How do we fix shonen?

How do we fix shonen?

Replace the MC with a dorky middle school girl.

We don't. It's for young boys.

The answer isn't anything to do with Bleach.

MAKE JOJO GUHRATO AGAIN

more old man fights

>This will never be animated.

Does it bother anyone else that the hilt and the sword are bent

Make the manga publication every two weeks and not weekly.
Don't adapt a shounen manga until you have a lot of chapter, maybe even just when it's close to its finale.
Instead of filler make short original shounen shows o spin-offs of secundary characters.
Never ever make a sequel were the original creator is not involved. Neither do a sequel after too many years after the end of the original manga.

This and let the MC fail....learning through failure rather than BS power ups is much more entertaining & promotes actual character growth.

It's crazy to think that at one time, he was the strongest character in the DB universe.

Make it seinen

still pissed there was never a good fight with the Ox King or a Gohan (grandpa) vs Muten Roshi

Fix Togashi's back

>Trunks thought he was hot shit for muscle inflation.
>Even fucking Roshi can do it.

these

Stop with the crazy power ups that have literally no weakness.

It's why JoJo can still go on and seem fresh.

jojo isnt fresh at all though

>How do we fix shonen?
>How do we fix [battle] shonen?
>How do we fix kids' series about people punching each other?
You don't, you just stop reading it, retard.

>even fucking Roshi

He's a legend.

Post one shounen made right.

I'm talking about the fights.

The fact that Jotaro can stop time, but can get fucked by a rat makes it interesting

fpbp

It's called author induced stupidity.

It's called rock paper scissors

Better yet, let the old man BE the MC.

It's been a while, so I can't remember if it was actually good or not, but I remember liking Psyren.
Mx0?

Turn down power levels and make fights more like puzzles.

Let One piece finish, and then kill Shonen Jump.

Right here.

all OP characters need to be grizzled veterans who have earned their OPness through years of trial and suffering.

>I know TV Tropes mom!! xD

>old man mc
so high fantasy where the mc is a grumpy old man who is a plate cleric and has a drinking problem and has to deal with the younger adventurers and teach them the ropes?

Strong old men doing strong old men things.

I want this

>several arcs of old man adventuring with student
>final arc student turns on the old man and kills him

Didn't work.

Strong old men sharing their knowledge with the young and raising universal buster alien fighters. Roshi should have been the main character.

Bleach artwork is actually realy good.

This

Not only so we can have HxH back, but also because if I was an average shounen mangaka Togashi's stuff would encourage me to try harder

No matter how much shit people give it, the powercreep in Dragon Ball was done very well.

That's just because she didn't have enough outfits.

It's generic after the first arc

Dumb bleachtard

Shaman King
Flowers didn't happen

KlK wasn't even shounen, and Ryuko was just a bully who liked to pick on bigger bullies.

Better writing.

Good writing that, despite being for a younger audience, doesn't treat the readers like morons.

Good writing can make up for bad art and can be raised up by good art, but the reverse (good art bad writing, like Bleach) cannot do the same.

kyou kara ore wa, angel densetsu, sumie 16-sai, ashita no joe

>Good writing
It will just get axed by Japan's shit taste.

i can confirm this

We need HIGHER power levels.

Power levels should go up to numbers like 2↑↑↑↑2.

Good answers

Make the MC an edgelord

>bipolar cunt of a sister
>violent bitch who loves falsely accusing people of things
>completely bland girl who only looks good because every other girl is shit

Nothing of value was lost.

well i liked it

I think good world building and tonal consistency, for a lack of a better word, are probably the most important things. The beginning and ending of a work should not be nearly unrecognizable to someone who hasn't read it.

Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro and Crows are good example of this.

Worst offenders are probably every new Bleach arc or the Teikoku Alexanders and World Cup in Eyeshield 21.

Toriko but they cancelled it

>Toriko
>good

Have the MC NOT be a teen.

Copy Naruto

The megane is bland as fuck, I agree, but Kyoko's "bipolar cunt"-hood is just a standard tsun sibling relationship with her overprotective brother, and as for tomboy, I'll never understand people getting all annoyed over fictional aggression that's obviously not intended to be taken seriously.

don't do what bleach did
would it still be a shonen? I wonder

We give them shoujos.

