Eastern Orthodox General

If you're going to convert to Christianity, become Orthodox.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.ancientfaith.com/nootherfoundation/replying-sr-vassas-mail/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWopa4I5g3xCpebu63uiMabsL7qBv35Cj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Convince me why Orthodox over Catholicism.
t. convert willing Prottie

Why? My ancestors were Mormon and Baptist so if I was to convert to Christianity I would probably pick one of those two. Orthodoxy seems foreign and exotic and I'd rather a religion be comfy and familiar.

1. It has the strongest claim to being the original, undivided Church

2. The theology of Orthodoxy makes far more sense than a lot of Catholic stuff. No original sin, no immaculate conception, etc. The purpose of Orthodox life is to attain union with God through theosis.

3. By far the most uncucked of all Christian denominations right now. The Orthodox Church is far more traditional and more untouched by the scourge of post-modernism that is rotting Catholicism

> strongest claim
> undivided Church
lmao, Orthodox church relapsed its contraception and abortion policies instantly after fall of communism in order to lure old believers back
> makes far more sense
"its just great mystery" is not a sufficient answer when talking about God's philosophical aspects and will's purpose
> the most uncucked of all Christian
see the first point, you can't even have evangelical conversions outside of Orthodox countries and even heretical Protties manage to do it better than you

>Meme flag
There's no point shilling with those on

>Convince me why Orthodox over Catholicism.
see pic related.

I'm open, but I would like to hear some reasoning for those points further than just meme tier answers

I'm Orthodox. It's pretty comfy, and so much interesting history to learn about, the Raskolniki, the False Dmitri period, the Iron Guard, the White Army, the Greek battles with the Turks, etc. It's nice. Plus, all our most profound philosophers were explicitly anti-western, so we dont have any sjw enlightenment bullshit to deal with.

Please, read Karamazov Brothers. You will thank me.

Dostoevsky is probably the best writer in history, totally shits on Tolstoy. He is a treasure of Orthodox minds

What should an agnostic do?

Actually study metaphysics for one

Read the Bible.

This. He saw what the students were learning about ((communism)) and ((moral relativity)) and just shat all over their ideas with good writing that goes into political as well as psychological ideas.

Expand your mind until you break free of the shackles of post-modernism and it's soul killing philosophy of materialism.

It's Jewish bullshit.

Hey OP! Tell me more about Eastern Orthodox.

Im a Christian but not part of any denomination or type of church. However, I find Eastern Orthodox very intriguing largely due to the fact that it involves mysticism and metaphysics.

I used to be Protestant. i was raised Protestant. But that didnt work for me since most protestant denominations teach that anything mystical or metaphysical is satanic. Pentecostalism and Charismatic Protestantism are exceptions, though they just didnt go "deep" enough for me.

best thing is, Dostoevsky never short-sold his opponents. He made them intellectual titans, who had their nihilist arguments down tight, but then he delved into the personal consequences of those beliefs and in the end exposed each one through their actions as vile, holloy individuals looking for any excuse to justify their sadistic passions

I would read a little Seraphim Rose, the Philokalia, Dostoevsky, and Codreanu's book 'For My Legionaries'

> poll taken in America. If you included Orthodox countries, would be entirely reversed.

Number of Orthodox countries with gay marriage: ZERO

I still don't understand how the orthodox church managed to spread in Russia when it is a Byzantine religion.

fucking Americans and their "devotion", lets poll the same groups in Europe and other continents and see what the result is lmao

>Having a mental illness and calling yourself a religious person in 2018.

This is the typical bogus study. Accepting homosexuality doesn't mean people want to see it encouraged. They probably don't care about gays and want to be left alone.

Show me the stats

All I'm claiming to prove is that the beliefs of east Orthodox in America are decidedly opposed to the Bible

you misspelled progressive and/or "European"

Expand how so? Refute science?

oh look, sargon of cuckad did show up

You want me to show you stats on whether Russians approve of faggots or not? SERIOUSLY? There are stats saying 20% of Russians want them liquidated. doo a google search

russians like gold
Constantinople was full of gold
russians wanted to be like that
classic slavs

The Armenian Church is fascinating. It’s the oldest of them all you guys should defiantly check it out.

And? They want to be left alone. I still don't see any word of encouragement.

Please watch your language or you will not be able to reach Heaven, puppies.

They did claim to be the Third Rome after all.

I want to see the stats comparing how eastern Orthodox compare to other Christian groups in Euro and Slavic countries, I suspect we'll see similar trends
Until then you're speculating
You're a fag enabler

Getting ready for the REAL Christmas, brothers?

because I pointed out your mistake?
Lmao neo-Pagan, you're getting pathetic

LOL.

