New G Reco project

New G Reco project

yaraon-blog.com/archives/103305

Is anyone even looking forward to Reconguista in G: Earth Light?

TOMINO-TEACHING FOR BETTER GUNDAMISM

It'll be like how the BvS ultimate edition redeemed the movie. This is the chance for Tomino to get G Reco right.

Where is GBF OVA?

More adventure ending?

Will the story be somewhat coherent this time?

if so, i'm down. I really enjoyed the artstyle.

I am

Was G-Reco the one everyone hated? I skipped it and have only seen like 4 gundam series.

it was the one everyone hated until IBO came out

>Was G-Reco the one everyone hated?
Nah just retards and its still holds true with and

I was going to skip it and Victory and finish Turn-A.

We've known about this since G-Reco ended, though I guess it wasn't formally announced

Anime is saved.

Yeah man. G Reco was promising, but screwed over due to it only having 25 eps.

Don't skip Victory you fuck

nah, watch Victory

it's basically the 90's version of IBO, but with more deaths and wacky suits/ships

>80gb for BDs
I don't have room currently. Speaking of space, does anyone know what settings I should use in ffmpeg to convert FLAC audio track 1 to AAC/something lightweight without touching video quality? Some of the releases I have are bloated to fuck because encoders use this shit, but I don't want to lose any grain or video quality.

>it's basically the 90's version of IBO
It's not similar in the slightest, you flower-picking retard.

Its the one only autistic spics from /m/ like

After Victory gundam, the original creator of the serie, Tomino, just started doing weird-ass anime.

I like his style so I really liked G-reco but a lot of people are put off by it. The whole "g-reco is incoherent" is a meme though, it's just that most people don't pay too much attention when watching. Try watching it yourself

Any details?

Victory itself was a weird ass anime and probably the few works he's legit ashamed of.

>80gb for BD
the show is old user. watching it in bd doesnt really matter.

You don't see cel/grain on shows anymore so I like to watch it when I can. Plus the Gundam series have good looking BDs, that is most of the appeal for me.

Not everyone but it triggered a lot of normals who never watched a Tomino show before and got insulted when people called them too stupid to follow it.

The kind of people who think they're "insightful" when they say all mecha is just a toy commercial

Tomino haters BTFO

hope it is sequel and see some incest

>more G-Reco

TSUKAME PRAIDO!
TSUKAME SUCCESS!

At least it's not more IBO

>More G Trainwreck instead of Build Fighters
Trash

>Wanting more Build Fighters after Try

Will we finally reach the age of onee-san?

Nah, I'm good y'all.

It's the recent low point of the Gundam franchise. Aside from its horrible kit and bluray sales it was disliked by virtually everyone for being nonsensical.

G-Reco>IBO

Literally Why

But I'll still watch it if it has the delicious onee-san

>horrible kit and bluray sales
I guess the president of Bandai was lying when he said it was a success then.

But going with the previous patterns, We would get sexy mobile suit designs and delicious white haired girls.

Japan going in damage control and having well know directors rave about g reco and how genius it is.

Kind of funny how its working

This won't be good AGAIN

>Literally Why

The 11's thought IBO's ending was insulting to Gundam fans and the franchise

Good taste

>doesn't even have 1/100 kits
>can't recycle suits like IBO
>never got a MG while Barbatos got an experimental MG line.

G-Reco is kinda shit gunplay sales wise since there's little to no runner re-use

While IBO has frame re-use outta the ass

Let's hope this time they develop the story better, instead of wasting half of each episode for a mobile suit fight that in most cases where absolutely uninpactful

BLESSED BE THE SPACE POPE

>website is overloaded
I guess Japan is excited?

>After Victory gundam, the original creator of the serie, Tomino, just started doing weird-ass anime
Try watching some of his non-Gundam shows from the 70s and 80s, those were pretty fucking weird. Victory was the point when he went back to and re-embraced the weirdness; Turn A and King Gainer where where he re-embraced the genki.

Following what Tomino said in interviews after the show, it's a safe bet that he's well aware of the shortcomings and will be trying to address that. Or just troll the fuck out of the audience like he seems to love doing.

IIRC the guy doing the scripts for the movie said they'd be trying to streamline the script.

>doubting the Butcher

>doesn't even have 1/100 kits
And? Most 1/100 kits are shit. IBO only got those because Bandai created a new shitty line for them from the get go
>never got a MG while Barbatos got an experimental MG line.
That's not a MG you dumbfuck that's yet another 1/100 HG line similar to the ones 00 got in the beginning that were fucking shit. It usually takes years for most Gundam anime to get MG kits unless they're absurdly popular (SEED, 00, UC. Wing).
>G-Reco is kinda shit gunpla sales wise
We literally got reports of the G-Self and Grimoire selling out and Bandai having to extend the line due to demand and Derringer already said that the line did well despite Bandai having no initial plans beyond the first run of HG hence why we got those re-releases of the G-Self. Why do people who don't know shit about anything like to spout so much horseshit?

Let's just hope retards like you don't watch it.

I actually liked the series, but let's not try to act like it was some carefully created masterpiece without any problem
Most of the fight of the first half of the series were the characters casually meeting the enemy and fighting them for a bit before running away without any real consequence, which only led to the story being padded out

But, seeing as most likely is another of your posts, you've just gone in full damage control and you are just answering angrily to anyone saying anything bad about the series

>damage control
>pointing out the fact that the series was a success is damage control

Okay

The 1/100 IBO kits are actually great. I dropped IBO early on but I've bought a bunch of the 1/100 kits and plan to buy more. I wish a bunch of suits I like that haven't got shit would get something as good as them.

