What's the deepest anime you've ever watched?

What's the deepest anime you've ever watched?

Le portrait de Petit Cossette

I didn't like it much

Nisekoi.

Where the fuck is Cat Soup?

Unironically Inferno Cop.

I'm still trying to make sense of the last episode.

Tex.

Shit list. All my friends watched Dead Leaves because of FLCL.
Also

I watched all of Meitantei Conan in a single sitting.

This is the most transcendental anime experience imaginable.

>milky holmes
>deeper than aria

>evangelion (or rebuilds)
>anything but miyazaki tier deep

Inferno Cop
Disregarding that, Landarzt. What do I win?

Kemono Friends

TTGL

Deep on that list? Infernocop.

If it's on CR it ain't deep bro.

>Paranoia Agent, featured on Adult Swim is deeper than Lain

>Fate/Zero is "Sup Forums elitist"

While the list is quite silly in any case, I'd actually hazard and say that Lain may be more well known. It has a status of being "that one really weird and trippy anime" that gets name dropped often.

madoka (if you didn't watch the movies obviously) is pretty deep

The series that foreshadows 11 episodes out of 12 is 'deep'?

surprised, actually
hope this isn't bait

>depth is a measure of how many times the story surprises the audience
madoka had that down pretty well too actually, certainly a-head of some other shows I know

>Not watching Infernocop

probably cat soup

Mars of Destruction

On this list the deeper I've ever got its Texnholyze

Madoka (the TV broadcast) fails the basics of story-telling by spoiling the entire audience.
The movies are much better, but even then it's hardly deep, it's just relatable it has interesting dialogue and characters. I'm not trying to shit on it or anything. But I certainly would never recommend to anyone see the TV show over the movies.
>ahead of other shows
It depends on if a show tries to be deep or not. Most shows aren't trying so obviously Madoka is deeper than most shows.

Haibane Renmei.
Watch the OP reversed.

>Macross and Gundam entry-levels
>Higher than NGE
>Higher than fucking TTGL

What?

Anyway there's not nearly enough anime in there, try this one. GaoGaiGar is as deep as I go.

>Watch the OP reversed
Done, now what?

>>Menemosyne that low
I don't get why its that low but sure, whatever works

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Infernocop is shitposting in anime format.

Skipping the original TV broadcast is like watching the LOGH gaiden movies and then never touching the rest of the franchise.
>Madoka (the TV broadcast) fails the basics of story-telling by spoiling the entire audience.
Not really. Using foreshadowing as a hook to get and keep the audience interested is different from literally spoiling the entire show. I don't know any point in the show where they directly spoil an event before it happens. It takes until episode 10 before they start directly explaining everything that's going on and until then, while the audience has hunches, especially if the watcher has been on Sup Forums to see stuff about madoka in its threads, nothing is ever spoiled.

>It depends on if a show tries to be deep or not. Most shows aren't trying so obviously Madoka is deeper than most shows.
that was an old as shit meme about mami's fate

I ain't your mother, senpai. Just do whatever the fuck you want now.

>skipping the original tv broadcast
Considering the movies are everything the tv broadcast offers and more, it's not comparable at all.
>Logh
speaking of failing story telling basics
>using foreshadowing as a hook
I know the commercial reason why they did it. But it being a commercially smart move to do so doesn't mean it isn't a failure by storytelling standards.

>it's different from literally spoiling everything
Well no shit, still they spoiled the big twist.
>I don't know any point in the show where they directly spoil an event before it happens
Spoiling is spoiling. There's no ifs or buts about it.
>nothing is ever spoiled until episode 10 when they show the thing they showed in the first episode
I really don't think you know what spoiling means.

>What's the deepest anime you've ever watched?
Inferno cop is the best anime ever made.

tell him to post anime tiddies user

>cowboy beebop and Evangelion above naruto and one piece.

I mean, CB and Eva are common entry points, but above fucking naruto and op?

Inferno Cop is on Crunchyroll too...

>Fucking NGE above narutard and one piss
Well memed sir! Well memed

>Jojo used to be around tier 3

Exactly how did it took off that much?

On this list Jin-Roh and Planetes are my lowest. I wouldn't have thought Planetes to be quite that low though.

Memes are the only reason people watch anime nowadays.

These deepness lists are dumb anyway.
While some titles are definitely more likely to come up as introductions, people have different preferences and they'll look for the things they suspect they'll enjoy even if they're not "into" anime yet, or they get recommendations from a variety of sources that have their own recommendations.

FINDS

I'm a mature person with mature tastes!
Though I have seen Inferno Cop but I don't think that alone bumps me like three levels

>EoE is several tiers bellow NGE
>EoE is bellow than the rebirths.