Why would you need to refute science? Scientific discovery is nothing more than unveiling the mechanisms by which Gods creation works, no more, no less. Pick some books on here and start your journey to really understanding creation as a whole.

Making fun of a poor unbeliever instead of leading him to the right path...
I highly doubt your imaginary friend will respect such action.

No, I'm not. I just think that average people doesn't care about fags because they don't know the truth about their lifestyle. They just see a bunch of flamboyant men that like to act sassy and suck dick. What they don't see is the 500+ sexual partners, massive healthcare costs because of HIV, widespread and pedophilia or their absolute hatred for normal people because it's covered up.

> comes to strutting around with his faggotry
> crying when confronted about the said faggotry
So this is the power of "supreme" SJW atheists.
Pathetic

You just need to keep throwing wrongful tags on me so I will become wrong about your mental illness suddenly. That`s how it works, don`t stop., puppy.

I don't want to refute science but many evangelical types do. I don't like that. It's insulting.

That kind of rhetoric doesn't work on Orthodox. Disingenuous atheists are dealt with accordingly, we don't believe in the myth of the pacifist Jesus.

i'd be very happy to use those missiles on the skeptics

> wrongful tags
> has exposed himself already as atheist
> not as sane one but indeed as SJW tier
> keeps strutting like a faggot still
power of atheism is rather disappointing.
How do you feel about the Big Bang Theory?

Come on, buddy. at least west catholic zealots can offer something.
Eastern orthodox at the other hand... They just suck state authority dick and tell to parishioners that its kinda okay to live in poverty and lick popes boots.

These stats are so false.

For one an Orthodox Internet Radio Host was banned from the show for telling a mother to accept her gay son.

A lot of them do believe in God. You can't be a Christian without that. I suppose you support Transgender Identity as well because that's what your argument is similar too.

Were talking about the same sect of Christianity that Arabs, Slavs, and Turks practice, do you really think they like Homo-Culture?

Is there any point making a discussion with a mental ill person such as you, lads?

It will always end with "God works in mysterious ways" bullshit. I`ll pass, puppy.

Will you accept an ex-Roman Catholic?

I mean i havent left yet but im looking into orthodoxy

>orthodox
Greeks and Cypriots are the only semi-humanoid people in orthodoxy (Mediterranean)
The rest is full of negroid Slavs and orientalids
No thank you, I prefer my Germanic paganism

> gets confronted about a question related to science
> is immediately running away
typical SJW atheists, you better have that whore of yours prepped for the bull by the time he arrives

>My anecdotal evidence is weightier than statistics!

Take it up with the pew research center if you think their methods were faulty
This is how self-identified eastern Orthodox members in America responded

> I prefer my Germanic paganism
Why do you prefer women dictated larping known as "pagan religion"?

Orthodoxy understands contraception is for lust but they don't want people to give facials to their women and degrade them so allowed condoms. Abortion is a no-no .

>your logic is silly the post
Then they're athiests. It's like saying a trans female to male is really a male because thats what they identify as.

How can you make such threats and feeling sane at the same time , puppy?

That's an obvious lie, it's clear in Orthodoxy the Church is the state and should never accept a homosexual state, however since America isn't Orthodox they might think it befist best the US to have gays marry.

Are statements of truth threats now?
I ought you SJW atheists were for science instead of larping as scientists.
Disappointing

I agree, nobody should call themselves Christian if they don't believe in God. You're still stuck explaining how only 11% aren't Christian, but a clear majority are pro-fag

Russian kingdoms had a lot of contacts with Byzantine. And as legend says russian ambassadors to Byzantine were very impressed by orthodox liturgy.

What kind of kike comes up with so low quality bait? You are a disgrace to your satanic tribe.
>there are no popes in Orthodoxy and the guidance comes from monks, not the Patriarch who is a ceremonial title.
Kikes really are made of shieeet.

>following the church subservient to the Russian Government when you aren't Russian
Don't even mention Greek Orthodox either, they are practically nonexistent outside of Greece

I've been reading the Bible for a while and consider myself a believer of God but I don't belong to a church. Can you give me a rundown of how an Orthodox Christian lives their life? Is it very rule-driven or more free?

blogs.ancientfaith.com/nootherfoundation/replying-sr-vassas-mail/

Okay.

all orthodox churches are the same.

>Greek Orthodox either, they are practically nonexistent outside of Greece
They're all over the place here in Australia, but then we have the largest greek population in the world outside greece

t. Muslim

how many various Orthodox nominations' worshippers are there in Emuland in total?

