What Do You Think About Ralph Bakshi's Films?

Bakshi is a Jewish animator (gas the kikes race war nao, I know) who makes adult-oriented animated films. I've liked his films and his use of rotoscoping, and I've been trying to apply some of the views I've seen on here regarding degeneracy to his work.

This may take a few parts for me to go through his films, but my general idea that I want to propose is that his films do not support or idolize degenerate behavior, but rather uses it as a warning (for musical examples, think Bridge of Death by Manowar or Mind Playing Tricks On Me by the Geto Boys (hang the niggers race war nao, I know)).

I haven't seen Cool World or Coonskin, so I'll be addressing Fritz the Cat, Wizards, Fire and Ice, Hey Good Lookin', American Pop, and Heavy Traffic.

I'd add his adaptation of Lord of the Rings (which I loved as a child, as well as the Rankin-Bass films), but that would be more a conversation on Tolkien.

Anywho, let's get started!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3hlmNo_sEa0
youtube.com/watch?v=_MNNl-oOI7I
youtube.com/watch?v=lPIZboQw1zA
youtube.com/watch?v=sN3ZHJoFHmA
youtube.com/watch?v=NzYtOFOXS6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wizards (1977)

I'll start with this film. The premise is that a pair of twins, Blackwolf and Avatar, are wizards who are in conflict with each other. Blackwolf is a Hitler-esque character that leads an army of mutants in a post-apocalyptic wasteland while Avatar represents goodness and sides with the faeries and elves in the healthy and clean lands. To aid him in his war, Blackwolf uses a film reel of Nazi propaganda combined with his magic.

However, as the film progressed I couldn't help but feel sympathetic to Blackwolf. While Avatar was living the easy, lazy life with cigars, alcohol, and a ditzy fairy whore, Blackwolf was striving to free his people from the radioactive hellscape that they had been trapped in. He is obsessed with having a child that is not afflicted with mutation because he wants to raise a healthy child in a better world.

The end is what made me like him the most. As he army nearly wipes out the elves, he is confronted by Avatar. So what does Blackwolf do? Does he gloat like a cliche or try to kill his brother? No, he tries diplomacy, and says "Brother, there is no need for me to destroy you. Surrender, surrender your world." And what does his brother do? He betrays his luddite beliefs and, in a cowardly move, shoots his brother by surprise.

Why would a Jew write his Hitler fantasy as so...honorable? Why is he revealing in Avatar, who is remarkably kikey, a lecherous and deceitful character? Even at the beginning of the film, the protagonists have to literally brainwash a character to join their quest, programming him to pursue "peace" yet having him fulfill this desire in bloody combat?

While this film doesn't so much serve as a warning, I think it offers room to question the morality of the characters and explore the differences of good/evil and right/wrong.

Hey Good Lookin' (1982)/ Heavy Traffic (1973)

These films are very similar, so I'll examine them together. Each character in these films are pieces of shit, and while this can be argued as a glorification of nihilism, they are also based on Bakshi's own experiences living in majority black areas of D.C. and New York City. Both films portray blacks, Jews, sluts, neo-Nazi larpers, and other forms of untermensch as disgusting, unthinking, violent, degenerate, shekel-lusting beasts! The films offer us a glimpse into these urban pits and the morally empty souls of the people within.

American Pop (1981)

This film is about Russian Jews who got pogromed (yay) to America (boo). The first Jew makes his wealth through crime and raises an ill-tempered and bitter son who dies fighting in WWII (yay). HIS son becomes a little shit in a garbage home with his mother, step-father. and step-siblings, angry at not having known his father. He travels to the west coast and becomes a brainless junkie. He reunites with a son he didn't know that he fathered, takes him to NYC where they sell drugs, and then abandons him on a bench. This son then continues as a drug dealer, selling to a band that allows him to play which lets him become a famous musician.

Here we see how urban environments affect children, drawing them to crime and bitterness, and how the lack of a father stunts a son's development.

Ralph is too high art for most, but he is the GOAT animator (John K being a close second)
John K being such a prick that he ruined his career is the only reason he never had the chance to make a master work IMHO

Fritz the Cat (1972)

This film is Bakshi's debut. It's title character, as we see in the previously mentioned films, is a degenerate who constantly tries to fake himself into a liberal and degenerate world.

He pretends to be an artsy liberal college fag in order to corrupt college girls into orgies and drugs, but this fails. He pretends to be a pro-black revolutionary to score drugs and black pussy, but this fails. He then joins a group of terrorists (likely anarchists), but this fails.

The character is able to easily manipulate the college girls with obvious bullshit, and when the girls tried it on a BASED black man he told them to fuck off, demonstrating the blind ignorance of far-left college types.

