Sup Forums please explain to me how come a show about five girls drinking tea, eating cake...

Sup Forums please explain to me how come a show about five girls drinking tea, eating cake, doing silly things and playing music from time to time managed to make such a long lasting impact on me.

The answer is Kyoto Animation, the best anime studio. The manga is nothing special.

Compared to your shitty life, theirs is 100x better

OP you wish you had 4 other friends to drink tea, eat cake, and play music together

Kyoani magic, back when they still had soul

They're not real user. user, wake up...wake up user...

>what is moe

K-On! is the original slice of life, the one every other show tried and failed to replicate (save for a few like NonNon Biyori). It's also the perfect coming of age story and the friendship between the girls feels genuine and warm.

The atmosphere of the show is also great .

Consecutive AOTS's Hibike Euphonium and Maid Dragon had so much soul. They both feel like passion projects.

Mugi is.

That's false. LS is the original SoL and it was orders of magnitude better than K-On. I'd rather watch the chocolate cornet conversation on repeat for 24 hours than rewatch K-On

I really liked both of those, but KyoAni has been weaker over the past 4 years or so. Kyoukai no Kanata, Free, Chuunibyou S2 and Musaigen sucked, Amagi was pretty good but nothing special.

Let's accept it, KyoAni are the gods of anime. People hate them because they're the biggest studio, but they don't stop releasing instant classic after instant classic. That's not luck, that's actual talent.

Lucky Star is a better anime than TTGL.

The anime adaptation probably came at the right time. I remember myself and a few other anons hating on it because of reasons but I guess it was "different" from the other anime airing at the same time so I grew to like it anyway.

Also, KyoAni's handling of an otherwise mediocre 4koma manga was excellent.

What about Tamako Love Story and Koe no katachi?

TTGL is trash for normals

every retard who says they like anime always mention TTGL in the same breath as SAO and SnK, it's fucking sickening

Euphonium and Maid Dragon were both pretty to look at but in the end they really weren't that much, just like K-On when it came out.

>Lucky Star the original SoL

How fucking new are you?

TLS was great (Tamako Market good but not among their best). Unfortunately haven't watched Koe no Katachi.

Chuu2 S2 was fun. Fuck the haters. It was good, pointless fun. Y'all mad because you expected more romantic progression between the vagina and Rikka but it was fucking fun. The Shinka/Deko antics were great even if Deko's a cunt.
Tamako Love Story was well done. Tamako Market still felt like a passion project but suffered from too many characters and too little character development to go around for all of them. Emotional investment into characters is essential for a successful SoL and the end result here was there were too many characters you didn't give a shit about and it got boring.
Phantom World was a really unfortunate choice of source material. The last thing the world needed was another battleharem.
Free was an unfortunate choice of source material for humans who are only attracted to women.

Not either him or the other guy. I think you were supposed to either play along or not be the guy who points it out when everyone else is in on the joke. I guess you probably feel awkward now.

That feeling when no one gives a shit about Munto (I really don't either)

Mugi is such a nigger cock slayer holy shit.
>I can fit this much

You're mentally vacant.

With Shinkai being a pretentious adolescent tfw no gf director and Hosoda being a incestuous furry director, Yamada might be the only wholesome mainstream film director in the industry right now.

Munto was so bad that even Kigami recognized it and never directed a series again.

What's next in Yamada's master plan? Anti-sekuhara film?

Because you're autistic like all Kyoanus shiteaters

>LS
>better than keion

Hidamari Sketch shits all over LS.

My wife Mugi is so cute.

I want to sniff your wife's butt.

Unfortunately that is solely my job. Mugi tells me she appreciates the sentiment, though.

Fun things are fun, OP.

What if 's name is Tyrone?

I just started watching this show for the first time

>went in expecting to get bored
>had seen sora no woto
>was expecting a more boring version of that

It's so fucking good user, why is this show so fucking entertaining?

It's also so cozy and heartwarming.

