Is science fiction a dead genre?

is science fiction a dead genre?

It's not as popular as it was years ago tho. Such a shame.

>anime
>science fiction
Pick one. And light SF elements or mecha in space don't count.

urobutcher will save anime scifi

Name one good sci-fi anime from the 2010s.

Kemono Friends.

Kimi no Na wa

We get plenty of mecha.

>space sci-fi that isn't mecha
Uchuu Senkan is truly a rare breed.

Why did I watch this turd till the end.

Space Dandy nigga

Shinsekai Yori, ask me if you want those pieces of ass that got stuck in my boot.

Sora no Woto

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Shit help me out here

What was the name of that sci fi anime with the girl who had to testify or something? Seemed like it had a high budget and it was a movie?

Why cant I fucking remember and did a sequel ever come out for that?

>is science fiction a dead genre?

Yes.

We live in the future now. This is it. No flying cars. No robot bodies. No holograms. No space exploration. No VR.

Just extremely boring videogames and anime, twitter gossip and everything turning into a 3rd world country.

We know intuitively that in 20, 30, 40 years things will be the same. Everything becoming more simplistic. Everyone becoming more fat. More mindless distractions. Nothing new to discover.

Dude, what?
VR is a thing, and rapidly getting better. Elon Musk is throwing billions at putting a man on Mars. Cars don't fly, but they almost drive themselves. That insane Italian surgeon is all set to transplant a quadriplegic's head this December.
The future is real.

>VR is a thing, and rapidly getting better.
Waggling gimmicks are not full sensory VR.
>Elon Musk is throwing billions at putting a man on Mars.
We went to the moon 60 years ago and nobody can go back there still. Even if we get to mars the average person will not see it in at least 300 years.
>Cars don't fly, but they almost drive themselves.
So we are dumber and more coddled now.
>That insane Italian surgeon is all set to transplant a quadriplegic's head this December.
Because the majority of the populace is ever going to get a head transplant, right.

At least they made good on the cyberpunk surveillance.

spaceships are mechanical

Except when they're loli cat rabbits.

Pretty much this. Sci-fi as a genre may just be dying because the things it used to warn us about are slowly becoming reality already.