Is this the magnum opus of anime?

is this the magnum opus of anime?

no

Not even the best anime of the 90s.

wrong
this is

Nein, this isEvangelion/GiTS/SamChamploo/CowboyBebop are also arguably the greatest.

are you mexican?

It is the most memorable scene in cartoon history.

if that is the magnum opus than so is this series

it's only fair

fuck yes it is

compelling argument. fuck you, OP i've made my decision.

I've got to say, the original Super Saiyan transformation is kind of underwhelming.

It just kind of... happens. I don't expect a big five minute build up, like we got with SSJ3, but I never thought the scene itself was that amazing.

Shit taste.

Thunderbolt Fantasy

You all have to go back.

Everyone ITT needs to kill themselves.

Looking back with kid eyes, the biggest omg-wtf-shock & awe moment was trunks ... a second ssj. My little kid brain and heart couldn't handle it.

Shame they fucked up the entire franchise.

Anime that is based off the manga is for selling the manga. So product placement. The entire franchise is known world wide. The profits in manga, anime and games would place it at the top. Essentially with profit with mind this is the undisputed best.

For literary quality? Who cares? Japs look for profit, not an award.

Horseshit
The original SSJ transformation is far better than SSJ3

For its time, that was rather hype.

Close but no cigar

>no Jinbei

actually

Dragon ball as a whole franchise is the only Japanese work I'd call influential for a whole culture. It may not be as good as other ones (debatable), but it is by far the most recognizable, most iconic, most successful opera coming from Japan.

I'd argue Pokémon has had the larger cultural impact by now, but it also has stuff like games and trading cards, not just the anime, though the anime was important.

source user-kun?

it's this moment actually

>only Japanese work I'd call influential for a whole culture
I would argue that belongs strictly and exclusively to Doraemon. I don't particularly like Doraemon, but I understand its cultural impact.

Within Japan, I mean. Internationally, Doraemon is not nearly so well known.