>there are only two orthodox countries: Greece and Russia

They are present EVERYWHERE, from Jerusalem to Tokyo. What you really need is more burgers become Orthodox so they open an American Orthodox Church

Around 400,000

if you go baptism at least pick a decent church. it's true that orthodoxy is much more of a old world thing, so it doesn't make much sense to follow any traditions that aren't from the new world.

mormonism, though, is plain heresy. it defies God's words. it's literally just a cult for finding young women to marry. that's great and all, and their tribalism is great and all, but it is pretty heretical. you won't find the love of God there, just the love of circle-jerking do-gooders.

tbqh, your best bet if you're unable to decide on a path to take, is to just read the bible (kjv or greek new testament) and follow the path Christ has set for us. if you get together with a few people to talk about the bible, even if it's just on discord, then you already have a better church going on than most ones in [current year]

the traditions, cultures and rituals all come second to God.

>if you get together with a few people to talk about the bible, even if it's just on discord
Are there any Sup Forums bible study groups on discord? Sounds interesting

You will.
Whether you come to believe before it's too late is another ?.

Denominations are shit, user.
Christianity is following Christ and you do that yourself.

>Christianity is following Christ and you do that yourself.
You can't gain immortality unless you eat the flesh and blood of Christ and the only way to do that is at a Church and the only way to join a Church is to join a denomination.

>So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Ok you conviced me, i'll read it.

>lmao, Orthodox church relapsed its contraception and abortion policies instantly after fall of communism in order to lure old believers back
source on abortion? contraception was never included in the bible, it was a cultural thing. children are the greatest gift from God etc so stop trying to impede that. but it's not actually written, and orthodox follow the new testament very closely.

>"its just great mystery" is not a sufficient answer when talking about God's philosophical aspects and will's purpose
it makes far more sense in that it does little to get in the way between a person and their belief. it's similar to baptists in that regard, however baptists have mostly fallen to the same degeneracies as protestants (faggots, women preachers, etc), and orthodox have not.

>see the first point, you can't even have evangelical conversions outside of Orthodox countries and even heretical Protties manage to do it better than you
admittedly, orthodoxy is actually kind of bad at evangelizing. people feel intimidated by it in cultures not accustomed, due to the amount of "excess" orthodox has. it's rooted in the old (clothing, ritual, tradition etc), very little progression has gone on between pre-christ church and the modern orthodox church, except for maybe the influence on clothing being dark, which is a relic from ottoman occupation of byzantine etc.

what orthodoxy is really good at, though, is being a stable rock throughout history. if you wish for stability in life and in belief of Christ then look no further.

No, you need read church elders too and find an orthodox spiritual guide, there's a lot of things about divine grace its workings and the holy spirit that are not in the bible and are not found outside Orthodoxy, stop giving bad advice and become Orthodox you too.

What about Coptic? I want to convert to Christianity and Coptic is the one of my ancestors.

>If you're going to convert to Christianity, become Orthodox.

Do a fuckload of acid and burn away any bullshit. What's left is true.

i am greek orthodox. stop telling people to do excess shit. where did Christ say you need to follow the words of man?

that's a jewish thing to do

No, it's not, these 'words of man' are from saints straight from the holy spirit, they're as good as the bible, if we don't tell them now they will never know.

And they will never know how to become proper for the holy spirit and the bestowing of divine grace , caths and prods don't offer this, all this homo shit and tranny and debauchery is rabbinical tricks for Christians to have 0 holy spirit and lose the plot, jews need satan-tier cath and israel-worship prots to kill truth among us. Only Orth can save mankind from the traps of kike black mages.

topkek
At least Bergoglio is honest about it.

I'm not Orthodox but this playlist answered a lot of questions I had. Kinda long but interesting if you want to know more about the faith and traditions.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWopa4I5g3xCpebu63uiMabsL7qBv35Cj

You look this to understand :

ye ye

Isn't it a sin to convert from Catholicism to Orthodoxy? Or is it just damage control?

It's the right move, unless cath overturn 1000 years of lies.

anyone is good. in fact ex-RCC get a fast pass for historical reasons, that is they don't have to go through the whole baptism in most cases.

Idk but I heard Francis said Jews can go to heaven without repenting so as far as the (((new RCC))) goes you're probably good

>orthodox members
>in america

you realize that most of those are former Greeks (Constantinople Archdiocese of America), whose parents never really educated them + their church is suffering from modernism and is borderline heretic?

if you want """real""" orthodoxy join ROCOR. Those people are often redpilled on the JQ.