But black clover is shit

>a bully who liked to pick on bigger bullies.
the best kind of bullies

More power ups.

that's only significant because Jotaro was such a fucking mary sue in part 3, he pretty much had to be the one to win. Im still salty about the D'arby fight, not only should have joseph won because tricking and outlucking is his whole fucking character but the fact that Jotaro ended up winning just because he was MC was beyond retarded

This was better than any battle shounen ever.

but it was a mediocre battle shounen itself

More plot armour to protect it from shonen.

Where can I find good scans of HxH?

Change the way manga are made as a whole. Instead of having people who can draw throw vague concepts at a wall untill something sticks and them make them milk that idea untill its dead. They should get asigned a writer at least, a real writer who studied for that shit or something and not just an editor who'll force the author to KEEP DRAWING MORE OF THIS POPULAR CHARACTER. Fuck any other side characters. Most of battle shounen feels like teenage power fantasies and that's because it is, because most of it is just made by people who like to draw but have no goddamn clue how to actualy write a story so they just resort to an endless barrage of cliche's.
This is true for even the most popular manga, look at naruto and the shitshow it turned into. At bleach, where the author had a cool distinctive style and made cool designs, but the story became garbage after he had exhausted his original concept and basic plot and had to come up with new shit on the fly because Japan doesn't into seasons, sequels or breaks propperly. Look at fairy tail which seems to entirely hang together by tired cliche's, asspulls and hot chicks. Even dragonball, the quintesential shonen suffered from this. Toriyama had a vague concept: The adventures of a wierd, freakishly powerfull monkey-boy and the teenage girl who found him through a mixed prehistoric/ futureristic world on search of these powerfull magical artifacts, vaguely based of some old legend. It wasn't even a battle manga at the start, just a lighthearted comedy that turned into one after Toriyama's original idea had been exhausted and his editors made him keep going because now it was popular and we need to milk that shit. The reason he forgot entire characters wasn't because he's a shit writer. It's because he's not a writer period and litteraly doesn't know what he's doing. I don't blame Kishimoto, kubo, machima or any of the others. They're doing the best they could while someone forced them into a role they're not suited for.

Make it about guts and hard work instead of mary sue asspull powerups just because they're the mc.

There's no fixing, just put it down, all of it.

Are you 13 years old? Why would you care about shonens?

Pokemon?

Kill shonen jump

more focus on decision making over rule of cool.

HxH you dumbass

breath living world
The problem with most shounen is that the world resolves around what is being shown in by the MC's point of view, in one piece and hxh, luffy crew and gon are small fry in a big big world
this is why no one came to help with the ants etc etc

fix its readers, and their fixation for coolness, style over substance

Mangasee.co

Keijo was made right for my tastes, wish that it had more emphasis on the players' psychological states (like Akagi), and that the environment (land types, wind, sunlight, weather) would be more exploited too though. Also wished that the anime adaptation would have faster pacing matches, more impactful and better animated hits like Ippo's.

1. Make the main characters grown men.

2. If teenagers/school kids must be present, make them delinquents.

Hasn't failed so far. Worked for Ashita no Joe, GTO etc.

make it less than 100 episodes

I don't see this working.

Either you have characters who become so popular editors make the author shove them in everywhere, arcs become too hit or miss, characters don't have enough focus or arcs become way too long, people stop reading when their favorite character stop showing up.

Read Bleach and do the opposite.
>give the MC a personality and goals
>don't forget the core lineup
>think a bit ahead
>don't start by creating a shitload of characters and then a plot to shove them into

>Read Bleach and give more Rukia
FTFY

What is your point?

>EXPERIMENT Glowing 1000 degree KNIFE VS ABRAHAMIC GOD

>Make the manga publication every two weeks and not weekly.

It cannot be stated enough how much this needs to happen to preserve the sanity of everyone involved. Manga industry chews and spits out artists everyday simply because they can't keep up with the pace. At least ROTATE chapters on bi-weekly basis so you don't have to cut down on magazine issues, but still give individual mangaka double the amount of time to work with.

Mob Psycho 100