Feds aggressively investigating Clinton Foundation: CNN

Help me out Sup Forums
I thought you couldnt face double jeopardy for the same crime? Why is this being investigated again after the entire matter was cleared by Comey in July 2016 with him saying she did literally nothing wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2018/01/05/politics/clinton-foundation-arkansas-probe/index.html
justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-650-length-limitations-period
fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL31253.pdf
politifact.com/global-news/statements/2016/jun/15/hillary-clinton/clinton-clinton-foundation-helped-9-million-lower-/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here is the article but a lot of it reads like Trump is the one who is being investigated. Possibly for illegally laundered or stolen money he tried to frame the Clintons with????
cnn.com/2018/01/05/politics/clinton-foundation-arkansas-probe/index.html

You can't be charged with the same crime twice. She was never charged.

thats not at all how double jeopardy works

Also it is apparently being done by Arkansas FBI? Sounds like someone with a grudge. Everyone knwos that Clintons arent liked there because of the right wing conspiracy

And nothing will come out of this. Just wasting more money to investigate something nobody has the balls to do anything about.

Actively not aggressively. Where’s the no knock search warrant ?

I don't recall her being charged with a crime.

This desu

Double Jeopardy applies to prosecution not investigation. In the US, the government can investigate a business as often as it would like for the same issue. Fun fact: The costs incurred from the disruption of normal business can be written off on the business taxes. This is seems frequently used to raise the costs so high that the business goes bankrupt. This is allegedly the tea party gripe with the government interfering with their small businesses.

Exactly so she cant be investigated for it again either, the FBI already gave her a complete exoneration many times because of how sorry they were

Once a verdict has been rendered, you can't face a trial for the same crime based on the same evidence.
You can go to trial again if
A, a mistrial
B, no verdict rendered (meaning mistrial or no charges)
C, new evidence is brought forward
C,

thanks Comey

He said she was the best public servant ever before he lost his mind so we should just focus on that

Wasn't there already like 6 field offices doing this in 2016 and on? Why do they not already have all the shit they need?

>the entire matter was cleared by Comey

Actually, he declared it a 'matter' instead of an investigation, actively ensuring charges could be brought at a later time

PRESS Y TO THANK COMEY

This isn't right either, you can't be charged or convicted for the same crime when you've been found not guilty by a jury.

>being this ignorant of how double jeaopardy works
>the absolute state of my fellow countrymen

You can't be charged twice for the same crime. She was never charged.

Yes you can. Different states can charge you with slightly different crimes. Or if new evidence turns up.

Y

Comey was /ourguy/ all along, and likely the original FBI user from July 2016.

This. What we see now is that she is currently being investigated for at least two DIFFERENT CRIMES, neither of which have been heard in a court of law.
Get over it hilldawgs, she's going to gitmo.

What is the statute of limitations for the crimes she is likely to be charged with?

Some user posted a link yesterday stating most were 5 years - and now I can't find it. Is there a chance she can beat the clock if the feds don't act fast enough?

actually you can be charged federally after the fact ask the Bundy's

Pure PR, in an attempt to downplay it's significance to the public in an election year. It doesn't matter if it's called an investigation or a matter, the simple fact it never went to trial means it can be reopened whenever.

>can’t be tried for the same crime twice
Charges can be brought and dismissed but re-filed if new evidence becomes available.

You have a misunderstanding of “double jeopardy”

Just google it bro, not gonna write 500 words on it for you

those are, by definition, different laws. even if they are read identically, there is a separation between State laws and Federal laws.

I am of the opinion that Federal Government should never intervene in State judiciary after the fact. Obama frequently did this, and Session's DOJ has already stated they are amiable towards doing it anytime (Kate Steinle case in Commiefornia).

That would be a fucking twist. This time line.

FBI don't have the power to exonerate anyone, a jury or judge do that. The FBI doesn't even have the power to determine who gets prosecuted, the justice dept does that.

>new evidence is brought forward
this is incorrect in the US justice system. Once acquitted of a crime a person may not be charged with the same crime under our system. Those who have not had a judgement rendered by a court (ie: mistrial etc.) have no protections.

justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-650-length-limitations-period

fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL31253.pdf

It depends on what she's actually charged with, but 5 years from the date she's last confirmed to be mishandling sensitive information seems right

>What is the statute of limitations for the crimes she is likely to be charged with?
murder has no statute of limitations user

This.

It's not that she's innocent, she's quite guilty as fuck. It's that even if the investigation results in RECOMMENDATIONS for prosecution there is no one who will actually prosecute her.

Sessions will recuse himself, and Rosenstein will decline to file charges.

LOCK HER UP

Um well her totally legal email server (recommended by colin poewll) was still up and running in 2015 so i dont think that's correct
She definitely cannot be charged with anything (legal)

My god. The level of stupidity and ABSOLUTE ignorance of the basic laws of the country in this thread is fucking shocking. Comey Literally laid out the caves of all the crimes she committed, and then backed off. He did not let her go, that’s not his fucking job. Secondly double jeopardy only applies to a trial with a NOT GUILTY verdict. You can charge, drop charges, re-file charges all you fucking want. This bitch is going down with her you liberal cocksuckers like it or not

Lol OP doesnt know what double jeopardy is. The absolute state of high iq leftists.

