Illegals 7

Will we see Stain's JUSTICE?

to be honest, I think the series is purposely kept shittier due to fears of hitting the main series. Im just about to drop it, its too bland

It was a fun chapter, gives a bit of backstory to the world and now is linked to the main story but it needs its own characters not any of the heroes in the main series and neither its villains but the chapter was fun.

I really don't understand why this exists. I mean I get it just started and it can't be weekly because of the main series, but even if it were weekly there's just nothing intriguing about it.

Iida's bro is pretty based

I want more BEEEEEEES

I still think Crawler is a dumb name. He should've stuck with Gentleman.

Bee doujins soon.

It's Hauler stupid!

>Hauler
That's even worse. He doesn't even pull anything behind him when he goes out.

Are you sure it's not Choler?

I really liked this chapter. Gentleman learned how to really properly use his quirk, we saw how Heroes that aren't All Might handle criminals, and we didn't have to deal with illegal drug stuff.

this guy is really cool
I really like him

Thought it was Mauler? He bites their ankles while hes down there, no?

That would be a better name. Damn, Japan, come on.

I liked how Iida's brother actually got some character development so we know what that whole sidekick agency was about and why Iida looked up to him.

Does Illegals get run by Hori or is this just done independently?

This chapter seemed solid enough, might picked it up for some side reading. Can someone give me a rundown on all the quirk that has been seen so far here? I mean, we got..
>MC
Sliding as fast as bycycle
>Popstep
Bouncing real high
>Knuckleduster
none
>This chapter villain
Super Speed

what else?

it's an spin-off: it's independent from the main manga but looks like they have been exchanging ideas from both authors (a little hint over here and there) but nothing more I guess.

what is this face trying to convey?

>MC
He can glide as fast as he wants as long as he has 3 points of contact on a surface. That generates a repelling force between those three points.

>3 Mook Villains
Is a lizard, has fire hair, and extends spikes from his body. After taking the Trigger drug, they get: even more a lizard, firey body, and hedgehog.

>Trigger salesman
Gigantification

>Lamprey fan
Can excrete slime from his body. After taking Trigger he becomes a giant lamprey with hands and tries to rape Pop.

>Bat-Villain
Super-speed because of his bat-like body, and can do the things a bat can.

>Delinquent Fans
I forget their names, but one can shoot lasers from his eyes like Cyclops.

It's normal to him now. He's now an experienced hero.

Isn't a "repelent force" actually fucking OP?

guy must be one of those shitters who never figured out properly their quirk.

This is my boyfriend say something nice about him

i only just caught up on this spin off but i think its better in a lot of ways than the main story eg. pacing
also reading SMASH

Pretty much.

pop step can only jump of a surface though if shes falling she can't save herself

i really like her school girl design

A lot of people never figure out how their quirk works or get quirks that are too inhibiting to be useful. Bakugou's mother's quirk lets her secrete glycerin as a natural moisturizer. Bakugou's father's quirk lets him secrete explosive acid from his palms, but only when they're rubbed together. Neither is really conductive for hero work, and with the ban on using quirks in public save for heroes, it can be tough to strengthen a quirk without putting yourself in danger.

Koichi's only getting away with practicing in that street because nobody goes down that street anymore (so he's not a liability or putting people in danger) and Ingenium understands how he feels and has a similar quirk.

he should do a sub-zero slide as a signature move just for fun.

The restriction of 3-point(limb) contact holds it back too much.

>Crawler befriended Tenya's onii-san
>Guy was cool enough that he didn't even care he was a vigilante
>They became jogging buddies
Think he ever visited him in the hospital?

What do her parents think about her flashing the public and living with a college student?

How does it feel to be Christopher Reeve of the Turbo Hero family?

This spin off is way too based.

How would he even know?

It can be any 3 points, like 3 fingers. But the size of the area being propelled is projected between the 3 points.

Popstep best HA girl and she's a fucking spinoff character

>Pop Step
>Best
She's not even on Jirou's tier.

>Does Illegals get run by Hori or is this just done independently?
There is probably some control from Hori's side of what's possible and what isn't, latest BnHA mentions the drugs that boost quirk powers that's the central plot point of Illegals.

> Stain crippled this good man
Stain a fucking shit

He didn't pass the hero check.

Stain's "hero check" needs work, because Tensei was a pretty clear-cut hero that was doing his work because he liked to help people.

>heard you talkin' shit

Didn't Stain say he only took Tensei down to get the rumors of him going? Not at home right now so i cant check.

Ingenium II was actually a shitty hero. He basically gathered together a bunch of other weaklings and played at being hero when they couldn't even catch a monsterboy.

WHO?

DEEP
DOPE

>Isn't a "repelent force" actually fucking OP?

Maybe the author is going to try having a MC that develops a shitty quirk, learning to use it properly or more creatively instead of just getting power ups.

>It can be any 3 points, like 3 fingers. But the size of the area being propelled is projected between the 3 points.

Could he then propel things from his three fingers, making something small like a knife slide over his fingers and fly?

