

Your opinion doesn't matter here, and never will.

Naruto is garbage, but Bleach is beyond garbage.

>he's nothing everyone else has personality for him.

Ironic sine people actually want more Naruto. Not sure about Bleach though.

Bleach is bad, no shit

Honestly, Rukia would have made a better MC than him. Just switch their roles around, Bleach would be 90% better because of it.

maybe to make him more relateable to the average Japanese teenage boy

Butthurt Narutrash, please leave.

>level 1 reader
None of those "deep" "high level theories" came to fruition, so you come across as an idiot posting that

Bleach went downhill when it started focusing too much on the Shinigami. They were supposed to be a strong element yes, but not the driving force. It was made even worse when the Nip fans ate it up and always went "Muh Shinigami!" when they didn't appear in in 3 or 4 chapters.

>typical bland asexual shonen character

Bit he's not a one dimensional retard like luffy and naruto so how?

Karin should have taken over the MC role when Ichigo lost his powers, at least for one arc.

Hunter x Hunter is overrated shit. Yu Yu Hakusho was much better. Togashi isn't even trying anymore.

Because Kyouraku killed him.

I said Naruto is better than Bleach because Naruto at least has characters. It's bad because it suffers from tactless sentimentality, generic shounen tropes, and tons of asspulls.

Still, Bleach is worse because Bleach has maybe two or three actual characters.

>He is not le epic autist randum kid, so he is boring.

OnePiecefag or Narutofag, whatever you are, kill yourself.