Maid Dragon

>No Meidoragon thread

I guess the finale really disapointed many.

Other urls found in this thread:

partner.goodsmile.info/support/eng/inquiry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

death to dragons and dragon enablers

Flavor of the month. Move on.

This was really good. I wish it were 2 cour.

You move on nigger

The ending was fine, but we still want more.

>but we still want more
no we dont

No lewd Kanna inb4 THICC or that twister scene disappointed me since forever.
KyoAni should just do some serious/emotional series instead, last episode showed that's what they have experience with.

I do. I need more Kanna in my life.

The last episodes serious moments sucked.

They didn't fit the series, but were done well on their own accord.

KyoAni serious drama all suck. Keyshit was bereable since Clannad and Kanon are at least decent. Last episode was absolutely awful with the tacked in, rushed drama.

I thought it was pretty good and I usually hate when they add serious stuff to the last episode or two of a light-hearted show

let me guess. lots of crying and muh kokoro won't handle t h e p a i n?

can't tell if you want (you) or you generally think shows end like that

What?

Was the whole exchange with her father thing anime original?

Not all of it, the fight and Kobayashi´s talk no jutsu at the end was original and lame. In the manga the dad goes aways after Tooru physically threatens him because he was about to do something to Kobayashi. The whole she is my maid is in the manga as well.

Keyshit was the worst. The best Clannad moments were comedy.

so is it over or will there be more?

The anime made more sense, Tohru did fight her father. But it was Kobayashi that convinced him that Tohru will be just fine. He wasn't being an evil demigod, he was being a concern father. And watching Kobayashi standing there and willing to sacrifice herself for Tohru was convincing enough for him to leave them alone.

Would be hilarious if he visits often to have drinks with Kobayashi.

Series started off good then became increasingly mediocre.

Ending was forgettable. Season 2 would be a waste of time and would in my opinion, tarnish KyoAni's reputation.

Hopefully their next project will be something to envy.

Did it sell or not? There is relatively much content on the boorus for me to believe it wasn't popular.

Its just that forgettable
The only impression it left was the dragon loli

It sold around 3.3k.

Why is Kanna the best dragon?

No, you a shit! Any good story needs comedy and drama. Btw Tomoyo after was too much drama to handle D:

The ending was literally perfect so there's nothing for people to angrily shitpost about.

>that pic
top kek. Kanna is my favorite character and I love all the image edits she gets.

KyoAni's reputation is pretty low to be quite honest. Most of their S2s are horrible with the exception of Keion.

I just need more Kanna in my life

Send a product request to GSC for a Kanna nendo.

I loved it. Definitely AOTS.

Debatable. Their best adaption (K-On) had comedy and sentiment but not really drama, and their worst works (Kyoukai no Kanata and Musaigen) were more "serious"

all of clannad was pretty meh, air was better

They're too busy shilling another flop, LWA, to focus on Maidragon

Ded

ん...

...んん!?

DELET THIS

KANNA IS NOT FOR LEWD

>I guess the finale really disapointed many.
Didn't. Not even close.
The Kobayashi jump-hug scene was perfect and the credit-roll cutesy trip to see Kobayashi's parent was good.

I will never forget this mexican goddess

Maid Dragon had the ED of the season and one of the most enjoyable OPs too
>chu chu yeah

>papara papara papara papara
>papara ishukan comunication!

LOL how can kyoani even recover?

JA JA puto

disapointed when sport festival happen. In the manga, kobayashi come for parent-teacher meeting and kanna embarass her by revealing her drinking habits and maid enthusiasm. it was short and funny.
kyoani turn it into one episode of boring sport festival with "hard working together" aesop which end with kanna winning the race with friendship power. Did kyoani forgot that she's a fucking dragon?
after that point, the series filled with even more boring filler and stupid gag. it doesnt make sense since the manga have enough material to cover the entire season.

The whole "I'm dragon you" scene in the final episode completely shit the bed and left a really bad taste in my mouth.
Literally ruined the whole series.

>>No Meidoragon thread
What's Then?

N?

NN?

The ending was definitely out of left field.
They only referenced her dad like twice then suddenly dedicated an entire episode of a comfy show to this bizarrely serious plot dump that was resolved as suddenly and weirdly as it started.

still liked the show overall though

I'm dragon you?: What?

