Mfw there are 0 good anime this season

>mfw there are 0 good anime this season
>inb4 shingeki and hero
Kill yourselves

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slice–of–life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its the normalfags season. I haven't even pick up anything yet.

>he says it while posting garbage like k-on
Ok.

this desu

If you're not watching anime then you should fuck off from this board.

>k-on is garbage
Shit taste detected

>You can only watch anime from the currently running season

Just watch K-On! again you dumb retard.

That's not what I said. If you're watching anime from your backlog then don't complain, you have something to watch.
If you're not watching anime at all then fuck off.

>bahamut
>natsume
>not good

Then why don't you just get rid of some of your backlog?

>spoonfeeding OP

It's been many years since we've had a TV anime better than K-On!!

sakura quest

>bahamut
>literally a mobile game advertisment with zero value
lel

Snk and Hero are good, fag.

happy merchant is good so far

What's wrong with Hero Academia?

>inb4 reddit

what about "delinquent-kun beats up sword-wielding schoolgirls:machiavellianism"

>If you're watching anime from your backlog then don't complain
Are you retarded? Disliking a season =/ not liking/watching anime

Uchouten Kazoku season 2 though.

But LWA is still airing

Seriously what the fuck is with this season?

Go back to your school anime club.

Why watch an anime when their respective manga turned to garbage? That's like setting yourself up to be disappointed.

>mushishi for girls
You should kill yourself.

If you're a contrarian faggot you should just sick to your deep series or K-on.

>contrarian faggot
If you think that the snk/bnha manga are good currently, you probably like to eat your families literal shit as well.

It's nice to have something to watch alongside Sup Forums though so you can all shitpost about the latest episode together with your only friends

there hasn't been one

This season is pretty shit desu
AOTS is gonna be Sakura whatever by default probably

there's eccentric family s2

>K-on
>garbage

I share a board with this guy.

why would you want to watch a show entirely focused on characters, only for those characters to be entirely unrealistic?

>watching anime for realism
Are you okay?

Because I like to see how characters interact. I like to see characters grow. That's why I watch shows that are more character centric. I don't like watching shows with one dimensional, cardboard cutouts for characters.

three-dimensional is synonymous with realistic though. They cant be anything but one-dimensional if they aren't realistic.

>i want my anime to be realistic

Video games retards all over again.

I thought the keions were pretty realistic.

And? The growth and relationships of characters in K-ON was pretty realistic. KyoAni thanks to them being the best studio, was able to portray those things visually instead of 5 minute internal monologues.

it's called Slice of Life not Slice of Fantasy.
even all the fans over here apparently dont think so either.
oh yeah that's true, but only because the characters were meticulously designed to bounce off of each other over realism. You can give your characters good chemistry while still being realistic, just takes a bit more effort.

>K-On
>not realistic
Nice meme, the director is just like Yui.

>it's called Slice of Life not Slice of Fantasy
Name one completely realistic SoL.

>it's called Slice of Life not Slice of Fantasy.
Are you seriously under the impression that the point of SoL shows is to be realistic?
How the fuck did you get that idea?

You are just a retard wanting "you's".

In all sincerity, Yui reminds me a lot of myself when I was in school

Akage no Anne, probably because it was an actual book and not a manga.
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slice–of–life

Definition of slice–of–life
: of, relating to, or marked by the accurate transcription (as into drama) of a segment of actual life experience

accurate meaning accurate-to-life meaning realistic.

no the director shares some similar surface level traits to the character.

>I get my anime genre definitions from English dictionaries

the japanese definition says "a scene of human life"

Okay, and?

the word jinsei implies realism

your posts imply autism

There's been no good anime this year.

Just like last year and the year before.
Actually I lied, I like LWA.

Whichever dictionary you use, it's irrelevant if it's not in the specific context of anime. Anime slice of life is not intended to be realistic, or else like 90% of all entries in the genre wouldn't count.

Because t's fucking anime you sperg.

>Hinako Note
>not good

fuck off

It's called slice of life but obviously it's not going to adhere 100% to reality, no one could escape like that.

he didn't say gran blue

thank you
I don't know how the fact that it was animated in the country of Japan lets it escape from universal genre conventions.
if I were to give a liberal estimate I'd say it maybe 40% adhered to real life.

There are no universal genre conventions.
Who is the genre police? Who determined that slice of life has to be realistic or otherwise it doesn't count? Why does that matter?

ignoring the fact that all art has striven to portray the human condition realistically since the greeks, what do you think makes K-On not a shounen then? Since there are no universal genre conventions or whatever then K-On must be a shounen too right? The point of genre conventions are they separate shows based on what they do. Slice of Life has realism implied in every definition of it. This is why people made up the CGDCT genre. Because moe shows dont fall into SoL because they are not realistic.

SOL are just scenes where nothing happens and can be considered "normal" or 'realistic" way of living.

Genre is a spook, you're wasting your breath. K-On is what it is whether you think it fits into a certain genre or not. If you wanna attack K-On on the grounds that it's not realistic, than do so rather than being petty about genre definitions.

Shounen isn't a genre.
And I don't really care if your personal definition of SoL excludes K-On. Why does this matter?

The point of genre labels is to be able to refer to what type of show something is in shorthand in a way that everyone will understand. People know what you're talking about when you say SoL, they're not going to come back after watching it and say "wait a minute, these characters weren't realistic, this isn't what I signed up for!" Especially when the same thing applies to practically every single other anime of the same type.

That fag obviously doesn't watch enough anime.

I think your problem is you watch too much anime and don't read enough books.

Reading is for fags

rakugo

anime genres and literature genres are kinda different. When you read a sci-fi book it's sci-fi. When you watch a sci-fi fantasy sol mecha harem anime the genres are used to describe how fucking all over the place it is.

Yeah right

No, genre refers to actual conventions and form.

Maybe when you're talking to your fellow Literature PhDs. I don't give a shit though.