Why does she sit like that?

maybe her butt hurts

ITT Retards

no, fuck you
literally just the same episode repeated over and over again

It's actually nothing in the picture, it's The Umineko VN

Buddy Complex, no doubt.

It's there at the center

Daily reminder that time loop romance is the best genre there is.

Tatami galaxy is the only right answer

Groundhog day. It's just a perfect movie.

So the perfect time loop

Honestly it actually is my favorite because
endless deflowering over and over again

every time until you agree
Tatami Galaxy > Steins;Gate > Groundhog Day > Muv-Luv Alternative > Umineko > Madoka > All You Need Is Kill = Edge of Tomorrow > Higurashi > Re:Zero >>> Endless 8

>Shits;Gay better than anything

Steins;Gate is not a time loop story. At no point is there any sort of enforced loop. All time travel is voluntary.

Suzuha ending

SHINING JUSTICE

No A Distant Neighbourhood?

Kyon-kun, denwa!

>newfag

I swear to god, if anno keep pushing down our throaths that evangelion rebuild is a sequel and they are in a loop, im gonna nuke japan again.

Still voluntary. Okabe tries to stop the clock simply because he doesn't manage to have any better ideas. Time is only reversed by willful action.
One of the major themes of a time loop story is that the character must be trapped in time, unable to escape.

>time loop has be involuntary
Why, it's just called time loop. Time has to loop, to rewind several times; events have to repeat. Why can't it be induced by the willing actions of the characters, for excample to save somones life like in S;GH

Buddy Complex was really well constructed, but if I have to choose, Higurashi is it for me.

The fact that it's voluntary doesn't make a difference. There's a condition that triggers the loop, in this case, Mayuri dying. He's willingly trapping himself until he manages to stop that.

Madoka and Higurashi are the same, for example. There's someone willingly going back in time (Homura and Hanyuu), and they could stop doing it at any given time, but they chose not to until they stop something from happening.

Timelooping is just a gimmick and rarely a compelling enough reason to watch a show.

>Umineko
>timeloop
>better story than Higurashi

Because it's not a loop, it's merely repeated backwards time travel. At no point is there a loop where GOING FORWARD arrives at THE STARTING POINT.
You realize that "loop" means "circular", right? Because Okabe doesn't go forward and arrive where he was. He willingly jumps back, successively, of his own accord.
Here's a fucking diagram.

The only good ones are Shadow Play, Beautiful Dreamer, Groundhog Day, Ursuro no Hako and Majora's Mask.

All you need is kill (movie version)

You have autism.

I wouldn't call Madoka a time loop either and Higurashi isn't even time travel, it's parallel world travel to universes with earlier timestreams.

>Time loops between October 4th-5th 1986
>Higurashi better than Umineko

You're reading a fanfiction written by an autistic tranny, not looping in time user-kun
>Umineko better than Higurashi

Tatami Galaxy is the only timeloop I can recall that didn't make me want to rip my fucking hair out

Timeloops are awful.

Pleb, all of you

no such thing,
traveling to the past is impossible unless a God is involved, but then you get endless eight >:|

Closed timelike curves resulting in information moving to previous states along the time axis are totally valid mathematically

I'd say it goes like this (vn only):
Higurashi Kai > Umineko > Higurashi > Chiru

how is umineko a time loop story?

i like your rankings user
Umineko 1-4 was so good

>steins gay
>Time loop
Might as well put chrono trigger in there

Shut the fuck up.

Why don't you go educate yourself on what a timeloop is, shit-for-brains?

chrono trigger doesn't repeat when traveling between time periods... returning to the present doesn't reset it to its vanilla state

Madoka > Edge of Tomorrow > Steins;Gate > GWLTT > TTG > Majora's Mask > AYNIK > Re:Zero > Higurashi > SHIT > Endless Eight

I can't remember disliking a timeloop story unless they actively tried to fuck it up in the case of Endless Eight. Haven't seen Groundhog's Day in over a decade so I don't think I could place it on here correctly but I remember enjoying it.