Yeah man, her being from another world with strict parents, a tough background, and the inherent problem with their lifespans really snuck up on me too. Were you also watching at 3x speed with the window in the corner of the screen while shitposting on Sup Forums?

My problem wasn't that the plot existed or anything it's that it was just peppered throughout the rest of the show then suddenly they basically ended the normal show an episode early and replaced it with a completely different one.

The last ep had none of the feeling of any of the others.

This is my main issue with most of Kyoani stuff and anime in general, but it's more noticeable with KyoAni since they tend to stick to character driven SoLs that don't really need this kind of finales. Producers believe they need some kind of 'epic' and emotional last two episodes to raise the stakes and end in a supposed high note. Shit doesn't work because most of the time there's no buildup whatsoever and the shitty subplot is rushed as hell. The only time I remember working in a KyoAni show was with Hibike S1 since most of what went on in episode 12 and 13 had proper, constant buildup from the very beginning.

Except this WAS built up over the series.

Well, at least it was brought up and quickly resolved in one episode, instead of randomly introduced during middle of the season and dragged on until the end of the season. Like Chuu2, for example

I want to eat Tohru's tail.

Neither a maid nor a dragon.

Yeah I know. I hate it when they just kind of allude to stuff without bashing me over the head with it via long winded expository dialog all the time. That's why I love LNs.

The ending was good. I want more. It's over for now though and new anime is beginning. I'm not some kind of obsessive faggot who is going to regularly go out of my way to make and actively participate in threads about anime that isn't even airing.

i'm just sad we never got more Elma,she have delicious thighs...

Where do you do that?

partner.goodsmile.info/support/eng/inquiry/

I feel like none of the main themes through the series pointed at this kind of resolution. Living the moment, home is where loved ones are, etc, I got this from watching the show, but Tooru's dad wants to take her back because muh rules, something that as far as I remember, was never alluded previous to the final episode. The fantastical elements and Tooru's world was on the background pretty much the whole time, but its rules and politics became a central thing in the final episode, I thought it was kind of sloppy and detached from the point of the series.

Now that I remember, Elma did mention the rules during her first appearance, but that little subplot lasted for like 10 minutes and eventually Elma started living in Kobayashi's world as well, so it felt to me that those supposed rules weren't very important, but now Tooru's dad is suddenly very serious about it, though he only wants to bring back Tooru and not Kanna or Elma or Fafnir or Lucoa.

I need more... Just give me more Kanna... make anime original episodes if you have to, kyoani..

Did all the magic creatures hiding their true forms not clue you in to the fact that they weren't supposed to be there?

As I said, there's fantastical elements but they're treated as (barely) secondary characteristics of the show; they aren't properly built up. At the end of the day the series is about interpersonal relationships grounded in reality, not about fantasy. Using 'muh rules we shouldn't meddle in this world because reasons' is a bad way to end an anime that was never about that.

>Yeah those things were there, but they didn't sit down and talk about them for 5 minutes each week so I can't comprehend how they could play any sort of significant role in the plot
You sound like the kind of person who complains that the time travel powers weren't explained in Bokumachi.

The ending wasn't about fantasy rules. It was about showing how much Kobayashi's life had changed and improved because of Tohru and how important she was to her now. It was also about family. I'll never understand how you retards consistently fail to understand simple stories in anime.

But about, if the source of conflict that acts as nothing more than a catalyst for said interactions isn't a big battle that they talk up all season, how are we supposed to figure out what the conflict was trying to frame?

And you sound like someone who puts words in someone else's mouth, and relies on strawmanning to try and win arguments, but it won't work with me. No point in discussing with you any further.

I think we all knew how important Tooru was to Kobayashi, I mean she alludes to it a few times, as early as episode 3, nothing new. But you fail to understand my grievances with the last episode. There were two sides in this conflict, I'm not complaining about how Kobayashi reacts and stands up to defend Tooru, that's fine, but the other side of the conflict is so detached from the main theme of this series, good drama is when we can put ourselves in the "bad" guy's shoes, when we can relate and understand his reasoning. Whatever is driving Tooru's dad to bring her home is something we don't really care about because it was never built up.

You're actually on the spectrum, aren't you?

Aren't we all?

No, it's definitely just the guy I quoted.

That's not what quoting means.

Quoting a post is still quoting. People deal with autists all the time, but no one wants to deal with an autistic newfag.

