Questions for semi-oldfags

Do you miss when there were a lot of tripfags posting? Do you feel like Sup Forums has gotten worse since say, 2011-2013?

No, yes

this

Yeah I totally miss Lanced Jack or Taiga shitting up literally every thread.

Fuck off.

I miss Bear

I only miss JamesCID he's a national treasure

No.

I can only hope that the last few tripfags also fuck off.

No, tripfags always have been attention whores and always will be, also it's noticeably worse from 2012 for sure.

Tripfags like Komeiji and the IRC gang gave us a common enemy to hate. Now the enemy just feels like the slowly declining quality of the board.

No and yes.

Yes, no.
Tripfag drama brought life to this board

>Miss tripfags?
Kind of, a lot were shit, but it was another layer of personality for the board.
>Is Sup Forums worse?
Sup Forums is at it's best when there's a show we're all "watching" together. (Haruhi, Gurren Lagann, Valvrave, Kemono Friends), so Sup Forums's quality fluctuates with every season.

Tripfags were never ok. Like always anytime one of them posts it's something incredibly stupid and the thread derails into bitching about them.
As the site hit more and more mainstream the quality of posts has overall gone down, but seeing how Sup Forums has changed between 2005 and 2012 makes me realize any damage to Sup Forums is a drop in the bucket in comparison. At the very least the majority of Sup Forums threads pertain to anime/manga discussion and aren't Sup Forums-tier shitposting that doesn't even try to veil itself as relevant content

Speaking of the IRC crew I left Sup Forums for a while during peak shitposting and came back after a while, not a peep, what the fuck happened to them?

Fuck off, bear.

Is this the tripfag summoning thread?

Not today my friend.

The idea with an anonymous identity is that you should be judged by what you say not by who you are. You could be a shitbag one post and contribute to good discussion in your next post. People sometimes remember what you say but never know who you are. Elitism kills discussion. Sup Forums was never better with tripfags.

They started banning their actual tripcodes a lot more often which probably took a lot of fun out of it for them. Also I think rangebans.

i just miss clones

Even though saying "Sup Forums is not a hivemind" was a lot more frequent back then, Sup Forums also felt more like a community than it does now.

I miss visible no bampu for posts.

I never cared much about tripfags, but quality has steadily gone down. Sup Forums has gone mainstream, the average powerlevel of users is down by a lot.

>do you miss tripfags

>kemono friends

A community is created by the individual ideas, a hivemind is just a mindless mass.

>he didn't watch AOTS

>Do you miss when there were a lot of tripfags posting?
No. tripfags are for jerks. I was once a tripfag.
>Do you feel like Sup Forums has gotten worse
Sup Forums is always getting worse.
>2011-2013
Is this old?
Fuck, it is....

Regardless of the quality of the show, Sup Forums followed it tightly as it aired. Like Endless Eight on Sup Forums, it was an experience.

Who were you?

Sup Forums Was trash when K-ON was airing.

The new Geass is going to be a wild ride.

>since say, 2011-2013?

It's gotten worse but for very different reasons.

And no, I filter tripfags and namefags on sight.

>Do you miss when there were a lot of tripfags posting?
Surprisingly yes, they gave the board some, let's say, "color".

>Do you feel like Sup Forums has gotten worse since say, 2011-2013?
Of course. I've been here since 2008 and there have been ups and downs since then but these times are definitely the worst I've seen and not only on Sup Forums.

I miss the old days.

What I mean is that back then(like 2011)) it felt way more like the majority of people on Sup Forums agreed about how someone should post here. It doesn't really feel as much like that anymore. I genuinely think that back then you had a greater proportion of Sup Forumsnons who only browsed Sup Forums or Sup Forums, now I'm pretty sure it has a lot more people for whom it's just another place to post about anime. Maybe I'm way off though.

>I just realized that I've spent more than a third of my life browsing this hellhole.

Sould I just kill myself?

I'm excited for it.

>I miss the old days.
Me too bud, me too.

Same here mate.

>2011-2013

Man was this the time of the first or second reddit invasion? I forgot, I mainly just shitpost on the chan now a days.

>shitpost
You're part of the problem.

No one anyone would remember. I used my trip sparingly, and very long ago.

>mfw since 2011 so much waifufags and eva autists left or killed themselves that it's now actually possible to talk about anime on this board

>I mainly just shitpost on the chan now a days
>the chan
Maybe you should leave.

Tripfags were the worst thing to happen to Sup Forums and it makes me happy everyday to know they are still alive, but dont get any attention online. They just have to live their shitty lives in the real world where nobody cares about them, supplementing social interaction with IRC or skype groups. Hahahahaa faggots

fuck off, it's not like it is gonna get any better. I've had many memories from back then and I doubt anything now would be able to overshadow them

this worked so well

Nah I think you're right on point with that post, better than I could have put it at least, in recent times there's so much more faggotry that gets overlooked, but maybe it's just the times changing again though.

I don't.

>Do you feel like Sup Forums has gotten worse since say, 2011-2013?

Definitely, I don't feel like im in good company with like-minded people anymore. Anime culture and Sup Forums gaining mainstream popularity ruined everything.

Hey Bear why did you stop using your tripcode?

Didn't even notice he was gone. Hope he stays gone.

I actually do miss tripfags only because their rampant trolling made it feel like something was actually happening on Sup Forums, it's like a giant sea of samey nothingness now.

I miss Yotsuba C

I miss No Captcha and moot promising that Sup Forums would never have captcha.

>animeright
Jesus Christ don't remind me. Sup Forums is like a worse Sup Forums if that's possible.

Apparently, Komeiki changed waifus and moved to Japan.

At least his autism took him somewhere.

I could start being a tripfag a resparking that life into the board.

