twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's shit.

Nothing at all.

It's too perfect

youtube.com/watch?v=T1l9hsLo2Qg

What's wrong with your ears?

Ugly bitch.

I think I'm gonna be sick

Am I right in thinking her Seeiyu almost lost a lung during the crying scene with Asuka?

She was pretty monotone though, I dunno if it was because Kumiko is meant to be a grump teenager or if its just bad acting.

Literally nothing.

The "Reina~~" at 15:29 is still the best.

The VA has a background in acting (as in, real life acting), and ends up sounding like a "real" person while speaking.
It's why all of her lines sound off in conversation, because everyone around her is used to the over-the-top style expected of an anime VA, while she's trudging along with more realistic inflection and tone.

It's also why Kumiko's grumpiness works so well, since she actually sounds like a grumpy person, and not an exageration of some director's idea of what grumpiness is like.

It's kind of funny that whoever did that considered うん and whatever to be meaningless noise.

Kill yourself you goober.

She's relatively inexperienced with voice acting, having only done a couple of side roles before becoming the head character in Euphonium. I never could nail down if she was just trying to "act" rather than "voice act" the whole time (and there is a difference) or if the director wanted her to be this way. The biggest catastrophe of it is when she's talking to other characters. She doesn't seem to be voicing a character so much as acting a role as if she's on television. The others, though, are, and it clashes hard. Those moments with Reina are where it really stands out.

>うん
Isn't that like "uh huh"? Not meaningless, but it is a noise.

I actually quite enjoyed her more subdued performance compared to most other anime VAs.

It's actually just the casual form of yes. It's an actual word, not just a sound.

More like "yeah". If we go there, isn't all speech noise?

>She doesn't seem to be voicing a character so much as acting a role as if she's on television.
I kinda found this endearing, it felt more genuine? It felt a lot less like acting and really breathed life into the character for me.

>It's an actual word, not just a sound.
Oh, alright.

>If we go there, isn't all speech noise?

I think that's fine for major drama works, like any of Shinkai's movies or something, but while Euphonium had its dramatic moments, there was still enough "anime goofiness" to it that it never seemed like an appropriate place for "serious" acting. Like I said, she clashes with the other actors / actresses hard. I blame the director for that. You either reign Kurosawa in or you bring everybody else to her level. Otherwise it becomes noticeable and weird.

Her VA is shit.

It's good tho

>It felt a lot less like acting and really breathed life into the character for me.
Same here. Her voice is probably 50% of Kumiko's appeal and it works really well with her character. It helps that the dialogue in Hibike is interesting most of the time, but still even simple scenes like Kumiko being on the phone with Midori were nice to watch due to the voice acting. She's just so nice to listen to.

>Anime acting is so uniformly shit that when someone is actually a good actor it ends up being "wrong"

i want to make kumiko a mummy!

Performance of the year honestly.

You don't have the equipment for that, Reina.

Best fluff

Cumming inside Kumiko as she makes cute Kumiko noises and knowing that she might get pregnant from this must feel really amazing.

i want to have a daughter with her and have her play music at an early age and raise a happy family together

Fluffy babies are the best

>That fucking wink at 1:30

You want to cut out her organs and wrap her in linen?

I love her

I want to be the reason for Kumiko's sparkly eyes

I want to be the reason her period is late.