Not a time loop, but Erika a best

TTGL

From what?

>Nobody remembers Steins Gate: Sexy Edition this beside you

IM
STILL
MAD

Tatami Galaxy isn't even a time-loop, it's parallel universes.

I remember the anime aired and it was one of the worst things I've ever seen and I ended up dropping it.

Read Hakomaria

Is YU-NO a time loop story?
I mean if Steins Gate is, then...

Anyway I'd have that pretty high up there if it counts.

Date a Live

>no Infinity series
user, you are in washing machine.

>Qualia the Purple
That's not a time loop, that's a time corkscrew.

*drill

Anyone reading Mother of Learning?

>catched

Nice recommendation thread.

From a technical viewpoint, this is completely wrong. Each episode uses different cinematography, backgrounds, character art, etc from each other. Almost as much effort went into recreating each endless eight episode as went into creating entirely new episodes on their own.

But yes, from a narrative viewpoint it's almost exactly the same story told over and over again. Which is why it's the most ambitious and comprehensive time loop story ever told. It's the only time loop story which goes to such lengths to accurately convey the emotions of what it would actually feel like to be trapped in a time loop.

Mazinger ZERO

this is actually true but as much as I love the cinematography of it, I think it overstayed its welcome

I feel like 4 episodes instead of 8 would've been liked by most, but it wouldn't have made so much noise

Just get Godzilla into Japan, the US will do the rest.

>>:|
Kill your fucking self.

It was great. I'll fight you irl nigger.

>Closed timelike curves
fuck off with that shit

The human race evolved from this. Whether that is good or bad is up to the Integrated Data Sentient Entity to decide.

Everyone keeps talking about E8 but shouldn't Disappearance be included as well?

Red means that it was utter shit.
Yellow means that it is passable.
Green means that it is alright.
Wow, time loop stories sure are terrible.

The Sakura Fish threads

this taste hurts

My life

That's an alternate reality. Which already contains time loops I guess?

If you're putting Live Action stuff in there, you should include Ryuki, Madoka pulled a bunch of stuff from there.

I enjoyed Tatami Galaxy a lot, but the time loop thing got kind tiring by fourth episode.

The endless eight is probably the most retarded thing I've seen in anime.

Steins Gate was the only one that kept me entertained without getting extremely repetitive.

The rest is just generic time travel bullshit.

you sure have absolutely abysmal taste, user

>no Sagrada Reset

mca have been awful but i still really like kagepro

>Reeeeezero second last

Should have been last but its fine this way too.

>the rest is just generic time travel bullshit
>Higurashi anything but generic

I agree, I really like endless eight.

So just because i dont like garbage, my taste is considered shit.

Look at it from a different point of view: If you actually like those shows, then you have shit taste.

Why have so few people here watched Beautiful Dreamer? You'd expect people in Sup Forums to have some culture.

>You'd expect people in Sup Forums to have some culture.

Enjoy your first week here, it comes crashing down hard.

Never a better time to start:

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=648699

or

youtube.com/watch?v=LN2DcER0KVk

Majora's Mask for its satisfying as fuck ending when you did all the subquests

Most here haven't seen the series so I presume they just don't want to jump straight into the films. While you can still enjoy it on it's own knowing the characters and the world make you appreciate it on a deeper level.

Where the fuck is simoun, op?

You forgot Punch Line

That one episode of flip flappers

Except also, every time you go back in time, either that timeline ends up with the moon crashing anyway and all the happiness you created is met with the end of the world, OR everything is erased from history except those few things you carry on yourself and therefore all the problems you solved ultimately remain in the true timeline where the moon is stopped.

As far as I'm aware, it's literally not possible to do even the majority of quests in one cycle, so that means countless people meet a bad ending despite all your time traveling heroism.

Alright, time to download.