Seikaisuru Kado

Why are there no threads? This looks like it might be the sleeper hit of the spring.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EYOIZ2y5bc8
youtu.be/Zb23-qAOjeg
mobile.twitter.com/Seikaisuru_Kado/status/850029108893331456?p=v
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know this seems like a real dumb fucking question. But do I start this series with episode 0, or 1?

>Why are there no threads?
Because you missed the airing thread and people are turned off by the CG.
Episode 0, no reason not to watch it. Just know that episode 1 onwards is CG (but not god awful CG).

The zero episode gives bit more background, but it can skipped. Better to watch it just in case.

It aired 2 days ago, you missed the previous threads and there was one earlier today

Watching this for Science Kugimiya Rie

>This looks like it might be the sleeper hit of the spring.
Carlos please, I'll be back here to laugh at you when the season is over.

Just finished episode 0. Definitely going to keep watching.

>>turned off by the CG

Kek

I feel like I've seen him somewhere before.

I don't get why the main characters are CG and other are not, maybe it's just to make the cube interaction looks normal?

PROTEST THIS ANIME WE DONT WANT FILTHY 3D

dude, I watched RWBY I just want consistency, go full CG or don't

Kemono Friends is CG in it's entirety, this switched between it which was a bit jarring for a lot of people.

RWBY isn't even anime

Is that Merlin Lily?

I wouldn't have minded a whole show like episode 0, it was pretty comfy. But I am still interested, episode 2 will probably be the decider.

Probably cheaper to makes assets only for the main crew and not characters who will appear for 2 or 3 scenes.

>watch episode 0
>snooze fest
>get to episode 1
>shitty CG show
WHY

i want an anime about industrial metal plating

Yeah that would be cool, I enjoyed seeing that in Ep 0 too, its very rare in anime. I'd like to see more anime about engineers designing and building things.

I worked with electroplating in university and industry for a bit, and I certainly understand the problems that company was having. But I think chrome plating solution is dark orange, not green. Nickel solution is green.

Reminds me of "The Langoliers" by Stephen King. Japan will find a way to screw this up.

I'm almost done with the first episode and it seems alright so far. Didn't know there was an episode 0 though,

Why are young businessmen so moe?

CGarbage. Some people have standards and don't watch eye cancer inducing animation.

Episode 0 is pretty cool, goverment officials doing negotiation and such sounds fun.

Kemono Friends was fucking ugly as shit and I cannot understand its popularity. The girls aren't even cute.

We had three threads, what the fuck were you smoking?

I felt the same. I also felt the same about Rokka no Yuusha bait and switch.

Episode synopsis seemed so convoluted that I never even bothered to take a look at it when subs came out. Is it any good?

Yeah

That, and the main characters will probably have many interactions inside the alien cube, which has to be full CG.

That's exactly the impression I got when they got on the plane

Enjoyed the first ep (The whole metal plating thing interests me)

The CG looks trash and im just not going to bother if they cant.

Going by the PVs, the ayy lmao is trying to uplift humanity in some way, but can't do it by himself because both parties have to have full understanding of what they are doing. That's where the negotiators come into play.

Is there homoshit in it?

MC and his male kouhai are a couple living together

GAAAAAAAAAY

I watched episode 1 first and liked it. I really don't give a shit about 3DCG if the story is interesting.

I'm smelling yaoi all over this shit, watching it with caution.

>implying MC won't drop his kouhai for the alien
It's not gay if the other party isn't human.

There are speculations that kouhai got bodyjacked by the alien considering their face and hair are pretty similar and they are linked in the ED montage.

>Excited for an anime about my profession
>Treads the line on gayshit
N-no

This is definitely AOTS. Maybe even AOTY.

And it has as much gay as Hibike Euphonium.

Why does it keep switching between nice 2D and shit CG mid episode?

White dude looked pretty cool. Then I saw the faggy sandles.

Ask Toei

This is the Fune wo Amu this season.

Natsume turned to shit and flopped last Fall.

Uchouten Kazoku same shit.

P.A. Works is back at their game, if it turned shit next episode, Netflix can't save them this time.

J.C. Staff atleast trying.

>CG
>sub-par first episode

But hey, who knows.

looks like an uninteresting version of Valkyria Chronicles (the game)

Episode 0 was quite good.
Would watch more like it without any supernatural shit.

Just watch Classroom Crisis.

He's an alien; you can't expect him to understand fashion.

Kinky.

I read this on another board, it's like they're only testing the waters. Netflix is owned by Disney, which keeps on buying all of this CG projects that flopped in Japan, like Gantz: O movie with a lower standard CG compare to Captain Harlock. I don't think they will buy Kemono Friends, but they bought all of the recent CG anime.