When he tries to start a revolution, we see how easily the mob of blacks is persuaded to turn violent and follow the orders of a non-black, so long as they can destroy.

As a terrorist, we see the vile, self-serving, unrighteous minds of people who claim to be otherwise, veritable proto-Antifags.

At the end he realizes that all of these efforts have been bullshit, and he swallows his first redpill.

One of my favorite movies. Have not seen his other work. Please continue

Consider this user intrigued. I'm pretty sure I've D/L'd his adaptation of LotR but never gotten around to watching it.

Fire and Ice (1983)

Finally, we come to one of my favorites, and not only for the gorgeous work of goddam Frank Frazetta.

The plot alone should put a twinkle in your eyes; A pale permavirgin (likely a Jew) and his mom send their frozen basement to cover the world in ice (notice the lack of a father). With his army of subhuman shitskin barbarians, he drives the blonde-haired blue-eyed Aryan-types from their homelands, and now there is only the exotic land of the Oriental-types to invade. The Aryans and Orientals join together to fight the kike/shitskin menace, and the princess of the Orientals gets BLEACHED.

Why is it that a Jew has created one of the best films with a main character being unashamedly white, so white that he might be a fucking Aesir? This is Robert E. Howard-tier shit.

Not only does this film present the typical virtues of bravery and durability which is often found in white creations, like the Nordic and Germanic myths and sagas, but the super-white main character gets to wipe out an army of brown savages? Fan-fuckin-tastic!

malcolm and melvin What a cartoon: m.youtube.com/watch?v=3hlmNo_sEa0
one of my favorites

Watch it, it's fantastic if a bit cheesy. As a child I watched the Bakshi/Rankin-Bass films almost every night if my parents let me, The Hobbit being one of my favorites. Far superior to the faux Hobbit that Jackson released.

One thing you might notice is that a lot of his works have a tight budget, and his use of rotoscoping is probably not appetizing to some people (although, as I said ITT, I love it)

The most underrated Bakshi cartoon is his adaption of Dr. Seuss' Butter Battle Book
Ted Turner had him do that back when he launched TNT, Ted was a really great patron of the arts
youtube.com/watch?v=_MNNl-oOI7I

That's really all I have to say about his work, and if you couldn't tell, I am a bit biased. I'm interested to see what pol has to say, given their views on the material that Bakshi displays in his films and pol's grand Jewish conspiracies of subversion.

As a parting treat, here is the opening song of Coonskin by Scatman Crothers;
youtube.com/watch?v=lPIZboQw1zA

looks like asterios kokkinos

Really enjoyed your analysis. However, worth pointing out that the original characters and story of Fritz the Cat were created by Robert Crumb, not Bakshi

I don't have the talent for it, but he inspired in me an interest to do rotoscoped scenes of public domain footage for a movie about E.R. Eddison's novel The Worm Ouroboros which I began reading while revisiting his films (and which Bakshi himself was apparently interested in at well).

I was mostly inspired by his use of rotoscoping over scenes from movies (that were back then) in the public domain, such as a scene from Alexander Nevsky in Wizards.

youtube.com/watch?v=sN3ZHJoFHmA

youtube.com/watch?v=NzYtOFOXS6g

It's just magnificent seeing these classics reforged into something so fantastical.

That's very true, I should have mentioned that. Sorry, everyone!

Crumb has apparently had a feud with Bakshi over Fritz ever since.

Bakshi is crazy and none of his feuds should be taken seriously.

To be fair, Crumb is a grumpy old curmudgeon to everyone. Having read the original comic, I think that the movie was true to the source material

damn I was drunk when I watched that movie I am going to have to watch it again now

Checked
Watched
Will check out. Thanks again, senpai.

Used to watch this with my mate while getting stoned after school back in the day. Also Akira.

>senpɑi
fɑm* (Christ this plɑce is gɑy sometimes)
>inb4 newfɑg
Older thɑn you, t_d

Fine ideas. The final projects just don't really connect. That's why most people just say "meh"

Saw Wizards when I was 12, it was my first redpill.

Something about the movie just clicked with me and I started to think seriously about issues like nature vs. technology, the possibility of nuclear annihilation, etc.

Whatever one thinks of Bakshi, I doubt I would have become politically conscious if I hadn't seen his movie. Thanks, Ralph

I've deeply enjoyed every one of films that I've seen. The Rankin Bass Hobbit rendition was my absolute favorite film as a child after discovering it in my elementary schools library. I've tried locating a vhs copy since the dvd has fucked and missing audio but I haven't seen a single copy for a decade. Listening to "The Greatest Adventure" from the soundtrack on youtube brings tears to my eyes.

His LOTR rendition was some trippy shit, a cool movie. If you want to see something interesting, research the guy who voiced Gollum in The Hobbit, he has a really interesting life story.