Do you like when the boy is the tsundere one?

Do you like when the boy is the tsundere one?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundere
shojocorner.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/sliding-scales-of-male-tsundere/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is this question targeted towards femanons? aka landwhales?

Not really, since they've made it a given now that he'll eventually just break down instead of having some integrity and watching some dumb bitch get rekt.

What was the consensus on the Handa-kun anime? I'm having trouble getting into it

I LOVE male tsunderes. The only anime guys worth anything.

tsudere boy is best

>male tsunderes
That's called being gay.

Usually yes

They never follow through with that, though.

>That's called being gay.

Bullshit, if anything its the weenie nice guys who are gay. Give me tsundere any day of the week.

This might be me not reading enough shoujo, but this seems less tsundere and more that one cold asshole.

He only acts aggressive and mean while secretly holding feelings for the female lead, which I would say fits "tsundere" better than, say, Waver Velvet (wtf).

I consider myself a male tsundere connoisseur. Cannot get enough.

They both don't really seem like a "tsundere". If anything, they seem incredibly assertive and very obviously interested in the female lead. It's an archetype shoujo is basically riddled with, and I wouldn't call it tsundere.

What makes a male tsundere then? Someone who acts hostile but only shows his feelings away from the camera? To be its someone who is outwardly cold or angry but inwardly loving.

No.

Male tsundere seem fairly common in female oriented media though, so they probably appeal to women more than men.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES TSUNDERE MEANS ANYMORE.

And yeah, I mean they are riddled with shoujo (even then not enough...) but only because male tsundere are consistently the hottest and most popular characters. Best of both worlds with the aggressive outer qualities (tsun) and the warm fuzzy inner qualities (dere). Of course thats my 2c.

>To be its someone who is outwardly cold or angry but inwardly loving.
That's just a jerk with a heart of gold. I'd say actual tsunderes don't realise they actually harbour feelings of love until their cognitive dissonance forces them to face the facts. This usually results in them turning shy instead of hostile.

Also, if they're just acting cold and then gradually warm up, isn't that a kuudere?

> a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing a warmer side over time.
Same as its always meant. They start off cold/hostile and start to warm up. Or...

>a girl or a guy who has a combative attitude toward others but is also kind on the inside.
Someone who acts like an asshole or combatative but is secretly quite loving.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundere

No that's a tsundere. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsundere

"Jerk with a heart of gold" is a pseudo-western equivalent. Kuudere is a bullshit spinoff of tsundere, where instead of being cold they are cool, like Yuki from Suzumiya Haruhi.

Tsunderes may start off genuinely hateful and then become sweeter or they might have been sweet from day one, but they use their tsun side as a defense mechanism.

Irie and Domyouji I think are the two most classical pillars of male tsundere-dom.

The scans in both

show the same guy (if you couldn't tell). THAT is pure male tsundere. The ideal 2D man. (Except he's ugly because Kaoru Tada couldn't draw).

>someone who is outwardly cold but inwardly loving
I'm not sure if they count as tsundere, but I love this type. It feels so good when they show their caring feelings that they have hidden deep down inside.

So every delinquent ever in anime and manga is tsundere? Every villain that have ever changed of sides is tsundere? Every character with a little of personality is a tsundere? Every character that have ever changed his mind about something is tsundere? Sasuke was the best tsundere ever? I'm sorry if I don't care about your wiki entry but I just will call bullshit and move on with my life.

Also I cannot find decent scans from them anywhere because I don't have my laptop but also Chiaki from Nodame and Kyo from Furuba are also amazingly classic male tsundere.

Male tsundere is the thinking woman's choice

Don't hate me for defining words. This is the original definition of tsundere. I don't know what you are on about, you can have a personality without acting hostile on the outside/loving on the inside (or going from hostile-->loving over the course of a series).

That said, Vegeta is a total tsundere and in fact was voted #1 male tsundere in Japan. lol.

Yes

But they're so frequent that it's almost expected, right next to the prince type.

The true patrician taste is the girly boy. Not a trap, but that one boy who can get along with the girls.

