Is this the next Re:Zero?

For those who watched the first episode, discuss

Define "next Re:Zero"

Everyone dropped it already, a shame. The LN is really good.

Name?

Frame Arms Girl

It was super boring

Sakurada Reset

It's the next Glasslip.

>every single character so far is autistic beyond fucking belief, these are not actual human beans
>contrived explanation for the presence of special abilities so they can be utilized as plot devices without having to do any actual world building
>the world itself feels incredibly artificial due to the lack of life and the minimal bleak backgrounds as if it were Lain/Texhnolyze, but it feels like more of a detraction because it isn't going for a Lain/Txh atmosphere and instead making it feel more artificial with the artificial human beings masquerading as the main cast
>everyone goes on about how righteous the MC is even though the MC hasn't done a single fucking thing to showcase his own character
>Aoi Yuuki's know-it-all observing Ajimu Najimu-wannabe character gets under my skin like you wouldn't believe
>calm down Hanakana, nobody asked about the rules of your special noriyoku
>nobody is showing any emotion, nothing is
>you know there's some funky shit going on when an anime MC can say how a girl has nice hair like its nothing while the girl just accepts the compliment, even though the two barely know eachother and none of them is trying to make a move
>the MC fucking sherlock'd the entire reason why reset girl became the way she is based on a single memory
>everybody's already doing character introspections without establishing the characters in the first place
>out of place philosophy shallow as a puddle
>how'd she find the mother?
>suddenly androids
>the more interesting story hook has been relegated to the fucking preview
>this episode is just getting the entire set-up out there instead of actually hooking the viewer
The script for this anime is fucking abysmal, I can't believe how this got okayed in any way. Not only that, but it wastes too much time on dumping exposition when nobody will even remember most of it.

I hope there's an in-universe explanation for the lack of humanity in every character, maybe that's what the android shtick was for.

>>this episode is just getting the entire set-up out there instead of actually hooking the viewer
my main issue with this episode, even though Im willing to watch more because of the genre/concept

This.
As bad as glasslip was, the threads were pretty great though.

I don't know if it's the translation or the actual dialogue, but almost 80% of them are painful to read. I'm actually interested in the premise, girl who can reset time and guy who can retain the memories. But the way they tell the story and the robotic main characters are huge turnoffs for me.

Super super super boring!

I don't know why anyone would choose to watch ep 2. I certainly won't be.

The concept is interesting but the character make it pointless, the writing and script is just garbage too.
I'm honestly mad that such an interesting concept is wasted on such terrible characters and writing. Was one of the crappiest 22 minutes of anime I've experienced. At least most of the time even if an anime is bad it has some sort of energy in it.

>Your pretty hair makes you seem way too otherworldly.
Like what the fuck were they thinking with this entire exchange. I swear this shit is like a parody of monogatari or something.

>is this shit?

No I very much doubt it, but it's funny seeing Sup Forums come to retarded conclusions about seasonal anime after seeing one episode as usual.

I liked it. (´・ω・`), but for such a dialogue focused show should've been animated by Shaft.

Energy, this show needs it so bad. MC should at least be a more active person. Like he should actually motivate KanaHana to do things. Instead he just doing it by saying cryptic and stupid shit.

Definitely a shame. If I recall correctly, the anime doesn't start in the same place that the LN's do. So that may contribute to the awkward pacing of episode 1.

A lot of people are bashing the two main characters, but they interact really well with each other later on. The two are really cute together, and there's a Hyouka vibe to it. They're really sweet to each other without the autism of generic romcom characters. Haruki is adorable when she's flirting with MC.

I hope the anime does the rest of it justice. It's not perfect, but it's way better material than the moe/isekai/harem-shit running these days.

It felt like I watched snippets of 3 different episodes of a series, almos felt an aversion to establish the setting or characters.

It's the next Majora's Mask.

Uh did anyone else notice that 4 fucking months passed during the first episode?
>epsiode starts in end of April when he meets her
>when they do the ability switching thing with class president it's August 15th

What the hell

Eh i liked the first episode.
I would love to fuck the autism out of misora.

>tags: super powers, (Japanese) mystery, supernatural, school
Into the trash it goes.

wait, what?

Is there a specific reason in the LN why everyone and everything is so strange and robotic and energyless? Or is it just the anime?

I don't know I want to believe that this is going to get good it has 24 episodes to do it but man this first epsidoe left a extremely bad impression on what the tone will be for the rest of the series.

Did they repeat the whole basketball match animation?

no

I'm serious, this is the first day (second time)

And then a couple days later, I guess, right after that creepy man comes to pick up the child, it just cuts to summer where they start talking about cutting her hair.

Really strange.

We can only hope this is as awesome as Re:Zero was.

why did it take so long for the club president girl to suggest this?

Oh. Sorry then for not noticing the new stuff.

*this as in finding out her memories

I don't know.
My guess is that something went wrong somewhere and they either cut a whole bunch of stuff out from what was in the source material or someone messed up somewhere, because as far as the story goes it tries to be a pretty seamless cut. It doesn't act as if even a day had passed and until I saw the actual dates I thought that no more than a day had passed in between the cuts.

Maybe there really is an explanation for why everything is so strange in this series and it's not just production issues. Maybe someone in town has a power that skips months maybe? I don't know.

>Maybe someone in town has a power that skips months maybe? I don't know.
Then MC would feel weird he has blank memories for months.

what the fuck happened at the end of this episode?

It's pretty chuu2 and pretentious, I liked it. I don't really understand how she could possibly even have known she had the resetting power before she met someone that can remember that it happened. Maybe that'll be explained at some point.

Yeah I was about to ask this, what's the point of having "rules" for when you reset if resetting doesn't actually accomplish anything whatsoever

i think she can remember herself saving tho

fuck meant to answer

If I say "save" now and "reset" a little while later I'm pretty sure I remember the exact same thing she would. I can't prove I did or didn't actually reset the world. Unless there is some kind of feeling of the world state being saved that couldn't possibly be anything else, that isn't much in the way of proof.

i imagine that she feels some deja vu like feeling when reseting

Is this the same fag that makes the "Is R:Z a masterpiece" every day?

Haven't read the LN but they're adorable in the manga adaptation. I think they're basically a couple from what I've seen. Wish the rest of the chapters were translated though.

AUSTISM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this whole thing was robotic as fuck.

It's like if aliens binge watched a shit ton of Mari Okada anime and tried making their own.

I haven't watched this yet, but is it really Okada tier bad?

I can see that. Both are still stiff but at least they showed expressions. I guess this is after they bonded a bit, I don't know if I can stick with the anime until that.

It might be able to go somewhere. I'll give it 2 more episodes before I decide to drop it.

I haven't dropped it, as much as I dislike supernatural plots. But I'm not giving it a lot of slack, either. Bitch better cut her hair soon, this Kokona shit don't work off fujisan, you know?

I think that it'll only be the first three episodes where they're stiff. These pics from the manga come from the first volume of the LN. I think the anime is just going to time skip after they break the ice.

What do you mean

Whoa, the manga is so pretty.