>but no one wants to deal with an autistic newfag.
Yeah it's been hard replying to you

If I wouldn't had read this thread I would have never found out people didn’t liked the ending. I just caught up but as soon as I saw the final chapter would have her father present I knew it would had been dramatic, especially given the tone the show had and the way Kyoani finish their seasons.

Around the middle some episodes felt uneventful, i personally wanted more world building but I know the series is not about that. I hope kyoani follows its rules, makes a second season and buries it forever.

>Actually types like an autistic person
>Has no grasp of basic storytelling and gets hung up on inconsequential details that aren't spelled out
>Thinks quoting a post isn't quoting
No, you're definitely the autistic newfag here. Stop posting and lurk for another few years, or just leave.

So why the shit did the other dragons not show up to back up Tohru? Only Kanna had the balls to show up. Fafinir had to protect his manlover and his world of warcraft account so he had reason to fight, Lucoa has to protect her shota and Elma hadt o protect all the food she hasn't eaten yet. Stupid ass shit.

Who are you quoting?

Lucoa was best girl.

>Lucoa
>Giving a shit about anything not related to fucking her shota

>Fafnir
>Giving a shit in general

I guess Elma had no excuse, though

The only people who liked this ending are probably Narutards who are OK with simplistic bad guys that appear out of nowhere and we have no investment in.

Take you unfunny memes back to /jp/, you stupid autist.

Just stop, autistic-kun.

>just got home after a day's work at kyoani
>chilling with Sup Forums and about to fap to the loli dragon i helped to create

Why haven't you guys worked at kyoani yet?

It really was a terrible episode.

The only people who disliked the ending are literal retards with a single digit IQ.

Kinda ironic coming from a guy who likes one-note bad guys.

Well they're Tohru's friends. If Tohru's dad bombs Blizzard's servers Fafnir would lose his account and if he eats the shota Lucoa will lose the love of her life. They have to protect the things they love. Also, Fafinir should start drawing hentai, that will make him get lots of con sales.

>Thinking Torhu's dad is a bad guy
I'm actually amazed by how hard you missed the point.

Bad guy?
He was never meant to be a bad guy, just a harsh stubborn parent well in tone with the fantastical slice of life genere. The fact that you are comparing him real one-note bad guys show how much you misunderstood the episode.

But I understand the issue now, people can't handle a small change of tone for one episode before going full autismo.

Hey guys just came back to Sup Forums after a year. Has Yamada won an oscar yet?

I fail to see how wanting more complex conflicts and nuanced characters is something a single digit IQ person would want.

There's also the simple fact that Maid Dragon is not an antagonist driven show, but a plotless SoL, unlike Naruto.
So that example falls completely flat, too, because any antagonistic character in a SoL will be used utterly different than an antagonist in a show that largely builds a plot around them.

He's actually autistic.

You're actually autistic.

Finally someone gets it. I felt exactly as he did when I found out my daughter was dating a black guy.

>B-BUT YOU MISSED THE POINT

Except I didn't. Tooru's dad reasoning to bring her back was simplistic and underdeveloped. But hey if you like weak drama, more power to you.

Keep digging that hole, retard.

>You don't belong here, we're going home
Explain how it's underdeveloped at all. Actually point out a lapse in the in universe logic, or any sort of internal contradiction.

Kobayashi's instant "non reaction" reaction at hearing Tohru has suddenly departed was as realistic as it gets in conveying her gradual shock and realization that Tohru may have left her forever. I know I would react like that, without any of the over-the-top melodramatic hysterics as the suddenness of the shocking news is just too unbelievable for the brain to register as real at first.
But still, when Tohru returned, Kobayashi seized on the moment to make sure Tohru stays, even if it means confronting Tohru's Dad.
Tohru's Dad may be an All-Powerful Evil Dragon of Doom, but in the end, like any other girlfriend's dad, he's really just a Tsundere Dad. And Kobayashi has raised the right flags in making him grudgingly concede in letting Tohru stay, at leastfor now.
After that epic battle, Kobayashi decided to repay the favour by having Tohru and Kanna visit her folks. Wedding the natural next step
A decent place to end a season for a manga that is still ongoing. Would not be surprised if season 2 ever gets made.
PS LOL at Fafnir creating quite a reputation online as "The Gamer That Never Sleeps". Sooner or later the professional gaming groups might be interested in recruiting him due to his dedication.