How the fuck the person making this list can fuck up the basics that much?

not him, but hows that wrong? Forcing yourself through the objectively better movies after the snorefest that is NGE takes away from the entry tier.

How do you differentiate deep and pretentious?

Those things are polar opposites.

these lists are made by people above the surface imaging what is below them

don't think about them too much

Irony and self awareness being the pinnacle of writing, without a doubt Inferno Cop.

I like those lists because i get to compare US common animes to the animes aired in my country back them.

For example, one of the deepest i watched in this list was sakura cardcaptor, that used to air in my country when i was 5 and was relatively known.

Meanwhile, i would have never heard about other much more well know animes like evangelion and TTGL without the internet, as those werent available where i live.

The chart is about obscurity and accessibility, not thematic deepness.
Though watching obscure stuff and pretentiousness certainly often overlap.

No, the image is actually pretty accurate. But continue spouting vague shit without backing up what's actually wrong with it because that will help everyone

Alien 9 fucked my day up and I felt horrible by watching that. It's disturbing as hell.

Fire Punch.

Can you people please use proper grammar?

Also, whatever dubbed censored shit you watched doesn't mean shit, it's probably even more entry-tier because of how censored it was.

Does Mononoke mean that Ghibli film? If so, that.

As for Ghibli, Spirited Away and Totoro are hella deep when you are redpilled on that Satsuke and Mei die in the middle of the film and SA is about child prostitution.

What do I do, if I unironically enjoyed Malice Doll, Belladonna, the country doctor, Dead Leaves and my buttocks almost gave in from joy when I searched for "Kyougoku Natsuhiko: Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari" and Cossette, since I never heard of them before?

Fuck, I wish there was more of those, I can't get enough of unconventional animation, like La planete Sauvage, Gandahar and Midori shoujo Tsubaki.

It's not deep at all. It's just pretentious.

It means Mononoke, look it up.

dead leaves is retarded

It means you enjoy animation for the sake of animation.
And also really fun.

If he enjoyed animation for the sake of animation he wouldn't enjoy Dead Leaves. And he would've listed Redline.
I also enjoyed DL but the animation is on par with TV animation. You can like stuff that isn't deep, if it doesn't try to be.

Gankutsuo though probably not

But those titles were in relation to the deep end of OP's chart.
One can enjoy all kinds of animation, whether really good or not particularly if it's creative or interesting in some way. Dead Leaves mightn't look more impressive than a tv anime but if you enjoy Imaishi's style there's not much reason not to like it.
Midori is practically nothing but stills save for the morphing scene.

>inferno cop
No wonder I dropped it halfway into the second episode, I am not nearly that level yet.

I havent seen all that much anime, and I love Monoke and Mushishi. Dont really understand what you mean by "deep", how is generic ecchi deep?

I guess maybe natsume yuujinchou? If we're just talking about emotionally deep.

Ghost Slide

It doesn't exist and there will never exist an anime deeper than Evangelion, never

Is this how women think about anime?

What's the most pretentious anime you have ever watched?

It didn't feel deep to me but rather more like cultural circlejerk

there is no Initial D on the list.. do you even watch anime bro?

I'm like 99% sure everyone on Sup Forums has seen both keit-ai and inferno cop

Red is all seen, yellow is partly seen.

Tier 6: Obscure experimental pieces.

It's not on here but probably Koi Kaze

Out of all those, I haven't watched only Hanabe. I don't know why. I want to. One day.

>Angel Egg
>elitist
This so much. It's fucking shit. Only good for signaling.

EVA or Ergo definitely. Considering Ergo isn't a harem I'd say EVA beats it.

Lain isn't as much pretentious as it's just aesthetically pleasing.

Mad Bull 34

What I've seen

Fushigi no Umi no Nadia is pretty DEEP

Inferno Cop.

It's honestly pretty fucking normie though, not impressive.

The whole island arc could be removed and the show would be better off

Why do people start rating when they don't have any leverage? You need at least several 100s of unrated anime before I can take your ratings seriously.

>TV:20

the soul taker, no doubt about it.

Keit-ai of course.

Master of Martial Hearts
Samflam

inferno cop, kek'd at it's level,

well, im not an elitist, but ghost in the shell is a "for posterity" tier anime. even more than akira

pls no bully about the amount of unfinished shows. Sometimes I get distracted and want to move onto something else.
Which is why I don't have a waifu

Ironically Inferno Cop

>Waizardo Tier
I fuckin' love Millennium Actress.

>Keit-Ai
>highest grossing anime film of all time
>obscure

what?

Hideaki Anno's student films. Projected from film.