New to anime; Fullmetal Alchemist viewing question!

Hello Sup Forums, I'm just getting into the wonderful world of anime. From what I was told, Fullmetal Alchemist is one the best ever made. So I figured, I'd start with that. Hence, I looked Fullmetal anime up to watch, but then found two versions of the anime...leading to confusion. So I just wanna know, which one should I be watching?

The first anime it seems was made in 2003 and ran through 2004

The second version called Fullmetal "brotherhood" began by 2009 and ran through 2010.

As a first time viewer, Should I be watching both? Should I start with the first one? Plz help me out here Sup Forums.

Also, kindly recommend few other good animes that are short and no fillers. Thanks.

Reddit is probably a better place for you.

Use google, retard. Recommendations goes into Last, fuck off and kill yourself.

Well, that's kind of rude.

Brotherhood is better. Watch that and skip the first series imho

anfang funston

Sage.

Fuck

Op here, I agree and that's what I initially decided to do as well but then I found out that the first few eps of FMA-B are really fast paced because it's relies on the first few eps of FMA for character introduction and progression. If this is the case, it can get really confusing for a new viewer like myself, its worse if character development is skimped in FMA-B.

But if you say this isn't true and I should be fine with FMAB independently, then I will start watching.

Not bait, legitimate question.

Fuck off already.

You can watch some of the earlier episodes if you want. I never finished the first series because I just sort of lost track of it but then Brotherhood came out and it just seemed to be better all around. I probably only saw the first 15-20 episodes of the first series but I feel like you could watch Brotherhood on its own and not lose out.

why? Its legit question. Why so much hostility in here?

>but I feel like you could watch Brotherhood on its own and not lose out.

Thanks, I'll consider it.

Just newkids thinking they belong.

Start with 03 then B. Brotherhood is slow around 1-19 but picks up.

Watch Boku no Pico instead

>retarded "hi guise i'm new tell me some anime threads" being shat on is a new trend

Kill yourself you obvious Iedditor

The first anime is better, way better OST, pacing, direction and characterization of the antagonists. Its only problem is the pretty bad twist at the end and Archer.

At worst watch both but with the 2003 version first.

I will never understand why people decide to make threads about simple stuff like this instead of googling it.

>calling people new for shitting on a rec thread
Way to show how new you are.

>implying they can't just do 10 seconds of research themselves
>implying it's okay to shit up the board with stupid entry level questions
Who's the newkid?

kill yourself faggot

Rolling for trips

Fuck off and kill yourself, retarded newfag piece of shit.

Googling produces confusing results in regards to FMA series. Some are like watch brotherhood and ignore the first one altogether, others are like start watching from 2003 version etc...

Brotherhood is far better than the 2003 trash

wow, it's almost like people have differing opinions.

it's almost like Sup Forums has said both of those things too!

it's almost like flip a coin and fuck off already.

Hi I think you're on the wrong website. Reddit is that way

The 2003 version is become anime original after a certain point, Brotherhood is basically a remake that does the original story all the way. The thing about Brother hood is that the pacing for the first part of the story is done very quickly because it's assumed that people already saw the original.

I would suggest to watch the first 15 episodes of the 2003 version then watch Brotherhood to the end and if you're interested in a sort of "alt-universe" storyline, you can go back and finish the original after finishing Brotherhood.

Why the fuck would you watch both at once, watch the first then the second, wat a stupid fuckin question

Do your fucking jobs mods

Just watch Brotherhood, it's true to the manga. The 2003 series makes a whole bunch of shit up and gets characters wrong, because the manga wasn't done when it came out.

>STOP DISCUSSING ANIME ON MY WAIFU BOARD

Rec threads go to /wsr/

And Sakura fish belongs in but I see it on the front page here every day. You're point?

> I would suggest to watch the first 15 episodes of the 2003 version then watch Brotherhood to the end and if you're interested in a sort of "alt-universe" storyline, you can go back and finish the original after finishing Brotherhood.

This seems to be the best option so far. Thanks.

Just one more question: Which one has the best soundtrack? That may be a deciding factor for someone like me who loves great OSTs.

>You're point?
yes i am why do you ask

>newkids
Go back to plebbit you fucking newfag
No it doesn't just fucking look at the wikipedia for what sections both anime cover and then decide from there jesus fucking christ you lazy fucking faggots.
Sakurafish is still more anime related than fucking newfag cancer spoonfeeding threads

>Sakurafish is still more anime related than fucking newfag cancer spoonfeeding threads

It is literally spam

huh?

Daily doses on Sup Forums are older than you are fucktard. Stop spoon feeding and go back.