Is Re:Zero a challenging deconstruction of the isekai genre?

Is Re:Zero a challenging deconstruction of the isekai genre?

nop

Yes.
It's pretty much The Witcher of Anime.

Why won't the deconstruction meme go away?

Take your Reddit eceleb shit elsewhere please

I'm personally surprised by how, deep down, the entire series is driven by Subaru's sheer thirstiness, which doesn't hold up after the first few deaths.

He literally has no reason to be around these people except for Emilia. You'd think he would simply fuck off after dying multiple times in increasingly agonizing ways.

It's like, the whole conceit of the story is built around that. He would literally have no motivation if he wasn't trying to slip Emilia the dick.

No, it's just edgy.

But connections.

> gets slightly more grim than usual at one point
> """deconstruction"""

Deconstruction means examining the unwritten conventions of the genre and then playing with them or doing away with them entirely.
There is nothing of sort in Re;Zero - it's just as unrepentantly cliche and bound by unwritten conventions as the other

If Re;Zero was a deconstruction, Subaru would arrive into an unknown land, not able to magically speak the language everyone speaks, and then struggle to survive as a mundane human without any useful skills he is in a world full of magic and strange things as he tries to adapt to its society.
Not get dragged into and become a centerpiece of a cliche plot about royal succession with damsels in distress and big bad monsters and villains to defeat.

Go shill your garbage channel somwhere else, cancer.

Me, I've wondered if he's under some sort of compulsion spell that stops him from sitting back and really taking a look at things.

I mean, there has to be more to life than trying to fuck one specific girl, right? It gets even weirder where Rem is right there and wants to fuck him silly.

If you think about it, the story doesn't work if he just picks Rem. If he's not interested in Emilia any longer, he has no reason to stick around. Is he, what, going to platonically help her to be queen or something? That would be really weird. It would be fucking hover-hand shit.

>There is nothing of sort in Re;Zero

Then why didn't Subaru's superpowers akawen in the first episode?

No one wants to see your shitty videos.

Yes.
Emilia symbolizes striving to reach a higher point. Subaru wants to stick his dick in Emilia, and that's the first thing he's actually strived for. And even if Subaru never manages to fuck her, he's still becoming a better person by trying. People actually like him now. He's been humbled and he reconsidered his approach to life. He's doing it all for Emilia, but as soon as he reaches the end of the road, he'll look back and realize it was the journey to get some elf poon that really mattered, not the elf poon itself.
Rem symbolizes complacency. She symbolizes sitting on your ass all day, watching anime and collecting autismbux. She's just a generic sexy maid who loves you for your spergy self. Weebs call Rem best girl because that's what they want to believe. They want to believe that Rem is the good choice, because they don't have to work for her. Rem is just instant gratification with no substance.

> Then why didn't Subaru's superpowers akawen in the first episode?
I... what? His superpower is Return from Death, i.e. "muh groundhog day".
Are you baiting me or something?
> b-but it was granted to him by Satella!
And yet it's a speshul snowflake broken ability that allows him to overcome obstacles he has no business overcoming in the first place.

tl;dr

Stop bumping this shit thread retard.

no

>I...what?
Redditshit spotted.

because they did later

If you want to speculate, yes.

There is a hint that Emilia has a link with the witch, the witch also has a link with the respawn of Subaru, and she also wispers and apears on his dreams. So is not crazy to think that his connection with emilia is supernatural.

But it's played straight. Just because you liked it doesn't make it a deconstruction

I assume he just gets attached to people very fast and is the type to risk hiss well-being for someone he barely knows. I think he would have done the same if in first arc he had to save that apple merchant instead of Emilia.

Also, he did pick Rem, but she refused to run away with him. He also didn't reject Rem because he's disgusting two-timer that wanted to also get Emilia.

You have to let these retards pretend their favorite turd is intellectual. Otherwise they'll start bitching about moe and fanservice agai.

Tl;dr version: Rem is for plebs, Emilia is for patricians.

Now and Then, Here and There is a deconstruction of isekai. Re:Zero is just isekai.

>deconstruction of isekai
Name five.

Not the Redditor, but Reddit is not an argument.

Yes you are. Also, nobody's arguing here. You might wanna check out r/fedoras for that.

Re:Zero is just edgy isekai, not a deconstruction.

I uploaded a video a while ago that was a conversation snippet about how Re: Zero wasn't really deconstruction. I didn't know how to get views though so I deleted it.

Kono Suba for edgelords.

>Gets BTFO
>y-you're a redditor!

>oh shit he wrecked me, wat do?
>Wait! He used Reddit meme...
>hehe, time to use my trump card! Nothing personal, kid.

Are you really this triggered by someone calling you out?

It's okay, we're all anonymous. Just don't use retarded phrases and quips next time.

No, but Konosuba is.

I mean considering the quality of most Isekai stories, having at least a 'meh' story can pretty much constitute a deconstruction of the Isekai genre at this point.

No matter your opinion on ReZero, it basically set the bar for all Isekais with only few being able to be AT LEAST as "enjoyable" as it.

Just taking a piss, dunno about others.

The one in your pic is actually good though?

No. It's literally the opposite of a deconstruction, and characters have entire conversations to emphasize this. Going on about shit like turning lies into wishes by wanting them to be true and working for them. It's not really subtle about it.

well, when you put it that way...

How are you not banned yet shitposter-kun?

Leafs

>Deconstruction means examining the unwritten conventions of the genre and then playing with them or doing away with them entirely.
>mfw plebs have dumbed down the meaning of deconstruction that this is now essentially an accurate definition in layman parlance
And you know I'm mostly okay with this, it's not like they'd ever learn proper criticism anyway, but it just makes it harder to have real elevated discussions when plebs co-opt the language of academia for their own purposes.

>challenging
More like challenged, amirite?

Maybe so but he still acts differently around Emilia. It's like he has an uncontrollable urge to act like an autistic mess whenever it concerns her. Around everyone else he's a pretty cool guy and one hell of a lolimancer.

course it also a bit like saying youre drinking from a beaker when youre actually using a cup cause theyre about the same from skimming the definition, meanwhile everyone thinks youve just poisoned yourself.

gargantia is a deconstruction of isekai through the mecha genre

I don't recall P&S ever stating that was the case in that video.

wtf you on about.

>If Re;Zero was a deconstruction, Subaru would arrive into an unknown land, not able to magically speak the language everyone speaks, and then struggle to survive as a mundane human without any useful skills he is in a world full of magic and strange things as he tries to adapt to its society.
Gargantia is a deconstruction of isekai!?

Explain. I've never played any of these modern WRPGs, I'll admit.

>knowing webcelebs
You have to go back.

Why the fuck is this thread even alive.