Tsundere boys are the best.

Would you say Sup Forums-kun is tsundere for the dog?

Damn right. I remember when Ore Monogatari or whatever that garbage is called came out and people on Sup Forums were fawning over this new and improved shoujo lead who never showed any mean side. "Drama free shoujo" it was called. (Helped that the guy was ugly/fat).

So fucking boring.

If he's violent and bitchy like Then no, there's no difference.

Its expected because it works. When I crack open a romance manga I want to see a hot guy with a sexy personality. I don't want "the unexpected".

That said Mikorin is adorable. He's just not a solid romantic lead, imho, which is why he's virginzoned in the first place. He kind of is supposed to be like a female tsundere in his personality, iirc. Hori has more of the male tsundere personality type but he's a manlet so whatever.

When a kuudere woman means a tsundere man..

The series felt slow definitely, but Takeo was cute. Sure he didn't have a regular personality caused any long lasting conflict, but he was a bro, a gentleman, and thickly built and muscular which I was sorely missing from shoujo male leads.

I get what you're saying. Unexpected only works when they have a solid idea going for it. Otherwise it's just novelty for the sake of it.

I want to play games with Mikorin all night long.

Does he emote at all? Those bedroom eyea do nothing for me.

Tsundere boys are fucking cute and top tier.

He emotes a little bit. Definitely on the cold side of the sliding scale of hot vs. cold male tsunderes though.

shojocorner.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/sliding-scales-of-male-tsundere/

Popular blond asshole can just go fuck themselves, it's the worst kind of male in shoujo.
I'm more leaned to delinquent one.

>Popular blond asshole the worst
> Not the token slut
> Not the bland prince
> Not the outwardly emotionless autist

>token slut
means he's popular.
>bland "prince"
means he's popular.
>outwardly emotionless autist
eh indifferent about it.

Sauce?

Agreed, even if popular blonde assholes are cliche at least they are always entertaining.

The prince guy makes me fall asleep.

Popular is one thing, but assholes are always fun. Also I like the reformed manwhore thing in shoujo (or even not so reformed).

Every time I see a blond asshole they have the same dead eyes and face. Ehy can't they just give those eyes to someone more deserving?

It depends on the execution. Here's a recent, good male tsundere.

Kyouya, Irie and who else?

Bonus points if the manwhore is best boy.

Of course

Delinquents can be cute if done well. But I can't stand shoujo delinquents for some reason.

Only when the heroine actually has backbone to her, otherwise it feels one-sided and wasted.

Sure, overpower her and make her weak in the knees, but when she falls for him I want her to go down swinging.

yes

This, pretty much.

I've been reading Love Lab and it's wonderful whenever Yan's going dere when overwhelmed by Maki's full dere

I love these guys' banters. Best part of the manga.

I miss him already.

I'm no fan of them myself, but the smug male lead is rarely done well so those types go right up with blond assholes.

When will this juunon boy man up and propose to Miwa?

I feel like it's because that archetype is kind of the default "not perfect" boy; the easiest way to show that the male lead doesn't fit into the typing of what a lover "ought" to be, but lovable enough that you don't hate him at the end of it. The handsome troubled bad boy-lite.

But I can't stand it. It's a winning archetype, but it feels like it's going stale.

>girly boy
I got the right manga for you. Shame the other chapters were not translated.

He looks like a lot of fun.

I wish there were some of the shounen girly boys in shoujo as well, just for more variety.

Tsundere boys are actually cute unlike the girls. Tsundere girls end up looking like a complete bitch to the mc

Yes.

Untrue. Male tsunderes come off as dicks from what I've read, but a different flavor of dick than the girls. I like them only a little more than female Tsunderes.

Best boy, I can't believe how much I disliked him at first

Very yes

Gay boi can't win.

Why would I want he win? Lilina is the one who deserves to win the MC bowl.

They're the best kind of boys.

Probably the next chapter will reveal Misaki is Nisaka's marriage partner, shocking.

Tsundere boys are the best boys. They deserve more love.

Isn't that the decent family member?

Yup, along with the lazy dude.