When did you realize Gundam Seed and Destiny were actually great?

When did you realize Gundam Seed and Destiny were actually great?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oA0pJqelCWU
youtube.com/watch?v=KGt067uoLRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bHFFvrmCMn4
youtube.com/watch?v=JDBhUaSSJIE
youtube.com/watch?v=-E-LPsSNJDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0QVPcZ3xpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When I watched them before reading anything about them

First time I watched it, especially when Kira first go Seed Mode. Gundam Seed is my favorite Gundam and my second favorite Anime. I am also fond of Destiny. KiraXLacus forever.

NICOL WAS FIFTEEN

HE LOVED TO PLAY THE PIANO

Pretty much this except I have very few memories of Destiny and I think it was pretty meh when I watched it.

Kira going Seed was the best shit ever I tell you what.

Since the first time I watched SEED. I really liked it.

I should watch Destiny one of these days.

One of the things that redeemed Destiny for me were the godtier OP/EDs. They always stuck with me

Seed was alright apart from the maximum angst and recycled animation. And the last cour when our lord and savior Jesus Yamato rose from the dead and returned with a press x to win MS

That scene where Jesus descends from the heavens and saves the Archangel in the nick of time will always be one of my favorite scenes of anything ever.

I thought it was actually less painful to watch than Gundam SEED but that was probably because of the numbness of marathoning both shows over a 4 day period as a test of emotional endurance. I still have 'Nam-level flashbacks any time I see Hirai's design or a pacifist MC.

semen demon

I've always liked Seed.

I kind of learned to like Destiny around the same time they actually gave it an ending.

Should I watch the remaster or the original?

You're my fuckin nigga.

youtube.com/watch?v=oA0pJqelCWU

Sorry for Jewtube's shit quality.

Seed was my second Gundam and Seed Destiny was one of the first anime I started watching in Japanese.

I will always love them both. But that really doesn't mean they aren't flawed. And it also doesn't mean that the production related drama hurt Destiny as a creative work.

though seed > wing

They're both shit. Destiny being quite a lot shittier even.

I feel like there's a heavy correlation with having watched Seed as a kid and liking Seed

Didn't they pull the whole Lacus princess bullshit thing in destiny?

chaos gundam is best girl

probably but chances are they had a open mind and did not freak out because it was not UC and still popular.

The seed hate is a western only thing

>implying it's only disliked for not being UC
>implying japs have good taste when 0079 and AWGX were both canceled despite being the best shows gundam has to offer

First anime I couldn't finish and stopped watching around episode 39 or 40

At least the op was fucking good

youtube.com/watch?v=KGt067uoLRQ

every OP and ED for seed/d is actually trash.

At least try, if you are going to shit on seed music department is the worst place to attack.

na dawg, it's my honest opinion, they're all really bad

More like pretentious SHIT

>na dawg
opinion discarded

we're not talking about g-reco or IBO

Lolwut?

Episode 39

>opinion discarded
all good, my man, I discarded yours as soon as you said you liked the Seed music.

Sad how fake fans thing IBO is in anyway better when it is not.

nigga are you drunk?

I couldn't make it through them.

>marathoning both shows over a 4 day period as a test of emotional endurance
You're either brave, stupid, or both. I salute your courage, sir.

I tried doing the same but it took me about three weeks

If one actually watches it even semi-seriously, it's such an emotional roller-coaster that it's hard to take in more than 1-3 episode bites.

I did the 1-3 episodes a day thing for both until about episode 35 where I watched 15 in one day each

Seed was great all the way through
Destiny became great when Kira recovered the MC role.

I bet even then you got pretty numb to the whole thing by the end, right?

Shinn is top cute.

I barely remember what happened other than what kira was doing in destiny was similar to what celestial beings did except he wasn't thinking about it and trying to get an outcome, he was just being a third party in a war, killing people and then telling them to stop fighting

Never watched GSD, but Sword Impulse is the sexiest Gundam ever created.

Literally my guilty pleasure

Will NEVER get tired of Freedom/S freedom and Kira doing shit like the first descend in Seed. Athrun in justice saving kira, Relaunching Freedom in destiny, kidnapping cagali and ripping savour into pieces, kicking the shit out of everyone on the field and second descend in strike freedom.

Rewatch the series everyyear

My guilty pleasure and I love It

Seed was ok but Destiny is worst in the entire Gundam series. Stargazer was the best of the three and is actually good.

Is that the one where Orb self-destructs?

youtube.com/watch?v=bHFFvrmCMn4

youtube.com/watch?v=JDBhUaSSJIE

Stargazer trailer was pure hype, the actual product was too short lived to make a lasting impression

youtube.com/watch?v=-E-LPsSNJDQ

A CUTE.

This is the good shit

Seed is okay. Destiny is pure shit.

I went into SEED thinking that it would actually be good because /m/ complains about it so much.

It was fucking shit, especially compared to its predecessors.

Seed and Destiny are the wrost Fukuda shows
GPX formula and Dendoh are the best shows
Also Fukuda best Char is pc related

Here's your Shinn 2.0.

he is pretty fuckable

Cross Ange is Better
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0QVPcZ3xpM

post ange shooting at her cripple sister

I liked his story, he was Zamasu but done right in Granblue Fantasy

Cross Ange had Destiny tier OP/EDs which is what made me like it besides that Fukuda feel his directing gave it and the fun trainwreck it turned out to be. The threads were fucking god tier and if Fukuda ever directs something again, I can guarantee those threads will be great.

Daily reminder Cross Ange was Fukuda idea for a gundam show

When I watched them when I was 13

Cross shitge was so bad, going to bench its units in SRW V so hard

>b-but is was fun!
No

I mainly watched it for the Luna, so I wouldn't know.

I believe a Cross Ange sequel

Fukuda will deliver Cross Ange Destiny

screencap this

>fell for the guy who apparently killed her sister

Did that bother anyone else?

>0079 and AWGX were both canceled despite being the best shows gundam has to offer
I legitimately agree but also put Turn A in there

>Hisayuki makes the best GPX, Dendoh and Mai Hime designs

All these series deserve a new entry instead of more Gundam

Not that guy, but I'm having a hard time to enjoy Turn A. I'm on episode 10 though, and I don't know what to expect. I'm gonna watch it for the sake of having an objective opinion.

I guess I still got the hype of Unicorn, so I'll probably end up watching Seed and Destiny after this.
Ignoring the fact that 90% of /m/ hates it of course

>tfw everyone hates on G Gundam

The lesbo prison girls wanted Arthur dick so hard in SRW?