Like Deku? Can't he be more original and make him a hero with a shitty quirk, like that Xmen whose power was to look like a flightless bird or the one who's power was shedding their skin a lot? Or even like Sandman who's power was swinging bags of sand into people's heads to knock them out?

Stain's "hero check" is to search a hero who's near perfect. All Might level at least

i used to think WHO? was best girl till i meet popstar

If they don't pass the check, they don't pass the check.

If he had a quirk, he wouldn't have All Might give him One for All. That's like, half of Hero Academia right there.

Yeah but Deku is still shit at using it and training in learning to use it properly.

Not at fucking all, if the 3 point contact is lost, the forces acting on his body do not suddenly cease.

He can use it to propel himself and then release contact to make any sort of motion he wants and still enjoy the momentum carrying him though.

He also seems to enjoy almost instant acceleration. The applications in hand to hand combat are limitless.

I'm liking illegals more and more with each chapter.

>lays out good backstory for characters that can't get focus in BnHA and extra info.
>small cast.
>a decent MC.

I really didn't expect to like the protagonist when we met him but he's growing on me quickly. I thought he'd spend a lot more time bitching about things but he jumped right into sliding Peter Parker.

same here, also don't forget
>episodic chapters done well with an overarching plot being built up slowly in each

>post yfw stain goes after Ingenium because he saw he let illegal vigilantes go free

honestly, the small cast is great for the storytelling.

I love the Hero Academia's big cast, but it's so hard fo give each character screen time. I can probably count the times sadrock has spoken on one hand.

having a spinoff that focuses on just three heroes and one big bad allows for more background info and world building. it's the jelly to the main manga's peanut butter.

definitely
also it's comfy af getting to see them on their downtime
who wants to split a "penthouse" on top of an abandoned building together anons

i really liked chapter 4 cause of the slice of life feel very fun chapter

it really feels like the recent arc is the result of the popularity poll (after Bakugou got another mini-arc), with Kirishima and Frog getting a lot more of spotlight due to their popularity despite not being part of Deku's love triangle.

I agree with you on the bakugou end.

but i'm pretty sure Hori has planned this Deku/Uraraka/Froppy/Kirishima team up for awhile.

But Stain is an illegal vigilante.

Again, how does Pop Step get away with living with a college student full-time when she's a high school student? Are her parents DEAD!?

>No Iida
I don't even like him that much as a character but he's by far and away the one I'm most interested in seeing in the long-term. Feels like there're so many ways for him to go.

What is Froppy teaming up with them for?

They used the trigger drug from illegals in the main manga.

not only did they use it but it seems like the main manga might be getting to the source of it, or at least also addressing the distribution of it

So since MC is improving his quirk what is Pop Step's upgrade going to be?

she already knows how to use hers pretty well, Crawler just was stuck in the wrong way of thinking about it

I thought this was the best chapter so far, more lighthearted and small scale than the previous ones, and it was nice to see more of Tensei. Stuff like Aizawa's cameo in a previous chapter felt like gratuitous pandering, this felt a lot more natural.

pop step will continue to remain useless and pointless throughout the entirety of the series

I feel like Hori hasn't known what to do with Iida since the stain arc. "Welp you overcame your personal struggles, congrats, you are no longer important to the story"

>How would he even know?

The news?

Yeah, it's pretty good quality for a spin-off.
You can see that whoever's in charge like th setting and wants to make things right.

>who wants to split a "penthouse" on top of an abandoned building together anons
What a nice idea user. What could go wrong i wonder.

Indeed. I hope he got a mini-arc about him and a few other chosing to become rescue-oriented heroes. Would be a nice way to try something different.

A shit, he cant even outrun a bat.

>Crawler befriended Iida's brother
Holy shit I'm wonder how he's gonna handle what Stain did to him?

>How would he even know?
The guy's a famous hero and his career-ending injury would obviously be well-publicized?

Do we know exactly when Illegals is actually happening?
Because as far as I know it could be a few years before Bnha.

I think they've never ppinted it out... but from this chapter, saying that Iida is so inexperienced with us quirk that he can't even turn when running, I would say that it is at least 5 years before, maybe?

Kicking someone while using her quirk to launch them

Does it matter? Stain believes every hero except All-Might is just a faker regardless.

So how soon will the MC change his sliding configuration to kneeling position. It provides much more utility to him.

It was pretty shitty of Ingenium to take back the card.

"I don't even want you to be able to call me" was basically what he was saying all because he saw him doing vigilante shit.

I just want a Popstep arc

His quirk is extremely lame. It can become broken only if he realizes its potential, but right now it's not better than a bike.

Not really, I mean would you give your card to someone who already has a job and enjoys it ?
Not taking back the card would have meant that he didn't acknowledge MC's Vigilante activitiesas worthy, it'd give off a "once you stop playing around you can come and do some real work" vibe. Taking it back means that he realizes that MC has chosen another path in life, and a worthy one.

but vigilante work is illegal and that was the message he should have sent. Right now he studies and does unpaid vigilante work while if he joined his organization he'd have a career