It's comfy much better than SnW

When I was in the fourth grade I was sort of a troublemaker type of kid. After the school eventually had enough of my bullshit they
put me in a special ed class for behavioural problems. I made lots of special needs friends and the class was actually pretty fun,
since you didn't have to do as much work as you would for a mainstream education class. They gave you rewards for behaving and let
you goof off when you were stressed so you wouldn't flip all the tables in a (in hindsight) very hilarious fashion. I eventually
got out of the special needs class and went on to high school and then college, where I studied autism and education. After I graduated
college I became a teacher for a special needs class and taught for a good 30 years before retiring and teaching seminars on
autistic children's behaviour patterns.

Of all of my years and years of experience, you are the most autistic person I've ever met.

My wife *does not* appreciate forced memes.

LS is shit

If you like the show in the beginning, you'll love it by the end

Accept your fate or turn back now. Soon the only thing that will make you feel anything is K-on

I've never seen this but with time it seems more and more appealing and I already know I will watch it. It's gonna be the first moe shit. I remember seeing there a chart displaying how much and what anime you watch as time progresses, I guess it was right after all
Also Yui seems like a cute girl.

The manga was actually prime-rate garbo.

I was so happy after finishing K-on that I could read the manga too. Now I'm maybe 7 chapters into the manga but I'm on my third watch of the anime.
The manga fucking sucks.

My wives are so cute!

ikr, at least the anime was dank ya know smhrntbqhwy

>Also Yui seems like a cute girl.
you have no idea

i read the manga first it was fine, just that she show blows it out of the water. it's the same jokes, they even gutted some for the show.

Yui can be your wife, but you failed to notice above that I have already stated my marriage to Mugi.

She would choose me over you. I'm black.

Because it's what we wish we had in school

If you only watch one "cute girls doing cute things" show in your life, K-ON is a pretty good choice.
The first season might be hard to get into if you're not already a fan of the genre, but the second season is fantastic all around.

Pretty sure Azumanga Daioh came first.

Do you think Yui knkows how to clean herself, or does Ui have to do it for her?

ui wipes

Really, really, really like this show, got me into playing guitar and I'm pretty happy it did

I need K-On concert. I know someone here has it.

>reading about music

if you play guitar as often as they do in the show you probably suck at it. Because they barely play music at all

Luckily I'm a faggot who sits inside all day and practices for like 3 hours by himself

Have you ever watched other people practice music? It's boring as fuck.
I wouldn't want to watch a show about playing the same songs over and over until you get them right.

There are huge time skips between episodes, especially in the first season. Its not out of the question to believe that they do practice somewhat between episodes and they just dont show it because practicing for band is boring as fuck. Azuza just hates fun and wants to practice 24/7

Two whole episodes of Yui failing to study because she keeps whipping out her guitar and playing it instead of studying.

They practice daily at home all the time.

Yui is filthy!

She can wash them again.

idk i thought it was pretty boring desu

this

Do you accept Bang Dream into your hearts as K-On's successor?

shit taste.

No. Stop forcing this stupid meme.

While certainly not my favorite, one underrated feature of Yui-chan's is her sweet rack. I can imagine being a shota and taking guitar lessons from her and experiencing my first hard-ons.

I LOVE RITSU

because you realized that these simple things mean the world to you

She doesn't like you.

> That Mugi and Ritsu going out to the arcade episode

Made me hnnnggg so hard

Did you even watch this? They practice off screen obviously.

New to anime, but I know that Sup Forums loves this show so I watched the first season today.

Fucking loved it.

Word of advice: watch the whole season 2 plus the OVAs before watching the movie. You'll have MAXIMUM FEELS.

Why not practice onscreen?

You can't disagree that the final fight in the movie it was epic though.

People who like SAO would also agree that liquids are necessary for survival. Are you going to say that water is evil then?

Normalfag.

Dirty water is evil.

They're right though. Prove me wrong.

I'm a Kyoani fan but i genuinely think that BanG Dream was the better anime. The music, the animation, the writing, it's so good that it have just replaced the spot that K-On previously had in my heart. The studio behind that really knew what they were doing. I wonder what they was called.

New to anime, but I know that Sup Forums loves this show so I watched the first season today.

Fucking hated it.