Is Evangelion the only anime that portrays the japanese military in a negative light...

Is Evangelion the only anime that portrays the japanese military in a negative light? I can't think of any other examples

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5T9Yygju9IY
youtube.com/watch?v=0wzNIETooWU
youtube.com/watch?v=icUWtKWbaYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But Nerv are the bad guys.

But they literally went "nothing personal kid" on a kid and were about to blow his brains

Not to mention burning people alive for no reason

Also SEELE are the bad guys

the GITS military is exactly all sunshine and lolis

Isn't*

*personnel

>negative light
>NERV has become an outright doomsday cult trying to destroy the world

The fact that SEELE was, too, just in a different way, doesn't mean NERV weren't bad guys.

Akira definately doesn't portray the military as good guys

Was that the JGSDF though? I thought it was UN lead thing.

>people have seen NGE but not E7
I seriously don't understand this one bit, that shit was popular back when.

*definitely

>military in Akira are literally just doing their best to prevent a nation or world-ending event the entire time since the original disaster
>psychic kids program was all civilian agencies from the start
>military not the good guys in Akira

From Kaneda's point of view, the military are the bad guys though.

Eureka 7? I heard a lot a praise, at least a few years ago, but never got around to it for some reason

Kaneda's a god-damned retard, though.

Maybe you should watch Mobile Suit Gundam, the first anime for adults. The Feddies literally use children has human shields.

Is that the one where the .gif of a kid getting his head blown off with a laser bazooka comes from

It's better than NGE in every way and is probably the best series you'll ever watch.

It portrays the military as both full of good and evil, the entire main cast besides the MC were in the military previously, and some of the best characters besides the main cast are in the military.
The antagonist is also in the military.
Don't read any summaries online, you can only experience it once. A lot of people feel it is slow (it's 50 episodes long), I don't, but it definitely doesn't become a full-fledged war drama until the 4th cour.

I guess Code Geass portrays the Japanese military as a bunch of incompetent dipshits.

Don't shill for the Zeeks outside of your board

Same director but No

Tomino
>Created several masterpieces inspired many talentless hacks like Anno
Anno
>Still remaking Eva doesn't have a single original idea

Urobuchi pls stop posting

Note that the more you know about historical wars, 19th/20th century ideologies, and mecha anime, the more you'll enjoy the series.
You might want to read a summary of the Golden Bough once it comes up. I thought this was a very tacky plot device at first, but after thinking about it for a while and how it was used or alluded to, I began to appreciate it. I can explain it once you actually finish the series because my interpretation is OC as far as I know.
You don't need to or want to watch AO, I genuinely don't mind the movie (it has an incredible soundtrack) but you don't need to watch that either.
Again, don't read ANY summaries or you'll be missing out on so much. I'm already telling you too much. Get off Sup Forums, go torrent the Coalgirls release, and watch it.

Girls und Panzer

>Literally the only ones protecting the people from commie terrorists and corrupt cops
>negative

Got it, thanks user. I don't really watch mecha as general rule, even though I loved NGE, but this sounds right up my alley

And still a bunch of faggots.

Try out the OST too if you need more convincing.
youtube.com/watch?v=5T9Yygju9IY
youtube.com/watch?v=0wzNIETooWU
youtube.com/watch?v=icUWtKWbaYM

A fucking leaf.

>qt wants the D
>guy kills her
>not a faggot