Everything you said was a complete fucking lie. I would literally beat the living shit out of you if I could. The server USAGE for classified email was 100 percent illegal

Double Jeopardy says you cannot be convicted of the same crime twice, not that you cannot be indicted or investigated. Investigation was never officially closed if I remember correctly.

That’s unconstitutional, prosecutors aren’t allowed to appeal. The only way they can convict people already acquitted is if they do so on the basis of another’s crime, like bagging Al Capone on tax fraud.

In Comey's own words (before he lost his mind)
>No SANE prosecutor can touch her she is the best we have in our cuontry

Which is it, actively or aggressively?

She was never charged
This is a Clinton FOUNDATION investigation
This investigation was actually occuring at the local FBI office before the election.

The Clintons buried a lot of bodies in Arkansas on their way to the top.

Hillary Clinton never had formal charges brought against her, so she couldn't have been "acquitted".

Now we know you’re full of shit. No person in their right fucking mind you ever say that she is a great person. She is one of the worst human beings in American history. She is pure fucking unadulterated evil. And if you like her at all, you’re the dumbest motherfucker on the planet

I know but no one even noticed Comey fixed his mistake right at the end saying she was good (for the 1000th time) but everyone already had voted for trump

>I thought you couldnt face double jeopardy for the same crime?

This is the foundation you dumb tard lol Comey only looked into emails.

They are now facing 3 brand new investigations:

Foundation
Emails relating to Weiner
UraniumOne

2018 is going to be a barnstormer.

OP are you fucking stupid?

why are a liberals so ignorant of the law?

When it comes to what she did, destruction and exposure of classified material, you most certainly can be charged twice. However as other anons said, she was never charged.

Ask loretta lynch or Eric Holder they know they law and will back this up 1000% she cant be charged with anything if you look at her record (CHIP for kids)

NO. Comey was INSTRUCTED to “fix the mistake”. It is called corruption. EVERYONE knows she committed MULTIPLE FELONIES sand that is prima facie. It’s irrefutable. Absolutely irrefutable

It's ironic how much they want "big government" but don't know all the policies, regulations, and legislation that comes with it.

damn that is some old pasta, forgot about that one

It was a VAST right wing conspiracy.

They’re ignorant of EVERYTHING. Otherwise they wouldn’t be liberals

You're being sarcastic, right?

>I thought you couldnt face double jeopardy for the same crime?
There never was any trial. Just investigation.

>weren't there already a bunch of investigations
Unfortunately there has been a lot of rumors and conspiracy theories over the last 18 months.

Like most people, those of us on the right are susceptible to believing the stories that suit our beliefs and agenda.

Remember before the election how the NYPD supposedly was going to release the contents of Weiner's laptop if nothing was done about?

Because the NYPD never released anything, many anons became convinced that investigations were moving forward.

With Awan they are assuming investigations are being done.

With Debbie Wasserman-Schulz they are assuming investigations are being done.

Some statements from Sessions have also been mischaracterized. He has said he will "look into" certain things, but the statements actually make it sound more like he will CONSIDER re-opening investigations.

Basically because NOTHING is officially coming out, and no arrests are officially happening, it leaves people to rely on rumors.

I'm calmer now don't lock me up I always helped the bureau, please.

Because you're a stupid faggot kike shill being a stupid faggot on Sup Forums. She's getting the noose, go fuck yourself kike.

She was burning so much incriminating evidence she set her own house on fire.

>You can't be charged with the same crime twice. She was never charged.
You can't be TRIED twice for the same crime.

Lets be honest. There was never a real investigation. They were trying to, the low-level guys, but everyone in charge was loyal, or fearful of the Clintons and they were going to make sure it never saw the light of day. The only thing that changed is Donald Trump WON AND THAT WASNT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. Can you fucking imagine the level of corruption had this fucking whore Successfully stolen the election?! With millions of fraudulent votes she nearly did.

>thank comey
Except comey already said under oath that the FBI doesn't deal with matters, they deal with investigations.

Not that it matters, but Comey's "investigation" still counts as an investigation. It doesn't have to be labeled a "matter" in order to be re-opened.

>Um well her totally legal email server
LOL yeah it's totally legal to set up your own IT infrastructure as an employee of the government
oh wait, that's a gross violation of multiple laws, sorry
not to mention no sane person would waste their own money setting up IT stuff when their employer already has said IT infrastructure unless they had something to hide

No, they set the house on fire to cover up the fact they destroyed evidence and can claim that it was destroyed in the fire.

He was sacked because he was the hero we deserved, but not the one we needed.

Mishandling classified information and the clinton foundation are two entirely separate topics.
Things like treason have no statute of limitations. Putting SCI data on a private server to more easily sell state secrets to enemies of the state through friends of the clinton foundation could be considered treason, and we haven't even discussed the uranium yet.
Fuck GITMO, she needs the gallows.