>success they said
>literally sold 1/3 of IBO kits

if selling well is just selling 1/3 of IBO, then I'm sure G-Reco is a smashing success

Id rather get a new CE Gundam series

with any luck it'll give us an MG G-Self, i'd really want one

considering IBO ran for twice as many episodes, had a 1/100 line and probably had more plamo releases it isn't really a surprise. Bandai truly didn't give a shit about G-Reco

Tomino is like the Francis Ford Coppola of anime.
He's a legend and everyone respects him, but half of the shit he does is utter crap and has only gotten worse over the years.

I dunno why people actually like the design of G-Self.

It looks like the unholy fusion of the Gundam Evolve 15 ver. with Gundam Exia and Aile Strike with a retard down syndrome face.

because its cool, unique and quirky but still keeps within the realm of gundam without going too far. also it can punch at really hihg speeds

are you saying the 1/100 HRM Barbatos is shit? Because it shits on most Master Grades.

Master Grades are half-assed nowadays with the lacking internal frames and all. the only one with good internal frames are the Ver Ka kits.

>unique
>its gimmick is basically taken from Strike which was inspired from Dragonar.

yeah but this was 3-5 times the price of a normal mastergrade to be fair. The shit internal frames is a pretty new trend which I hope they're stopping soon. The Sniper II was pretty good, the FAG Thunderbolt was bad but to be fair all of the frame is meant to be covered up.

Can't say I've bought many 'new' MG kits apart from that though.. they haven't released many.

i meant the design, i don't give two shits about its gimmicks even if it had more variants and the gimmick was more unique than the strike's

I can understand why the G-Self was so popular, but what about the Grimoire? What is his appeal?

she thicccccccccc

it was probably more or less Bandai doing Tomino a solid since Tomino gave them a franchise that gave them unholy amounts of money through gunplay and a franchise that lasted 40 years that they can milk forever.

Probably retelling with no incest.

So utterly worthless.

The only reason I stuck around was to see if the little psycho would actually fuck his sister.

Yes, most people agree it's pure unadulterated shit and one of the worst Gundam evers, but hey, at least it looks pretty!

Almost no one gives a damn shit about the story and characters, there's barely any merchandise or fanarts and the kits weren't a big hit either. Sunrise should move on and forget this failure.

> It usually takes years for most Gundam anime to get MG kits unless they're absurdly popular (SEED, 00, UC. Wing).
AGE-1 get its complete MG while the series is still airing, though it was a different time when Bandai was releasing MG more frequently than now.

The hair is a nice touch.

Wont 2019 be another anniversary for the gundam franchise?

I would love to see another UC anime. Preferably from Zeon point of view.

>Preferably from Zeon point of view.
so Thunderbolt? there's also the upcoming Twilight Axis.

I watched Brain Powered that was great. I plan on watching King Gainer next. Zambot 3 was awfully boring though.

they should do a vidya focused AU not that age shit tho fuck off

Every AU show aside form Turn A, has been terrible. We dont need more AU.

Gunpla Builders is more or less that. its a MS simulator like Kizuna no Senjou Gundam arcade game, but the MS are built with Gunpla.

I actually like the premise more than the Gunpla Buildfighters.

Became popular on Instagram's gunpla tag because tacticool

It's a Scopedog.

TSUKAME PRIDOOOOOOOOOO
TSUKAME SUCCESSSSSSSSS

REAL ISN'T HELL TODAY

>tfw too stupid for g reco

Secondarys need expository dialogue out the ass or the show is too "childish" for them.

Well I don't know if you can really call Turn A alternate universe.

>Story more convoluted for its own good

G Reco was only good for its animation, the story is like 3/10

It's a 50/50. It's called AU, but it kinda takes place in the same universe as UC.

But on the bright side, that means that all of AU is terrible.

>It's the recent low point
As of the current time, that honor has been passed to ibo.

>yfw Tomino will die in your lifetime

there's nothing more tacticooler than Jesta and the ECOAS Jegan, they're the operators operating operationally

>dot sight
>fucking suppressor on a beam rifle
>fucking beam deagle

age and g-wrecko is still the lowest point of the franchise. g-reco's saving grace is the bd sales. but ibo is reaching the level of seed and destiny of gunpla sales

What a splendid design.
God I'm glad Char is dead.

More like,
AGE flit arc > g reco > ibo > rest of AGE

Although apart from the first arc of AGE they're all so terrible I don't feel like theres any point splitting hairs over them.

I thought this was a drawing of an n64 controller at first.

Still better than a penis case to me. Now can't unsee it.

Victory is bestUC do not skip it.

>90's version of IBO,
No.

>AGE-1 get its complete MG while the series is still airing
Because it was planned before the show was release. To add insult to injury AGE is the first Gundam anime to get a cancelled prototype with the MG AGE-3 never coming out due to low sales

>AGE flit arc
No, that arc is mostly forgettable and is also is apart pf AGE so it makes no sense to seperate it

I am definitely interested. G-Reco had potential that was ultimately squandered by Tomino's attempt at a new type of narration. I enjoyed the characters and the superb visuals anyway, and I'm among those who think Tomino's career didn't end after Turn A.
I want him to surprise me.

>it's basically the 90's version of IBO
Bait harder, retard.

Still don't get why it's so popular for some people .
BAD story telling is BAD It's not a fucking style .

flit was the only tolerable character in that dumpster fire