I've had this idea actually where I tripfag and make genuine posts, have real discussion, and don't try to troll people. The only catch is I never use the backspace key.

Sup Forums is depressingly normal now. Just a bunch of tweens asking for nudes, hookups, and weed.

Didn't he use to make extremely long winded posts about moe or something?

It's definitely true that the larger a community gets the more shit that gets fling, but sometimes you find a speck of dust that is like finding gold

It really is surreal to look at modern Sup Forums, it's exactly as you describe. Just thinking about how completely separate from the rest of the site is strange itself.

I can't believe we're living in a world where people associate liking Japanese cartoons with politics.

>keep anime unpopular
The fucking irony.

Every now and then I go there and start a thread reminding them that this is an anime website, but it usually just archives within minutes.

I was going to call you a retard, but then I realized that 2011 was 6 years ago.
I miss Kuma's r/a/dio.

Not even chanology was this bad.

faggot

>semi oldfags

>semi-oldfags
>2011-2013
Fucking Christ, if only 2011-2013 Sup Forums could see this.

There aren't any left.

Just wait until we're on 2030 Sup Forums.

>2011

>There are posters that are younger than Sup Forums

Old Sup Forums was endearing, even the chanology crap. Yeah, maybe chanology was a bit too much, but it still lacked the scope that Sup Forums sets out nowadays. Old Sup Forums was just pranks and dumb shit, and chanology was done when it was done. Sup Forums gets something done and then sets their sites on something new. They fight with an ideology. It sucks the fun out of it.

I'm not proud of it, but I still am. 2011 doesn't feel like that long ago.

Tripfags attentionwhoring wasnt really that much of a problem until one or two autists would come into the thread and crash it because they couldnt handle seeing someone be not anonymous

Sup Forums, and Sup Forums in general, has gotten worse. There's tons of fucking retards who simply shitpost to get a reply from others. Its fucking disgusting

I'll be dead.

>tfw this year is my tenth year on this fucking site
>I've spend nearly half of my life here
Let me off.

I don't understand why everyone is greentexting 2011 - 2013 as if everyone didn't already know that's not anywhere close to being an oldfag. The fact of the matter is that it's when the decline of the board got a lot worse than it was before. No, not "Sup Forums has always been bad" or whatever, a significant and clear decrease in quality and community occurred from there forward, likely in part due to generals.

>That march
Holy shit, now that's BASED as fuck. I like that woman btw, she looks pretty hot :3

I just stopped posting on Sup Forums in general. My anime consumption slowed down a fuckton last semester because of >uni and gf and Sup Forums had just gotten so boring so I stopped. Been watching more anime lately so I might come to Sup Forums a bit more often again.

>I've had this idea actually where I tripfag and make genuine posts, have real discussion, and don't try to troll people
That's what I tried to do for a while.

>last month was my 7th year on this site

Tripfags, not oldfags.

Oh. Right.

Dead tripfags are so mad that they are irrelevant the only thing they do is make shitposting/bait threads.

Ruggarell and Kronie are two of the biggest faggots who can't stop making garbge threads. Foolz is a shithole and pure cancer and I have no idea why someone hasn't assassinate these faggots.

Back to your containment board.

>gf
>became a normalfag

How about you stay fuck off? We don't need more normalfags cancer like you on this board.

>a speck of dust that is like finding gold
The more niche boards are still producing a lot of HQ OC - it's a quite staggering ratio to the number of users. Sup Forums, Sup Forums and the vidya boards are hot pots for newfags and reposting cunts.

I actually browsed foolz and their Discord for a while to see what became of this legendary IRC shitposting crew.

Kronie has conversations in the chat like he has a split personality disorder and the rest of them don't really care or have moved on. Siz just plays OW competitively. It's kind of sad that shitposters have moved on with their lives while other people are stuck here.

I stand by my statement. I just don't trip any more.

No. Yes.
Sup Forums has gotten notably slower for some reason. Which isn't a bad thing.

Board traffic has more than doubled since 2013 due to cancerous political activism and Sup Forums becoming less of a niche weeb site and more of an edgy alternate facebook thanks to garbage boards like /soc/ and Sup Forums actively wanting more members

I think the general sentiment is that 2013 marked the point where the influx of newfags was large enought that they stopped adapting to board culture and just brought in their own normalfag bullshit, ie, pop politics instead.

Niggerell hasn't move on. Still making shitposting threads every single day.

I hated Kronie, and Siztra especially, and it makes me oddly depressed to hear that.
Do I miss them?

Do those sort of people come to this board, though?

It's tripfags anonymously making these threads right? Who actually wants to discuss this?

By 2012 Sup Forums was already long gone though. There's a reason why for almost two years straight any and all shiposting on Sup Forums was being redirected there.

It's Bear, see

As a Sup Forumsack since 2012 this shit disgusts me.
The problem was the election. If we had just stuck with Rand Paul we would have stayed the same. The influx of newfags and redditfags is what is causing this problem we see on all other boards. Also this meme magic BS. I thought Ebola-chan was fun and cute but that was just a precursor to this praising kek nonsense. I know even back in 2013 Sup Forums was still not the most liked board, but you wern't chastised like now. As we speak Sup Forums is fighting the newfag redditfag monster it created. One of the first good moves I'v seen Sup Forums take in a long time is to back Assad over Trump.

(Sorry for any spelling or grammer)
(I will not respond I have to go)

Some were memorable but I don't miss em',I miss Kagamin's weekly posting in Sup Forums years ago.
Shit posting is still shit posting, anons age and come & go just like seasonal anime.

>does Sup Forums come to this board, though?

Obviously. These people live off the attention and relish any chance to espouse their delusions that they somehow made things 'fun'. Bunch of mentally ill fags and trannys.

wew lad where'd ya dig up this relic