High treason = no limitations.

He said she was grossly negligent

>can she beat the clock?
That is certainly one of the strategies.

Delay as much as possible
Use corrupt DOJ employees to rig outcome
Prevent trial altogether through DOJ
Wait until a dem wins in 2020 and receive pardon

I've been extremely disappointed in Sessions because we are one year closer to Hillary walking because of statue of limitations. We will never get back that 1 year of failing to make any progress.

>she is above the law
I love this meme, have a (you)

Oh for sure, I was going off the whole mishandling of classified information because of all this talk of Comey and that it's a concrete crime we know she's guilty of.

The Clinton Foundation shit is an absolute mess and who knows what will come out of it.

Ok this is why its a joke the Clinton foundation is responsible for helping the AIDS crisis (medicine) and it rebuilt some damaged buildings in various places, now that's TREASON??
Get a grip

>crimes likely to be charged with
Hillary is even less likely to be charged with murder than she is for human trafficking

She won't be charged for anything where her finger isn't on the trigger, so to speak.

In fact it is unlikely that she will be charged with anything that assures a prison sentence. Our country is fucked

nice, so this is whats being slid today.

>Why is this being investigated again after the entire matter was cleared by Comey in July 2016 with him saying she did literally nothing wrong?

I think Comey’s investing was re: emails. Sessions’ investigation is re: Clinton foundation.

Does anyone have screen shots of the FBI user threads? He said something like, “don’t focus on the emails, it’s all about the Clinton foundation”

I don’t know how we expect to pull off an indictment if the FBI has been compromised by the deep state. It’s going to get ugly.

>it’s all about the Clinton foundation
Yeah all about the lifesaving work they do......for free!

Here we go, this is the thread I was looking for half way down the page past all the degeneracy.

Daily reminder:
People that investigate or testify against the Clintons run into tragic accidents.
>decide to lift weights before testifying and drop a dumbbell repeated on your own head until you die
>fall asleep on train tracks
>end up washed ashore on a beach with massive head trauma
>shoot yourself three times in the back of the head during your suicide

>Eric Holder
the only attorney general in US history to be held in contempt of court

yeah won't be listening to that criminal

>anyone who thinks Hillary isn't going down must be a liberal cocksucker

I want Hillary to be executed in public. I would love to be the one to execute her.

But the bitch won't spend a single day behind bars.

1. Statute of limitations
2. FBI fucking up investigations if they ever happen, not recommending charges
3. DOJ can decline to file charges
4. DOJ can file charges and HIllary's puppets will sabotage it and obstruct it
5. DOJ can file charges and the jury finds her not guilty.

As much as I want to see Hillary executed, there are a number of ways for her to escape justice

>there are a number of ways for her to escape justice
none of which can avoid a rampaging mob hell bent on justice

This is an ongoing investigation into the dealings of the Clinton Foundation. It is separate from the email matter investigation in which Comey declined to recommend charges to the Justice Department in 2016.
No charges have been brought so far so there is no double jeopardy.

It doesn't matter what the FBI director said. Stop trying to appeal to authority.

Retarded. The only time we comment on an active investigation is to get public help in time sensitive situations.
We certainly dont release evidence to the general public before either closing the file or going before the court.
Here we have another pseudo-intellectual pretending to understand why nothing has come from the investigation yet. I bet you've worked on investigations dealing woth ts/sci data and know that there is a debriefing after every other fucking sentence, reducing efficiency to African government levels.

I agree with this post, it’s unfortunate. Imagine the blow that would be dealt to the left once she’s been locked up. It will never happen, she’s far too powerful, but we’re free to dream.

I remember Monika Lewinski being a "vast right wing conspiracy" also, funny how things work huh? It's almost as if criminals create language in an attempt to smear and stop people from looking at evidence. "Anti-semite" "racist" "nazi" also comes to mind.

The Clintons are done for.

The Clinton Foundation has helped over 9 million people with AIDS. Contrast with the Trump Foundation which mainly helped the Trump family settle debts with Russia and bribe officials to launder his illegal money (also obstruction of J)

>ANY DAY NOW!!!
Not a single "investigation" has produced anything.

I'm relying on the lack of ANYTHING HAPPENING to reach the conclusion that NOTHING IS HAPPENING.

YOU on the other hand, believe all these things MUST BE happening.....because nothing is publicly happening.

Neither one of us can prove ourselves right, but only my argument makes any sense.

You: no one has been arrested and nothing has been said or done publicly SO THEY ARE ALL GOING DOWN!!!!

Fucking retarded faggot

>inb4 not true
Guess what it is
politifact.com/global-news/statements/2016/jun/15/hillary-clinton/clinton-clinton-foundation-helped-9-million-lower-/

Wow I have found the most ignorant person on the internet.

Double jepordy means you cant be tried twice for the same crime. She never faced trial.

Wouldn't be surprised if (((they))) manufactured AIDS as a biological weapon.

He must be quarantined and studied.

Public opinion court is where they tried her. So at the very least this sholdnt be allowed into the news (or only talked about by people at or near her level)