Unlimited Blade Works

Now that the dust has settled... was this a good anime? And yes, I am specifically talking about the ufotable edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ErwgLxBNL0
youtube.com/watch?v=OvSTHMWay-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

maybe

I liked it a lot. Awesome visuals.
But it felt a bit "sterile" in some parts, like the world looked 'too perfect'. That's the best way I can express my impressions.

The visual was meh (considering, this project is actually unlimited budget works).
After watching Bahamut, MAPPA clearly can do way better job in the animation department.

It was a fucking trainwreck and I'm a huge nasufag

No. I doubt the director even read the VN.

Doing it after Fate Zero just highlighted how shitty the story in FSN is. Fate Zero is the premise executed by a competent author, FSN is some ridiculous chuuni shit written by Nasu in highschool, and it really shows.

>Muh chuuni automatically invalidates all theme explorations

It was meh.

Mediocre at best

wasn't as good as fate/zero

I liked it, but it should have taken more creative liberties. The source material isn't very good.

Odd are Bahamut would have a higher budget, there were rumours of many animators being interested in working on the show's first season due to the higher pay. Seeing the sort of freelance talent the second season has attracted so far, it's reasonable to believe it still is the case. UBW on the other hand had to make do with one skilled freelancer together with a small team of in-house staff as the lead action animators.

It did take creative liberties and it was far worse as a result.

I liked most of the changes though.

pretty good i liked it a lot, also best EMIYA version youtube.com/watch?v=1ErwgLxBNL0

As a standalone it was fine. It was entertaining to watch at the very least.

The problem is the consistent comparison to the VN to what it missed. As an anime it was obviously going to miss details from the VN. It's the nature of the transition from medium to medium.

Millage may vary depending if you see the glass as half full or half empty.

I really liked that.

What were the most notable changes? I know the epilogue was mostly original, but I read somewhere that Nasu wrote it so it's canon.

I got a kick when primaries were shaming secondaries and Fate/Zerofags during the pre-release then as the series went on, it started to dawn that UBW was incorporating F/Z material and continuity that they started raging over it saying it's "secondary pandering" at its worse.

I shouldn´t have watched Zero first. I mean, it´s not that bad, but Zero just put some expectations on me.

Yeah, I love the VN over Fate/Zero but you can't deny that Zero had a Holy Grail War that had a lot of coverage enough that it makes for good narrative for an action fantasy show. It's the kind of material that draws audiences in. I've met people who watched Zero first then UBW later and many were disappointed how UBW didn't feel as much as a war as Zero was cause how closed the perspectives were since UBW was more on Shirou and Rin's POVs than anyone.

Not that guy, but it is.

Not that guy, but it isn't.

It was stupid just how much the dolphins pissed me off. I fear for Vampire Sakura in the movie

>who watched Zero first then UBW later and many were disappointed how UBW didn't feel as much as a war as Zero was

The ritual is a sham either way and they never had to fight for the grail in the first place.

If anything, and peopke should know this if they paid attention to Zero, the whole situation in FSN came about because the adults screwed over the next generation with years of bullshit. That is why anyone who says Zero is more "mature" is just missing the entire point and message that was shown.

They didn't have to but they wanted to.

UBW is stupid, Gilgamesh should be able to squash Shirou with but a thought.
What manner of inbred mongrel wrote that trash ?

It was a poor fit for a sequel to Fate/Zero.

Maybe the next one will be better.

>t. Gilgamesh
He is an arrogant idiot who thinks a puny human has no chance of beating him so he didn't care about the fight until Shirou summoned UBW. And even when he did start becoming serious it was too late since his best weapon and his arm was chopped off.

No it won't, FSN needs to be a VN to function, Zero didn't, that's why it was better.

Probably a woman or a child. Maybe even both.

>the whole situation in FSN came about because the adults screwed over the next generation
This applies to the casts from every Fuyuki Grail War.

>dipshits from the 1st fail to really do anything, inspiring new tactics
>dipshits from the 2nd war all murder each other, force the Church to get involved
>3rd war, Einzbern goes "well, if it's a murder-fest, then...", and ruin everything for everyone forever, full-stop
>4th war, Kirei, Gil and Kiritsugu fuck up the ritual, causing a premature 5th war

What you idiot. The fight scenes in bahamut are poorly choreographed to skimp out on animation there. Since bahamut isnt strictly about fighting its good but fuck idiots like you who don't know what goes into animation.

Post the rest!

fuck if I know if I even have all of them

What do you know, I do have them until the end.

This is really nice work.

Im a big Mappa fan but you are autistic.

The art style is better on Bahamut but everything else is inferior to UBW/Type Moon Ufotable shows. Bahamut is full of QUALITY scenes and hilariously bad Cgi's.

Im not even going to mention Ushio Tora if you want a QUALITY Mappa show.

Yes. I will say that the animation in Zero was better, but UBW was better overall

For anime secondaries who think Urobutchi is a good writer, no.

For actual fans of the VN, absolutely, it's an awesome animated depiction of the events and HF will be an even better adaptation of an even better route.

Really can't wait for Yuki Kajiura's EMIYA version.

Inb4 no arrangements of VN music.

>apocrypha anime

VN Emiya + This day and Never again OST= Kajiura's Emiya

What makes you say that?

they ruined my favorite scene in the entire VN which was the graveyard scene between Rin and shirou

how did they ruin it?

Fights in UBW also had bad choreography.

Not ruin but wasn't as good, I don't think they used the correct music in that scene compared to the on in the vn

Unlimited Blade Works alone doesn't hold the narrative.

Story I: Fate
Story II: Unlimited Blade Works
Story III: Heaven's Feel
Story IV: Hollow Ataraxia

Fate route was free for android an iOS before UBW aired.

The only people complaining are Americans. Ufotable doesn't do anime for them, they do it for Japanese and Japanese didn't complain.

>fall semester
oh man

Pretty soon that guys kids will be posting their version from their college English class.

And V?

That's extremely misleading, HA is not part of the same story.

Yes.
It's basically the only good Fate anime period.

Zero is even more chuuni and SO DEEP SO DARK.
UBW is actually ballsy enough to be honest and say THIS SHIT DOES NOT WORK ON A FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL

>UBW is actually ballsy enough to be honest and say THIS SHIT DOES NOT WORK ON A FUNDAMENTAL LEVEL
So does Zero. Shirou's just mature enough to reconfigure his thought process to work with the impossible unlike Kiritsugu.

What difference does that make?

No they were actually choreographed with actual arm motions swinging. Its what real animation looks like.

There is no V. It's just FSN and FHA.

Still choreographed and miles better since theres actual arms. What were you trying to show here.

The thing is. Kiritsugu doesn't.
The world fucks him in the ass and he doesn't get his nice ending because reasons.
It's all set up to say it would have worked if not for etc etc.

Shirou's entire way of living is deeply fundamentally broken and he fucking knows that. There is no last second screw over or bad thing that will happen to make us all feel sad. We all know that his shit is all retarded and doesn't work. No matter how much we wish it did.

The deconstruction of what we see as a heroic person or drive in a series about people summoning heroic fantasies from myth(lets be honest, saber being DA REAL ARTHUR, while assassin is a fantasy of a legendary hero just makes fucking everything in the series just a clusterfuck of arbitrary nonsens if you think about)is quite good.

FHA is a fun disc.

1. F/Z is more chuuni than F/SN.
2. It's less that F/Z is written better. And more that F/Z is actually a linear story. UBW is neither linear, nor complete without Fate or HF.

youtube.com/watch?v=OvSTHMWay-w

nah not really