Why was the thread deleted? It was anime

Why was the thread deleted? It was anime.
Anyway, how does Sup Forums feel about the original Pokemon anime being retconned?
youtube.com/watch?v=5NHzI6_D4Tg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lfUe6sqCz5o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_hedgehog
youtube.com/watch?v=5NHzI6_D4Tg&t=0m54s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not a retcon, it's an alternate retelling or an alternate timeline, kind of like Pokemon Origins or Pokemon Generations.

And not one fuck was given.

>retconning those watercolor backgrounds

Those motherfuckers

>Why was the thread deleted? It was anime.
Probably because it fits better on

Wow, Ho-oh finally got its own movie.

This has no serena in it. Can't be /vp/

Threads about the Pokemon anime specifically have always been tolerated on a once-in-a-while basis. /vp/ was made because the franchise as a whole is huge, with things like the games, TCG, manga, anime, etc.

I have never been hype for a Pokémon movie before but I can't wait to see this one. It hurts that it's over a year away.

Who are the VAs?

>no misty
>no brock

I can already hear the wailing going on right now.

>it's an alternate retelling
Yes, that's called a retcon.

>post gen 1 besides Ho-oH

What the fuck is this shit?

With that logic, all adaptations are retcons.

Different things. A retelling means an alternate story. A retcon means something that used to be canon isn't canon anymore.

it's not about Ash, it's about Red.

Motherfucker does that look like Red to you?

A 20-year-old show making a new continuity.

Why can't they come up with a new MC? If they're going to reuse Ash, at least give him back his old personality instead of making him the bland faggot that he is nowadays.

Probably to keep shilling Pikachu and Charizard

>Why was the thread deleted?
Because OP was retarded and typed like a thirteen-year-old.

>Anyway, how does Sup Forums feel about the original Pokemon anime being retconned?
I literally could not give less of a shit.

>no Brock
>no Misty
>including other pokemon other the original 150

I can already tell its gonna be shit

But we're not in the age of bland self insert XY Ash anymore.

>Still using localized names
Absolutely disgusting.

Because you have your own fucking board where you can rag about it all day but still eat the same rehashed shit franchise over and over again.
And you're complaining this? It has tossed aside its dignity long ago and have made a mockery of its protagonist time and time again, it should

come to no surprise that your precious OS has become nostalgiabait and the plaything of people desperately trying to recapture the glory days.

Fuck off.

>muh XY

It looks strange but I can't hate anything with Mezase Pokemon Master attached to it.

Ash has been a generic nice guy for a long while now, even before XY.

>he still thinks there were only 150 pokemon

So you're going to say all future appearences of brock and misty will have the movie characters in future anime appearances?

It's pretty cool to see Ho-Oh wreck bitches on Ash's behalf, but aside from the semi-retro designs and some plot points, I don't see this movie treading new territory.

I'd say he's been like that during AG

>original 150
>Ho-Oh was in episode 1
>the Togepi episode aired a year before Gen 2 came out
>there is no logical in-universe reason why Mew is 151 while Mewtwo is 150

at least alternative Brock is a cute girl (male)

Scientists are weird. That's why we have gene sequences named Sonic Hedgehog and Pikachurin.

Probably the autism genes

So wait, the SM anime is in a new continuity? I guess we can pretend XY never happened then.

No, that's just some bullshit some faggots are trying to force.

I've lost all interest in it now. If I wanted to see new characters, I'd be watching the current anime.

Well, that's one way to show you're retarded.

Moderately interested, but honestly I want the this new Mezase Pokemon Master remix more than anything, that song and OK are my shit!

Mezase Pokémon Master is fucking tight but Spurt! is my jam.

I
KU
ZE

WE'LL
BE
THERE

Honestly I like a good portion of the OP's, its just that Mezase and OK hold a special spot.

youtube.com/watch?v=lfUe6sqCz5o

>That's why we have gene sequences named Sonic Hedgehog
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_hedgehog
>SHH remains important in the adult. It controls cell division of adult stem cells and has been implicated in the development of some cancers.
>Sonic literally gives people cancer

Fixing plot holes.

They should make Chicken-chan the MC, have Lillie be the love interest, and focus on cute yuri adventures.

Being gay is illegal in Pokémon, they had an episode about it.

>Name is "Cross"
>His hair forms an X
What did they mean by this

They did?

BLACKED

>Souji
>Makoto

Oh, good, glad they arent brock and misty.

I'm exaggerating but
>random character of the day builds a machine that lets pokémon of the same gender become attracted to each other
>Brock says this is unacceptable and personally sees to stopping it
It was in late DP.

Is it me or Kasumifags just got BTFO once again?