Maybe Disney have an agenda, they even outsourced some projects on Toei's CG department.

The other reason, students on our generation doesn't want to work on a sweatshop with a salary lower than a part-time cashier. Compared to a CG animator, sitting all day clicking buttons earning 50 grand annually. And adding the birth rate problem. I think most of the animators in Japan don't have a college degree.

And now we got this anime using Unity engine. A big step compare to Sanzigen, Etotama, Liden Films, Orange, Polygon, and Graphinica. I love the part when the alien introduce himself.

Watch this new project.
youtu.be/EYOIZ2y5bc8

The first part on this video is the best we got in terms of 2D aesthetic.
youtu.be/Zb23-qAOjeg

I'd rather not.

this is the first time i didn't recognize her voice. am i getting rusty or does she not sound like her usual self in this?

Well she's not being intentionally insufferable like usual, so.

a bit jarring yes, but i was extremely surprised that they handled it as well as they did.

>youtu.be/EYOIZ2y5bc8
God, those movements are really REALLY bad

At least there's a new studio trying to improve their CG work, but I think it will flop hard unlike Kemono Friends.

They should just go full 60fps smooth cg and not this janky shit.

That was a nice and interesting episode, picked up, hopefully it won't be too fujo.
I have to watch ep 0 now.

>politician wastes tax money just to let his friend retire
so this is why the world is fucked up nowadays
it's only as fujo as you think it is, the short-hair obviously wants the D to the point where her boss can see it

I think a lot of animators experimenting on the show. This scene surprised me, I thought it was traditional animation at first, until they announced it on twitter.
mobile.twitter.com/Seikaisuru_Kado/status/850029108893331456?p=v

The first part on episode 0 are not all traditional animated. Unity engine does it job.

I'll agree if it's full CG anime, but on a traditional animation project for cutting corners, 24 fps Cg on 24 fps scene is reasonable. if it's not balanced it will look weird like when the cube deformed on this series.

So literally Arrival: The Anime

But actually good.

>Unearthly space cube appears from nowhere
>All Earth methods to destroy it fail
>No one suggests First Contact until the end

Really?

Episode 1 is more interesting, so honestly I'd suggest watching it before 0.

Looks gay and uncute, what's supposed to be so interesting about it?

The shitty mmd cg makes me cringe every minute I had to stop.

Fuck off you two.

Answer the question instead of being a piece of shit

shitposters don't deserve to ask a question

>The girls aren't even cute.

Not liking what you like is not shitposting, you oversensitive faggot.

I don't know how can people still be complaining about CGI, it was very smooth and not jarring at all, they are obviously getting better at implementing it.

Also, I want to fuck the cake.

They just hate CG, don't bother. They're CG experts, they call all 2D anime CG mikumiku.

>not jarring at all
Are you blind? The fact they kept switching between 2D and 3D was so jarring. At least stick to one.

There was nobody to communicate with until the alien decided to show himself.

>Arrival invented first contact

it didn't bother me with this show

that fucking line show constantly switching though made me rage

I thought the 2D was for more detail shots and the 3D for its motion scenes?

Has Toei ever made (intentional) Yaoi?

Yeah it might be. It seems interesting.

I hope that they keep what they're doing with the first 2 episodes. They have a lot of characters that has the same priority and are relative to the setting.

It looks better in motion. The stills aren't great, I agree.

Not that this is 10/10 animation or anything, but it's watchable and certain parts (the cube) look really good.

They made Patalliro and Patalliro Saiyuki about a million years ago.

Just watched ep 1. It was not what I expected, but the animation is great except for the CG i the end.

HOT SWEATY CUBE BASED ACTION

ED is amazing.

Is this Sidonia all over again with the CG?

If you are expecting this show to still be good by the final episode you are tripping. It has literally all the hallmarks of something that will go full retard about halfway through and end as a total clusterfuck.

No, Sidonia, was full CG.

The OP track is pretty nice too.

We don't get music in this style often now.

>full retard
It'll reach Evangelion levels of weird by the finale, mark my words.

But really unless Toei goes full retard with the pacing it'll still be pretty watchable.

Am i the only one bothered by the scientist girl? The way she acted when the passengers of the plane are at stake made her look like a psychopath.

Where will the story go? Your predictions.

I didn't even notice this. Honestly, the story is interesting, and the possibility of having to negotiate with aliens sounds intriguing. I don't see how animation should take away from the experience. That horrendous CG car in Alice to Zourouku is way worse and everyone was able to look past it.

Well due to the summary he wants to medal with Japanese internal affairs.

So I assume he wants to become King or something with a lot of power, It's hard to tell when there is a huge fucking cube in the middle of the runway but they mention him wanting to be involved with internal affairs.