Serves them right.

Yeah, but Brock is a faggot and the butt of everyone's jokes. Who cares what he thinks.

Where is garry?

He got replaced by the furfag in the top right

What if the old man is Ash timetraveling from the future?

The old man with the backpack is Red.

Makes me feel good that I dropped this garbage after the Hoenn season

Is...Inceneroar popular? I've been out of the loop since SM was really bad but is that terrible furshit design popular?

No, but that won't stop them from forcing it

Why? Why not use the grass starter? Incineroars design is just...so fucking bad.

For real? How was that even localized without unleashing an uproar?

ehhh, so they replaced Brock and Misty?

>DP
Nobody gave a fuck back then

make sense, since one of Brock's shtick is being a breeder. Can't make eggs if you put two guys in the daycare, so you're just wasting everyone's time.

Yeah. Primarina is the best SM starter.

will it have nice shonen battles like xy&z? I swear that and nostalgia would make me watch it

youtube.com/watch?v=5NHzI6_D4Tg&t=0m54s

So if no Brock and Misty does it mean we won't have any gym leader battles?

all the XY movies had garbage battles

But who's the fucking gym leader then?

sold

I'm talking about battles like the greninja ones at the end of the season

right, that's what i'm saying. the show had good battles but the movies didn't. this is a movie.

>including other pokemon other the original 150
You mean like the original show did?

What what.

This is going to be the Marshadow movie? I thought this was just going to be a nostalgia trip revisiting the Indigo League.

it is in a way it doesn't follow the original anime but this one is going to a different route. Is a retelling of Ash's adventure but holy fuck the fucking mess they are doing, how far will it reach? through Elite 4?

Aren't pokemon movies usually like 90 minutes? That sounds retarded

well Pokemon itself has its own board

not that i object to this thread

there was one scene in a gym battle so unless they doing what they did with Generations which was a short sequence without the full battle

How about that Hoopa movie? Didn't it include shitton of legendaries?

>I thought this was just going to be a nostalgia trip revisiting the Indigo League
nah, based on the companions and rival, it's not nostalgia shit.

I dont know why they even bothered with Ho-oh. Kids dont know about that.

Don't the PVs for the Pokemon movies always utilize tons of scenes and elements that aren't in the actual product?

How much of this are we going to actually see in the film proper?

Gen 1
Gen 2
Gen 4
Gen 7

Gen 3 and 5 and 6 confirmed for shit

Generations was a western project tho.

It did, but it was just a deathmatch. Good to look at, but kinda meh.

that's true, I was very dissapointed about the Arceus movie because nothing i've seen in the first trailers were even in the movie, that cool battle sequence between the dragons and Arceus never happened, just like Zorua never changed into an evil Ash

>Generation
fuck i meant Origins, holy shit did I mess it up

Maybe in this movie Ash will win a league, unless they try to avoid having him participate in it because reasons

Because it's to give a sense of closure to that aspect of the series. The first episode of Pokémon came out in April 1997, and the biggest thing it ended on was Ho-Oh, a Pokémon that had yet to be outright named at the time. Yet despite that being its major debut, it never had a particularly huge role compared to other legendary Pokémon in the anime. Ho-Oh is rarely directly seen in the anime. Ash saw it again at the end of the original series, and once more late in Advanced Generation. Other than that, it's only ever appeared in cameos in movies near the beginning, as an illusion, or in flashbacks. It hasn't really gotten a major starring role until this movie, and I doubt we really would have seen it in Unova, Kalos, Alola, or other Pokémon regions not based on Japan. It's finally getting the focus that it was promised 20 years ago.

I can just imagine Gen II being released on the eShop during the summer and the teaser for the next movie showing the GS Ball. Might as well wrap that story up.

Kids dont know about hooh. Literally serves nothing to advance money making.

>it's to give a sense of closure to that aspect of the series.
Ash saw Ho-Oh.

The end. There is nothing to it.

>there are people here RIGHT NOW who prefer the English opening to the Japanese one
Absolutely disgusting.

You say it like it had zero meaning when that clearly was not the case. While it would appear very infrequently from that point onward, you could tell that it being there was a promise for another day, a promise of adventure, mystery, trials, and friendship.

meh, Brock is more iconic and memorable. Same with Gary. I didnt think much about the Hooh stuff, thought it was cool but thought it best to never ever go beyoind just Ash seeing it for a few seconds.

The battle of legendaries in Hoopa was fine. They did put some effort into that part.

The Sonic Hedgehog actually does have theorized ties to autism

3 and 5 are the weakest performing generations, and 6 just ended so they can't get nostalgiabucks or push what's current